daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Egypt > Construction, infrastructure & development > Projects & Construction | المشاريع الانشائية > Greater Cairo Metropolitan Area

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM   #1
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 811

CAIRO | Soufraki Centre shopping mall/Sun City shopping mall | 200,000 m2 | Completed | 2013

I am not sure of the name that's why I put a slash.

it's a shopping mall I think that's obvious from the title.

Quote:
The Soufraki Center and Hotel is strategically located south-west of Cairo International Airport in Egypt. There are numerous activities within the centre disbursed, such as: Boutique Hotel, entertainment and shopping experience, a number of gourmet restaurants, coffee shops and cafeterias. It also contains ATM Machines, Public Telephones, Pharmacy, and Bookshops and Information Counters.
or

Quote:
Opening of Sun City shopping mall next to Cairo Airoport. Sun City consists of 7 stories with a total area of 185,000 square meters.
There are numerous activities within the centre disbursed throughout the different levels and the Complex is supported by a multi-storey car park that can accommodate 1,500 vehicles at the same time.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM   #2
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Okey Okey here are the Images/Video

so that's Sixe Levels if I am not mistaken.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the images are not easy to get. I will be print screening them and uploading them so bear with me.

There are 4 Videos I can't find them no where I will download them and upload them please bear a bit with me.

Old February 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM   #3
karimmansour92

Likes (Received): 0

great stuff... hope the design is nice...
karimmansour92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM   #4
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

guys just view the gallery from here

until I have time print screening them. and for the video it doesn't even play for me.

Old February 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM   #5
MASRI

Likes (Received): 37

The exterior design isn't too great. But the interior is pretty nice and huge! But too similar to Citystars, in my opinion.
MASRI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:39 PM   #6
egypt69

Likes (Received): 1402

Wow! Incredible mall, it massive too!

With City Stars, Cairo Festival City, Mall of Arabia, shopping in Egypt will become fantastic, good for tourism, and now Egyptians won't have to travel to Europe or Dubai to get their stuff.

looking forward to those renders.

Oh and btw, the site says Soufraki Centre, so im guessin thats its name.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:41 PM   #7
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

The company under this said Sun City

Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:19 AM   #8
AbouKhaleel

Likes (Received): 15

If this mall is beside Cairo Airport then it's waaaay to close to City Stars (and City Center Mall in Nasr City for that matter).
I don't know why there are literally 10 malls in that area alone: City Stars, City Center, Genena, El-Akkad, Tiba, El-Sirag etc etc....and now this. They are all in a 10 km radius.

That's not to say it's not nice, but being a resident of nasr city I feel the density of malls in the city is going overboard.
I know technically this one is in Heliopolis but really, if it's near Cairo Airport it's less than 10 minutes away from city stars and city center.
AbouKhaleel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:22 AM   #9
egypt69

True, but we need to take the pressure of Citystars, that place is way too corwded most of the time.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #10
Sherif207

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt69 View Post
Wow! Incredible mall, it massive too!

With City Stars, Cairo Festival City, Mall of Arabia, shopping in Egypt will become fantastic, good for tourism, and now Egyptians won't have to travel to Europe or Dubai to get their stuff.

looking forward to those renders.

Oh and btw, the site says Soufraki Centre, so im guessin thats its name.

lol, I dont know about Egyptians not needing to travel to europe and america for shopping.... generally the clothes that are sold in egypt are far more expensive and not the newest line as the rest of the world.... I personally would never buy clothes from city stars.
Sherif207 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:06 AM   #11
egypt69

Neither would I, Citystars is way too expensive. A rip off actually.

I meant the ones that could afford would not have to travel anymore.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:19 AM   #12
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

let be realistic. People who cant aford it. They cant aford to travel anyway.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:50 AM   #13
egypt69

Exactly. good point.
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #14
egypt69

An update on the Construction:

Quote:
Sun City phase 1 construction complete, says HNS

CAIRO: HNS Group announced the completion of the construction works of 85 percent of Sun City phase one, Cairo’s new lifestyle and entertainment complex, which is scheduled to open in September, 2010, the company said in a press conference last week.

With an estimated value of LE 2 billion and approximately 200,000 square meters over seven levels, Sun City phase one will feature a hypermarket Carrefour covering 6,000 square meters, while the 16-cinema complex, operated by Renaissance Cinemas, will occupy around 11,000 square meters.

“We’re very pleased with our progress in Sun City, 50 percent of the mall retail area has already been committed; and we aim to finalize around 85 percent of the total retail leasing around the soft opening in August or September”, said Salah El-Din Soufraki, managing director of HNS Group and the project’s architect.

“We have great partners on board including Carrefour [and] Al-Arabia Cinema for Production and Distribution who will be managing the cinemas under ‘Renaissance’. In addition to Colliers Middle East who will be responsible for the daily management of Sun City to ensure the highest levels of operation for our tenants and visitors alike,” added Soufraki.

HNS says it is in advanced design stages for Sun City phase two with a projected value of approximately LE 1 billion. Spanning over 100,000 square meters, the new phase will offer 30,000 square meters of modern office space and serviced apartments; a 300-room five star hotel, 10,000 square-meter conference center, all surrounded by 10,000 square meters of landscape. Construction works will start towards the end of 2010, and are expected for completion by late 2012, early 2013.

“There is an increasing demand for modern high end office space in Heliopolis and the neighboring areas. When Sun City phase two is finalized, altogether, the office complex, the conference center and the hotel will provide an integrated business destination hub”, commented Soufraki. “The hotel will also be an ideal choice for businessmen and tourists alike, where they could find diverse entertainment and shopping options at Sun City”, concluded Soufraki.

Sun City phase one will offer five levels of approximately 200 retail outlets, Carrefour hypermarket, 16-cinema complex including VIP screens, 28-room boutique hotel, two level circular restaurant and a nightclub. In addition to an exclusive amusement area, casual and formal dining, food court and approximately 2,200 parking spaces on two levels.

Sun City phase 1 will provide over 1,000 new jobs to the local community in various administrative and operational positions. This will have a positive impact on the local economy; and an indirect impact over 20,000 people working in various sectors; while Sun City phase 2 will bring additional employment opportunities to the local community.

In addition to Sun City, HNS Group's investment portfolio in Egypt includes multiple high-end residential projects in Heliopolis, Korba, Dokki and El-Mohandessin. –Daily News Egypt
http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/art...rticleID=29046

Great news, work is going on fast
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #15
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Cool I never though we will ever hear from this project lol. but here is a translation to what the article said in Arabic I think...

مجموعة أتش أن أس تطلق مشروع صن سيتي بالقاهرة بقيمة 2 مليار جنيه

Quote:
أعلنت شركة أتش أن أس، إحدى الشركات العالمية في مجال المقاولات و التطوير العقاري، عن أول مشروع متكامل لها في مصر "صن سيتي"، والذي تقدَر قيمته بملياري جنيه مصري ، على الطريق الدائري في مصر الجديدة. و من المتوقع أن يفتتح "صن سيتي" في أواخر صيف 2010 ، و قد تم تصميمه ليصبح الوجهة الأولى للتسّوق ، و السياحة ، و الترفيه في مصر.

و تمتد مساحة "صن سيتي" المسطحة على 28,000 متر مربع ، و يتميز بموقعه على الطريق الدائري امام مطار القاهرة الدولي ، مع سهولة منافذ الوصول إليه من مناطق مصر الجديدة ومدينة نصر.

و قد صرّح حسين نعمان سوفراكي ، مؤسس و رئيس مجموعة أتش أن أس قائلاً : "نحن فخورون بتقديم "صن سيتي" كعنوان جديد لأسلوب الحياة في مصر ، و نتطلع لجعله الوجهة المفضلة للتسّوُق والترفيه للسكان والزائرين على حد سواء. كما يسرنا أن نعلن عن تعاقدنا مع سلسلة هايبرماركت كارفور مصر، و شركة رينيسانس لإدارة 16 صالة سينما".
و علََق هيرفيه ماجيدييه ، المدير الإقليمي لكارفور قائلاً:" إن كارفور من أكثر سلاسل الهايبرماركت المفضلة والأسرع نمواً في مصر، ونحن سعداء لتقديم كارفور من خلال "صن سيتي". إن شراكتنا مع "صن سيتي" تنسجم تماما مع رؤيتنا لتقديم حلول مبتكرة لعملائنا في أهم المواقع الاستراتيجية."

وسيوفر "صن سيتي"، التي تتجاوز مساحته الكلية 200,000 متر مربع و التي تمتد على سبعة مستويات ، مجموعة متنوعة من الخدمات الترفيهية ، بما في ذلك مركز تجاري يضم 200 محل تحمل علامات تجارية محلية و عالمية معروفة ، و مطاعم تناسب جميع الأذواق ، وقاعة رئيسية تضم مطاعم متنوعة ، و فندق بوتيك يضم 28 جناحاً، و مطعم و ملهى ليلي دائري على طابقين. بالإضافة إلى منطقة مخصصة للترفيه ،و 16 صالة سينما يضم بعضها شاشات VIP لتجربة ترفيهية رائعة، كل ذلك ضمن تحفة معمارية رائعة .

و قال ستيوارت جيسينج ، المدير الإقليمي لإدارة خدمات مبيعات التجزئة والعقارات لشركة كولييرز انترناشيونال في الشرق الأوسط :" من المتوقع أن ينمو سوق التجزئة في مصر بشكلٍ كبير في عامي 2010 و 2011 ، و سيتمكن " صن سيتي " من الاستفادة بشكل كامل من أحدث التطورات في هذا السوق المزدهر. ونحن نتطلع جنباً إلى جنب مع مجموعة أتش أن أس لإطلاق هذا الصرح الجديد لموقعه الاستراتيجي و قدرته التنافسية."

وقد صمم " صن سيتي" على الطراز الحديث بشكل سفينة ، يتوسط بهوه منفذ مباشر يتخلله ضوء الشمس بارتفاع 26 متراً. كما أن المجمع مجهز بأحدث التقنيات و مختلف انظمة السلامة، والأمن ، وميكنة إدارة المباني.

و أضاف سوفراكي قائلاً:" سيوفر "صن سيتي" أكثر من 1000 فرصة عمل جديدة عند افتتاحه، مما سيكون له أثر إيجابي على الاقتصاد المحلي ، وتأثير غير مباشر على أكثر من 20000 شخص يعملون في مختلف القطاعات في مصر" . و اختتم قائلاً:" إن اتش أن أس حالياً في مرحلة متقدمة من التخطيط و التصميم لمجمع جديد مساحته 100,000 متر مربع يضم مكاتباً، وفندقاً، وشققاً سكنية ، بالاضافة الى مرافق خاصة للمؤتمرات. و من المتوقع ان يبدأ بناؤه في أواخر 2010 و الانتهاء منه في عام 2012 ."

Old May 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #16
ifif07

Sun City is the latest addition to the many developments taking place in our capital. After attending a press conference last month,
discussing all what the project has to offer and announcing the launch of the first two phases, there was only one question on many reporters’ mind; is Sun City offering us something different? You decide.

Built on approximately 28,000 square meters of land, Sun City is directly located on the Ring Road in Heliopolis, opposite Cairo International Airport. The project is developed by HNS Group, a leading international contractor and real estate developer. Sun City is HNS’s first mixed-use project in Egypt with an estimated value of two billion Egyptian pounds. The project is expected to open late summer 2010 and is designed to become the ultimate shopping, touristic and entertainment destination in Egypt.

Sun City is set to include 200 retail outlets carrying popular local and international brand labels, restaurants for casual and formal dining, food court, 28-room all suite boutique hotel, two level circular restaurant and a nightclub. In addition to an amusement area, 16 cinemas including VIP screens. The ship-shaped development will provide direct sunlight access to its central atrium through its 26-meter skylights.

“We have signed with a leading hypermarket chain, as well as a 16-cinema complex,” said Hussein Nuaman Soufraki, Founder and Chairman of HNS Group.

Dr. Herve Majidier, Carrefour Country Director, explained during the conference the reasons behind his choice of Sun City. Majidier stated that he is adamant on the concept of free parking for Carrefour shoppers, which is why he refused to open in another mall when the management couldn’t accommodate his request. He also underlined the importance of managing the mall in a professional way, something he sees lacking in many malls in Egypt, yet admired about Sun City.

The expected 5,575-square-meter hypermarket will open in October of this year and is planning to offer more than 390 job opportunities. “We have great partners on board including Al-Arabia Cinema for Production and Distribution who will be managing the cinemas under “Renaissance”. In addition to Colliers Middle East who will be responsible for the daily management of Sun City to ensure the highest levels of operation for our tenants and visitors alike,” added Soufraki.

Mohamed Amer, CEO of Al-Arabia Cinema for production and Distribution also gave his reasons for partnering with HNS. He believes the presentation of a project is what makes it stand out, “People need to feel happy when they leave a place so they can come back again,” said Amer at the conference. The company is introducing Renaissance Sun City Mall, the company’s new concept and first flagship mall.

The cinema will feature nine halls, two VIP halls and a private lounge, offering a total of 4,673 seats, a first in Egypt, according to Amer. Also a first in Egypt is the leg space of 110 cm for normal halls and 180 cm for the VIP ones, said the CEO.

Amer would also like shoppers to enjoy the cinema complex even if they do not intend to watch a movie, which is why a foyer will be featured by the 16 ticket booths to offer the latest trailers and promos in the cinema industry.

Last month, HNS Group announced the completion of the construction works of 85% of Sun City phase one, which is scheduled to open in September, 2010.
“We’re very pleased with our progress in Sun City, 50% of the mall retail area has already been committed; and we aim to finalize around 85% of the total retail leasing around the soft opening in August or September,” said Salah El-Din Soufraki, managing director of HNS Group and the project’s architect.

The new phase will offer 30,000 square meters of modern office space and serviced apartments; a 300-room five star hotel, 10,000 square-meter conference center, all surrounded by 10,000 square meters of landscape. Construction works will start towards the end of 2010, and are expected for completion by late 2012, early 2013.

“There is an increasing demand for modern high end office space in Heliopolis and the neighboring areas. When Sun City phase 2 is finalized, altogether, the office complex, the conference center and the hotel will provide an integrated business destination hub,” commented Soufraki.

Sun City phase 1 will offer five levels of approximately 200 retail outlets, Carrefour hypermarket, the cinema complex, 28-room boutique hotel, two level circular restaurant and a nightclub. In addition to a food court and approximately 2,200 parking spaces on two levels. However, when asked how can the expected 50,000 visitors a day be accommodated by only 2,200 parking spaces, the conference panel assured reporters that research and calculations conducted by the Egyptian Civil Defense guarantee the situation to be a successful formula. Moreover, the project’s second phase will feature an additional 1,800 parking spaces. “We do not foresee a parking problem for the next five years,” assured Salah El-Din Soufraki.

Collier International, one of the largest providers of retail consulting, will handle the management of Sun City Mall. There is a lot of interest in Cairo at the moment and a lot of real estate development is taking place,” said Stuart Gissing, Regional Director for Collier International. Gissing believes that malls are very limited in number as opposed to a country like Dubai where the number of malls reaches 39 for the small UAE population. Cairo is still relatively considered an untapped retail market, especially when studies show that “15% of Egyptian families’ budget is spent on retail,” said Gissing. He also explained that managing a mall is a lot more than keeping it clean and collecting store rent. “There are actually courses in mall management that are offered by universities.”

Why Sun City, Gissing was asked by one of the reporters, because the location is very accessible and there are no challenging products in the area, he answered.

Sun City phase 1 will provide over 1,000 new jobs to the local community in various administrative and operational positions.

HNS General Contractors was founded by Hussein Nuaman Soufraki in 1961 specializing in commercial construction and civil engineering works for infrastructure and public works projects in Libya. In 1978, the group expanded internationally with the establishment of its European headquarters in Düsseldorf, Germany from which engineering and design services were rendered to Europe and the Middle East during the eighties.

In the early nineties, HNS established its head quarters in London for real estate development, construction as well as its property management subsidiary. Over 150 luxury residential units, and approximately 250,000 square feet of commercial office space were acquired, developed and managed in the business district of London.

HNS Group entered Egypt in 2005. The company has a current capital of LE 5 billion, of which LE 1 billion is paid-in capital. In addition to Sun City phase one and phase two, HNS Group's portfolio in Egypt includes multiple residential projects like Baroness in Heliopolis, EL Hambra in Korba, Icon on Mosadak Street Dokki and London House in Gezirat El-Arab Mohandiseen.

Source: http://www.communitytimesmagazine.co...hing-different
ifif07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #17
egypt69

xAbdoo, the pictures you had disappeared for some reason.

Anyways, when I was on a recent flight with BMI, I saw these advertisements for Sun City Mall (and I wasnt even flying to or from Egypt). Here they are:

Old August 17th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #18
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

where did they go. I notice the same in many other projects too. we should start reuploading the pictures don't you think??

anyway great update. in that last picture it have that e-mail so do I get that this is there new website?

http://hnsgroup.org/country.php?cid=1

Old August 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #19
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

from that site and they even have two videos.

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #20
aelali

Suncity mall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post

from that site and they even have two videos.
Hello .. I ahve noticed you have been talking about suncit? any more updates on it? what do u think well happen after the 25jan2011 changes...

regards

amal
aelali no está en línea   Reply With Quote