daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM   #121
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2109

i-Berhad expects RM2b township to drive profit
By Adeline Paul Raj Published: 2008/10/24

I-BERHAD, a home appliances maker turned property developer, expects to see double-digit growth in its net profit this year.

Director Eu Hong Chew said this would be driven by its RM2 billion integrated commercial township in Shah Alam, known as i-City.

Last year, the company made a net profit of RM1.9 million.

"The main (profit) drivers will be the investment by Al Rajhi Bank as well as our tenancies," he told reporters after a media preview of i-City yesterday.

A few months ago, Saudi Arabia's Al Rajhi Bank, the world's largest Islamic banking group, paid RM95 million to buy some commercial space in the first phase of the township's development.

i-City, which spans 72 acres and has MSC Cybercentre status, has so far managed to attract 12 companies, including two multinationals, to take up tenancy since obtaining its certificate of fitness six weeks ago.

Another eight companies are expected to move in before the end of the year, said Eu.

These 20 companies would take up about 30 per cent to 40 per cent of the township's office space.

Eu said 100 per cent office tenancy would be possible by the middle of next year as there has been strong demand for space.

He pointed out that developments like i-City stand apart from others in that it is an information, communications and technology (ICT)-based township.

"These are the kind of services office users are looking for, and they are market-driven," he said.

He added that i-City, envisioned to be a digital city, is on track to be fully completed by 2015 as planned, with a shopping mall, an innovation centre, corporate office towers, serviced apartments and hotels.

Eu said the company does not expect to defer any launches and that its fiscal performance is unlikely to be affected by any economic slowdown next year.

I-Berhad is also keen to do joint venture developments with other landowners outside of the Klang Valley.

"We have been approached by two or three developers to see if we can bring the i-City concept to their developments," Eu said, adding that such plans are still at a preliminary stage.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 25th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #122
nazrey

i-City makes its debut
Saturday October 25, 2008
By JAYAGANDI JAYARAJ

Spanking new: A row of office buildings
at the phase 1A of the i-City.

THERE is a new landmark in the city that boasts a well-connected and fast, cosmopolitan lifestyle.

Located in Section 7, Shah Alam, along the Federal Highway, the i-City is a RM2bil integrated commercial development on 29 hectares of freehold land by I-Berhad.

Designed by award-winning architect Jon A. Jerde, it is a fully integrated township with amenities ranging from a shopping mall, corporate towers and corporate offices, office suites, shop offices, office and retail suites, hotels, service apartments and a data and innovation centre.

Currently, phase 1A of the ICT-based commercial township comprising 44 units of cyber office suites has been completed. The entire project is expected to take five years to complete.

The development was envisioned to be a Digital City.

It has obtained certification as a MSC Cyber Centre from the Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, making its status similar to that of Cyberjaya, KL Sentral and the KL City Centre.

The area is connected with a giga-speed fibre-optics network that allows complete connectivity and mobility, resulting in a true plug-and-play environment with a network capacity up to 10gbps.

i-City chief innovative officer Ricky Lim said the development was a well-rounded structure that offered everything for the people who workedthere.

Artist impression: A model of what the i-City
will look like once it is fully completed.

“We have offices, malls and residences with super broad band connectivity,” said Lim.

“The i-City is specially built for all knowledge-based businesses dealing with a lot of content and data.

“We just make the township very convenient and accessible by looking at every possible needs of the tenants, thus saving on travelling time, cost and more,” he said at the launch of the Concierge services at the townshipon Thursday.

The services and the network set-up is an agreement between I-Berhad and Australia’s ServCorp and their key services are reception greeting, call management, facilities management, customer service and support.

i-City Concierge is also equipped with meeting rooms and event halls to cater to the needs of the tenants and they are equipped with wireless broadband connection and state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities.

“The Concierge services concept offered in i-City is first of its kind in Asia, further stamping i-City as the premier technology city in this region,” he added.
Old October 25th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #123
nazrey

Wind of fortune blowing for I-Bhd
by Chong Jin Hun, 24 Oct 2008 4:00 PM

Lim (centre) and Hamad Kama Piah (right) look at a model of the i-City
development project as Serv-Corp Ltd Australia CEO Marcus Moufarriage
looks on

SHAH ALAM: The wind of fortune is blowing for I-Bhd as the company charts a new course in real estate and information and communication technology (ICT). Returns from its maiden property development in Shah Alam are expected to boost net profit by at least 10% in the current financial year ending Dec 31, 2008 (FY08).

I-Bhd, formerly known as Sanyo Industries (M) Sdn Bhd, began as an electrical home appliances manufacturer. Stiff competition from low-cost producers in China had prompted the company to think outside the box, which eventually led to I-Bhd's exit from the business.

In the second half of 2005, I-Bhd unveiled its intention to undertake its maiden property project - the RM2 billion i-City. The integrated commercial development sits on 28.8ha (72 acres) of freehold land in Shah Alam's Section 7.

"The journey we started three years ago is bearing fruit. We have nowhere to go but up," I-Bhd director Eu Hong Chew told reporters during a media visit to i-City's development site yesterday.

"We expect double-digit growth in net profit in 2008," Eu added.

I-Bhd's earnings declined in FY08's second quarter ended June. Net profit fell 4.4 % to RM525,000 from RM549,000 a year earlier while revenue was down 36% to RM475,000 from RM742,000. Going forward, property development will be the company's major revenue source.

i-City, a privately-funded five-year initiative, is due for completion by 2011. The future digital city includes a shopping mall, offices and hotels, besides apartments. So far, 44 cyber office suites have been completed and sold.

i-City was certified as an MSC Cybercentre by the government in May this year, placing the project on a par with Cyberjaya, KL Sentral and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

The corporate makeover of I-Bhd has received the thumbs-up from a major shareholder. Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) president and group chief executive officer Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said PNB was convinced of I-Bhd's new business model which combined the expertise of real estate development and ICT, hence differenting the firm from other property players in the country.

PNB is the second-largest shareholder with 17.15% in I-Bhd, after Sumurwang Sdn Bhd which holds 54.45%. "Good things will happen here (I-Bhd)," Hamad Kama Piah said during the visit to i-City yesterday.

He was non-committal when asked whether the state-owned fund manager planned to raise its stake in the property developer. "I have to get my advisers' (opinion). Our people will look at it," said the captain of PNB which manages some RM120 billion as of June this year.

Other property firms under PNB's stable include Island & Peninsular Bhd and Petaling Garden Bhd. PNB had taken both firms private in 2007.

I-Bhd fits strategically into PNB's portfolio as the developer could extend its ICT expertise to other real estate firms held by the fund manager.
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #124
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1036

Plans to make Shah Alam international Islamic banking hub
By LAW KAI CHOW

SHAH ALAM: The Selangor government plans to turn Shah Alam into an international Islamic banking and financial centre, in the wake of slower growth in the state’s manufacturing sector.

Mentri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim said greater competition from lower labour cost countries had caused the state to make the services sector its leading engine of growth, with focus on information and communications technology (ICT), tourism and Islamic finance.

“We want Middle East investors seeking investment opportunity in Asia to consider Malaysia as the Islamic financial hub because we can fulfil their requirements in terms of technology and expertise in syariah-compliant banking infrastructure, accounting and legal framework.

“We will embark on the setting up of an Islamic banking and financial centre by the second half of next year if the world market volatility has subsided (by then),” he said after the launching of i-City International Park Shah Alam yesterday.

I-Bhd chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong (left), Menteri Besar Selangor Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim (centre) and Multimedia Development Corp Sdn Bhd (MDeC) chairman Tan Sri Abdul Halim Ali (right) at the launch of the i-City International Park in Shah Alam on Monday. - Starpic by Raymond Ooi

A RM2bil project by I-Bhd, i-City sits on 72-acre freehold land in Shah Alam with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities such as super broadband with 20mbps speed, dual source of power supply and high performance integrated data centres. It has been endorsed as a MSC Malaysia Cybercentre, tourist destination and now an International Park.

The first phase of i-City, involving 44 office units, has been completed and sold with 50% bought by Al Rajhi, a Saudi Arabian banking group.

i-City has also attracted tenants from Britain and Singapore.

Local Government, Research and Studies Committee chairman Ronnie Liu said to qualify for International Park status, the development had to be of international class, in terms of buildings and ICT systems.

Meanwhile, Khalid announced that I-Bhd had committed a RM10mil fund for the next three years to work with the Selangor tourism unit to establish i-City and Shah Alam as “the focal point for ICT-related tourism destination.”

Tourism, Consumer Affairs and Environment Committee chairman Elizabeth Wong said the additional fund created a win-win situation because I-Bhd would be able to showcase its technology while the state government could attract investment and tourist into Selangor.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #125
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

i-City diiktiraf sebagai Taman Antarabangsa

LIM Kim Hong (kanan) dan Eu Hong Chew melihat pembangunan i-City menerusi model projek tersebut di Shah Alam, semalam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHAH ALAM 27 Okt. - i-City, pembangunan komersial yang berasaskan teknologi maklumat dan komunikasi (ICT) di Seksyen 7, Shah Alam hari ini diiktiraf sebagai Taman Antarabangsa oleh kerajaan negeri Selangor.

Pengiktirafan tersebut merupakan yang kedua diterima selepas diiktiraf sebagai Pusat Siber MSC Malaysia oleh Kementerian Sains, Teknologi dan Inovasi pada Mac lalu.

Pengerusi I-Berhad, Datuk Lim Kim Hong berkata, pengiktirafan yang diberikan amat bermakna padanya dan juga kepada syarikat itu.

''Pada tahun 1993, saya telah diminta (bekas Perdana Menteri) Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad untuk membuat satu projek yang boleh memberi manfaat kepada negeri Selangor tetapi saya tidak pernah terbayang projek tersebut akan menerima penghargaan sebegini,'' katanya pada majlis pelancaran Concierge I-City di sini hari ini.

Hadir pada majlis Pengarah I-Berhad, Eu Hong Chew.

Perkhidmatan Concierge di i-City merupakan perkhidmatan yang terbahagi kepada dua peringkat iaitu sumber manusia yang disediakan oleh ServCorp Ltd. (ServCorp) dari Australia dan teknologi inovatif yang disediakan oleh i-Office2 Sdn. Bhd. (i-Office2).

Perkhidmatan Concierge tersebut menyediakan kemudahan infrastruktur (IT) termasuk penyambut tetamu, pengurusan panggilan, pengurusan kemudahan, perkhidmatan pelanggan dan sokongan.

i-City merupakan projek pembangunan I-Berhad yang berintegrasi komersial bernilai RM2 biliondan ia dibangunkan di atas tanah seluas 28.8 hektar berdekatan dengan Lebuh Raya Persekutuan yang terletak di kawasan Seksyen 8, Shah Alam, Selangor.

Fasa pertama projek ini, merangkumi enam blok berkembar pejabat berkeluasan 260,000 kaki persegi yang dilengkapi dengan kabel optik fiber berkuasa tinggi dan sistem jaringan Cisco yang terkini, kemudahan (CCTV), sumber bekalan tenaga utama dan tambahan sehingga 100 peratus serta kawalan keselamatan yang rapi.

Fasa kedua pembinaan melibatkan pembangunan pusat data peringkat keempat akan bermula pada Disember ini dan dijangka siap pada tahun hadapan manakala pembangunan pusat beli belah akan siap menjelang tahun 2011, katanya.
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #126
nazrey

I-City A Magnet For Investors To Selangor - Khalid
October 27, 2008 18:34 PM

SHAH ALAM, Oct 27 (Bernama) -- The I-City project in Section 7 here, will give Selangor a competitive edge in attracting investments, particularly in the highly-competitive service sector, said Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim.

The real-estate project, developed by I-Bhd, is equipped with a fibre optic network connecting the entire 28.8ha development.

Apart from data storage, the project also has other facilities including hotel, shopping centre, apartments, office space, shops and parks as well as 20 megabit per second broadband connection.

Abdul Khalid said the I-City, a MSC status company, was offering incentives to investors including tax reliefs from the federal government as well as other incentives offered by the state government.

The state government would also support I-City's expansion from an ICT park to an ICT zone in the future, he added.

The I-City would also give opportunities to technopreneurs to expand their business through the incubator facility here, he said at the launcing of the project, which is now known as the "I-City International Park Shah Alam".

Abdul Khalid he would also discuss with I-Bhd and other parties to make Shah Alam the country's Islamic finance and banking hub.

"This is to provide ample investment options to international companies," he said, adding that I-Bhd could play a role in providing the technology.

He said Selangor was positioning itself as an investment destination for investors from the East Asian region which had been looking for alternative amid ongoing slowdown in Europe and the United States.

"They also see Asia and Asean as a new growth centre," he said, adding that the plan to set up hub would be pursued during the second half of 2009.

The first phase of I-City, involving 44 office units had been completed and sold out with 50 per cent of them were bought by Al Rahji, a Saudi Arabian banking group.

I-City has also attracted tenants from the United Kingdom as well as Singapore.

-- BERNAMA
Old October 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #127
nazrey

Selangor to be Islamic financial hub
28-10-2008: by Yantoultra Ngui Yichen

I-Bhd chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong (left) with Khalid (centre) and Multimedia
Development Corporation (MDC) chairman Tan Sri Abdul Halim Ali after the
endorsing of i-City as an international park yesterday.

SHAH ALAM: The Selangor government plans to make the state an international Islamic financial hub on the back of its readily available information and communication technology (ICT) and syariah-compliant infrastructure to tackle the current slowing global economy, said Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim.

“I plan to discuss with I-Bhd and other parties here in Shah Alam with regard to the idea of turning this area into the centre of Islamic banking and financial hub,” he told reporters after endorsing i-City as an international park here yesterday.

i-City, which is a privately funded five-year integrated commercial development with a total value of RM2 billion, is currently Malaysia’s first commercial property to have a full range of fibre optics network with a capacity up to 10 gigabits per second.

The 72-acre (29-hectare) freehold development project is currently undertaken by Main Board-listed I-Bhd and partners like the Australian based ServCorp Ltd, Office Squared Pty Ltd and US-based Cisco System Inc.

With the international park endorsement, i-City is entitled to offer cosmopolitan lifestyle components for leisure and entertainment to cater to both the local and international communities here.

Asked on how the state government planned to make Selangor into an Islamic financial hub, Khalid said: “I-Bhd will provide the technology centre. As you know when you do international banking, you will require high-speed transactions and the infrastructure of teleconferencing and all that will be here.

“While we will also offer all the facilities that are needed to provide the fund managers, the investment mangers and venture capitalists to sit down and discuss whatever undertakings they want to do.”

Commenting on the rationale behind the plan, Khalid said: “For one, the Middle Eastern investors are currently looking for alternative investment opportunities. They have a slightly horrifying experience in Europe and America.

“Now they will look at where the centre of growth will be, which is in the Asean region or the Asia region. At the same time, Malaysia had excelled itself in the development of syariah laws and syariah infrastructures, including the accounting and legal framework for this Islamic banking.”

Khalid said the state government aimed to embark on the proposal to turn Selangor into an Islamic financial hub by the second half of next year, based on the assumption that the current volatile global economy had already subsided by then.

He said the proposal was also part of the state government’s plan to reduce its dependency on the manufacturing sector and to attract foreign direct investment (FDI) as the country moved gradually into a knowledge-based economy.

Saudi Arabia-based Al Rajhi Bank, which is the world’s largest Islamic bank, had on July 28, 2008 agreed to acquire 36 units of i-City Cybercentre 1 Office Suites for RM95 million, marking the bank’s first property venture in Malaysia.

Another upcoming Islamic financial hub is Iskandar Malaysia, which is located in Johor. The development has also attracted foreign investors like Kuwait Finance House.
Old October 29th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #128
OshHisham
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
Plans to make Shah Alam international Islamic banking hub
????

how many 'hub' we already have anyway?
OshHisham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #129
Khaw

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshkoshbgood View Post
????

how many 'hub' we already have anyway?
Does that make us "jack of all trades, master of none"???
Khaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #130
patchay

Likes (Received): 1150

The more Hub the merrier... the hub in Labuan has to compete with the hub in KL and now both have to compete with the hub in Selangor. Next you know there is also a hub in Iskandar Johor. We compete among ourselves rather than with other countries. The funny thing everywhere is "hub" (just like everywhere is "MSC" these days).

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 05:15 AM   #131
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Digital and leisure hub for ICT workers

Email us your feedback at fd@bizedge.com

I-Bhd, the developer of i-City in Shah Alam, certainly has something to shout about, now that the Selangor government has designated the 72-acre state-of-the-art ICT-based development the i-City International Park.
After achieving that status, the developer can now move full speed ahead to create what it envisions to be an international knowledge-based community within a cosmopolitan lifestyle environment.
As an international park, i-City would be an exclusive area in Shah Alam where entertainment and lifestyle outlets - such as cinemas and theatres, bowling alleys, family theme parks, as well as food and beverage lifestyle joints can operate while events such as fun fairs, fashion shows, music and film events can be held.
For those of you who may not be aware, there are no cinemas in Shah Alam, definitely no pubs and none of the usual nightlife you would expect, say, in the Kuala Lumpur city centre. This is because the state has certain restrictions on "entertainment". However, the Sultan of Selangor himself has endorsed the international park status for i-City, which will be launched by the Selangor Menteri Besar on Oct 27.
Located on prime freehold land in Section 7 along Federal Highway Route II, between Universiti Teknologi Mara's main campus and the Bukit Rajah Industrial Park, the commercial development - inspired by renowned architect Jon Jerde - is scheduled for completion in 2015. Developed on a build-then-sell concept, i-City will feature a smart shopping mall, office suites, corporate office towers, serviced apartments, an innovation centre and hotels.
The recent move by the state may also see a boost in real estate values in Shah Alam.
i-City is being developed as a joint venture (JV) between I-Bhd and land owner Sumurwang Sdn Bhd. In the JV signed in 2006, the Cybercentre Office Suites, the mall and the Innovation Centre, were valued at RM60 per sq ft (psf).
In July this year, the recently completed Cybercentre Office Suites 1 units were sold to Al Rajhi Bank at around RM460 psf. That was after the development received MSC (Multimedia Super Corridor) Cybercentre certification. Now, with the international park status, one would expect another hike in values.
"This is definitely a positive development and a boon for the property market in Shah Alam," says property consultant KGV-Lambert Smith Hampton Sdn Bhd director Anthony Chua.
"Right now, Shah Alam's city centre is made up of offices, government buildings and a few shopping centres, the operation hours of which are limited. There are hardly any shophouses, which limits the kind of commercial activities here. So, business activities are restricted," he says.
He adds that the zoning certainly bodes well for i-City in terms of growth potential in the long run although one may not see a steep rise in prices overnight considering the current economic climate.
"It is a freehold development situated right beside the Federal Highway, so it has visibility. The masterplan is based on an international architect's design and with this exclusive zone, things seem to look good for i-City," Chua adds.
Another consultant, Elvin Fernandez of Khong & Jaafar Sdn Bhd, however is not bullish about the spillover effects in the surrounding areas.
"It will definitely benefit i-City as it will be the only place in Shah Alam which allows for specific entertainment not allowed elsewhere in the city. But we have to wait and see before we can say whether it will be as beneficial to the surrounding areas. It depends on circumstances and other factors may come into play," he says. C H Williams Talhar & Wong Sdn Bhd's Goh Tian Sui offers that the impact on real estate values in the vicinity would depend on the demand for the entertainment and leisure facilities offered in i-City. "We have to look at the profile of the population in this area. Right now there is the student population from Universiti Teknologi Mara and factory workers from the light industrial area nearby."
Sumurwang holds a 60% stake in I-Bhd while Permodalan Nasional Bhd holds 20%. Sumurwang was known for introducing the Dreamland brand of mattresses in the 1970s under Dreamland Holdings Bhd, which was listed on the Main Board in 1987. Dreamland Holdings diversified into the stainless steel industry in 1991, and was renamed Kanzen Bhd. After divesting its interest in Kanzen Bhd, Sumurwang acquired a controlling interest in Sanyo Industries Malaysia Bhd, which was renamed I-Bhd, which became known for its "i" brand of digital products. In 2006, I-Bhd entered the commercial property sector with i-City.
In a recent meeting with City & Country, I-Bhd chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong, who controls Sumurwang, and I-Bhd CEO Datin Tey Siew Thuan were content to allow their sons - deputy CEO Lim Boon Siong and chief innovation officer Ricky Lim - and I-Bhd director Eu Hong Chew give an update on the RM2 billion project and its recent achievements.
"This is quite a relief," says Eu of the international park status. "Our intention from the very beginning was to create a new investment location for global IT companies in Shah Alam within an international lifestyle environment. We wanted it to be an international destination."
Besides, i-City has been endorsed as a tourism destination.
Creating the international lifestyle component for the international community was a "big challenge", says Eu, considering the so-called restrictions on entertainment and lifestyle outlets in Shah Alam. I-Bhd then decided to send a proposal to the Selangor Economic Planning Unit suggesting that entertainment and lifestyle facilities and outlets, except gaming outlets, be allowed within a contained environment, a special zone known as the i-City International Park.
"We convinced the state that besides the world-class ICT infrastructure, we must also provide facilities including entertainment and lifestyle facilities for the international knowledge workers here," explains Eu.
"We went on the basis that i-City is one large complex targeted at the international community. i-City is expected to house 3,000 to 4,000 offices managed as one giant horizontal complex as opposed to a high-rise vertical one," he adds.
So far, I-City, which attained MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status in May, has attracted 12 MSC-status companies, with another eight on the way. Among the confirmed tenants are Logica, which began operations there in August, Orisoft Technology, Unified Communication and Redhot Media. The non-MSC companies are Ambank, which is planning wireless phone banking and ATMs at its new branch there, and Kompakar Inc.
"The international park status would complement the world-class ICT infrastructure in i-City. It would be both a digital and leisure hub for the knowledge workers here," Eu says.
i-City has recorded a number of significant milestones this year. It received MSC Cybercentre status earlier this year, which would allow MSC-status companies operating there to benefit from incentives under the MSC Bill of Guarantees.
In July, Saudi Arabia's Al Rajhi Bank agreed to purchase 36 units of office suites from its Cybercentre 1 Office Suites for RM95 million. This is the bank's first such real estate investment in the country. The purchase accounted for 80% of the 44 units of 3 to 5-storey office suites that were completed in the first phase of i-City. The developer will retain the remaining units for recurring income. Rent for these units starts from RM2 psf.
Also in July, I-Bhd signed an agreement with Kompakar to provide world-class data centres, including tier-4 ready data centres for global ICT companies. By using this facility, tenants can free up space in their offices which would otherwise be used to store servers.
California-based architect Jon A Jerde, well known for the iconic 4.2 million sq ft Mall of America in Minnesota, is responsible for the overall masterplan, with the aim of cultivating a living environment where the international community can thrive.
"We did not want a concrete jungle so we have a lake, a 40-odd-acre park out of the 72-acre project. This is a very low-density commercial development with an actual built-up of 7.5 million sq ft," Eu says, adding that based on the Jerde-inspired masterplan, the mall is the heart of the town centre. Pedestrian walkways will be a prominent feature as well in this community-focused development.
The smart shopping mall comprises three retail floors and two basement car park floors. Offering one million sq ft in net lettable space, it is to be completed in 2012.
Negotiations on a JV between I-Bhd and one of the largest shopping mall operators in the region to develop and manage the mall is ongoing and should be finalised before the end of the year, says Eu. Talk in the market is that CapitaLand, which has submitted its application to list a RM2 billion real estate investment trust (REIT) on Bursa Malaysia, may be eyeing the mall to be injected into the REIT. Sungai Wang Plaza in Kuala Lumpur (CapitaLand acquired 62% of Sungai Wang Plaza's retail area for RM595 million in June), Gurney Plaza in Penang and Mines Shopping Fair in Seri Kembangan, Selangor, will be part of the REIT.
Besides the mall and its 2,000 parking bays, the developer will retain the 1,000 Cybercentre Office Suites parking bays as long-term investment.
As the development is a certified MSC Malaysia Cybercentre, it will offer 100% back-up power supply, multi-telecoms and high speed broadband connections, a fibre-optic network linking all buildings and Internet protocol-based network services and applications.
"We are building a community where the main element is connectivity. Everyone and every building is connected. We will be on a super highway to offer super broadband plus back-up broadband," offers deputy CEO Boon Siong.
i-City promises 24-hour connectivity, both wired and wireless.
"Singapore has been talking about getting the whole island wireless with a speed of 40Mbps in two years. We will beat them to it. Very few countries in the world have this available on a mass scale," says Boon Siong. In fact, i-City will start offering free wireless broadband of up to 20Mbps with automatic back-up from Oct 27 for an indefinite period.
Apart from an internationally renowned architect, I-Bhd realises that in order to ensure the success of the smart city, it would need to form long-term strategic alliances by choosing global specialists as its partners.
Among its partners is network giant Cisco, whose connected real estate solution will create a network that allows total connectivity and mobility.
"We can say that we have put in a network that is the best money can buy, allowing for a plug and play environment, and a host of other services. We are also Cisco's leading reference for the Cisco Connected Real Estate project from ground up in the world," says Ricky, elaborating on the benefits of being a tenant in i-City.
In layman's terms, i-City is what one would expect when one speaks about being connected in the IT world, says chief innovation officer Ricky.
For instance, wherever you are in i-City, you can plug into your office network. And no matter where you are in the city, you can be contacted. With PCs plugged into the network, you will be able to view CCTV images of whichever location you choose to view. Multi-telecoms carriers will offer high speed uninterrupted broadband, and in the event of a disruption, the back-up broadband will kick in automatically, with the back-up power supply.
The centralised IP-PABX system, computer network system and data centre will help tenants save on capital costs on switches, routers, servers and networking software, says Ricky.
In partnership with Australia-based ServCorp Ltd, one of the world's leading providers of managed and facilities management, administrative services for tenants can be centralised or shared. At i-City, shared services such as receptionist, secretarial and translation are available at The Concierge, which is managed by ServCorp. You can also outsource your administrative, secretarial and receptionist work to The Concierge, which acts as a one-stop centre for tenants in i-City, attending to problems and enquiries.
"We chose an international company to meet the needs of international tenants," says Boon Siong.
"At the speed technology is improving, we need a strong platform and infrastructure which can adapt to fast-evolving technology, hence our strategic partners."
According to Boon Siong, strong and reliable business partners are also crucial in the long term as I-Bhd is keen to replicate this model beyond Shah Alam.
"Other states have come to us to ask us to bring i-City over but we want to prove our concept first. It will take two years at least before we go beyond. When we go, we can go with a premium. This means we need key partners who can take the lead and ensure we are constantly up to date," he says.
I-Bhd is currently seeking partners on green building technology - its next focus for i-City, especially for the mall which may eventually seek Singapore's Building and Construction Authority's Green Mark Award certification.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #132
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Berhad tawar khidmat Concierge

SHAH ALAM 2 Nov. - I-Berhad syarikat pemaju hartanah berteraskan teknologi menyediakan perkhidmatan Concierge di projek pembangunan hartanahnya i-City di Shah Alam.

Concierge adalah perkhidmatan yang terbahagi kepada dua iaitu perkhidmatan sumber manusia yang disediakan oleh ServCorp Ltd. (ServCorp) dan teknologi inovatif yang disediakan oleh i-Office2 Sdn. Bhd. (i-Office2).

Ketua Pegawai Maklumat ServCorp, Marcus Moufarrige berkata, perkhidmatan tersebut merupakan yang pertama seumpamanya di Asia dan menjadikan i-City bandar teknologi terbaik di rantau ini.

''Perkhidmatan Concierge di i-City kini telah siap sepenuhnya dan boleh digunakan.

''Bagi perkhidmatan sumber manusia ServCorp menggunakan sepenuhnya pengalaman dan kepakaran selama 30 tahun untuk menyediakan perkhidmatan Concierge bertaraf dunia kepada penghuni i-City,'' katanya ketika ditemui pada taklimat media mengenai perkhidmatan Concierge di sini baru-baru ini.

Tambahnya, antara perkhidmatan utama yang ditawarkan sumber manusia adalah penyambut tetamu, pengurusan panggilan telefon, pengurusan kemudahan pejabat, khidmat pelanggan dan bantuan sokongan.

Sementara itu, teknologi inovatif yang disediakan Concierge dilengkapi dengan rangkaian integrasi yang mempromosi campuran bekerja, bermain dan tinggal di kawasan yang sama.

''i-City juga menyediakan beberapa perkhidmatan utama seperti jalur lebar terbaik yang boleh diakses di seluruh kawasan i-City seluas 28.8 hektar dan memberikan pengalaman penuh bermakna kepada pengunjung dan penghuninya.

''Mereka boleh merasai kepantasan jalur lebar 20Mbps yang dapat mempercepatkan penggunaan Internet seperti mengakses e-mel, melayari Internet, komunikasi suara, video dan akses VPN yang lebih mudah dan pantas,'' jelasnya.

Selain itu, Concierge juga dilengkapi dengan bilik mesyuarat dan dewan acara yang dilengkapi dengan hubungan jalur lebar tanpa wayar dan kemudahan visual audio terkini untuk kegunaan penghuni i-City.

''Antara kelebihan Concierge kepada syarikat-syarikat di i-City adalah mereka dapat menikmati satu pusat pengurusan perniagaan, akses luas kepada kemudahan teknologi terkini yang komprehensif serta perkhidmatan bersifat peribadi,'' katanya.
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #133
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Bhd believes in continuous development

LIM Boon Siong, 35, the elder of two sons of I-Bhd executive chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong and its chief executive officer Datin Tey Siew Thuan has the entrepreneurial sprit of his parents and is a strong believer of continuous professional development.

Lim, who hails from Muar, Johor, graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration (honours) from the Ivey Business School of the University of Western Ontario, Canada in 1994. He then obtained a Chartered Marketer Diploma and graduated from the Excellerate Business School for Entrepreneurs in Kuala Lumpur in 2000. He and his brother Ricky who is I-Bhd’s chief information officer, would attend international conferences to improve their knowledge and skills.

One of his earliest achievements in school was scoring eight distinctions in the SPM in 1989.

In recognition of his many achievements, he was the recipient of the Johnnie Walker “Walks of Inspiration” Award and Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Malaysia.

Lim Boon Siong posing with a model of the RM2bil I-City ICT-based commercial development in Shah Alam

During his varsity days, Lim was actively involved in many extra-curricular activities including being a Malaysia-Indonesia-Singapore Students’ Association committee member. He helped to organise the largest annual dinner for the association that promoted the three Asean countries to the Canadian community.

Lim started his career in the corporate finance department of Amanah Merchant Bank (now known as Alliance Investment Bank) in Kuala Lumpur. He then left to become a senior manager with a leading investment company.

Frustrated with wearing thick glasses and contact lenses, he underwent LASIK vision correction procedure in Melbourne in 1998. Amazed by this simple 10-minute operation, he became passionate about bringing LASIK to Malaysia.

He started making his dream a reality by first sending patients to Australia for treatment and later founded VISTA Vision Specialist (VISTA), a LASIK centre in Malaysia in 1999.

Under his stewardship, VISTA has grown to become a major eye care player specialising in vision correction and cataract multifocal surgery. “The major similarity between VISTA and I-Bhd is our continuous focus on customer needs, listening to them and satisfying their needs in an awesome manner ,” said Lim, who is the incoming president of Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) for 2009/2010.

EO is a dynamic, global network of more than 6,600 business owners in 38 countries. Founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs, it is the catalyst that enables entrepreneurs to learn and grow from each other, leading to greater business success and also to enriched personal lives.

“Our parents were wise to ensure that we had a proper education until university level. Perhaps this explains why my younger brother and I have more approaches in handling things. Our education also allows us to utilise modern management styles like Blue Ocean Strategy, team handling and alignment, and strategic planning which complement the traditional approach,” he added.

Although not a technical person, he admits being a heavy user of IT products and gadgets (he owns a Macbook Air, iphone, and subscribes to 3G broadband on the move). “IT is the way to go and has proven to increase productivity and enhanced communication and alignment. I use skype video communication with my family while I am overseas. I can see and talk to my daughter and wife,” he added.
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:04 AM   #134
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

[size='5"]i-City comparable to global intelligent cities[/size]

Not many people know that I-Bhd’s proposed RM2bil i-City in Shah Alam is managed by the group’s deputy CEO Lim Boon Siong and a professional team. StarBiz talks to Lim who describes himself as a “die hard entrepreneur”

WHILE many property developers are lying low and cutting back on launches in the face of a property market slowdown, I-Bhd is still making news for its most important and sole project, i-City intelligent city.

The former electrical appliance-maker turned information and communication technology (ICT)-based property developer has in less than two years forged strategic alliances with a slew of high-profile international and local partners.

They included ServCorp, CISCO, DataCraft, Intel, Telekom Malaysia, Kompakar, Universiti Industri Selangor, and lately AmBank, to provide this “No. 1 Technology City in Asia” state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities from giga-speed fibre-optic network to smart banking services including full e-banking facilities.

“We are very pleased that i-City’s development is gaining momentum and becoming a global intelligent city comparable to other intelligent cities such as Dubai Internet City and Hong Kong Cyberport.

“The first phase of the development, comprising 300,000 sq ft of Cybercentre office suites has been completed in June this year and is ready for occupation,” said I-Bhd deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong, adding that many tenants had moved in and renovating their offices.

Lim Boon Siong posing with a model of the RM2bil I-City ICT-based commercial development in Shah Alam

Among key tenants are Logica and Redhot Media from the Britain and Unified Communication from Singapore. Kompakar, a leading data centre operator listed in Bursa Malaysia will occupy the 50,000 sq ft Tier-4 Ready data centre by first quarter of 2009.

“Future phases would transform i-City into a fully integrated township, comprising a shopping mall, corporate towers and offices, Cybercentre office suites, innovation centre, hotels and serviced apartments. It will also house multiple high-performance data centres and a digital media hub,” he added.

I-Bhd’s team has worked tirelessly the past three year and gradually seeing their labour bearing fruit.

On Oct 27, i-City was accorded “International Park” status by the Selangor state government, a boost to its image as the choice base for global technology firms.

The Government certified the privately funded project as an MSC Malaysia Cybercentre last May.

Lim said with the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre and International Park status, i-City’s vision to be the world’s foremost global intelligent city has been realised and would draw MSC Malaysia tenants and multinational companies (MNC) to invest in Selangor and Malaysia.

“To-date I-Bhd has invested over RM120mil. Our one-stop Concierge managed by ServCorp has been operational since October.

“Rental of meeting rooms and events hall with super-broadband of 20Mbps is also available. Tenants and visitors now have access to wireless internet with speeds of up to 20Mbps until March 31, 2009 for free,” he said.

Lim said phase 1 of CISCO Connected Real Estate (one of the world’s largest connected real estate) had been put in action such as CCTV to the personal computers and IP telephony which incorporates state-of-the-art teleconferencing system.

“This integrated commercial development is planned for both work and play. Tenants can expect to reduce their operation cost by as much as 30% and they could work, learn and socialise in a safe and secure environment served by remote surveillance, smart car parking, information kiosks, sensory-activated light and sound multimedia displays along a 1,000-foot pedestrian walkway,” he said.

Lim said the project was on track with the next phase of Cybercentre office suites to be ready by Q3 next year.

“What is exciting is that we have received increasing enquiries on purpose-built office buildings from MNCs to consolidate their office space and shared services from this region,” Lim said.

When asked to confirm rumours that I-Bhd is negotiating with a foreign party to develop the shopping centre in i-City, Lim said talks had reached an advanced stage and “is on track”.

“We anticipate the mall to be operational by Q2 2012. We continue to receive anchor tenant interest in leasing space in the mall.

“One of them, GSC, has expressed interest to build a futuristic cinema in this mall,” he added.

While the Cybercentre office suites were funded internally, he said the group might also seek other funding options such as joint ventures.
Old November 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #135
patchay

Likes (Received): 1150

I-Bhd syiok sendiri hahaha

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #136
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

i-City mampu jadi pusat operasi

SHAH ALAM 18 Nov. - Menteri Pengangkutan Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat hari ini berkata, i-City, bandar digital seluas 29 hektar di sini, mampu menjadi pusat bagi syarikat-syarikat logistik yang beroperasi di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa (KLIA) di Sepang dan Pelabuhan Klang.

i-City menawarkan sambungan jalur lebar berkelajuan tinggi pada 20 mbps (megabit sesaat). Ia mempunyai sistem bekalan tenaga sokongan, pusat data dan sambungan gentian optik antara bangunan di bandar itu selain operasi bebas cukai selama 10 tahun setelah memperoleh status MSC Mei lepas.

"i-City terletak dalam lokasi strategik berhampiran Pelabuhan Klang dan KLIA yang mempunyai banyak syarikat logistik. Saya yakin ada peluang untuknya menjadi pusat sokongan untuk syarikat-syarikat logistik," katanya pada majlis menamakan Jalan di i-City sebagai Jalan Multimedia, di sini hari ini.

Beliau berkata, banyak peluang tersedia di i-City untuk menjalin hubungan strategik dengan syarikat berkaitan kerajaan menerusi Kementerian Pengangkutan dengan menggunakan rangkaian dalam bandar digital sebagai platform untuk meningkatkan operasi.

"Dalam persekitaran perniagaan global hari ini, terdapat penggunaan lebih luas teknologi maklumat dan komunikasi di kalangan syarikat logistik bagi menawarkan perkhidmatan yang lebih baik kepada pelanggan.

"Ia bukan lagi mengenai agihan fizikal, tetapi bersemuka dengan dunia maya," katanya.

Ong berkata, berdasarkan pandangan kementerian itu, pusat berkenaan baik untuk Malaysia kerana ia akan membolehkan syarikat logistik bersaing dari segi kos secara berkesan dengan peserta global.
Old November 20th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #137
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Impressive: I-Berhad chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong (second from left) showing Ahmad Zahid (left) a model of the International Islamic Hub in Shah Alam yesterday.
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:01 AM   #138
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post

Impressive: I-Berhad chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong (second from left) showing Ahmad Zahid (left) a model of the International Islamic Hub in Shah Alam yesterday.

I-Berhad labur RM800 juta bangun Pusat Dagangan Islam

Oleh Cynthia Yeoh

SHAH ALAM 19 Nov. - I-Berhad telah melaburkan RM800 juta bagi membangunkan Pusat Islam Antarabangsa di i-City, di sini sekali gus bakal menjadikan Malaysia sebagai pusat perniagaan Islam.

Pengarahnya, Eu Hong Chew berkata, projek yang akan bermula Jun tahun depan dijangka siap antara tiga hingga empat tahun lagi.

Katanya, pusat seluas 2.02 hektar tersebut mempunyai infrastruktur bertaraf antarabangsa dan menawarkan perkhidmatan dan kemudahan berasaskan Islam.

''Malaysia adalah satu-satunya negara yang menawarkan kemudahan ini dan kami berharap dapat bekerjasama dengan institusi Islam untuk mengenal pasti kriteria terperinci bagi pembangunan pusat itu," katanya selepas melancarkan Pusat Islam Antarabangsa itu di sini hari ini.

Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi hadir sama merasmikan majlis pelancaran itu.

Menurut Hong Chew, I-Berhad sedang mengadakan perbincangan dengan dua institusi kewangan Islam, iaitu Asian Finance Bank Bhd. (AFB) dan Kuwait Finance House (M) Bhd. (KFH) untuk melabur dalam i-City selain Al Rajhi Bank (Malaysia) (Al Rajhi).

''Perbincangan itu masih berada pada tahap awal dan dijangka membuahkan hasil pada tahun depan," katanya.

Pada Julai lalu, Al Rajhi telah menandatangani perjanjian jual beli dengan I-Berhad untuk membeli 36 buah pejabat di i-City Cybercenter 1 Office Suites yang bernilai RM95 juta.

Beliau berkata, pakatan strategik dengan Al-Rajhi dalam pembangunan pejabat siber mencerminkan pelbagai peluang yang wujud dan bakal menjadi pemangkin untuk usaha sama lebih erat dengan negara anggota Pertubuhan Persidangan Islam (OIC).

''Perbincangan semasa dengan Pertubuhan Zakat Antarabangsa OIC untuk menempatkan pejabatnya di sini juga salah satu usaha merapatkan jurang dengan OIC.

''Selain itu, pada masa ini terdapat tiga hingga lima pelabur telah menyatakan minat (beroperasi) dan kami menjangka perjanjian dengan mereka boleh dimuktamadkan dalam tempoh 12 bulan akan datang," kata beliau tetapi enggan mengulas lanjut.

Beliau berkata, pusat itu bertujuan membentuk pembangunan untuk ekonomi yang berasaskan pengetahuan Islam.

''Ia menawarkan beberapa pusat seperti perkhidmatan perkongsian Islam, pendidikan kewangan Islam, teknologi maklumat dan komunikasi, sumber Islam serta sokongan untuk logistik halal selain menyediakan 1,600 ruang letak kereta.

i-City merupakan projek pembangunan I-Berhad yang berintegrasi komersial bernilai RM2 bilion yang dibangunkan di atas tanah seluas 28.8 hektar berdekatan dengan Lebuh Raya Persekutuan yang terletak di kawasan Seksyen 7, Shah Alam, Selangor.
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #139
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Hab Islam Antarabangsa di i-City

I-CITY Properties Sdn Bhd, anak syarikat I-Bhd, memperuntukkan kawasan seluas dua hektar di projek komersial bersepadu, i-City bagi pembangunan Hab Islam Antarabangsa.

Pengarahnya, Eu Hong Chew, berkata projek itu dijangka mengambil masa antara tiga dan empat tahun untuk siap, dianggarkan membabitkan pelaburan kira-kira RM800 juta.

Katanya, Hab Islam Antarabangsa akan menjadi mercu tanda kepada projek i-City dalam menarik kemasukan pelabur asing khususnya dari anggota Pertubuhan Persidangan Islam (OIC).

Beliau berkata, usaha itu juga mencerminkan komitmen syarikat dalam menawarkan perkhidmatan dan kemudahan bertaraf dunia serta mematuhi Syariah.

"Kami akan bekerjasama dengan institusi Islam dalam menentukan kriteria syarikat yang akan beroperasi di Hab Islam Antarabangsa," katanya pada sidang media selepas majlis pelancarannya di Shah Alam, semalam.

Majlis pelancaran disempurnakan Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi. Pembangunan Hab Islam Antarabangsa di i-City sejajar matlamat menjadikan Malaysia sebagai pusat halal dan kewangan global.

Sementara itu, Ahmad Zahid berkata, i-City memainkan peranan penting dalam menyokong usaha menjadikan Malaysia sebagai pusat perniagaan Islam dunia.

Katanya, Malaysia juga diberi penghormatan oleh OIC sebagai hos Pertubuhan Zakat Antarabangsa di bawah badan itu.

"Ini menunjukkan pertubuhan antarabangsa dan dunia Islam mempunyai keyakinan penuh terhadap Malaysia," katanya.

Baru-baru ini, i-City diberikan pengiktirafan status Taman Antarabangsa oleh kerajaan Selangor bukan saja berdasarkan kepada infrastruktur dan kemudahan bertaraf dunia, tetapi rancangan menjadikan i-City sebuah lokasi pelaburan antarabangsa.
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #140
nazrey

i-City to be support hub for KLIA, Port Klang
19-11-2008: by Sharon Tan
THEEDGEDAILY

SHAH ALAM: i-City can be a support hub for logistics companies serving Kuala Lumpur International Airport and Port Klang due to its strategic location, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat.

He hoped the facilities in I-City would be able to turn it into a competitive commercial logistics hub, particularly for the telecommunications sector.

i-City, which has been granted The Multimedia Super Corridor status, is a RM2 billion integrated commercial development on 28.8 hectares of freehold land in Section 7, Shah Alam.

The township features shopping mall, corporate towers and offices, office suites, shop offices, office and retail suites, hotels, apartments, a data centre and an innovation centre.

i-City, which is developed by I-Bhd, is connected by one fibre optic network and managed as one commercial complex via the Cisco Connected Real Estate (Cisco Cre) Platform.

Ong said if housing and real estate developers could combine competitiveness and innovative ideas, they would be able to attract clients.