daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Abu Dhabi Projects > Abu Dhabi Project Development

Abu Dhabi Project Development Other projects in the capital of the UAE

Old January 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #61
Mattw2345
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimcnorth View Post
Just a clarification..

The guys in "high places" (Bani Fatima) own Royalgroup who is a Bani Fatima Holding company, Royalgroup in turn owns Hydra and summat like 30 other companies.
Yes! tell me something I dont know lol, most of these companies are related in someway, however I do not care if they can walk on water just as long as this is built.

Having a management company now firmly on the case is good news. I am waiting to see who wins the construction/MEP contracts as I should know a few of them, then I can get unbiased views on this start - finish time.
Mattw2345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 11th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #62
Mattw2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxdude View Post
Yes indeed, its good to have a rant but whats happening in Abu dhabi pales in comparison to the huge fraud that's being committed by various developers in Dubai. If you want to see some good rants check my postings on Dubai I am very very happy to be holding investments in Abu Dhabi right now and i will probably buy more once i see some more progress...

Frauds! yes I know, its so bloody bad it really is! My friend put a downpayment on a studio that will never be built and nor will his money be returned! Its a shame that more is not done.

Yes agreed, the market may have dropped of but I think when things improve a little all eyes will be on A/D and we will have got in first!
Old January 11th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #63
Mattw2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severancepay View Post
Folks - For your protection it is best to get an email chain of evidence:

Write to a few people at Hydra. Be sure you get a receipt from both the server and the individual. The individual may choose not to send one but if the server got it, then its a little difficult to claim lost. This is particularly true if the email is addressed to more than a number of people.

Ask the following questions:

Is the progress on track?
Will the project be completed by end of 2010?
Can you have a progress report or some recent site photos?
When will the website be updated?
Can you forestall the next payment pending further site development?

You may never get a reply but it will be difficult for Hydra to wriggle out of anything if many customers show that they asked legitimate questions and but did not receive adequate answers.

Copy to ceo@hydraproperties.com
Also copy to the address they recommend on their website so you can show valid channels of communication. (info@hydraproperties.com)
Keep a copy of your polite email and all recieved receipts in a file.

Collective pressure will achieve results. It always does.

Understood but really emails legally here mean nothing! Its all would you believe FAX!! So just to be sure fax as duplicate !
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #64
pailleenque

Likes (Received): 1

To quench your anxiety, bring back a little smile here is progress evidence.

sharpen your eye and you will see 2 trucks
pailleenque no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #65
flares

Likes (Received): 3

Here's another...
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #66
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pailleenque View Post
To quench your anxiety, bring back a little smile here is progress evidence.

sharpen your eye and you will see 2 trucks
Sorry my eyes arent so sharp. I cant see the 2 trucks. Point me in the right direction please; wherabouts ?

ITS OK FOUND THEM. I THINK BOTTOM MIDDLE

Last edited by speculator; January 11th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
speculator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #67
pailleenque

http://www.hydraproperties.com/news/construction.php

One has to assume that the reason why there is no constrution update on the new site is because there is very little done to justify the 50% paid.
pailleenque no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #68
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pailleenque View Post
http://www.hydraproperties.com/news/construction.php

One has to assume that the reason why there is no constrution update on the new site is because there is very little done to justify the 50% paid.
AND the old site was better. At least it had more info; even though inaccurate. Ah well I suppose no information is better than inaccurate information. USELESS waist of time and money spent on this website......for Hydra village investors that is.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #69
dbxdude

na

Last edited by dbxdude; January 27th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
dbxdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #70
Mattw2345

Yes the latest updated picture looks amazing!

I think it is actually the worlds largest 'still art development' exhibit!

Expect gates to be open soon it will only cost you 81,000 entry fee..
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #71
dbxdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattw2345 View Post
Yes the latest updated picture looks amazing!

I think it is actually the worlds largest 'still art development' exhibit!

Expect gates to be open soon it will only cost you 81,000 entry fee..
No no no, u miss understand the update on hydra village is good, go to the link above my post to c the update on alreem. That's the hillarious bit!
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #72
DUBAI INVESTOR

Likes (Received): 4

You not going to believe this but I indicated interest in a Hydra 3 bed townhouse a year ago, never paid or signed anything, and I was just courierd a contract from them ! Says I have finacing from First Gulf Bank. I never put my foot in any FGB branch !

I wonder if its a sign of the times, Hydra having been caught out by bad publicity and now trying to dump their drifting sand dunes onto anyone plus their grandma. Just cant understand how people who've paid 20 % etc already dont have contracts. No, I am not going to sign my Hydra Village contract as I suspect I would immediately receive demands for at least 20 % payment plus late fees and I cant get financing anyway. And I am a Man United fan !
DUBAI INVESTOR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #73
Mattw2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBAI INVESTOR View Post
You not going to believe this but I indicated interest in a Hydra 3 bed townhouse a year ago, never paid or signed anything, and I was just courierd a contract from them ! Says I have finacing from First Gulf Bank. I never put my foot in any FGB branch !

I wonder if its a sign of the times, Hydra having been caught out by bad publicity and now trying to dump their drifting sand dunes onto anyone plus their grandma. Just cant understand how people who've paid 20 % etc already dont have contracts. No, I am not going to sign my Hydra Village contract as I suspect I would immediately receive demands for at least 20 % payment plus late fees and I cant get financing anyway. And I am a Man United fan !

Man Utd Fan! well my condolences, anyway most of us have been through the ups and downs on this and from an expat here who is able to get the under current all I can say is that this project WILL be built and if you dont want to buy then! Well dont!

This is a thread ironed out to be constructive as well as negative for BUYERS!

Good luck!
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM   #74
Mattw2345

Quote:
No no no, u miss understand the update on hydra village is good, go to the link above my post to c the update on alreem. That's the hillarious bit!

Ahhhh ok dude! got it lol
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #75
speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBAI INVESTOR View Post

Sorry but you have obviously signed to purchase for them to send out the contract. No good trying to throw the ball back at them. If you dont want it then tell/discuss Hydra. You shouldn't be posting on this thread if you cant keep your commitments.
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #76
enduser

Great to see those progress pictures and posts on progress.
enduser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:20 AM   #77
dbxdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculator View Post
Sorry but you have obviously signed to purchase for them to send out the contract. No good trying to throw the ball back at them. If you dont want it then tell/discuss Hydra. You shouldn't be posting on this thread if you cant keep your commitments.
wish they would send me my contract.....
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #78
dbxdude

construction halted for now. Same everywhere. In dubai you can see clear blue skies for the first time in years - no dust.

Guess they are working out what to do and restructuring finance on a national level. Give it a few months, it will all start again all be it at a more sustainable pace....
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #79
Mattw2345

GET A MOVE ON!!!

Quote:
construction halted for now. Same everywhere. In dubai you can see clear blue skies for the first time in years - no dust.

Guess they are working out what to do and restructuring finance on a national level. Give it a few months, it will all start again all be it at a more sustainable pace....
Mmmm! You know, I have to be more than a little sceptical ref mobilisation here in Dubai anyway, sure! on properties that are heavily invested they HAVE to start building and as we all agree they should be building regardless seeing as they have taken a great deal of money from investors

BUT

For new projects I cannot see the recovery hapenning for a long while!

WHY

Because investors in Europe/Russia/India (biggest investors) are really feeling the pinch, its these folks that Dubai needs to really start treating well in order for them to not only stay! but come here and live!

VISA change for residents ! Large Calibre + hole in foot! I am absolutely amazed that given such a downturn that these kinds of new rules can be implimented as ONCE AGAIN it just pours fuel on the fire.

Hydra have 3 weeks, then I am going to start really hammering them if nothing is being built!

Job security is not guaranteed and all of the time this remains a waste site and no build means no interest from secondary market and no upturn in values.

They need to get a move on now..as I am starting to get very nervous!

Time is pottentially not a luxury that I have!!
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #80
Mattw2345

[Give it a few months, it will all start again all be it at a more sustainable pace....[/QUOTE]

WHO IS GOING TO BUY????? & WITH WHAT????

Tags
abu dhabi