daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Highways and Roadways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #2421
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

I've noticed in other (colder) countries the asphalt is very black and looks very new unlike the ones we have here or even in any part of the country na medyo white or grayish na after a few months..

Could it be because of dust and mud from the vehicles? Probably because we're a tropical country?

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 15th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #2422
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by junax View Post
all philippines cities have that distinctive spaghetti wires, even makati and ortigas are not 100% exempted. sa tingin ko nga isa yan sa basehan ng isang country kung gaano sya kayaman. so that means, pulubi pa rin ang pinas compared sa ibang country.

Meron din actually spaghetti wires in richer countries. I remember seeing photos of spaghetti wires in Tokyo, LA, SanFrancisco, etc.

I was thinking, is it the job of the government or the private utility firms to bury the wires underground?

Maybe the government should enact a law requiring utility firms to bury all wires underground.. For example, PLDT already buries some of its wires underground and so with Globe, etc. After all mayaman naman cguro ang Meralco ang other electric firms..
LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #2423
barrera_marquez
I'm the master of my fate

Likes (Received): 45

while I was in San Fernando yesterday, I saw support columns being constructed in Pulilan (near Candaba viaduct), and not just support columns since they are aligned and the construction goes a long way, is this it?

Check out my Wikipedia User Page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Barrera_marquez

"Clark International Airport is our best chance to compete with other countries' airports. Clark is not only a backup airport but rather the future gateway of the Philippines."
barrera_marquez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #2424
dinabaw
"Durian is Here"

Likes (Received): 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCarnal View Post

I've noticed in other (colder) countries the asphalt is very black and looks very new unlike the ones we have here or even in any part of the country na medyo white or grayish na after a few months..

Could it be because of dust and mud from the vehicles? Probably because we're a tropical country?

mas puro kasi ang halo nila less aggregate , just like in Hawaii.
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #2425
neyoneyo80
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

akala ko sa temecula .... class talaga ang tagum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinabaw View Post
where is this ?

it's in Tagum, Davao del Norte !
neyoneyo80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:24 AM   #2426
freightrunner

Likes (Received): 327

[QUOTE=barrera_marquez;19701180]while I was in San Fernando yesterday, I saw support columns being constructed in Pulilan (near Candaba viaduct), and not just support columns since they are aligned and the construction goes a long way, is this it?[/Q

Wow. Keep us updated bro.
freightrunner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:46 AM   #2427
freightrunner

Regarding those spaghetti wires, it's the engineering and city planning office that oversees these eyesores. I only wish that if the utility companies don't have budget for underground lines at the moment, then they should see to it that these wires and cables are well-organized and not just being spliced and connected anywhere they want. I've seen a lot of them being spliced right in the middle of the main line instead of from the pole. I'm sure there are already existing laws and ordinances on these utility wires but i don't think they are being strictly implemented or maybe...hmmm...you know.

Last edited by freightrunner; April 17th, 2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:31 AM   #2428
barrera_marquez

Quote:
Wow. Keep us updated bro.
malamang hindi ito iyon kasi Pulilan na iyon, sa Plaridel ang usapan eh.

Isa pa, kung ang interchange niyan sa NLEx ay lampas Sta. Rita exit, mapupwersa ang MNTC na palawakin ang lanes ng NLEx mula Santa Rita hanggang sa interchange nito ng 6 lanes para kayanin nito yung mga sasakyan na papuntang Northeaster Luzon. Kaya nga 6 lanes ang mula Tabang hanggang Santa Rita upang kayanin ng NLEx yung mga sasakyan na papuntang Cagayan.

Check out my Wikipedia User Page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Barrera_marquez

"Clark International Airport is our best chance to compete with other countries' airports. Clark is not only a backup airport but rather the future gateway of the Philippines."
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #2429
Il Tenore
조는 조나스 입니다!

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOYmeat View Post

mango ave., cebu city
The asphalt looks squeaky clean!!

visit my main blog:
http://www.davaocityguy.me/
Il Tenore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #2430
IndioBravo

Likes (Received): 1

Amazing! Congrats Tagum!So clean and orderly!Keep it up!Preserve our old street names!Preserve our heritage!
IndioBravo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #2431
PINOYmeat
Dislikes Received : 10986

Likes (Received): 260

lane marking also makes the road look organized.

Mactan export zone - airport road junction

(with the TIMEX indiglo clocktower at the upper right side)

CEBU by your stellar achievements. they are painfully reminded of their own mediocrity and puny existence

Last edited by PINOYmeat; April 18th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
PINOYmeat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #2432
arahan

Likes (Received): 0

Tarlac-La Union Expressway to start construction
The travel between Central and Northern Luzon will soon be halved as a multi-billion expressway project goes underway this year.

In a briefing, the Private Infra Dev. Corp. (PIDC), the project proponent of the 88.5-kilometer expressway, said they will begin Tarlac-La Union Toll Expressway Project in September.

The ten-member consortium, composed of big players in local construction business will oversee the design, construction, financing and operations of the project.

Construction giants First Balfour, Inc. and D.M. Consunji, Inc., are the biggest shareholders in PIDC with 34% stake each.

The P15.18-billion Tarlac-La Union expressway extending from La Paz, Tarlac to Rosario, La Union, will be done through a Build-Transfer-Operate (BOT) scheme.

Following the project’s completion, the land title will be transferred to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). After which, a toll operating agreement will be signed for a 35-year concession contract that can be extended for 15 years.

Of the total P15.18 billion project cost, 57% or P8.59 billion will be financed by loans, 24% or P3.68 billion will come as an equity investment and 19% or P2.91 billion will provided by the government through the DPWH. The government subsidy will finance the right-of-way acquisition.

Tarlac-La Union Expressway will have eight interchanges, nine toll plazas, two operating buildings, 20 bridges, two viaducts 26 overpasses and three farm crossings.

DPWH Secretary Manuel M. Bonoan said the project is critical to enhance the economic development in the North.

"With good transportation system, the economic development will follow," he said, adding that with reduced travel time, goods and services will easily be transported.

Mr. Bonoan said the expressway will halve travel time between Manila to Baguio in an average speed of 80 km per hour.

PDIC yesterday invited local and foreign banks, as well as investment houses to participate in the financing of the expressway development.

Start of partial operations will be on January 2010 for Tarlac-Carmen section, January 2011 for Carmen-Urdaneta and March 2013 for Urdaneta-Rosario stretch. — Marian Grace S. Ramos
arahan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #2433
barrera_marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by arahan View Post
Tarlac-La Union Expressway to start construction
The travel between Central and Northern Luzon will soon be halved as a multi-billion expressway project goes underway this year.

In a briefing, the Private Infra Dev. Corp. (PIDC), the project proponent of the 88.5-kilometer expressway, said they will begin Tarlac-La Union Toll Expressway Project in September.

The ten-member consortium, composed of big players in local construction business will oversee the design, construction, financing and operations of the project.

Construction giants First Balfour, Inc. and D.M. Consunji, Inc., are the biggest shareholders in PIDC with 34% stake each.

The P15.18-billion Tarlac-La Union expressway extending from La Paz, Tarlac to Rosario, La Union, will be done through a Build-Transfer-Operate (BOT) scheme.

Following the project’s completion, the land title will be transferred to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). After which, a toll operating agreement will be signed for a 35-year concession contract that can be extended for 15 years.

Of the total P15.18 billion project cost, 57% or P8.59 billion will be financed by loans, 24% or P3.68 billion will come as an equity investment and 19% or P2.91 billion will provided by the government through the DPWH. The government subsidy will finance the right-of-way acquisition.

Tarlac-La Union Expressway will have eight interchanges, nine toll plazas, two operating buildings, 20 bridges, two viaducts 26 overpasses and three farm crossings.

DPWH Secretary Manuel M. Bonoan said the project is critical to enhance the economic development in the North.

"With good transportation system, the economic development will follow," he said, adding that with reduced travel time, goods and services will easily be transported.

Mr. Bonoan said the expressway will halve travel time between Manila to Baguio in an average speed of 80 km per hour.

PDIC yesterday invited local and foreign banks, as well as investment houses to participate in the financing of the expressway development.

Start of partial operations will be on January 2010 for Tarlac-Carmen section, January 2011 for Carmen-Urdaneta and March 2013 for Urdaneta-Rosario stretch. — Marian Grace S. Ramos
Keep your fingers crossed, hindi naman sinabi ang number of lanes niyan. Hope na ni-revise nila ang plano at gawin na itong 4 lanes... My God!

Old April 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #2434
barrera_marquez

North Luzon East Expressway (NLEE) Project

Description:

Construction of toll roads involving the following:
a. Stage 1: a 22 km initially 2-lane toll road extending from Plaridel to San Rafael, Bulacan
b. Stage 2: a 34-km initially 2-lane toll road extending from San Leonardo to San Diego, Cabanatuan
c. Stage 3: a 45 km initially 2-lane toll road connecting the Plaridel and Cabanatuan Bypasses.

Implementing Agencyepartment of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)
Cost and Financing:PhP3,013M (Stage 1)

The government of the Philippines (GOP) will provide financing for the construction of the project. Upon completion, the operation and maintenance (O&M) of toll facility will be offered to the private sector through concession. Implementation agreement is now being prepared.

Source: http://pdf.ph/downloads/Presentation...h,%2012nn).pdf (Mula NLEE hanggang Metro Manila tollway kumpleto)

Pusa naman o! Bakit two lanes lang? Hindi tayo nag-aasam ng expressway na two lanes lang. Does the government have other plans for these?

Old April 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #2435
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 1571

good news!!!
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #2436
ForwardTaguigCity
I don't like titles.

Likes (Received): 2

wow exciting!
ForwardTaguigCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #2437
bustero

Likes (Received): 3

2013 wow tagal noon ah!
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #2438
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 746

good news! though sana naman 4 lane expressway na agad to...

wait a minute, hindi na ba c hermogenes ebdane ang dpwh secretary?
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #2439
freightrunner

Palagay ko initially e two lanes lang muna para pag construct ng other lanes e ginagamit na yan. Parang yung regular two lane highway di ba one lane muna for maybe 1k stretch tapos yung kabilang lane naman later.
Old April 19th, 2008, 03:14 AM   #2440
freightrunner

looks nice n clean. you guys in cebu don't seem to have any problem with traffic.

Tags
metro manila, philippines