daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 18th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #741
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1075

KL- Ipoh 1 jam 55 minit

http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/conten...i&pg=in_01.htm
rizalhakim está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 18th, 2009, 07:37 AM   #742
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post

Untuk permulaan, perkhidmatan kereta api ETS melibatkan perjalanan Ipoh-Kuala Lumpur-Seremban. Ia bakal dipanjangkan ke laluan Ipoh-Padang Besar di Perlis serta Seremban-Gemas di Negeri Sembilan apabila landasan berkembar elektrik di laluan itu siap pada tahun 2013. ETS mampu menawarkan perkhidmatan pada kelajuan 140 kilometer sejam (140kmj).
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #743
tunomura

Likes (Received): 44

ETS (Use as rapid service for inter capital city e.g Seremban-KL-Ipoh-Butterworth-Alor Setar-Arau) plus with Komuter internal system for each states....KTM is moving on right track. Hence, the main target/kpi must be "KTM KOMUTER FIRST" and ETS only just as a supplement

tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #744
aseania
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Seremban-Gemas EDT

Taken from http://www.dasazman.com

i hope KTM will not demolish the old station as it is a nostalgic heritage station. even my cousin took her weeding photography around that station! haha, looks so romantic tho...
aseania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #745
nazrey

From flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM   #746
nazrey

KTM railway track @ JB

image hosted on flickr
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #747
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

On the fast track to Ipoh
By SARBAN SINGH

SEREMBAN: Rail commuters will be able to travel from here to Ipoh in less than three hours when Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) introduces its inter-city express train service (ETS) from April 1.

The premium service, which will among others have wi-fi services, will only stop at major stations along the way.

A source said KTMB had already received a new set of the trains from South Korea and trial runs were expected to begin in the coming weeks.

“Since the train has a maximum speed of 120kph and is built based on the latest technology, commuters will be able to get from one point to another quicker,” he said.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat is scheduled to launch the service in Kuala Lumpur today.

The source said KTMB would get four more train sets by February.

“Each train will have six coaches which can accommodate some 300 sitting passengers,” he said.

KTMB introduced the normal Kuala Lumpur-Ipoh shuttle service beginning December last year. The journey between Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh takes about three hours.

However, the new train set has a diesel-run locomotive with inter-city coaches.

It is understood that the ETS will, among others, stop at the Nilai/KLIA, Bandar Tasek Selatan, KL Sentral, Tg Malim, Tapah, Kampar and Batu Gajah stations.

With the ETS, the travelling time from Seremban to Kuala Lumpur will be 45 minutes while the KL-Ipoh route will take about two hours and 10 minutes.

The source said the new train set will look like an upgraded version of the present KTM Komuter trains.

“It will have comfortable seats and brightly lit coaches.

“The seats will also be spacious,” he said.

The source said since it was a premium service, commuters must be prepared to pay more to travel on the train.

“This is a departure from the old mode of rail travel.

“We want commuters to feel even more comfortable and to be able to do work while in the train,” he said, adding that the proposed fare had yet to be approved by the Transport Ministry.

It is understood that the service will begin at 5am with the last being at 10pm at two-hour intervals.
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #748
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

info on ETS handover

http://transitmy.org/2009/12/16/ktm-...-ets-handover/ for images, video, postings, articles etc. related to the ETS handover.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #749
AFL

Likes (Received): 39

I am looking forward to board the ETS train. hmmm, maybe next time I may just take ETS to KL Sentral from northern Malaysia.
AFL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #750
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 1336

ETS top speed, 140 km/h

TWK90 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #751
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFL View Post
I am looking forward to board the ETS train. hmmm, maybe next time I may just take ETS to KL Sentral from northern Malaysia.
By 2012 you should be able to take ETS service up to Penang and Sg. Petani.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #752
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 58

Really? With 5 sets, I dunno if that would be possible.

Recently took the Antarabandar from KL Sentral to Singapore and passed the double-tracking work to Gemas. The work really slows down the trains' speed eh? Did that happen for the Ipoh double tracking too? Anyway, Senawang halt has one platform up already with the roofing starting to be built up. Its a pity that they will actually rebuild the Rembau, Tampin, Batang Melaka and Gemas stations. There's no way to simply modernise the stations? Gave a sort of nostalgic feel to the ride. Its not going to be the same much longer. Granted, ETS will be nice, but it will be a thing of the past riding the intercity as it is. Even if the trains and coaches still operate, the stations looking different subtracts away from the overall feel. Will post a few pictures of the double tracking segment when I can. Its mostly earth being moved around and a lot of drainage work going on.

Oh, also... Didn't see this mentioned here. KTM Komuter now stops at Platform 2 and 3 in the Kuala Lumpur station (effective 18 Dec) instead of Platforms 2a and 3a in the Kuala Lumpur station extension. Entry is through the existing entrances but with a rather long walk to the waiting area for the trains. Also, you can't access the platform through the underpass anymore if I'm not wrong. Not even the ramp one.
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:05 AM   #753
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 1336

What happened when Rawang-Ipoh electrified double tracking was under construction...were:

- Ekspres Rakyat (Singapore-Butterworth) was suspended.

- 10-hour line block during construction

I think KTM should (or may) order more ETS to expansion to the south and the north....
TWK90 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #754
dengilo

Likes (Received): 908

[QUOTE=mrtfreak. Its a pity that they will actually rebuild the Rembau, Tampin, Batang Melaka and Gemas stations. There's no way to simply modernise the stations? Gave a sort of nostalgic feel to the ride. Its not going to be the same much longer.

I totally agree with u there!That s what i dont understand with KTM ,Its not the stations that care for but get me to where i want to go on time and pronto
As long as the stations are clean and comfortable is good enough,I dont see the europeans or australians spending so much on their stations unless its a major interchange!I will surely miss tampin and gemas station.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:54 AM   #755
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

27 extra train services for New Year revellers

PETALING JAYA: KTM Komuter is providing an additional 27 train services till early tomorrow to accommodate those intending to celebrate New Year.

The extra services for the Seremban-Rawang and Sentul-Port Klang routes will run at a frequency of between 20 and 30 minutes.

Among the additional services would be the train from KL Sentral to Sentul. The last train on the route will leave at 2.03am, KTM Bhd said in a statement yesterday. The last train from KL Sentral to Seremban will leave at 2.04am.

KTMB advised commuters to buy return tickets to avoid congestion at the ticketing machines for their trip home.

KTMB said it was also offering a special KTM Komuter Weekend Pass in conjunction with the New Year’s celebration this week.

The pass allowed the holder unlimited travelling on Jan 1-3 next year. It is priced at RM20 for adults and RM10 for children.

Passes are available at KTM Komuter ticketing counters starting Jan 1.

For more information, contact the KTM call centre at 1300-88-KTMB or 1-300-88-5862 or visit the nearest KTM Komuter Station.
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #756
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 6

KTMB to open tender for 36 EMU trains worth RM2bil

BUTTERWORTH: Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) expects to open tender for the purchase of 36 electric multiple unit (EMU) trains worth RM2 billion in the next three to six months.

Its President, Dr Aminuddin Adnan, said KTMB was looking at prospective suppliers from international companies in Europe, China and Japan.

"We want to speed up the process as want to acquire the EMU in 2012," he told reporters after a ceremony here on Monday to handover cheques to squatters affected by the Ipoh-Padang Besar doubletrack electric railway project.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat officiated the event where 134 squatters received cash consolation amounting to a total of RM42,000.

On the EMU, Ong said the potential EMU to be purchased would have six compartments.

The present EMU trains used by the railway company come with three compartments.

The EMU train should have a speed of 100-120/kmh, Ong said.

"Apart from buying new EMU trains, we also have to repair and refurbish the existing EMU to ensure comfort for passengers," he said. - Bernama

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...1&sec=business

forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #757
tunomura

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestcat View Post
KTMB to open tender for 36 EMU trains worth RM2bil

BUTTERWORTH: Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) expects to open tender for the purchase of 36 electric multiple unit (EMU) trains worth RM2 billion in the next three to six months.

Its President, Dr Aminuddin Adnan, said KTMB was looking at prospective suppliers from international companies in Europe, China and Japan.

"We want to speed up the process as want to acquire the EMU in 2012," he told reporters after a ceremony here on Monday to handover cheques to squatters affected by the Ipoh-Padang Besar doubletrack electric railway project.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat officiated the event where 134 squatters received cash consolation amounting to a total of RM42,000.

On the EMU, Ong said the potential EMU to be purchased would have six compartments.

The present EMU trains used by the railway company come with three compartments.

The EMU train should have a speed of 100-120/kmh, Ong said.

"Apart from buying new EMU trains, we also have to repair and refurbish the existing EMU to ensure comfort for passengers," he said. - Bernama

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...1&sec=business

Great news ever!!

Hopefully, they got good tender from Asian (not from China) maker, Rotem of Korea, Kawasaki-Hitachi and Kinki Sharyo of Japan. European maker have good technology but expensive to maintain.

By the way, after they receive 36 new 6-cars (class 84 i think) trainset in next two years, they can start Komuter Utara by using old 3-cars class 81, 82 or 83. Komuter Selatan maybe after Gemas-JB EDT completed in 2016.

tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #758
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 6

I believe the EMUs would look exactly like the ETS.The ETS manufacturers have manufactured 2 batches of EMUs for KTMB. Marubeni and Rotem are the obvious winners.Not very keen with Chinese EMUs since we already had trouble with their Dalian locos. Not sure about European EMUs, we had good operational history with the Desiro for the ERL.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #759
nazrey

Government wants all-inclusive maintenance for EMUs
Tuesday January 5, 2010

BUKIT MERTAJAM: The Government wants a comprehensive maintenance approach for KTMB’s electric multiple units (EMUs).

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat said besides securing new EMUs, there was a need to refurbish existing units.

He also said that the width of railway tracks in Malaysia was too narrow for high-speed trains travelling at 250kph and above.

“Our tracks are narrower compared to many standard tracks that are being used extensively all over the world. So we cannot expect our trains to move at such a high speed.

“That is not going to be stable,” he said after presenting ex-gratia cheques to some squatters here yesterday.

Ong was responding to Chinese newspaper reports of a proposal to build high-speed maglev tracks.

KTMB president Dr Aminuddin Adnan said it would call for an open tender for the procurement of 38 EMUs within the next three to six months.

He said KTMB wanted to purchase the six-car EMUs, which would cost a total of RM2bil, by 2012 and was looking at countries such as Japan, China and others in Europe for international bidding.

He said the purchase of these new EMUs would double the passenger capacity of KTMB, which currently uses three-car EMUs.

“We are working on a very tight time frame. We hope the trains can be delivered within a period of 18 to 24 months,” he said.

Dr Aminuddin also said that maglev high-speed trains in China were still at its infancy.

“I would rather wait for the second generation trains to come before we seriously look into this. Otherwise, we may be investing in a technology which is still at an early stage.”

Last edited by nazrey; January 5th, 2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #760
nazrey

Pelajar kini boleh dapatkan kad diskaun 50% KTMB
05/01/2010 11:49am

KUALA LUMPUR 5 Jan. – Pelajar tempatan berumur 13 tahun dan ke atas kini boleh mendapatkan kad diskaun 50 peratus Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) untuk perjalanan jarak jauh secara percuma di semua stesen KTMB dan pejabat perkhidmatan antara bandarnya.

Kad diskaun itu yang diumumkan oleh Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak dalam Bajet 2010 untuk membantu pelajar, mula dikeluarkan KTMB sejak semalam.

"Pengeluaran kad ini tertakluk kepada syarat dan kami berikan hanya untuk tempat duduk kelas kedua dan ekonomi sahaja,” kata Pengurus Pemasaran Unit Perniagaan Strategik Perkhidmatan Antara Bandar KTMB, Mohd. Noordin Kimi.

Kad itu layak diperoleh oleh pelajar sama ada mereka di sekolah menengah, institusi pengajian tinggi awam atau swasta, pelajar separuh masa atau pengajian jarak jauh.

"Semua pelajar layak, tidak kira daripada keluarga miskin atau kaya, selagi seseorang itu masih bergelar pelajar tidak kiralah penuntut Sarjana atau Phd., mempunyai kad pelajar dan belajar di dalam Malaysia,” katanya.

Bagaimanapun pelajar dari maktab-maktab perguruan, jururawat, polis, tentera dan juga institut kesihatan perlu membayar harga kad tersebut dengan membayar RM30 setahun, tambahnya.

Untuk maklumat lanjut mengenai kad tersebut, pelajar boleh menghubungi KTMB di talian 03-2279 8852 ataupun mengunjungi laman web www.ktmb.com.my. – Bernama