daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Old August 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #1741
BROADSWORD

Likes (Received): 0

See CBMDCs Number One Son - Barfie - is still doing his cut and pastes from the T&G - his favourite "newspaper."

What a moron. The moderator warns him. We all laugh at him. But oh no.... Barfie just keeps on doing it.

Probably because he can't put in an original comment of his own.

By the way Barfie... interesting you selected the piece about bookies. How's your campaign doing?

Forum readers might be fascinated to know that Barfie sent in a petition to HMG to shut down Bradford's bookies and coin arcades. Dens of sin sorta thing.

Roll on the start of school term so he's got something else to do.
BROADSWORD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #1742
BROADSWORD

Corruption?

How about for starters...

The AMP of course.

The Odeon scandal - on of the most duplicitous acts ever.

The print and advertising contracts.

Paying Willy Allsop vast amounts to deliver nothing.

The Regen Nazis' gravy train, trips to Cannes at first class hotels year after year, endless freebie slap up dinners, expenses, etc...

And not just financial corruption...

The wide open abuse of the planning regs.

Not tackling Bradford's well earned reputation as the hard drugs capital of the North for political and social expediency.

The refusal to tackle a wide range of anti social and criminal behaviour because the resultant publicity would "give the city in a negative image."

Bent politicians, voting fraud, votes for sale.

That do ya for starters?

Or will we just get another "sigh?"
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:24 AM   #1743
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Likes (Received): 189

Ok, I'm having to delete the last (and any future) random posted T&A articles that are not development related (after my previous warning). I've also issued a 'yellow card' warning to another forum member.

I'm moderating this gently at the moment, but may have to step up the action if the personal bickering continues.

*CoB *, no more random T&A articles on here please, and others please respect all members particularly as they start to comply with the request for no more random newspaper cuttings.

Now play nicely everyone.
Rob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #1744
*-City Of Bradford-*
*-City Of Bradford-*

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baht'at View Post
If we wanted to read council propaganda
Wasn't council propaganda, it was very critical of the council.

Quote:
If you must quote the damn thing just do the headline and a link rather than showing that you are a stupid c*nt.
Every single news article posted on here to do with Bradford has always had the main text in. Don't know what your problem is with me doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
[color=darkred]Ok, I'm having to delete the last (and any future) random posted T&A articles that are not development related (after my previous warning).
Erm, that wasn't random, it was directly related to city centre regeneration. Why have you deleted it?

Even the respected Dan B though it was reasonable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
I don't really see how the contents of that last article provoked such a response though. Seemed pretty fair and would agree it’s a concern to have all these betting shops beginning to dominate the town centre and if it isn't that it's all the Amusement Arcades we already have ample amounts of.
So why have you gone and deleted a news article directly related to the city centre regeneration? You said not to post any more irrelevant articles, I post a relevant one and you deleted it.

Quote:
I've also issued a 'yellow card' warning to another forum member.
On any other forum, Broadsword would have been banned a long time ago, you seem to be turning a blind eye towards him. I quote:

Quote:
But personal comments and name calling are not acceptable! People on here have a right to be treated with respect. Any more distasteful personal comments and I will take action.
Since then he has continued the disrespect towards me and distasteful personal comments and you have taken no action! Just another warning which he will ignore.

Quote:
I'm moderating this gently at the moment
Moderating this gently? There has been barely any moderation.

Quote:
but may have to step up the action if the personal bickering continues.
Don't know if you noticed Rob but I've not had made any disrespectful comments to Broadsword since I received some very useful advice from another forum member. It has all been from him, a countless number of insulting comments, yet no action has been taken. The only action you have done is to edit my signature and delete my relevant post for no reason.

Quote:
*CoB *, no more random T&A articles on here please
Ok Rob, and please no more deleted any relevant articles either.
*-City Of Bradford-* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1745
Baht'at

Quote:
Originally Posted by *-City Of Bradford-* View Post
Ok Rob, and please no more deleted any relevant articles either.
Even if they are relevant you'll find that copyright on the T&A site requires that you post links rather than cut and paste. Even if it is piss-poor you should still respect their rights.
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #1746
*-City Of Bradford-*
*-City Of Bradford-*

Quote:
Even if they are relevant you'll find that copyright on the T&A site requires that you post links rather than cut and paste. Even if it is piss-poor you should still respect their rights.
Everyone else copies from their, don't see why I can't.
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #1747
BROADSWORD

As I've said often enough Barfie/Tezza...

I have no problem with YOU. Whoever and whatever you are.

I do have a problem with your incessant posting of CBMDC propaganda. Which is what the concept of a forum is about.

If you want to act as an enthusiastic conduit for their distortions, misdirections and often outright lies... you must expect some flak.

Calling yourself "City Of Bradford" and using a CBMDC logo - is admitting your bias.

And you compound it by your cut and pastes from the T&A.

Each and every criticism or analysis of your posts - you immediately and often hysterically denounce as 'insults.' You don't need a forum. You need a COB admiration society.
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #1748
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Quote:
Erm, that wasn't random, it was directly related to city centre regeneration. Why have you deleted it?

Even the respected Dan B though it was reasonable:

So why have you gone and deleted a news article directly related to the city centre regeneration? You said not to post any more irrelevant articles, I post a relevant one and you deleted it.
It was hardly related to developement or regeneration, it was an article about one cheap store. If it's important as part of the retail environment, then it should be posted in a relevant retail or economy thread somewhere in the skybar. Part of the problem seems to be the shear number of copied articles from the T&A in this thread.

Quote:
On any other forum, Broadsword would have been banned a long time ago, you seem to be turning a blind eye towards him. I quote:

Since then he has continued the disrespect towards me and distasteful personal comments and you have taken no action! Just another warning which he will ignore.

Moderating this gently? There has been barely any moderation.

Don't know if you noticed Rob but I've not had made any disrespectful comments to Broadsword since I received some very useful advice from another forum member. It has all been from him, a countless number of insulting comments, yet no action has been taken. The only action you have done is to edit my signature and delete my relevant post for no reason.
Rightly or wrongly, this seems to be a fairly liberal forum, and has to be moderated that way; you are right that many other forums are much stricter. There are still certain lines that can't be overstepped though, which I'm looking out for.

Please note: I deleted that post, but have not edited your signature. I'm not sure what happened to it, if it has changed perhaps another moderator edited it.
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #1749
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Right - Problem solved.

I've created a new thread in the Electric Press (skybar) section, specifically for posting local news articles from local newspapers (T&A etc). Anyone who wants to post news articles that don't belong in a specific thread (as most don't) can be posted in there. Anyone who doesn't want to see them can ignore that thread, and the other threads won't fill up with randomly posted news articles from the T&A etc. Everyone's a winner.

I've even started it off with the one that was deleted out of this thread *C o B *, so hopefully that should seem more fair.
Old August 19th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #1750
Baht'at

Quote:
Everyone else copies from their, don't see why I can't.
The reason you shouldn't is that you are damaging the T&A's (and this site's) ranking on search engines - one of the ways google judges the quality of a site is by how many unique text fragments it has so if you cut and paste whole chunks to another site you are damaging their rating because what you copied (presumably because you are insufficiently educated yet to summarise the article in your own words) is no longer unique to the T&A.

Plus you are clearly ignorant because the T&A quite clearly prohibits the reposting of its material:

6. Rights
The design, images and content of the Site are, unless otherwise stated, our property or our licensors' property.

We provide Material on the Site solely for your personal use and the reproduction of the whole or any part of the Site, except for any temporary copies made necessarily in downloading the Site, for purposes other than private and personal use, is prohibited, as is distributing, displaying or copying the Site, unless it is for the personal use of a third party.

No part of the Site can be reproduced on, transmitted to or stored on any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system, nor may any part of the site be accessed in such manner as to make it appear part of any third parties web site without our prior written consent.

Incidently that also makes the electronic media thread a clear violation of virtually all newspapers' T&C unless you post links rather than cut and paste.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1751
BROADSWORD

Anybody read the latest issue of that pathetic CBMDC publication "Community Pride?"

As you've paid for it - costs mega money each year - take a look.

Catch the lead story about the imminent start of the Park at The Heart Attack.

And the outrageous lies pumped out by Regen Nazi frontman Naylor - where he claims that PATHA will bring jobs, prosperity, visitors and investors to Barfdord.

Like - how? No evidence to support this propaganda crap. Just the usual babble.

Jobs? What jobs and for whom?

Prosperity? Prosperity for the contractors, dodgy architects, expensive multi-national pr and ad agencies and the usual bunch of freeloaders, you mean?

Visitors? So thousands of people will be stampeding up the M1 to see it?

Investors? So a small park next to City Hall will convince companies to open operations in the city? Build factories? Relocate from Leeds? Sure it will.

PATHA is one of the most duplicitous cons ever put over on Barfdord's long-suffering citizens. Turned down flat by the Lottery Commission as being not fit for purpose - the Regen Nazis are going to do it anyway. With your money and in the teeth of local opinion. The "overwhelming public support" has been exposed as a fraud. Just another example of how this city is run as a dictatorship by a bunch of senior council officials who haven't a clue.

So PATHA happens, whether you like it or not. So much for democracy.

Meanwhile the city continues its relentless downward spiral. On every social index it is now far worse than a decade ago.

But never the crime, drugs, deeply divided communities, some of the worst educated kids in the UK... We've got a pond!
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #1752
Suburban Knight
ßANNED

Likes (Received): 72

I doubt the park will turn around the city's fortunes on a major level, but it should help instil more of a sense of pride to the city and give it a better image if it's done right.

Just look at Sheffield - it used to be a right dump, but the Peace Gardens and new Sheaf Square have really helped turn around the look of the place to visitors.

Saying that, Sheffield was never as bad as Bradford to start with.
Suburban Knight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #1753
*-City Of Bradford-*
*-City Of Bradford-*

Fairly good Community Pride came through the post today. It's very important that the residents of the city and kept informed about whats happening in the city.

The front page picture certainly gives a wow factor to the city centre. The Minstry of Food is also very good news as is the Cultral Fusion Project which I see is progressing, I seriously need to think about going to again.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #1754
BROADSWORD

"Fairly good Community Pride came through the post today. It's very important that the residents of the city and kept informed about whats happening in the city.

The front page picture certainly gives a wow factor to the city centre. The Minstry of Food is also very good news as is the Cultral Fusion Project which I see is progressing, I seriously need to think about going to again."

You couldn't make this up... If this is someone's idea of "fairly good" - what the **** must "fairly bad" look like? This is just naked CBMDC feelgood rubbish. Published at vast expense from public money.

Barfie obviously didn't read my previous post.

And guess who swallows every last bit of propaganda crap in Community Shame? That's right - it's CBMDC's Number One Son. Every last time.

Can someone please explain the workings of Spellchecker to him?.

If you want something grounded in reality, try the Odeon Observer - something with a bit of bite for a change.

The Regen Nazis hate (and I mean really hate) BORG, for exposing their lies and deceptions.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #1755
BROADSWORD

In another life, another identity and another forum...

Some sad bastard refers to Manningham Park as "one of the finest in the UK."

It had a major mega expensive makeover as part of the Barfdord Regen programme.

Finest? If you dare go in it alone. If you are a woman stupid enough to go there alone. If you are insane enough to go in after 6pm. Sure - great place, shame about the people.

As one of Bradford's fine young citizens, just sent down for discouraging certain sections of the community for daring to appear on his patch said "We don't want you here." Point taken and understood. As far as most people are concerned, you can keep it.

THIS is what needs to be regenerated in the city. It's the people. Got little to do with architecture, ponds, or Westfield.
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:51 AM   #1756
Baht'at

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROADSWORD View Post
As one of Bradford's fine young citizens, just sent down for discouraging certain sections of the community for daring to appear on his patch said "We don't want you here." Point taken and understood. As far as most people are concerned, you can keep it.
Is sir referring to one of our fine islamic citizens?

What puzzles me is why they haven't taken exception to the fact that Bradford is home to one of the most anti-islamic businesses in the country - the notorious loan-sharks now building shiny new headquarters within pissing distance of the wonderful 4mm pond "Park at the Heart". Strange how they pick and choose which non-islamic practices to oppose, indeed the only group I've seen being decent enough to protest against interest rates well north of 100% apr (indeed 750% has been known) was a group of happy-clappy christians.

If redevelopment means allowing Provident Financial a prominent place in the city then we'd be better off with a mega-tonne airburst over City Hall to clear out all the deadwood and scum before starting again. The added bonus would be it would vaporise the bloody mirror pool (assuming some contractor is daft enough to pay the sweeteners the councillors will want from the £25m trough of public money - I would guess at least 20% will benefit people it shouldn't) and make the Broadway Rubble Zone fit in with the rest of the City.
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:11 AM   #1757
Baht'at

Quote:
The Minstry of Food is also very good news
How is that? Some southern ponce condecending to put his name to courses so dumbed down that in ten weeks all you do is go from how to boil an egg (put it in a pan of boiling water, do not remove it with your hand because boiling water is hot) to how to cook a joint of beef (put in oven, use knife to carve cooked joint not stab fellow diners). Nope I think if people are so stupid they need to be taught how to cook then we'd be better off building a gas-chamber to get rid of them and thereby improve the gene-pool.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM   #1758
BROADSWORD

Bahtat... your last two posts.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Well - I could, but modesty prevails.

My only complaint is that you're too soft on 'em.

As an afterthought on the Pond at the Heart...

How come, in face of all opposition (the public, Lottery Commission, etc), CBMDC are going ahead with it? Couldn't just be that a deal was done in advance with the contractors? Who were already given the job? And the usual backhanders (heaven forbid!) had already been agreed on? So - there HAS to be a pond.

All just scurrillous rumours of course. Don't believe a word of them myself. Bet nobody else does either.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM   #1759
*-City Of Bradford-*
*-City Of Bradford-*

Why are we bringing religion back into this discussion again, leave it out.

Quote:

What puzzles me is why they haven't taken exception to the fact that Bradford is home to one of the most anti-islamic businesses in the country - the notorious loan-sharks naow building shiny new headquarters
It's only a minority of the poplulation, from what I understand, Invest in Bradford and BCR have been targeting high quality Asian Businesses to Invest in Bradford.

Quote:
How is that?
Why not, getting more people to cook fresh food is always a good thing. One of Bradfords problems which I found is that Bradford has major health problems include high obesity levels and high infant mortality rates compared to the rest of the UK. Teaching the future population of Bradford to cook healthy food is a good starting point to try and solve these problems.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #1760
BROADSWORD

"Why are we bringing religion back into this discussion again, leave it out."

Please explain Barfie. The only person who seems to bring "religion" into it is you. On this and other forums. Playing that well worn race card again. And again.

"Targeting high quality Asian Businesses to Invest in Bradford."
Check out the definition of non-sequitur, Barfie.

Amongst Barfdord's health problems - you forgot to mention the city's notorious reputation for low intelligence (education results, etc). Which is what Bahtat was on about. Only a city of dumbos needs instruction on how to boil an egg. Or probably how to open a can of beans.

And would you like to explain how "teaching the future population of Bradford to cook healthy food is a good starting point to try and solve these problems?" How does basic cookery stop ferocious inbreeding - which is the main cause of infant mortality and birth defects in Bradford? (See various NHS reports on the subject.)

And finally - don't keep us all in suspense. How's your campaign to ban all the bookies and coin arcades doing? All still there last time I looked. You're letting the Regen campaign down.