daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old September 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #281
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Terengganu to review bus-service proposal
Friday September 26, 2008
TheStar

HULU TERENGGANU: The Terengganu government will review a bus-service proposal by a state subsidiary because of a protest from current operators on the use of existing routes.
Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said said the protest might force the state to find new routes but this could cause the new service to incur losses because of lack of passengers.

He said the state had received 26 buses costing RM10mil for new services, but following the review, the vehicles might be handed over to the departments that needed them.

Two of the buses would be handed over to Kemaman Municipal Council to transport visitors to the Mini Zoo in the district, he said.

“We don’t want to see the proposal proceeding only to be terminated a year later because of losses, more so at a time when fuel prices are high,” he told reporters here. - Bernama
i really don,t understand. why is it that they really wan't to protect the bus operator? shouldn't they responsible to give a better service to the rakyat? first they want to provide the service to the rakyat, then the bus operator complain, so they want to use other route that are unsustainable. now, they just use the busses for goverment use.a.k.a simpan kat stor.. a jb well done i say

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #282
epul_quantown

Likes (Received): 31

JONG GI MESRA MALL @ KERTIH

FINALLY, TERENGGANU GOT THEIR FIRST-MODERN SHOPPING MALL
"everything under one roof"
BUT THE MALL NOT LOCATED IN KUALA TERENGGANU BUT IT LOCATED AT OIL & GAS CITY IN KERTIH.

MESRA MALL- PEARL OF THE EAST (MUTIARA TIMUR ANDA)
owned by SURIA KLCC

The rumors tenants ;

1. GIANT
2. TGV Cinemas - Opening Early 2009
3. U-BOWL - Opening Oct 2008
4. Starbucks
5. Secret Recipe
6. Giordano
7. Tomei
8. Body Shop
9. Toys R Us
10. City Chain
11. Guess Accessories
12. Felisa Cosmetics
13. Carlo Rino
14. Anakku
15. Roti Boy
16. Burger King
17. Reject Shop
18. Bata
19. Various Photo and handphone shops
20. Health Spa

epul_quantown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #283
achkeen10

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by epul_quantown View Post
FINALLY, TERENGGANU GOT THEIR FIRST-MODERN SHOPPING MALL
"everything under one roof"
BUT THE MALL NOT LOCATED IN KUALA TERENGGANU BUT IT LOCATED AT OIL & GAS CITY IN KERTIH.

MESRA MALL- PEARL OF THE EAST (MUTIARA TIMUR ANDA)
owned by SURIA KLCC

The rumors tenants ;

1. GIANT
2. TGV Cinemas - Opening Early 2009
3. U-BOWL - Opening Oct 2008
4. Starbucks
5. Secret Recipe
6. Giordano
7. Tomei
8. Body Shop
9. Toys R Us
10. City Chain
11. Guess Accessories
12. Felisa Cosmetics
13. Carlo Rino
14. Anakku
15. Roti Boy
16. Burger King
17. Reject Shop
18. Bata
19. Various Photo and handphone shops
20. Health Spa

Toys R Us?? Burger King?? Got market and demand there?? I bet the locals hardly even have the $$ to buy stuffs from these two outlets not to mention others. Not saying i look down on ppl there. Just that Kertih is just a small town. Even Melaka dont have Toys R Us....
achkeen10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #284
YeahWho

Likes (Received): 15

Why can't Burger King survive there? It is just another McD competitor. If it can't, then McD can't too. By the way, I like BK's fries better. I'm skeptical abt Toys R Us too. Even the outlets are not doing good and some are closing down in the US due to the fierce competition from Wal Mart.
YeahWho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #285
achkeen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahWho View Post
Why can't Burger King survive there? It is just another McD competitor. If it can't, then McD can't too. By the way, I like BK's fries better. I'm skeptical abt Toys R Us too. Even the outlets are not doing good and some are closing down in the US due to the fierce competition from Wal Mart.
I didnt say it cant survive. Just that whether there's market there n also demand. Even Penang dont have an outlet. Dont u think Penang have a bigger market n demand?? Besides BK sells more expensive than Mcd. Even Mcd in Tganu only a few outlet.

Toys R Us just really makes me curious. That mall layout is so small. Plus there's like almost 100% all international brand or 1st time opening an outlet in Tganu. TGV cud survive coz Tganu dont have a cineplex yet. Giant also....dominates Tganu market.

Maybe is because is owned by Suria KLCC...thats why all are international brands.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #286
triple-j

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
he he, i guess we never know if BK survive there or not unless BK actually open an outlet over there. Since BK will open one outlet in Mesra Mall, we'll see how lah. Opening a fast food chain is not as easy as it seems.

This supply and demand thingy plays important roles among other things. In Miri only one McD survived. I heard there were two outlets, only one in Bintang Mall survived.

Also, cannot say if BK can't survive, McD will too. Apparently, McD survive in Kerteh.

Plus I love McD fries better than any fast food chains in Malaysia.
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #287
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1936

At the Airport
by Namibean

image hosted on flickr

Istana Maziah (Sultan Palace)

image hosted on flickr

Masjid Sultan Zainal Abidin
by lotte aarts

image hosted on flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #288
nazrey

View from Bukit Puteri (Princess Hill)
by lotte aarts

image hosted on flickr
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #289
kiko

Likes (Received): 61

sometimes, market can only be seen once they open there. we c in city like kuching, starbuck and coffee bean hardly wanna open there bfore 2002 due to afraid of poor response. once they open, within 3 years, there are 6 starbucks and coffee bean outlet.
kiko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:33 AM   #290
achkeen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-j View Post
Plus I love McD fries better than any fast food chains in Malaysia.
Agree with u. Mcd fries the best among all fast food chains. KFC fries SUX. BK not that good.
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #291
daeng_jal

i love carl's junior fries!!! much metter then kfc,mcd or bk

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
Old October 9th, 2008, 04:53 AM   #292
Kuantanite

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by achkeen10 View Post
Toys R Us?? Burger King?? Got market and demand there?? I bet the locals hardly even have the $$ to buy stuffs from these two outlets not to mention others. Not saying i look down on ppl there. Just that Kertih is just a small town. Even Melaka dont have Toys R Us....
Kerteh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Kerteh (est. pop. (2000 census): 3,064)[1] is a small town in the district of Kemaman in southern Terengganu, Malaysia, about 30 km or 20 minutes' drive north of Chukai. Kerteh is the base of operations for Petronas in Terengganu, overseeing the oil platform operations off the state's coast as well as petrochemicals production and crude oil refining in nearby Paka. The Ma'Daerah turtle sanctuary is also nearby. Kerteh is served by the Kerteh Airport, a small airport catering mostly to helicopter flights to offshore oil platforms and charter plane flights for Petronas staff to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport near Kuala Lumpur.

References
1. ^ Dept. of Urban and Rural Planning, Terengganu State Government. Rancangan Struktur Negeri Terengganu 2005-2015 (Malay), 2005
Kuantanite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #293
triple-j

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by achkeen10 View Post
the concerns above are valid however what kiko said below is true too, sometimes calculating risks, planning, future market projection, etc, won't actually explain the actual scenario. Put an actual store and test the market.

Yes, it is in Kerteh, aside from locals (you guys assume mostly are poor), there are Petronas, ExxonMobil, local and international oil & gas services companies such as Schlumberger, Murphy Oil, Ranhil Worley Parsons etc and expats. Nearby areas benefit too such as Kemaman and Dungun (read.. local businessman and middle class)

I won't be surprise if there are few stores will operate for a year or two then close, but other store will replace.

If BK doesn't survive, maybe Secret Recipe, Bread Story, Ipoh Old Town or Chicken Rice shop can replace.

If Toys'R us goes with the same fate, some other electronics store, or gift shop can replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
sometimes, market can only be seen once they open there. we c in city like kuching, starbuck and coffee bean hardly wanna open there bfore 2002 due to afraid of poor response. once they open, within 3 years, there are 6 starbucks and coffee bean outlet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
i love carl's junior fries!!! much metter then kfc,mcd or bk
hmm.. haven't try them yet.... I will and comeback with my review ;P
Old October 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #294
James Foong

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-j View Post
Yes, it is in Kerteh, aside from locals (you guys assume mostly are poor), there are Petronas, ExxonMobil, local and international oil & gas services companies such as Schlumberger, Murphy Oil, Ranhil Worley Parsons etc and expats. Nearby areas benefit too such as Kemaman and Dungun (read.. local businessman and middle class)
Well said. Most of these O&G companies have been in 10-25yrs business in kerteh. Petronas has the complete demographic picture on the local market scene because they operate and deal with the oil&gas companies. Im pretty believe these international stores must have already got 10 good reasons by petronas to be lured into. Testing the market? Takes TGV, they wont spend million to show up and close months later. There r nearby college universities to cater besides the bored working class.
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #295
daeng_jal

so cemburulah that kerteh got this mall. owned by suria klcc lak tu. even malakan didnt have tgv or toys r us. maybe someone should called hasan merican to build a mall in malacca

Old October 10th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #296
brain_failure

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
so cemburulah that kerteh got this mall. owned by suria klcc lak tu. even malakan didnt have tgv or toys r us. maybe someone should called hasan merican to build a mall in malacca
i believe tgv wil open in jusco melaka. i'm stil waiting for domino's piza to open in melaka. OOps sori, tis is supposed to b t'ganu thread, shud go back to melaka thread now..sori again
brain_failure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #297
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #298
nazrey

Can see Felda Residence behind!
by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #299
nazrey

Pulau Duyong

Quote:
Luxury by the bay
TheStar

An exclusive club on Pulau Duyong in Terengganu recently opened its doors to the public.

By JOLEEN LUNJEW

Upon arriving at Kuala Terengganu airport, I was greeted by the Heritage Bay Club Marina & Resort representative and bundled into a coach.

Anticipating another long ride, I was pleasantly surprised that the journey only took 10 minutes.

Heritage Bay Club Marina & Resort is situated on Pulau Duyong, just 2km offshore from Kuala Terengganu and connected to the mainland by a bridge.

The resort was originally built to cater to participants and guests of the Monsoon Cup, a prestigious sailing event that is part of the World Match Racing Tour international sailing circuit which started in 2005. The management decided to open its doors to the public a few months ago and response has been encouraging.

There are 58 rooms and suites in three categories – Duplex (Cemara), Executive Suite (Teratak) and Deluxe Room (Serambi). I stayed in the Deluxe Room which comes with a single king bed or two double beds.

It is tastefully decorated and very spacious. There is also a balcony with two deck chairs that you can lounge in and listen to the music of your choice from the mini hi-fi unit.

A fruit basket with information on the local fruits for the benefit of foreign visitors was a nice welcome. Guests can also help themselves to the complimentary local tidbits and drinks in the mini bar.

The resort is equipped with wireless Internet access, so there are no worries about missing important e-mails.

The Duplex unit comes with a living room that has a DVD home theatre system and a fully equipped kitchen.

Hasliza Hamid, the public relations manager, said guests could request for the resident chef to come cook for them.

“We have had a few high-profile guests who wanted privacy. That is why we have introduced this facility. Our chef will go to their unit with all the necessary ingredients and cook their meals there for them.”

The swimming pool, a short walk from my chalet, is a nice place to relax and unwind. There’s a Jacuzzi that can accommodate eight adults at any one time. Board games are also available if you want to stay above water.

For some good chow, head to Ulek Mayang Restaurant which serves local as well as Western delicacies.

The Resort provides buggy service to the restaurant as the compound is fairly huge. I tried their Heritage Bay Club Lekor Fried Rice as well as the Monsoon Laksa, which was tasty. The Ice Kacang Lambaian Kasih was huge and could feed four!

You can choose to dine in their cosy restaurant decorated with sailing motifs or al fresco on the veranda. Sitting outside in the cool night breeze was excellent as I could watch the local fishermen going about their business at sea.

It’s lovely to walk at the resort’s marina as the docked yachts framed by the setting sun make a lovely picture.

Guests and even the public can experience being on a yacht that has been used in international competitions. The resort provides various sailing packages on their Monsoon Cup F36 yachts. No sailing experience is required.

The swimming pool and Ulek Mayang restaurant (below). —
JOLEEN LUNJEW and HERITAGE BAY CLUB MARINA & RESORT

David Mills, the marina manager, began our sailing lesson by introducing us to the equipment and the sailing terms.

The yacht takes a maximum 12 people including two crew members. It was interesting to experience rigging the sails, pulling in the rope, steering the yacht, and measuring the depth and speed of the vessel. Although the wind was not very strong that day, we had a lot of fun and even sailed out to the open sea for a while.

Guests can charter their own yacht for half a day or a full day. Most take the yacht to nearby Pulau Kapas, a beautiful island off the coast of Terengganu where they snorkel or just lie on the white sandy beaches. You can leave the navigating to the captain.

Heritage Bay Club Marina & Resort is a partner hotel with Orient Rewards, a membership programme that offers fabulous benefits including accommodation at hotels and resorts, dining, leisure, entertainment, golf courses, health, spa, beauty treatments and car rentals around Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Cambodia.

Orient Rewards frequently updates its affiliations and introduces discounts and irresistible packages that can be instantly enjoyed by both current and new members.

Their customer service assistants keep members updated via telephone, e-mail and post. The best part of all: members can opt to stay during low, peak of super peak periods in any hotel or resort (subject to room availability).

Orient Rewards members also get to enjoy one complimentary stay at Heritage Bay Club Marina & Resort and 50% off while dining at Ulek Mayang Restaurant.

The membership is renewable yearly.

Call (03) 2032 3000 for enquiries or visit www.orientrewards.net

Last edited by nazrey; October 11th, 2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #300
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 927

RM100m shopping mall for Kerteh

Mesra Mall ready to serve Kerteh residents

KERTEH: Mesra Mall, the first modern mall in the state, opened its doors yesterday, signifying a stronger purchasing power among residents here.

The RM100 million mall, which covers 12 hectares, features 40 shops, a 32-lane bowling alley, four futsal and squash courts and a multipurpose hall which can accommodate 800 people.

The single-storey mall, located in Kerteh, has three cineplexes which are scheduled to open by year-end and would be the first in the state.

State Rural Development, Entrepreneurs and Cooperative chairman Datuk Mohamed Awang Tera said the construction of the mall, to be managed by Suria KLCC Sdn Bhd, came following the success of the oil and gas industry established in the district.

The mall, which is part of a masterplan to turn the area into a petrol-chemical hub, will also provide 600 jobs.

"People here now have the purchasing power for high-end items.

"If we are slow in building a mall to capture the spending power, they might move out of the area to spend," he said after opening the mall yesterday.

"I believe it will create a new dimension in the way of life here, as well as act as an eye opener for a better lifestyle. It will be able to retain the expenditure of people here.

"Now locals won't need to go to Kuala Terengganu or Kuantan as this mall is an alternative, especially for the oil and gas community."

Mohamed said the small medium enterprises need not feel threatened as the mall had also allocated space for SME, especially for push cart entrepreneurs.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote