daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum

Hrvatski Forum Croatia » Zagreb, Istra, Primorje i Gorska Hrvatska, Dalmacija, Slavonija i Baranja, Sjeverna i Središnja Hrvatska

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM   #101
Mavey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Middle Eastern is a wide term since we are around Arabs,Jews and Turks.Link between Iranians and Northern Europeans.

Mavey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM   #102
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 99

If we're from middle east, I prefer Iranians to Arabs
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM   #103
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 6399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavey View Post
Hello I'm Iranian.Is it true Croats are an Iranic people? Sorry if this is a touchy issue I always wondered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
Its mainly a theory due to the similarities in the names of ancient tribes that have been uncovered in inscriptions in this part of the world.

However, genetic tests indicate that the Croats have almost no middle-eastern genes. On the contrary many Croats (38%) have Scandanavian genes, the rest have normal European genes.

You can read more here under "Origins" ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croats

Is it true that Croats are a Catholic tribe of Serbs?

j/k
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM   #104
Delmat
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Delmat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #105
Holandez
The flying Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Is it true that Croats are a Catholic tribe of Serbs?

j/k
no because Serbs are half Turks
Holandez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #106
adria356
nitko i ništa

Not half......they are Turks
...llll...llll...llll...llll...
llll...llll...llll...llll...llll
adria356 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:44 AM   #107
DOMZG

Likes (Received): 1024

Not all of theam ,some (krajisnici) are half croats ,y/k
DOMZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #108
ljubav_aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavey View Post
Middle Eastern is a wide term since we are around Arabs,Jews and Turks.Link between Iranians and Northern Europeans.

I2a*
Main article: Haplogroup I2 (Y-DNA)
Haplogroup I2a* (P37.2) accounts for most of the Haplogroup I component in the Y-chromosome diversity of Eastern European populations, reaching its peak in the Western Balkans, most notably in Dalmatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina (40 - 50%).

The high frequency and diversity of Haplogroup I2a* among populations of the Western Balkans lends support to the hypothesis that the Adriatic region of modern-day Croatia served as a refuge for populations bearing Haplogroup I2a* during the last glacial maximum.

I2a (P37.2) (formerly I1b1) Typical of the South Slavic peoples of the Balkans, especially the populations of Bosnia and Croatia; also found with high haplotype diversity values, but lower overall frequency, among the West Slavic populations of Slovakia and the Czech Republic; a node of elevated frequency in Moldavia correlates with that observed for Haplogroup I2a (but not for Haplogroup I1)

BUT

I1 (M253, M307, M450/S109, P30, P40, S62, S63, S64, S65, S66, S107, S108, S110, S111) (formerly I1a) Typical of populations of Scandinavia and Northwest Europe, with a moderate distribution throughout Eastern Europe
I1*

I1
Main article: Haplogroup I1 (Y-DNA)
Haplogroup I1 (M253, M307, P30, P40) displays a very clear frequency gradient, with a peak frequency of approximately 35% among the populations of southern Norway, southwestern Sweden, and Denmark, and rapidly decreasing frequencies toward the edges of the historically Germanic-influenced world. Notable exception is Finland, where frequency in West Finns is up to 40%, in certain provinces like Satakunta more than 50%

postoji znacajna razlika balkan,skandinavija

evo vam jos jedan interesatan link

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...tml?card=my036
ljubav_aha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #109
SeyMan
The Inhospitable Sea

Likes (Received): 31

How can Croatia still join the EU considering that Ireland has blocked the European Constitution? I mean, what is the specific mechanism which allows Croatia to join the EU (because under the current treaty the members number is limited to 27)?
SeyMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #110
frnja031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeyMan View Post
How can Croatia still join the EU considering that Ireland has blocked the European Constitution? I mean, what is the specific mechanism which allows Croatia to join the EU (because under the current treaty the members number is limited to 27)?
How could Romania join the EU before Croatia when it is far more undeveloped country than Coratia ?!
frnja031 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #111
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
it is because Croatia started the negotiations and is in the proces of joining. this is why. every other candidate country will have to wait untill this constitution is accepted in all of the member countries...

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #112
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
You are right, no such specific mechanism. It is yet to be found... or not.
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #113
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by renco View Post
A kaj njegovo ima smisla
muškarac bez trbuha je ko europa bez zvijezdica :

trbuh - beer belly ???

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #114
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Actually, Croatia is not tied in to 27 rule, exception was made for Croatia, Norway and Iceland. These 3 can join when they are ready to join. As to EU 27 rule, it is only a suggestion and not really a principle. As I said, Norway, Croatia and Iceland are exceptions here, and any of these 3 wish to join they can. Croatia is to join EU on 01.01.2011, Iceland and Norway need to decide weather they wish to join EU, and than hold referendums, theoretically all 3 can join EU inside 24 months.

BTW Croatia is going to participate in next European Parliament with 7Croatian MEP's, same as Slovakia, difference being, Croatian MEP's won't be able to vote on major legislations until Croatia is fully integrated in to EU, a full member.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #115
dubart
HAL9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion View Post
Croatia is not tied in to 27 rule, exception was made for Croatia, Norway and Iceland.
Are you sure about this?! This is not what Croatian media tell us...
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #116
Zanovijetalo

Not that I’m an expert or something, but am pretty sure the Nice Agreement or whatever they call it talks about 27 EU members explicitly. If EU wants to expand, that agreement *must* be changed or replaced with a new one (and we all know such attempts have failed)
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #117
dubart
HAL9001

Blast from the past... (1990)

Yugoslavia became a member of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade ( GATT--see Glossary) in 1965, when Tito's reform program brought tariff and trade regulations into line with international practice. The International Monetary Fund ( IMF--see Glossary) began substantial loan support to Yugoslavia in 1965. Although the United States provided Yugoslavia substantial financial aid throughout the postwar years, Yugoslavia's trade with the industrialized West focused on Western Europe. In the 1980s, economic relations with that region, which was also the greatest source of foreign loans to Yugoslavia, became even more important. A 1981 agreement with the European Economic Community allowed Yugoslavia to sell 70 percent of its industrial goods duty-free in EEC markets. This concession led to a Yugoslav policy of large-scale below-cost export to Western Europe, and to resentment from EEC members whose products were undercut. The quality of Yugoslav products often remained unsatisfactory to West European markets, however, and competition increased as EEC members granted concessions to their former colonies in the 1980s. Overall trade between Yugoslavia and the EEC fell by 15 percent between 1980 and 1985. The trade deficit with the EEC was cut by 75 percent in the same period (from US$4 billion to US$1 billion), but only because of severe cuts in imports associated with Yugoslavia's overall economic decline.
The Common Agricultural Policy of the EEC, designed to protect EEC farmers from low-priced outside competition, excluded most Yugoslav agricultural products from that market in the 1980s. In the late 1980s, Yugoslavia's trade imbalance crisis brought EEC concessions in the sale of specific products such as wine and veal, but clothing, textiles, and most produce remained subject to EEC duties.
Full membership in the EEC became a goal of Yugoslav economic policy in the late 1980s, and the media discussed the prospect constantly; in 1990 Prime Minister Ante Markovic officially declared that recent economic and political reforms qualified his country for inclusion. In response, the EEC strongly encouraged Yugoslav emulation of Western market economics and extended favorable financial terms wherever possible. Nonetheless, formidable reasons remained to delay full membership. One major obstacle, the Yugoslav trade deficit with the EEC, had virtually disappeared by 1989. But Yugoslavia would also have to eliminate all duties and accept all EEC standards to include itself in the EEC free trade zone; the Yugoslav economic structure did not permit such changes in 1990.
Politically, in 1990 Yugoslavia was still far from the genuine national multiparty system required of EEC members, and continued regional conflict jeopardized the long-term credibility of overtures by the Markovic government. Yugoslavia's strongly neutral international position also was a negative factor until Austria, neutral but wealthy, applied for EEC membership in 1989. Meanwhile, Yugoslavia had established special trading relationships with EEC members West Germany and Italy (accounting for 70 percent of Yugoslavia's EEC trade in 1989), as well as most members of the neutralist European Free Trade Association ( EFTA--see Glossary). In 1988 the EEC granted a five-year extension of Yugoslavia's special commercial status. West European experts generally agreed that if it remained politically stable, Yugoslavia would be admitted to the EEC ahead of former Soviet bloc members such as Poland and Hungary.
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #118
Zanovijetalo

As far as I'm concerned, Id rather wait for another million years to join it as independent Croatia.
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM   #119
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubart View Post
Are you sure about this?! This is not what Croatian media tell us...
Yep,.... when i have more time I'll post more details here, make sure to visit...

Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:44 AM   #120
tomkin

Likes (Received): 10

OK and the truth is...its not possible to join without Lisbon treaty in power or amending the Nice treaty.
The limit of 27 has been reached and exceptions do not exist. Should the Lisbon treaty be turned down, other option is to incorporate provisions into Croatian accession treaty so that every EU member state parliament at the same time votes for Croatian entry AND amendments which would remove the 27 state limit.
Some view this as a backup option for Lisbon Treaty. If it fails, some necessary provisions will be included in Croatian accession treaty.
tomkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: