daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Hyderabad

Hyderabad Project news from Hyderabad and Secunderabad



Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #21
..devil..
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Likes (Received): 0

i do agree with some of the skepticism here.
1) we still do not know the exact height of the tower. one day its 100 the next it is 112. anything over 100 is highly optimistic.
2) the UC pics dont show anything which even remotely hint of such a tower.
3) what about the infrastructure needed to support such a tower? water? wide roads? etc. are these going to be put in place after the tower is built??
4) all in all the entire project is shrouded in mystery. not even one parameter is clearly defined.
i agree with the member who says let it rise to 30 floors first.
..devil.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #22
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,838
Likes (Received): 60

There is a fine line between a reasoned skepticism and being five radial miles outside your skull. One can, as I and most here are, be both optimistic and reasoned. However, the length at that some people, so completely blinded by their arrogance that they refuse to accept any ground realities (much less contribute anything meaningful or bring any reason to any discussion here) astounds and amuses me to no end.

I mean, anyone who seriously mistakes our good natured optimism for some kind of baseless cheerleaderism is seriously. freakin. blind. The fact that I have to even explicitly spell out my/our position -- something that should be painfully obvious to anyone of a rational and measured mindset -- just shows how truly unreasonable the rampant negativism really is.


If I may deviate from the topic a second, there is a certain age group and mindset of people in India who act like abused children. Apparently their own dreams and ambitions were so completely crushed that they simply cannot accept a change in the status quo of a betterment in their circumstances. Like people who have been mentally exploited and abused, they react with an irrational, virulent, viscerism against a hint of the same.

It is a defense mechanism that provokes more pity from me and from a generation unburdened by the culture of a needy self-flagellation, who don't suffer from the same cognitive dissonance and lack of self-respect. We can empathize, BUT at the same time their irrationality isn't something we should book or celebrate. However, what crosses the line is when they charge into outright rudeness and unprovoked as upendora did in this thread, and in all the other threads people like him gleefully shat in (I'm too polite to name names, but for the interested observer, suffice it to say just see the Lanco Hills, GIFT, etc. threads for starters.)



Devil, re your 'points':
1. It has been reported several times that the height of 90 floors has been approved. From the get go, Lanco Hills has been pressing for a "100+ story" tower, and the 112-floor number has been floated since the project's inception. OK, let's be even more explicit now so you don't repeat the same fallacies ad nauseum:

There have been only 3 floor figures given:
a. 90 stories approved.
b. 100+ (sometimes unofficially said as 110+) stories goal.
c. 112 story architectural design (the height as seen in all renderings.)

So please don't pretend that the floor figures keep changing every day. They have remained markedly static. Regardless of how high the tower becomes, they are approved at 90 stories. Lanco's totally flush with cash and the response to this project is off the charts (reports say that booking has already happened well into the other phases.) The Signature Tower of at least 90 stories will eventually come up.

OK? Now please try to keep up: The only thing thats totally up in the air is the final height of the project. The rendering clearly shows that the pinnacle of the tower will rise significantly higher than its highest occupied floor. This is where the definition of 'tallest residential tower' can get murky. As the pinnacle is a part and parcel of the architectural whole of the tower, not a spire stuck to the top, what is considered the roof height of this building can be considerably taller than the highest occupied floor and could conceiveably be the tallest resi tower in Asia/world. The design of the tower is as such that the tower's final design can be made to grow taller even after the core of the building is well under construction.

This is where their still waiting approval from the AAI and other regulatory bodies, and they're going to keep pushing that number until the final phase of this project (perhaps well after it has begun construction) to ensure its tallest possible height.


2. Because the tower is not under construction. It is PROPOSED.

Dude, these are not hard concepts to grasp.

If you would bother (oh! I wish too much) to actually read the information collected in other thread, the Signature Tower will be constructed in the last phase of the project. God knows how you've managed to miss the memo, but it was conceived like that from the very beginning. The towers u/c right now are the IT, resi, etc. towers that range from 20-40+ stories. Buildings that the photos clearly show through the foundations and the engineering we can all see, will be those heights. Save for an asteroid hitting the work site, Lanco going bankrupt or India sinking into the sea, these buildings are by all rational, reasonble positions, very much a done deal. It is just a matter of construction time.


3. This is the least transparent part of the project, and something approaching your most reasonable criticism. However from the various news articles and forumer reports from the worksite, plus the fact that they have employed among the world leaders in project management and design engineering firms with impeccable project execution records, no realy reasonable person can make the argument that the requisite infra simply will not exist, just because such proprietary information is not on the internet.

There are basic infrastructural requirements needed before projects can reach this level of construction. And its irrational, especially in the India case (where even the most basic building projects have to jump 10x the hoops of builders in other countries before they even break ground), to think that construction of this magnitude is going on without such approvals.

And if you do take the time out of what must be busy days of bitching and moaning to read the Lanco Hills thread, a number of our forumers who've been at the worksite have offered quite a bit of testimony debunking the 'no infra' myths.


4. Your ignorance of the parameters does not make it undefined. And as you or people of your argument have already shown your willfully ignorance of many basic concepts in the project in the other thread already, than the reasoned position would be that your own personal criteria for mentally sanctioning this project is already pretty shady at best.

While a goldmine of info on the project (by and away the most comprehensive collection of news articles, photos and discussions in any publicly accessible media form) exists in this forum, with plenty of 'parameters' quite clearly 'defined', I am more than willing to admit we do not have all the facts.

However, while we as casual readers on an internet forum may not have all nuances of the project sitting in indexed files and the notebooks of secretaries sitting by our keyboards, the parameters are obviously pretty clearly spelled out to the host of governmental, civic, investment, oversight, shareholders and consumers of this multi-million dollar real estate project, that would obviously allow for this project to already be so far along.

I'm gonna venture a guess and say that I really doubt that reputable American brokerage firms and a crapton of other businesses don't simply throw so much FDI into a sinkhole that will never be filled in. Doubt it.


In short, please don't be deluded that you can consider your and your cohorts unreasonable pessimism of this and nearly every other project in India (quite clearly and amusingly played out in the lanco hills and gift project threads) to be any semblance of a reasoned skepticism. Then again, we've already established that people of that same mentality have a remarkable ability for self-delusion.

-Jai

Last edited by Jai; May 30th, 2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot who mixed up the terms height and floors
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #23
TdotTdot
Registered User
 
TdotTdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Likes (Received): 63

Jai, you really know how to make a point.
Im with you on this one. Its easy to be pessimistic when you are not contributing much (like me) to this forum, but when you dig for news and find something to share with the other members, you would like people to accept it positively. Anyways, good job and thanks for being sooo dedicated to this forum!
TdotTdot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #24
bobbie501
World Entertainer.
 
bobbie501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad/Vizag,AP,Chicago,IL
Posts: 1,852
Likes (Received): 41

Jai I Think It's Not That Hard To Get Certain Clearances From AAI or Forest department for building such a mega structure coz the following Lanco Developers does belong to a congress member of parliament from Vijayawada.He can Lobby at the centre to get all the clearances get Done.Whatever,Jai leave out some critics to their fate they'll even find it hard when the tower gets completed.so cheers buddy i appreciate your work.
__________________
"When I Don't Make Any Decision,It's Not That I Don't Think About It.I Think About It & Make A Decision Not To Make A Decision"-P.V.N.R

"Time itself is the solution to all problems." -P.V.N.R
bobbie501 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #25
noobntleygik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..devil.. View Post
i do agree with some of the skepticism here.
1) we still do not know the exact height of the tower. one day its 100 the next it is 112. anything over 100 is highly optimistic.
2) the UC pics dont show anything which even remotely hint of such a tower.
3) what about the infrastructure needed to support such a tower? water? wide roads? etc. are these going to be put in place after the tower is built??
4) all in all the entire project is shrouded in mystery. not even one parameter is clearly defined.
i agree with the member who says let it rise to 30 floors first.

1)our GDP is 1 trillion...what this means is it took 60 years to reach 1 trillion(1947-2007)...by 2018 itll go up to 2.7 trillion and by 2025 itll go up to 6 trillion...

2)The government is planning to spend 500 BILLION on infrastructure between 2007 and 2012 in this Five Year Plan and a 1000 BILLION in he next Five Year Plan(2012 to 2017)

SO the india of yesterday is not the india of today...you sound like a hillbilly if you think there is a shortage either on the infrastructure side or the demand side...

In a nation of a billion people,in one of the largest cities, if you think its improbable that a 30 storey structure will come up, it is laughably ignorant.
noobntleygik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #26
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,838
Likes (Received): 60

T.T.,
There's nothing wrong with criticism or skepticism. I welcome it! Hell, its absolutely necessary for a real discussion and valuation of the merits of a projet and healthy to the forum.

There are a number of just plain stupid/hopeless proposals out there (Center of India Tower, Noida Tower, etc. hell even the APIIC Tower has become a punchline to a joke about mismanagement and ineptitude) -- but this ain't one of them (nor is the GIFT project for that matter, yet they still try to tear it down with strawmen.)

But there exists a group of people in this forum who absolutely revel in random, absurd negativism and snippy, ill-informed comments. Get enough of them in a discussion, and they feed off of each other's rants. Get enough comments in a thread, and it creates a very bad image where there is none. Many times, I think they intentionally try to derail a thread with their absurd complaints and commentaries.


Already most of the world suffers from some pseudo orientalist mental block when it comes to India. You have articles of Tata or Infosys punctuated with pictures of cows and slums. While all of that is true, the positives of India outweigh the negatives -- positive growth, declining poverty, etc.

When you have people like this taking sick pleasure in filling prejudiced minds with garbage, thats when I loose my cool.


If some people have some perverted sadomasochistic inferiority complex that they gotta flaunt in front of the phoren gora sahibs, that's there peroggative. Just please keep it away from real discussion.

Last edited by Jai; May 30th, 2008 at 07:54 AM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #27
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,838
Likes (Received): 60

Whatever, that's my last post on that. I don't want to derail the thread further with my own rant
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #28
..devil..
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai View Post
Devil, re your 'points':
1. It has been reported several times that the height of 90 floors has been approved. From the get go, Lanco Hills has been pressing for a "100+ story" tower, and the 112-floor number has been floated since the project's inception. OK, let's be even more explicit now so you don't repeat the same fallacies ad nauseum:

There have been only 3 floor figures given:
a. 90 stories approved.
b. 100+ (sometimes unofficially said as 110+) stories goal.
c. 112 story architectural design (the height as seen in all renderings.)

So please don't pretend that the floor figures keep changing every day. They have remained markedly static. Regardless of how high the tower becomes, they are approved at 90 stories. Lanco's totally flush with cash and the response to this project is off the charts (reports say that booking has already happened well into the other phases.) The Signature Tower of at least 90 stories will eventually come up.

OK? Now please try to keep up: The only thing thats totally up in the air is the final height of the project. The rendering clearly shows that the pinnacle of the tower will rise significantly higher than its highest occupied floor. This is where the definition of 'tallest residential tower' can get murky. As the pinnacle is a part and parcel of the architectural whole of the tower, not a spire stuck to the top, what is considered the roof height of this building can be considerably taller than the highest occupied floor and could conceiveably be the tallest resi tower in Asia/world. The design of the tower is as such that the tower's final design can be made to grow taller even after the core of the building is well under construction.

This is where their still waiting approval from the AAI and other regulatory bodies, and they're going to keep pushing that number until the final phase of this project (perhaps well after it has begun construction) to ensure its tallest possible height.


2. Because the tower is not under construction. It is PROPOSED.

Dude, these are not hard concepts to grasp.

If you would bother (oh! I wish too much) to actually read the information collected in other thread, the Signature Tower will be constructed in the last phase of the project. God knows how you've managed to miss the memo, but it was conceived like that from the very beginning. The towers u/c right now are the IT, resi, etc. towers that range from 20-40+ stories. Buildings that the photos clearly show through the foundations and the engineering we can all see, will be those heights. Save for an asteroid hitting the work site, Lanco going bankrupt or India sinking into the sea, these buildings are by all rational, reasonble positions, very much a done deal. It is just a matter of construction time.


3. This is the least transparent part of the project, and something approaching your most reasonable criticism. However from the various news articles and forumer reports from the worksite, plus the fact that they have employed among the world leaders in project management and design engineering firms with impeccable project execution records, no realy reasonable person can make the argument that the requisite infra simply will not exist, just because such proprietary information is not on the internet.

There are basic infrastructural requirements needed before projects can reach this level of construction. And its irrational, especially in the India case (where even the most basic building projects have to jump 10x the hoops of builders in other countries before they even break ground), to think that construction of this magnitude is going on without such approvals.

And if you do take the time out of what must be busy days of bitching and moaning to read the Lanco Hills thread, a number of our forumers who've been at the worksite have offered quite a bit of testimony debunking the 'no infra' myths.


4. Your ignorance of the parameters does not make it undefined. And as you or people of your argument have already shown your willfully ignorance of many basic concepts in the project in the other thread already, than the reasoned position would be that your own personal criteria for mentally sanctioning this project is already pretty shady at best.

While a goldmine of info on the project (by and away the most comprehensive collection of news articles, photos and discussions in any publicly accessible media form) exists in this forum, with plenty of 'parameters' quite clearly 'defined', I am more than willing to admit we do not have all the facts.

However, while we as casual readers on an internet forum may not have all nuances of the project sitting in indexed files and the notebooks of secretaries sitting by our keyboards, the parameters are obviously pretty clearly spelled out to the host of governmental, civic, investment, oversight, shareholders and consumers of this multi-million dollar real estate project, that would obviously allow for this project to already be so far along.

I'm gonna venture a guess and say that I really doubt that reputable American brokerage firms and a crapton of other businesses don't simply throw so much FDI into a sinkhole that will never be filled in. Doubt it.


In short, please don't be deluded that you can consider your and your cohorts unreasonable pessimism of this and nearly every other project in India (quite clearly and amusingly played out in the lanco hills and gift project threads) to be any semblance of a reasoned skepticism. Then again, we've already established that people of that same mentality have a remarkable ability for self-delusion.

-Jai
let me answer you point by point.
1) i was saying we still do not know the actual height of the tower.
you yourself proved me right by providing no less than four heights. four!!!.
when i say the floor height changes day by day i meant it changes frequently. not my problem if you cannot comprehend figure of speeches.

2)i was talking about the site not the tower. i saw ALL the UC pics of the rest of the towers in the site but nowhere i saw any place earmarked or a board placed which says 'this is the site for the signature tower'. I mean if you are taking pics of the rest of the site you might as well take pics of the place where the "signature" tower will be located right?. or was there no land earmarked yet??

3)where are the companies which came forward to provide all the necessary infra to the tower? i mean the tower must be so prestigious that there should be a ton of information lying everywhere right? but the first few links that come up when i search for the signature tower on google is skyscrapercity! thats right. there is no information anywhere else. and im not about to believe the people who claim to visit the site and talk to the construction workers.

4) you claim that the tower is booked. but until that is proved it just remains that. a nice claim. show me the companies which have booked all the floors in the building. oh wait. we dont know the real height yet. but all the floors are booked. so far not one company comes forward to say 'we are going to have an office in the signature tower'. explain that.

like i said. im not a pessimist but a realist. i have been in india enough to know how corrupt, lazy the people here are.
..devil.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #29
noobntleygik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 0

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..devil.. View Post
like i said. im not a pessimist but a realist. i have been in india enough to know how corrupt, lazy the people here are.
I dunno how a pessimist can objectively say if he is a realist or not but you certainly dont seem to notice the trends...not speaking of lanco here but just the fact that politicians are starting to dream big is a sign of things to come...

Last edited by noobntleygik; May 30th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
noobntleygik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #30
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,838
Likes (Received): 60

1. Re: the 4 heights - yeah that's true, but no one claimed otherwise. And don't give me this 'figure of speech' BS. I know you used the term 'next day' figuratively, and you know that I used the term that way as well. You're irrational but not a moron. But again, this is another example of a petty, whiny and irrationally stupid counter-argument to make. It shows your mentality.

And you're backpedaling. Your implication in your numerous other posts about the project in the other thread, and that 30 story tower crack here, is that because the final height may not be finalized (90-112 fl), the existence of the whole tower is in jeopardy. This is exactly my point about taking a reasonable observation and blowing it completely out of proportion.

2. The site plan is posted on page 1. We have a dozen renderings showing the tower in relation to the skyline. We know exactly where the tower is in relation to all the u/c buildings.

Just because there isn't a sign on a plot of dirt saying "Signature Tower" somehow makes this a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
castles in the air
Is that really supposed to be a realistic position??


*sigh* gosh, if only there were a sign pointing out the plot so we can all be really real realists about the tower's location...




...




...







Oh wait, there is.



3. Dude, your obvious distrust in the honesty of your fellow man aside, if you scroll down past those first few links you will find a hundred different links to investment and market analysts, news reports, industry articles, etc. about Lanco Hills corp. Each of them testify as to the viability of their plan. This is an architecture forum and not a real estate or stock market forum. Just cause the links aren't posted here doesn't somehow invalidate them.


4. Jeez. I said that Lanco Hills was booked solid. I hate to be a broken freakin record, but THE TOWER IS PROPOSED. A PROPOSAL. SPECULATIVE. NOT LAUNCHED. NOT OPEN FOR SALE. NOT SELLABLE. how many other ways am I to say the same thing??

There are a dozen links to articles in the other thread about how full Lanco Hills is. There are also just as many links about how Lanco hasn't started selling units in the tower. There is an article in particular about how when they formally launch the tower, its going to be a very big deal.

Again, here is where an observation can get blown completely out of proportion by your irrational negativism. A project design may still be in a proposal state and still be 100%, completely viable. Hint: this project is still in a proposal state and is 100%, completely viable.


Please, please, please read the other thread. You can see exactly how this forum reacted first with euphoria, then cynicism, then a guarded pessimism, and then a growing optimism as the project progressed because of all the facts and developments we've learned. It's all there in the writing.


Being a skeptic doesn't mean shutting your eyes to the facts. In fact, it means exactly the opposite

Last edited by Jai; May 30th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #31
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
 
Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Posts: 3,838
Likes (Received): 60

BTW, I guess I should address this
Quote:
Originally Posted by upendora View Post
Let us start a new thread for Lanco hills Lake. And another thread for Lanco hills garden.
The reason I started this thread is because Lanco Hills is under construction. Its many 30-40 story towers will alone be the tallest in Hyderabad. They are coming up, and as the years progress, they will be more evident and more visible.

This tower is coming up in the last phase of the project. As it is India's first approved supertall tower, and due to its merits, it needs a separate thread from the Lanco Hills thread, so we can have a one-stop database of tracking the tower's development from day 1.


As Lanco Hills grows vertical, Sig Tower related news will get buried in the construction updates. This thread is necessary for the future organization of this forum.

But then, if you refuse to even acknowledge the present, how the hell should I have expected you to look to the future?

MY BAD

-Jai
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #32
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,390
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobntleygik View Post
I dunno how a pessimist can objectively say if he is a realist or not but you certainly dont seem to notice the trends...not speaking of lanco here but just the fact that politicians are starting to dream big is a sign of things to come...
The politicians are dreaming about coming to power in the 2009 may general elections.They are starting to dream big about making more money.A realist will be optimistic as well as pessimistic depending upon the situation and how things envisaged are shaping but mere optimism under any circumstances is naive.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #33
Hindustani
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 154

Lightbulb

Jai

Funny fools hah. I dont know what part of Lanco Hills are they NOT getting. The website, the inverviews with CEO, the advertisement & marketing or even an image with "Signature Tower" board. This is coming up definitely but held up due to lack of bribes & corruption IMO. I'm sure Lanco guys are actually negotiating the bribe value for such a supertall.

All I say it bring it down to 60-F & get it u/c. I'm sure the bribe asking price will go down with reduced height.

Its NOT the entreprenuers like Lanco that are bringing India down. Hell. they'll build anything as tall as Burj Dubai push comes to shove.

Its the babus, red tape, litigation, corruption & bribery that are preventing the supertall projects like APIIC Reliance Tower, Lanco Sig Tower to get u/c.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #34
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,409
Likes (Received): 3822

This thread header says that this project is "PROPOSED". There is no claim that this is being constructed now.

Will this proposal get off ground? Maybe or Maybe not. Remember the Noida Tower?

Will it be 100+ storeys? Maybe or Maybe not. We have been surprised that some cities are suddenly building 50 storey towers when just a few years back 25 was like tall.

So as long as the project is not scrapped, there is no harm in posting relevant news regarding the project.

This project may end up as 30 storey tower. Who knows? We will all have to wait and see.

Also people have a right to say that this project will not get off ground.

Most forumers here are sane and will take their own decision about the project.

In the meantime it is exciting that at least we are talking of a tall building proposal.

So postings about this proposal are most welcome. It is a lot of hard work to dig out information about such projects. So let's appreciate that hard work as well. No one is getting a bonus here or the Padmashree for that work.


Being positive is a positive trait. Being down to earth is also a good trait. The two don't have to clash.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #35
noobntleygik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
The politicians are dreaming about coming to power in the 2009 may general elections.They are starting to dream big about making more money.A realist will be optimistic as well as pessimistic depending upon the situation and how things envisaged are shaping but mere optimism under any circumstances is naive.
Yes...India will be the first developed country without a highrise...thats pretty optimistic

will the signature tower get built?i dunno...but there will be at least 10 supertalls in india by 2015 and 15 to 25 highrises in Hyderabad alone...its simply a matter of supply and demand even if hyderabad has a lot of land...
noobntleygik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #36
TdotTdot
Registered User
 
TdotTdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 314
Likes (Received): 63

alright guys stop fighting lol, lets move on
TdotTdot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #37
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,390
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobntleygik View Post
Yes...India will be the first developed country without a highrise...thats pretty optimistic

will the signature tower get built?i dunno...but there will be at least 10 supertalls in india by 2015 and 15 to 25 highrises in Hyderabad alone...its simply a matter of supply and demand even if hyderabad has a lot of land...
Mere highrise buildings will not make a country developed.We will be a developed country only when more than 30% of the population don't sleep with empty stomach,get primary health care,atleast one time nutritious food per day,primary education etc etc.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #38
Luckystreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,943
Likes (Received): 18

People come to Skyscrapercity and quibble over other forumers being fascinated with highrises. You people are definitely on the wrong forum, I suggest you find a discussion forum which suits your interests better.
__________________
SkyscraperCity India - In Sanity We Trust
Luckystreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:57 AM   #39
noobntleygik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 42
Likes (Received): 0

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Mere highrise buildings will not make a country developed.We will be a developed country only when more than 30% of the population don't sleep with empty stomach,get primary health care,atleast one time nutritious food per day,primary education etc etc.
This is getting silly...just because millions of people go to bed hungry in delhi doesnt mean you dont have lamborghinis and bentleys zooming around...the per capita income of china is only twice ours...look at the number of highrises there...there is no point trying to deny economic fundamentals to justify your pessimism...Ranga...listen to me...You cant use past examples to justify your pessimism...this is an all new country with politicians competing with each other for investments in their state and investors flocking to india,china brazil and russia...you have the government spending billions on infrastructure and soaring per capita income in the hands of a FEW...they are going to demand 60th floor apartments...indian businesses are growing by leaps and bounds...they are going to demand A grade office space...


Any fool will tell you that the politicians of the past have been corrupt and inefficient...repeating the mantra in 2008 is hardly respectable...

Why do you pick bits and pieces of what i say?I never said india will be developed by 2015...hell it wont be fully developed even in 2040...

Look at the reasons i mentioned above in this post and the one above where im addressing devil...and ask yourself if you disagree with them...


this isnt pessimism masquerading as realism...this is plain ignorance and foolishness masquerading as realism...perhaps you have a structural damage in the brain that cant predict trends...or maybe youre just one of the millions who are ignorant of the most significant developments in their countrys prospects and think it will forever remain poor and oppose road widening, metro, SEZs etc...
noobntleygik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:35 PM   #40
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,390
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobntleygik View Post
This is getting silly...just because millions of people go to bed hungry in delhi doesnt mean you dont have lamborghinis and bentleys zooming around...the per capita income of china is only twice ours...look at the number of highrises there...there is no point trying to deny economic fundamentals to justify your pessimism...Ranga...listen to me...You cant use past examples to justify your pessimism...this is an all new country with politicians competing with each other for investments in their state and investors flocking to india,china brazil and russia...you have the government spending billions on infrastructure and soaring per capita income in the hands of a FEW...they are going to demand 60th floor apartments...indian businesses are growing by leaps and bounds...they are going to demand A grade office space...


ol will tell you that the politicians of the past have been corrupt and inefficient...repeating the mantra in 2008 is hardly respectable...

Why do you pick bits and pieces of what i say?I never said india will be developed by 2015...hell it wont be fully developed even in 2040...




this isnt pessimism masquerading as realism...this is plain ignorance and foolishness masquerading as realism...perhaps you have a structural damage in the brain that cant predict trends...or maybe youre just one of the millions who are ignorant of the most significant developments in their countrys prospects and think it will forever remain poor and oppose road widening, metro, SEZs etc...
The present day politicians are more corrupt than their counterparts of the past.One need not masquerade but is a bitter truth of that prevailing in this country.come to A.P and see for yourself all the irrigation projects and other infrastructure projects announced by the state Govt here and see the progress.Budgeted and supposed to have spent thousands of crores in the past four years yet hardly 10 to 15 percent have been completed costing few hundred crores.What has happened to the huge money.Are they remaining unspent,siphoned off by contractors pocketed by officials and swallowed by politicians.???
and being constructed.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu