|daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on one|
|July 13th, 2008, 06:26 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2006
Likes (Received): 4
Mackay - Map of Development Sites
Mackay Marina Projects
Mackay Industrial Developments
Mackay Retail Developments
NB: This is all to the best of my knowledge. Where there is no specific project thread, I've included a very quick synopsis of a project and also included an external URL hyperlink where possible. Many of the projects are not just high-rises but also new civil infrastructure that is of strategic importantance to the Mackay region. Would greatly appreciate any additional information being supplied by other forumers or visitors. Thanks.
1. Bluewater Lagoon Acqatic Centre - Completed in August 2008, the $12.7 million is a 3000 sqm three-tiered lagoon, the equivalent to Cairns' Esplanade Lagoon and the Airlie Beach lagoon.
2. Rivage (11 lv/Residential) www.rivage.com.au - Completed January 2008.
3. Lanai (12 lv/Residential) www.lanai.com.au - Completed December 2008.
4. Nelsons on the River (5 lv/Residential) - Completed 1998.
5. Quest Serviced Apartments (7lv/Hotel) - http://www.questmackay.com.au/. Fronting Nelson & Macalister St, 97 serviced apartments wtih retail/ restaurant emenities on ground level. Approved in 2006.
6. Mackay Convention & Exhibition Centre (covered in the Mackay Project thread).
8. Sydney St Markets (includes a 3,200m2 new-format Coles supermarket, 21 speciality stores and 132 carparks). $26-million art deco-inspired shopping centre located on the former Mater Hospital site. The centre was fully leased within three months of completion.
1. Fusion (9 lv/Residential) www.fusionmackay.com.au
2. The Crown (11 lv/Residential) www.thecrown.com.au
3. Latitude (10/Residential) www.latitudeatmackay.com - Project currently stalled after bankruptcy of the builder, future currently uncertain.
1. Unknown 'major' development on Cnr Peel & Victoria St. Area recently fenced off, zoned for commerical use.
2. Un-named development fronting Peel St (7lv/ Mixed Use). 20m tall incorporating a "car stacker" mechanism, cafe and lap-pool on the first floor, meeting rooms and a gym on the second floor, then two floors of office space and three floors of units.
3. Corner of Wellington & River streets. 10 storey development, extends 2 blocks along River Street.
4. 6 - 6a Nelson St (9lv/Mixed Use). Pre-approved 49 unit development for 9 levels on 1,617 sqm block for sale.
5. 5 - 7 Nelson St (10lv/Residential). Pre-approved 38 unit development for 10 levels on 1,633 sqm. Block was on the market but has recently been withdrawn.
6. QM Mackay (2x11lv Residential/Hotel) - http://www.qmapartments.com.au/. Approved for 99 apartments in front towner, with a second hotel tower at rear consisting of 125 suites. Both towers will have a number of commercial/retail units at ground floor. Construction contract already assigned to same builder as The Crown.
7. Azucar (8 lv/Residential) www.azucar.com.au. Honeycombs Group have announced this project is delayed indefinently.
8. Mackay Convention Centre Hotel (11lv/35m/Hotel/Office/Retail) - Albert St byMassland Group. Approved in 2008 but site now up for sale. See http://www.propertyoptions.tv/markrolton.html
9. Mackay Central (6lv/Office) www.mackaycentral.com.au
10. 33 River st (8lv/Office). It features a car-stacker mechanism in the lower parking levels (80 spaces in total), and is designed to blend in with the neighbouring Mackay Customs House and Old Post Office heritage buildings. GFA of just over 5,000 sqm.
11. Leichhardt on River (10 lv/Residential) www.leichhardtonriver.com
12. Meridian (11 lv/Residential) www.meridianmackay.com.au. Recently reapproved to a new height of 11 stories. Beginning of construction is imminent.
13. 50 Carlyle Street. 173 Room Motel + Shops. Site put up for auction in April 2009.
14. The Pier Residences (8 lv & 5 lv/Residential) www.thepierresidences.com.au
15. Inspire CBD (6 towers, up to 8 levels) http://www.pointglen.com.au/dvps/GordonStreet/New.html - Preliminary plans approved by the MRC. $160 million development, which Pointglen hopes to start building within the next two years. Mixture of commercial, residential and hotel accomodation.
1. Caneland Central Extension - $150 million upgrade to extend over River St. Will include Myer, other high-grade retail, new forecourt dining and compatable entertainment uses. Opening 2011.
2. Mackay Showgrounds potential redevelopment for the construction of 240 homes and apartment-style accomdation, along with retail and commercial amenities. Currently held up with potential EPA Heritage listing to occur.
3. Heritage listed Pioneer Shire Council chambers - MRC is seeking tenders from interested developers to revamp the Wood street site which would incorporate the existing heritage-listed Pioneer Shire Council building into a residential or mixed-use development. Details available at http://mackay.qld.gov.au/about_counc...nner_city_site
14. Dodd's Site (Pxaton's Building) at 8 River st. Not much known about this development, assuming it is a hotel/resi proposal. 35.9m AHD
Civil Projects - This mainly concerns projects being undertaken by the Mackay Regional Council and the Qld Government, either recently completed or currently under development. All these projects are covered extensively within the Mackay Projects thread. See also http://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/about_c...major_projects
1. Riverside Carpark Redevelopment
1. Clarion International Hotel (8 lv - Hotel)
2. Puerto Galera (9 lv/Residential)
3. Masthead (5 lv/Residential)
4. Admiralty Towers (8 lv/Residential)
5. Flagship (7 lv/Residential)
6. Porto fino (7 lv/Residential)
7. Regatta Beach (8 lv/Residential)
8. Captains Corner (2x 9 lv/Residential)
1. Eastpoint Mackay - $250 million, 10 stage development to be produced over 10 years. Integrated development including an international standard hotel, apartment complexes, resort villas, retirement village, shopping village, residential lots, indigenious cultural centre & an ampitheatre. Shitty and out-of-date website - http://www.eastpointmackay.com.au/
1. Clarion International stage 2 (8lv/Hotel) - Commited invesment featuring 52 additional rooms.
Please see the Mackay Marina Projects development thread for more information.
Last edited by Red Nut; August 13th, 2009 at 07:38 AM.