daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #21
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 78,942
Likes (Received): 2088

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
Im not sure that I understood what you mean Nazrey...my BM hasnt developed that far.

But as far as I know the MRT line will have a station along Jalan Tun Sambanthan, across the road from the KL Sentral monorail station. It will be located underground so Im guessing there will be a subway across Jalan Tun Sambanthan as well as the overhead bridge. I guess it depends on whether they can find space for it or not.

As for the rest of the Kota Damansara - Cheras line - Id really like to know the route. What has been posted on Google Earth is pretty unrealistic (it follows Jalan Raja Chulan to Jalan Bukit Bintang, then Jalan Bukit Bintang to Jalan Pudu and on to the Pasar Rakyat market)......

Cheers, m
Ya..you said like this >>> 5.9 km is the distance of the undergrond wanna be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Laluan LRT bawah tanah baru di KL
Sep 14, 2008 Oleh NIZAM YATIM

KUALA LUMPUR 4 Sept. - Bandar raya Kuala Lumpur akan mempunyai laluan transit aliran ringan (LRT) bawah tanah baru sejauh 5.9 kilometer dari Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields ke Pasar Rakyat di Bukit Bintang.
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #22
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KL
Posts: 36,314
Likes (Received): 1022

when the xpected completion???
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #23
patchay
Registered User
 
patchay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Brisbane
Posts: 12,993
Likes (Received): 1147

will the Kota Damansara line go along Persiaran Surian, passing by Mutiara Damansara area?
__________________
Quote:
THE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS COMPILATION (LATEST: SEP'2014) >>> PAGE 1 >>> PAGE 2 (Suburb)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #24
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 78,942
Likes (Received): 2088

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
I just took a close look at the route posted to Google Earth which is supposed to be based on this map:



Which was published in the Star

The Star report suggests that the line will follow the existing Kelana Jaya line from Bangsar through to Pasar Seni....which is reflected in the map and the posting on google earth.

It suggests that the approach will follow Jalan Bangsar

But Prasarana and the people at KL Sentral that I have talked to, plus the report about the NU Sentral...are all suggesting that the line will be along Tun Sambanthan with a station between the monorail and the existing KL Sentral railway station.

For that to happen, here is what I see:

1. The line will be elevated from Pusat Bandar Damansara.

Bangsar Routing

2. The line may travel underground through Bangsar - because of the changing topography of the hill may make tunneling cheaper.

3. Whether it is elevated or underground the line will follow Jalan Maarof towards Bangsar.

4. Look for another station at or near the Bangsar Shopping Centre (probably called Bangsar Utara)

5. There will probably be another station at Bangsar Baru

6. The line will follow Lorong Maarof and pass between the Maybank and UOA buildings.

6a. The open car park between the 2 buildings is a likely site for another station (Bangsar or Bangsar Selatan) that would integrate the two lines.

6b. The platform would probably stretch across Jalan Bangsar so there could be a second entrace on the other side of Jalan Bangsar.

6c. At this point, a KTM Komuter station at Bangsar (limited service) begins to make sense.

Brickfields Routing

1. There is an open space between Jalan Ang Seng 3 and Jalan Ang Seng 4

2. After this, there is a school field

2a. In order to pass the school field the tunnel would pass under a Hindu Kuil - possibly a source of tension if demolition is required.

3. After the school field, the line can follow Jalan Tun Sambanthan to NU Sentral/KL Sentral/Brickfields station.

By this point they should probably rename KL Sentral as Brickfields-KL Sentral...

sounds like "King's Cross - St. Pancras"

Cheers, m
This is really informative!!!
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #25
salemgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

Any Google Earth draw up of the KD-Cheras line available online?
salemgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #26
allurban
All Urban
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4,421
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
when the xpected completion???
How about focusing on the expected starting. The project is part of the 10MP and should start by 2011 or 2012 if lucky. The reason is simple - the route still has to be approved, the design and drawings have to be done, major decisions have to be made etc. etc.

Look for about 4-5 years to complete this line depending on the length of the underground tunnel. Remember, this is an MRT length not LRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
will the Kota Damansara line go along Persiaran Surian, passing by Mutiara Damansara area?
Yes that is the intended route. Also, the Kota Damansara line will be extended to Sg. Buloh (but Im not sure if it will be integrated with the KTM station).
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post
Any Google Earth draw up of the KD-Cheras line available online?
I will be posting one to the TRANSIT website soon - http://transitmy.org. Look for it today or tomorrow.

Cheers, m
__________________
Follow TRANSIT - the Association for the Improvement of Mass-Transit

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #27
salemgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

This is my third message on SSC but I've been an avid follower of threads, especially pertaining to "mass transit" in the Klang Valley.
Even though I'm not a Malaysian (people classify me as an expat even though I hate this denomination) I feel deeply concerned about all aspects of life in Malaysia. Indeed, I love this place dearly and adamently want to see Malaysia as a whole succeed both economically and socially.

I could of, like most expats, have a car and live either in KLCC, Bangsar or Mont' Kiara. However, I vehemently refused to engage in such senseless lifestyle and wanted to be in touch with the 'real' Malaysia. I live close to General Hospital KL and use public transportation all the time, everyday, rain or shine, storm or calm, haze or clear. I am also a very frequent user of KTM (I visit my friends who live close to UPM, Serdang, Kajang or Seremban). So to a certain extent, and if I may, I share a lot of the sorrows many Malaysians have to endure when using public transportation. And still, I'm way better off than most Malaysians commuting: indeed, if things start getting too hard and depressing in KL, I can always fly back home. But I feel most sorry for the hundreds of commuters I have talked to already: this is their (your) home and are here to stay even if the transportation should one day (let's hope not) become a complete cluster of chaos.

We all know what the shortcomings in the current Monorail, LRT lines are and their horrendous 'integration'. I do not know how many times I've had to help out blind or disabled people up, down, round the numerous stairs and congestion. Even more shocking, while Malaysians are by FAR more courteous than Americans (I am American), the rudeness of Malaysians is shocking when it comes to mass transit. Where does all the generosity and patience disappear all of a sudden? I've seen so many times old veiled women, old men with their Muslim hats getting thrown and pushed around rudely. What hurts even more is that more and more people think it's normal or do not even pay attention. How many times have we all seen punk youngsters listening to their loud music through the iPod, impolitely sitting in the LRT/Monorail while pregnant women or the elderly have to stand... It hurts even more knowing that Malaysia is, to an extent, a place that values family, respect. At least much more so than Europeans and North Americans do. But again, in the LRT/Monorail I've seen the ugliest side of people out here, way uglier than back 'home'.

Allurban, you seem to be well acquainted with the works on the new MRT line: is there any word or rumor about special attention given this time to the elderly and ENFORCING such disgusting behavior: having seats CLEARLY designated to impaired people. Will there be integrated police stations in some of the new MRT stations to enforce the chaos?

A lot of people keep saying Singapore is years ahead of KL/Malaysia. I believe both are on par, but the only difference is that when Singapore has an idea, it is successfully enforces the latter.

Again, I apologize for ranting and I am in no way a 'troll', but I just shared my frustrations and hope that the future line will be a lot more friendly to the dear Malaysians who can't walk as easily as most of us can... Any country can build infrastructure, but "comprehensive" infrastructure is a whole other story...

Thanks all and forgive me if I have offended anyone... this is obviously not the intention!

Last edited by salemgh; August 17th, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
salemgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #28
allurban
All Urban
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4,421
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post
Allurban, you seem to be well acquainted with the works on the new MRT line: is there any word or rumor about special attention given this time to the elderly and ENFORCING such disgusting behavior: having seats CLEARLY designated to impaired people. Will there be integrated police stations in some of the new MRT stations to enforce the chaos?
Salem, welcome to the forum and thanks for your observations. Regarding the MRT, I do not think that planning has gotten down to that level of detail yet - but I think it would be a great idea to integrate services and work on customer service programs, customer security programs and courtesy programs.

Hopefully the concept of the "Station Master" will be implemented in the new line, where all issues and concerns can be dealt with by one person, while technology can handle the more mundane tasks like ticket vending, updating Touch N Go cards, etc.

Cheers, m
__________________
Follow TRANSIT - the Association for the Improvement of Mass-Transit

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #29
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
 
Lastresorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Malaysia untuk Orang Malaysia
Posts: 1,591
Likes (Received): 2

Is the Dsara-Cheras line a LRT or MRT? I'm confused...
__________________
Towards A Home Where Dreams Soar. Towards A Nation of Justice and Equality.


- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #30
salemgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

Allurban and others,

I retraced your MRT line on Google Earth and compared it with other transit (KJ, Ampang, KL Monorail) lines.
I made a few observations and correct me if I'm wrong on each one

-Bangsar Station: MRT and Kelana Jaya will be fully integrated
-KL Sentral/NU Sentral: KL Monorail and MRT will share NU Sentral which will have a pedestrian bridge to KL Sentral
-Pasar Seni: MRT and Kelana Jaya will be fully integrated
-Masjid Jamek: MRT, Kelana Jaya and Ampang will all be fully integrated (potential big hub for all rail lines)
-*Pavilion MRT station integrated to Pavilion Shopping Center(?)*
-Bukit Bintang: KL Monorail and MRT will be integrated
-Imbi: KL Monorail and MRT could be partially integrated (walkbridge possible or the stations would be too far out?)
-Pudu: Ampang and MRT could be partially intergrated (walkbridge possible or the stations would be too far out?)

May you please share what you think for each speculation I made based on Google Earth?

Last edited by salemgh; August 18th, 2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added information
salemgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #31
aniqasyranie
Registered User
 
aniqasyranie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kuantan-Ipoh
Posts: 419
Likes (Received): 0

what is the difference between mrt and lrt?
aniqasyranie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #32
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 78,942
Likes (Received): 2088

Light Rail Transit (LRT) is a form of urban rail public transportation that generally has a lower capacity and lower speed than heavy rail and metro systems (Mass Rapid Transit: MRT)
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #33
Dr Jake
Registered User
 
Dr Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: USJ, Putrajaya, KL
Posts: 266
Likes (Received): 3

If MRT, then I'm just hoping that the front car design doesn't look flat. It's fugly. I'm so superficial.
Dr Jake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #34
YeahWho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 261
Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post
This is my third message on SSC but I've been an avid follower of threads, especially pertaining to "mass transit" in the Klang Valley.
Even though I'm not a Malaysian (people classify me as an expat even though I hate this denomination) I feel deeply concerned about all aspects of life in Malaysia. Indeed, I love this place dearly and adamently want to see Malaysia as a whole succeed both economically and socially.

I could of, like most expats, have a car and live either in KLCC, Bangsar or Mont' Kiara. However, I vehemently refused to engage in such senseless lifestyle and wanted to be in touch with the 'real' Malaysia. I live close to General Hospital KL and use public transportation all the time, everyday, rain or shine, storm or calm, haze or clear. I am also a very frequent user of KTM (I visit my friends who live close to UPM, Serdang, Kajang or Seremban). So to a certain extent, and if I may, I share a lot of the sorrows many Malaysians have to endure when using public transportation. And still, I'm way better off than most Malaysians commuting: indeed, if things start getting too hard and depressing in KL, I can always fly back home. But I feel most sorry for the hundreds of commuters I have talked to already: this is their (your) home and are here to stay even if the transportation should one day (let's hope not) become a complete cluster of chaos.

We all know what the shortcomings in the current Monorail, LRT lines are and their horrendous 'integration'. I do not know how many times I've had to help out blind or disabled people up, down, round the numerous stairs and congestion. Even more shocking, while Malaysians are by FAR more courteous than Americans (I am American), the rudeness of Malaysians is shocking when it comes to mass transit. Where does all the generosity and patience disappear all of a sudden? I've seen so many times old veiled women, old men with their Muslim hats getting thrown and pushed around rudely. What hurts even more is that more and more people think it's normal or do not even pay attention. How many times have we all seen punk youngsters listening to their loud music through the iPod, impolitely sitting in the LRT/Monorail while pregnant women or the elderly have to stand... It hurts even more knowing that Malaysia is, to an extent, a place that values family, respect. At least much more so than Europeans and North Americans do. But again, in the LRT/Monorail I've seen the ugliest side of people out here, way uglier than back 'home'.

Allurban, you seem to be well acquainted with the works on the new MRT line: is there any word or rumor about special attention given this time to the elderly and ENFORCING such disgusting behavior: having seats CLEARLY designated to impaired people. Will there be integrated police stations in some of the new MRT stations to enforce the chaos?

A lot of people keep saying Singapore is years ahead of KL/Malaysia. I believe both are on par, but the only difference is that when Singapore has an idea, it is successfully enforces the latter.

Again, I apologize for ranting and I am in no way a 'troll', but I just shared my frustrations and hope that the future line will be a lot more friendly to the dear Malaysians who can't walk as easily as most of us can... Any country can build infrastructure, but "comprehensive" infrastructure is a whole other story...

Thanks all and forgive me if I have offended anyone... this is obviously not the intention!
I share your concerns. I'm especially disturbed when seeing that no one seems bother to line up to get in the train. Everyone just squeezes in the crowd. I hope there would be law enforcer on duty to fine those who don't/refuse to line up. Doing this a few times and i bet people will start to drop their bad habit.

Also, every public transportation facility in the country should be equiped with escalators (both ways) and lift if it requires people to move from one floor to another. There are still some stations which don't have those basic facilities. For instance, Bandar Tasek Selatan station only has stairs. Masjid Jamek interchange station only has escalator going up. This is base on my last experience in 2005/6. I hope they upgrade that.

Also, all toilets in every station should be free. Those money collected for ticket fares should be able to cover the cost of maintaining clean toilets.
YeahWho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #35
allurban
All Urban
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4,421
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemgh View Post
Allurban and others,

I retraced your MRT line on Google Earth and compared it with other transit (KJ, Ampang, KL Monorail) lines.
I made a few observations and correct me if I'm wrong on each one

-Bangsar Station: MRT and Kelana Jaya will be fully integrated
-KL Sentral/NU Sentral: KL Monorail and MRT will share NU Sentral which will have a pedestrian bridge to KL Sentral
-Pasar Seni: MRT and Kelana Jaya will be fully integrated
-Masjid Jamek: MRT, Kelana Jaya and Ampang will all be fully integrated (potential big hub for all rail lines)
-*Pavilion MRT station integrated to Pavilion Shopping Center(?)*
-Bukit Bintang: KL Monorail and MRT will be integrated
-Imbi: KL Monorail and MRT could be partially integrated (walkbridge possible or the stations would be too far out?)
-Pudu: Ampang and MRT could be partially intergrated (walkbridge possible or the stations would be too far out?)

May you please share what you think for each speculation I made based on Google Earth?
Salem, please note that it is not my design - this line was already made available on google earth and can be saved to the "my places" feature on Google Earth. Also, please note that the proposal in the Star may me different from the final design.

To look at your questions, first we need to know, what does "fully integrated" mean to you? Does it mean that the lines will share the same track and platform? Or be built on different levels?

Bangsar LRT will be close to the MRT but it will be a tight fit

KL Monorail and the MRT will both be connected to NU Sentral by a bridge. At present the design for the MRT is to be elevated through brickfields - the portal for the tunnel will be near the Brickfields YMCA ... However, according to the Prasarana MD, they would be happy to tunnel from Pusat Bandar Damansara through Bangsar and Brickfields and KL - but the cost would be much much higher.

I do not think the MRT will reach Masjid Jamek but it may come close to the south end of Pasar Seni

I expect there will be a station at Jalan Raja Chulan and Jalan Sultan Ismail but I do not know if the MRT will go around Pavillion or reach Imbi and Hang Tuah as shown in the aerial photo.

Sorry I have no more info than that...

Cheers, m
__________________
Follow TRANSIT - the Association for the Improvement of Mass-Transit

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #36
allurban
All Urban
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4,421
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniqasyranie View Post
what is the difference between mrt and lrt?
LRT - Light Rail Transit or Light Rapid Transit; MRT - Mass-Rail Transit

"MRT and "LRT" are terms used to describe metro-type rail transit systems in Asia.

LRT is the more flexible term, used in different ways to describe rapid transit systems. The "light" generally refers to the cost of the infrastructure, engineering, and the capacity of the system.

In the North American and European context, "LRT" is used to describe systems that are closer to tram systems, running on segregated right of way.

In the Asian context, "LRT" is used to describe a metro-type system that has lower capacity than a "MRT" system but may have similar design and engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastresorter View Post
Is the Dsara-Cheras line a LRT or MRT? I'm confused...
MRT and LRT are both being used to describe the line. But they are leaning towards MRT.

Right now we can say that the line is an "LRT" line being planned for 4-carriage trains, with a capacity of 32,000 passengers per direction per hour. But we also know that it is being extended to Sg. Buloh KTM station.

Without seeing the demand projections, the 4-carriage LRT is the least that we will get.

The main question is, if they go towards an "MRT" standard, will the line get bigger and will it switch to a new technology?

Since it makes sense to keep on using the existing "LRT" technology (because all the mechanics and workers are trained on "LRT" and the workshops are designed for "LRT") - the line may be built as an "LRT" with narrower cars, but with longer station platforms and space for longer trains ...

8 -carriage versions of the Kelana Jaya line?

Right now we do not know what will happen because the projections are being kept quiet.

But since the line is going to be tunnelled, the advantages of "LRT" are there.

The Kelana Jaya trains do have a slight advantage, with steerable axles (allowing tighter turns) and the ability to climb steeper grades (or so Bombardier claims) ... and the potential for integration of the "MRT" with the existing Kelana Jaya line

Cheers, m
__________________
Follow TRANSIT - the Association for the Improvement of Mass-Transit

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #37
aniqasyranie
Registered User
 
aniqasyranie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kuantan-Ipoh
Posts: 419
Likes (Received): 0

tq for the information
aniqasyranie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #38
allurban
All Urban
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4,421
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniqasyranie View Post
tq for the information
You are welcome

We are trying to create a repository of info about public transport on our website, at http://transitmy.org/information/ but it is a long process and we need people's help to find links and resources.

We do have a good link on Light Rail (from the north american perspective) from the International Association of Transit Professionals - UITP - http://www.uitp.org/Public-Transport...rail/index.cfm

Cheers, m
__________________
Follow TRANSIT - the Association for the Improvement of Mass-Transit

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM   #39
mrtfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,136
Likes (Received): 40

It may be a better idea to have the line tunnel from PBD to the other end where the exit portal is proposed. Would you think it would be better for them to split the project into two phases, each to be commissioned separately? For example, taking Sungai Buloh to NU KL Sentral as stage 1 and NU KL Sentral to Cheras as stage 2, stage 1 could begin construction earlier and have its own team to work on the project. It could have its own theme for station designs to revolve around, meeting certain standard criteria set - for instance, location of elevators and escalators to provide disabled friendliness.

Stage 2 could also have its own team and start construction perhaps a year later, allowing the section to be commissioned a year later too. Similarly, it could have station designs revolving around a theme unique to this section. With different commissioning dates, the line might be able to be implemented quicker than if the project were undertaken at an entire stretch. Turn around facilities could be provided at key stations, especially along the underground stretch as well, should there be a service disruption that may affect the underground portion. The current KJL does not have cross-over facilities in its underground section which may impede operations if a disruption occurs at any of those 5 stations.
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM   #40
patchay
Registered User
 
patchay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Brisbane
Posts: 12,993
Likes (Received): 1147

Based on the maps I believe the route is as follows:

Alignment of the proposed Mass Rapid Transit between Kota Damansara and Cheras scheduled for implementation beginning 2011 to 2014:

1. Sg Buloh KTM Link (Proposed Extension)
2. Kota Damansara - Segi College
3. Persiaran Surian
4. Mutiara Damansara
5. Bandar Utama - 1U LDP
6. Taman Tun Dr Ismail - Pizza Hut/Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi
7. Sprint Highway - Phileo Damansara
8. Pusat Bandar Damansara - HelpUCollege
9. Jalan Maarof - Bukit Bandaraya Bangsar
10. Bangsar - Dataran Maybank (LRT - KJ Line)
11. Nu Sentral (LRT - KJ Line, Monorail)
12. Pasar Seni South (LRT - KJ Line)
13. Masjid Jamek (LRT - KJ Line, LRT - Ampang Line)
14. Bukit Nanas - Jalan Raja Chulan
15. Pavilion KL
16. Bukit Bintang (Monorail)
17. Jalan Pudu - Berjaya Times Square
18. Bulatan Pudu - Pudu Pasar/Police Station/Ezone Park
19. Taman Maluri/Miharja (LRT - Ampang Line)
20. Jalan Cheras Batu 4 - Stadium Badminton
21. Taman Midah Cheras Roundabout - Tesco Extra Cheras
22. Taman Segar - Cheras Leisure Mall
23. Taman Connaught - Plaza Phoenix
24. Cheras Batu 9 - Kampung Sungai Raya
25. Kampung Batu 11 - Grand Saga Toll
26. Balakong - Aeon Cheras Selatan
27. Bandar Tun Hussein Onn

Quote:
The alignment, made available to The Star, showed the new line running from Kota Damansara along Persiaran Surian to the Damansara-Puchong Expressway and then heading towards the city centre along the Sprint Expressway, through Bangsar Baru and Jalan Bangsar.

It will then run parallel to the existing Kelana Jaya LRT line (formerly Putra-LRT) to KL Sentral, Pasar Seni and Masjid Jamek before heading to the Golden Triangle along Jalan Raja Chulan.

The route will then pass Pasar Rakyat in Bukit Bintang and then Jalan Tun Razak where it will join Jalan Cheras.

It will continue along the road and the Cheras-Kajang Expressway to the Balakong interchange near Cheras Batu 11.

Passengers will be able to switch with the existing Kelana Jaya LRT line at Bangsar, KL Sentral, Pasar Seni and Masjid Jamek; and the Ampang LRT line (formerly Star-LRT) at Masjid Jamek and Maluri.

There will be around 30 stations along the line, including the interchange stations.
__________________
Quote:
THE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS COMPILATION (LATEST: SEP'2014) >>> PAGE 1 >>> PAGE 2 (Suburb)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare

Last edited by patchay; August 21st, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
metro, mrt

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu