daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #1
farhan

Likes (Received): 206

Pakistan's Film Industry

PAK GIRL AS MUMTAZ IN HER DEBUT 'TAJ MAHAL'

Very soon the viewers will find a new face though a Pakistani in Akbar Khan's historic movie 'Taj Mahal'. Akbar Khan has discovered this girl to play emperor Shahjehan's ladylove Mumtaz for whom the emperor built one of the Seven Wonders of the World called 'Taj Mahal'. This girl is Sonya. She is half French and half Pakistani. Akbar Khan made a special endeavor to sign this girl who is granddaughter of yesteryears' actress and millions' heartthrob Noorjehan of the pre-partition of India.

Sonya claims to be well versed with Bollywood though she doesn't like some of its directors allegedly involved in casting couch. This has distanced her from entering the Indian movie industry in a big way. She recalls that producer Akbar approached her for 'Taj Mahal' when she was studying in England. S

he sought six months' time to complete her studies even though she had cleared the first audition test. Akbar Khan was too eager and therefore waited for her.She has been watching Hindi movies and admires them and so also the artists. However, she wonders why Indian girls who are very pretty and yet dress themselves in western clothes. She harbors regret that Bollywood has too much of sex in movies

However, she dared play Mumtaz as it's a historical character. She has got some offers for Hindi movies though, but has declined them so far. When asked if it meant that she would act in very few Indian movies, she quipped, "No, it's not so. However, I cannot do bold scenes for which there is a big demand in Bollywood. So, I shall sign movies only after a careful study. I have heard about casting couch. I have also heard about something not very pleasant about the directors. Thus, I was worried initially. " However, she is very much satisfied now. "I find that my arrival in India has been a blessing for me."

here is the link : http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Pag...TAJ%20MAHAL%27

OmI92 liked this post
farhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #2
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

Lollywood needs to pull up out of its dive or we are screwed. Pakistan needs to cut the crap and put a ban on actors playing in Bollywood to help stabalize our own movie industry.

She is hot though!

Beats Meera!

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..

OmI92 liked this post

Last edited by PakistanUnited; April 26th, 2005 at 03:52 PM.
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #3
Marshal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

So she is noorjehan's granddaughter???

Not too hot though..

The grandma comment was in distaste and not warranted..

OmI92 liked this post
Marshal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #4
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

dont worry about it i know mr hasan personally

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #5
Marshal
BANNED

Ah forget it..

So is she really another granddaughter of noorjehan as I have heard another model/actress in Pakistan who is her granddaughter??

GUess everyone wants to be a piece of her pie lol

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #6
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

I think she is Noor Jehan's daughter but i cant confirm maybe you can find out?

You gotta admit she is hot!

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #7
Marshal
BANNED

Why;

B/c of the french connection?

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:52 AM   #8
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1851

Kyun tum se itna pyar hai premieres today

Kyun tum se itna pyar hai premieres today
by M. ZAHID RAJPUT

Pakistan film industry is going through a crisis and fighting for survival. Director Ajab Gul's new film Kyun tum se itna pyar hai, which premieres on Friday (today) is expected to improve the situation.
A preview of Kyun tum se itna pyar hai was held on Thursday in Karachi for the media. The cast of the film including Nadeem Baig, Talat Hussain, Veena Malik, Tahira Wasti, Arbab Khan, Nighat Chaudhry and Babrik Shah was also present.
Addressing on the occasion, legendary artist Nadeem Baig said, "This film is a ray of hope for the Pakistan film industry as it needs good films." He emphasised that good films could be made with the old equipment as in past, they had also worked and succeeded to give good films with the same machinery. The only need was of hard work, thoughts, vision and proper strategy. He appreciated the work of Ajab Gul and wished him success for this film. He also requested the people watch this film in cinemas and make it successful.
Talat Hussain, one of the pioneers of television industry, also spoke on the occasion and revealed that he was much inspired by the script of this film. "I hope that this film would revive the Pakistan film industry, if it exists," he said. He also praised the work of Ajab Gul and said that he was very careful about everything.
"Ajab was concerned about every artist and did not even give the full script to any artist including myself," he said.
Later Ajab Gul on the occasion said that he wanted to promote Pakistani films at international level. He forbade all the artists to mention about the story of the film, as he did not want to disclose the script before its release.
He was of the view that Pakistani film industry was on the edge to collapse and there was a great need to support it.
He said that people should see the film and give their views, as they were very significant.
He informed that all songs of the film had been recorded in India on DTS and sung by some of the most popular singers of Bollywood such as Shreya Ghoshal, Udit Narayan, Maya Ramdeen and Sadhna Sargam.
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #9
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 327

As long as Pakistanis keep competeing with Indian cinema, we will always lose. We have a different culture, we need to promote a different theme in our movies instead of trying to be like Indian cinema.
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:36 AM   #10
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

Likes (Received): 230

exactly...
see our dramas , our music which is different from Indian style
zees no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:20 AM   #11
Gumnaam
Adm!n!strator

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerveut
As long as Pakistanis keep competeing with Indian cinema, we will always lose. We have a different culture, we need to promote a different theme in our movies instead of trying to be like Indian cinema.
My thinking exactly, we have amazing country, beautiful people, tasty food, attractive culture and traditions and a very rich history and we need to promote this in our way to show the outside world the true face of Pakistan.
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:26 AM   #12
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

The problem is, we are also really big copycats. Instead of realising the worth of all that we already have, we love copying stuff that doesnt suit us, then we totally screw it up and it starts looking too wannabe. Pakistani cimena these days is just a wannabe for Indian cinema. Actually I really hope it dies down. To be reborn again as true Pakistani cinema.
Seriously! I remember this episode of George Ka Pakistan where this guy was ashamed of taking George to a Pakistani movie and when he finally did, george couldnt understand why the people in the movie were behaving like fanatics and doing stuff that you dont find in Pakistani mainstram culture! Indian cinema also reflects their mainstream culture which has dance clubs and stupidity and blah blah.. we dont have all that, so why show an unreal picture in the movies?
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #13
Gumnaam
Adm!n!strator

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zees
exactly...
see our dramas , our music which is different from Indian style
Not only different but better. Now is the time to concentrate more towards making good movies and I know we can do this...I mean look at our music videos directors, what good work they are doing and how talented they are, but they can't make a big budget movie due to lack of resources and facilities. Government needs to support them.

Last edited by Gumnaam; April 29th, 2005 at 11:18 PM.
Gumnaam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:29 AM   #14
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Starting small isnt bad either! who says that you just need a super high budget movie to break charts? I am not exactly asking for a Blair Witch Project here, but still! low budget movies can also be made really nicely. You dont need all the razzmatazz. Start low, and develop on the profit u make!
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #15
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spido
Not only different but better.
RIGHT
zees no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #16
farhan

Likes (Received): 206

see film, me I will see film for the industry of Pakistan because in this moment the industry is in crisis and by looking at this film all can change. I you council to go to see this film for PAKISTAN.
farhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #17
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Look at our Music industry! why doesnt lollywood use Junoons songs? or EP's songs for action movies?

why dont they call in some of the directors who make music videos like Xulfi?

WHY? WHY?

Old April 30th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #18
Nawaz Khan

Likes (Received): 6

Shoaib Mansoor & Amena Khan & her partner can make better videos than even americans here. We are very impressed with their work. I am sure they can make good movies. Gama Maja & mullah culture is on its way out and things are only gonna get better.
Nawaz Khan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #19
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

dont forget to note Xulfi who is now in UK directing a music video for a Gora. He is probaly the best we have!

Old May 4th, 2005, 05:20 AM   #20
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1851

the movie has been declared a super hit, party is held at al humra hall no.1, tommorow in lahore.
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote