daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #101
hshouse

Likes (Received): 0

Hello Everyone,

I am curious if there are any investors that have a problem with keeping up with the payments of any units.

Has the current financial crisis affected anyone's payments ?
hshouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM   #102
hshouse

It means nobody have not problem with payment , So every body paid ?
All developer and all project its going to chenge plan for payment and help to costomer But RAK properties ????????!!!!!!!
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM   #103
Palm-Host

Likes (Received): 4

Mine are 50% paid and there is 50% to be paid when complete.
The Payment plans for these were really good so no real problems!
Palm-Host no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM   #104
hshouse

sure you lucky man , i didnt pay for 2 last payment because problem about money.
they not give you time for finding money , whereas they not start any constraction about apartment
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:57 PM   #105
davidbht

Show Home Ready www.minaalarab.net
davidbht no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #106
johnboy

I struggled to make the 3rd payment. Did not get much pressure from RAK Properties to hurry the payment. Eventually paid full amount 4 months after scheduled date. Had hoped that they would not fine me but they have.

From the pictures on the mina website it seems like they are moving quite fast with the villa's.
I have an apartment in building 20. I reckon they will start on this building last. Will be suprised if they complete by next year as they still are declaring.

As long as lagoon is accessible which it should be ( as it is already completed) then the ambience facilities should be good enough until they complete the other phases. If they ever do?!
johnboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #107
Palm-Host

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/56692...ures-150m-loan

Some good news!

Although I didn´t realise they needed a loan to complete this project, some extra liquidity can´t be bad!
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM   #108
Palm-Host

Does anyone know if they have started work on the apartments yet? any pics of the area? and any more updates on the hotels and leisure in this development?
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #109
Jasmine's Dad

RAK Plans to Halt Parts of $3.3 Billion Project

By Zainab Fattah
Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- RAK Properties PJSC, the developer that built Ras Al Khaimah’s first man-made islands, is halting parts of a 12 billion-dirham ($3.3 billion) project until market conditions improve, the chief executive officer said.
Parts of Mina Al Arab, a beach resort in the northern part of the United Arab Emirates, that haven’t been sold will be halted, Mohammed Sultan Al Qathi said in an interview last week. The developments on hold include hotels, a marina and a shopping center, Al Qathi said.
“We were dreaming of having 11 hotels; now we will go with maybe four,” Al Qathi said. “If the market improves, we will go ahead and build that” as well as the marina and retail space, he said. The development also includes office buildings.
The global financial crisis led to a slump in demand for real estate across the Middle East. About 400 projects worth more than $300 billion were put on hold or canceled in the U.A.E., Proleads Group said in July.
Infrastructure work at Mina Al Arab, which covers 2.8 million square meters, will be completed by the end of this year at a cost of 700 million dirhams, Al Qathi said.
About 70 percent of the company’s projects have been sold, while the rest have been retained “to ensure continuation of revenue,” the CEO said.
Jasmine's Dad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #110
UnhappyMinaOwner

Has anyone managed to get a mortgage on Mina al arab yet? (assuming you have all paid your 45% deposits which I hear many people haven't managed to). I live in the europe and have been told there are no lenders for this development so if you have the same problem then there is a big problem coming when RAK Properties want to collect their 55% !
UnhappyMinaOwner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #111
sandyb
sandyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyMinaOwner View Post
Has anyone managed to get a mortgage on Mina al arab yet? (assuming you have all paid your 45% deposits which I hear many people haven't managed to). I live in the europe and have been told there are no lenders for this development so if you have the same problem then there is a big problem coming when RAK Properties want to collect their 55% !
Who said you can get a mortgage in the first place?

UAE properties dont work that way. You need to complete first before any bacnks will give you a mortgage!!
sandyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #112
Foesad

Not sure what you're talking about. Got a mortgage for Mina Al Arab for 75% of the purchase price through HSBC over a year ago.
Foesad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #113
Morrismarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foesad View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. Got a mortgage for Mina Al Arab for 75% of the purchase price through HSBC over a year ago.
I'm sure you did........this was pre credit crunch and property crash !!
Morrismarina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #114
davidbht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrismarina View Post
I'm sure you did........this was pre credit crunch and property crash !!
I have heard that NBD BANK IN ABU DHABI,are offering mortgages,however valuations of 2.1milAED for a villa which some customers have paid 4.2 mil AED for is not a good position.
As RaK Props increased the prices throughout every month in 2007 people will be facing negative equity on villas and townhouses when they are released at the end of 2009.
94 villas will be released to their owners in Dec 09,with a very large % will have the negative equity from day one.with punters who will have paid 45% with 55% on completion
THE BIG QUESTION IS (HOW MANY WILL COMPLETE OR WALK AWAY)
I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THE FUTURE OF THIS SITE HAS SERIOUS PROBLEMS
davidbht no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #115
UnhappyMinaOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbht View Post
I have heard that NBD BANK IN ABU DHABI,are offering mortgages,however valuations of 2.1milAED for a villa which some customers have paid 4.2 mil AED for is not a good position.
As RaK Props increased the prices throughout every month in 2007 people will be facing negative equity on villas and townhouses when they are released at the end of 2009.
94 villas will be released to their owners in Dec 09,with a very large % will have the negative equity from day one.with punters who will have paid 45% with 55% on completion
As I see it, this development is heading into serious trouble. RAK Props announced that they aren't now going to build anywhere near the amount of hotels they originally planned and the mall will also not be built. So, when we are in our nice villas or town houses and want to go out somewhere or buy some food, where on earth are we supposed to go? The place will be like a ghost town.
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #116
UnhappyMinaOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbht View Post
Also, if you're non resident, my experience is that there are no banks who will now lend. I've spoken to quite a number of agents who tell me my villa at 4.54M was totally over priced and realistically its only worth about 2.1M. So even if I did get a mortgage for the remaining 55%, it will be based on 2.1M which doesn't help. If you speak to RAK Props customer services they simply don't want to know. For anyone with a 75% mortgage based on the original price you paid then when it comes to get your mortgage and paying RAK Props you may be in for a big surprise !
Apparently there are lots of other investors there experiencing the same problems. How about on this forum?
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #117
Cayman

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyMinaOwner View Post
As I see it, this development is heading into serious trouble. RAK Props announced that they aren't now going to build anywhere near the amount of hotels they originally planned and the mall will also not be built. So, when we are in our nice villas or town houses and want to go out somewhere or buy some food, where on earth are we supposed to go? The place will be like a ghost town.
Al Hamra mall is less than 5 minutes drive. There is a full sized Spinneys there.
Cayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #118
Palm-Host

Does anyone know how the apartment blocks are getting along? Are they out of the ground yet? They're supposed to be handing over in August, of course never going to happen but does anyone know what it's looking like yet?
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #119
Palm-Host

Just spoke to RAK Properties, apparently the apartments in the Lagoons area have started construction last month. The company building them have a 16 month contract so they reckon March 2011 will be handover time! so looks like we may get them in summer 2011, hopefully things will be better by the then!
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #120
gujji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm-Host View Post
Just spoke to RAK Properties, apparently the apartments in the Lagoons area have started construction last month. The company building them have a 16 month contract so they reckon March 2011 will be handover time! so looks like we may get them in summer 2011, hopefully things will be better by the then!

I received an email from RAK regarding Building 4 - precinct 2. It states:

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Reference to your email regarding the above mentioned subject, I would like to inform you that construction of Building no. 4 has already been commenced.

As per the Sale and Purchase Agreement, the anticipated completion date of your apartment is August 2010.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar
Sales Admin Executive

I don't know if the building will be completed by August 2010. but as far as i can see, most projects in RAK are in full flow compared to Dubai where they have stopped.
gujji no está en línea   Reply With Quote