|May 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM||#21|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Likes (Received): 7
Posted on » Sunday, May 17, 2009
I would like to know if the government has stamped residency visas for anybody who has bought freehold property in Bahrain.
* General Directorate of Nationality, Passport and Residence director, human resources and finance Nayef Al Sherooqi said: There is an established procedure for expatriate property holders under 'Self Sponsorship Residence Permit Scheme' and the applications can be obtained from the GDNPR.
The conditions to apply for this type of residency, briefly, are as follows:
* A certificate of Property Registration in the name of the applicant for a value of BD50,000 or above.
* Health insurance for the property holder and his dependents.
* A local Bank Deposit Certificate of BD15,000.
* A proof of regular monthly income of at least BD500.
* A Good Conduct Certificate.
* The property holder should not be working, neither in public nor in private sectors.
These terms and conditions are explained in detail on the application forms. The GDNPR can be contacted at email@example.com if the reader requires further assistance. The GDNPR holds the rights for the grant of Self Sponsorship Residence Permits.