daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #21
AAPMBerlin

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
are there any plans for a new airport in North Rhine-Westphalia?
to replace/supplement Köln and Düsseldorf

i mean, you have a bigger city than Berlin and two small / medium sized airports..
no! there is no plan and no place for a new airport... the population will kill you if you even think about it
by the way: the railway-connection to frankfurt is excellent.

and köln/bonn-airport (10,4) and düsseldorf(17,8) has together 28,2mio passengers a year. why do you need another?

and there is dortmund with 2,1mio a year...

Sponsored Links

Old February 16th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #22
gramercy
hvorfor ikke

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPMBerlin View Post
no! there is no plan and no place for a new airport... the population will kill you if you even think about it
this is the area in germany where they can demolish entire villages (!) for open-pit coal mining
west of Köln you have several km2-s of completely demolished and changed surfaces.....coal mining

so i dont buy that there is no land for it, an airport would occupy an area roughly 5kms by 3kms, coalmines are much bigger

Quote:
and köln/bonn-airport (10,4) and düsseldorf(17,8) has together 28,2mio passengers a year. why do you need another?

the same can be said about the airports in berlin, by the same token, they have (had) 3 airports with similar numbers

i think we all understand the benefits of consolidating

and frankfurt is like saying there's no need for BBI for berlin, they should just build a HS line to Halle/Leipzig airport, since its been upgraded and big enough....yet there will be a new airport for berlin
gramercy no está en línea  
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #23
AAPMBerlin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPMBerlin

this is the area in germany where they can demolish entire villages (!) for open-pit coal mining
west of Köln you have several km2-s of completely demolished and changed surfaces.....coal mining

so i dont buy that there is no land for it, an airport would occupy an area roughly 5kms by 3kms, coalmines are much bigger

Quote:

the same can be said about the airports in berlin, by the same token, they have (had) 3 airports with similar numbers

i think we all understand the benefits of consolidating

and frankfurt is like saying there's no need for BBI for berlin, they should just build a HS line to Halle/Leipzig airport, since its been upgraded and big enough....yet there will be a new airport for berlin
... there are two important things:
1.) the capacity of the airports köln/bonn and düsseldorf are bigger than the actually passenger volume: köln/bonn 14mio (actually 10.4mio); düsseldorf 22mio (actually 17.8mio). berlin needs a bigger one because there no possibility to improve the capacity of tegel! and tempelhof are closed since oct. 2008
2.) thats the most important thing: the population didn´t want a new airport in their neighbourhood. they say: "excellent connections by railway or motorway to frankfurt or shiphol, why do we need an new one?"
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #24
gramercy
hvorfor ikke

schiphol is a bit of a longshot, dont you think? (i did a search on bahn.de, schiphol is 3:18 from wuppertal)

frankfurt is 1:30
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #25
AAPMBerlin

Quote:
schiphol is a bit of a longshot, dont you think? (i did a search on bahn.de, schiphol is 3:18 from wuppertal)

frankfurt is 1:30

Hey! Ok! If you want a new airport in NRW then make a suggestion to the people there. But i will not your bodyguard....

They prefer to go 2-3hours to the next big airport than having one in the neigbourhood... That´s german reality. And do you know the best: It´s ok! Because that´s democracy.
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #26
gramercy
hvorfor ikke

dont patronize me
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #27
AAPMBerlin

Quote:
dont patronize me

i´m not! but if you think so... it´s ok.
good-bye!

Closed Thread