daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Wales / Cymru

Wales / Cymru Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and the rest of Wales

Old March 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Viva_a_Historia

Likes (Received): 53

Things to see in Swansea on a 2 days visit

Hi!

I am going to visit Swansea in April. I would like that someone could sugest to me places to visit.
Viva_a_Historia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:07 AM   #2
seasider

Likes (Received): 1

these sites have lots of information about the swansea area

http://visitswanseabay.com/

http://www.tourismswanseabay.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.swansea.info/

http://www.wales-tourist-information...les/index.html

http://www.enjoygower.com/index.cfm
seasider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM   #3
cardiff

Likes (Received): 1894

The castle square, try the local specialities in the market, the new restaurant at the top of the Meridian tower, the beach......whats the name fo the street with the restaurants and bars?.......the mumbles is a lovely area (dont forget the castle there as well). Best thing about Swansea is the countryside around it, if you are driving then definately visit the waterfalls in the neath valley and head over to Rhigos mountain (fab views), also the show caves are that way (excuse the dino park though).
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM   #4
swan-sea

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiff View Post
The castle square, try the local specialities in the market, the new restaurant at the top of the Meridian tower, the beach......whats the name fo the street with the restaurants and bars?.......the mumbles is a lovely area (dont forget the castle there as well). Best thing about Swansea is the countryside around it, if you are driving then definately visit the waterfalls in the neath valley and head over to Rhigos mountain (fab views), also the show caves are that way (excuse the dino park though).

Wind Street i think your referinng to

You could also take a walk around the marina area and the new SA1 area. Also Swansea Leisure Centre and the Waterfront Museum.
swan-sea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Karldiff

Likes (Received): 22

The National Maritime and Industrial Museum near the marina is a must. I was very impressed when I visited. The marina as a whole is an impressive development and I think has really stood the test of time. I also like the older area around it near the Dylan Thomas centre and Morgans hotel.

Mumbles is great and anywhere in the Gower is fantastic. There are not many cities in the UK that have beaches of that quality literally minutes away. Swansea is also a great base to get to the National Botanic gardens in Llanarthne, Laugharne for Dylan Thomas fans or the Carmarthenshire countryside.
Karldiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM   #6
JamesWales

Likes (Received): 0

I find Swansea a fascinating city.

Some say it is more 'authentically Welsh', than Cardiff and I think there is some truth in it.

There are big plans for the city, and I have a lot of confidence in it.

My list of things to do in Swansea:

1: Stroll around the city centre. It's not a beauty per se, but you can't begin to understand a city until you do this

2: Visit the marina, including the waterfront museum etc

3: Visit the beach. It's a lovely, huge beach, 5 minutes from the city centre and woefully, woefully under exploited.

4: Take a trip to the Gower

5: Go to Swansea City Football Ground and take a pee.

6: Go to the market in the city centre.

7: Take a stroll around Uplands/go up constitution hill. There are some fascinating streetscapes and views to be had.

8: Go out in Wind Street. It's a gloriously chaotic street on a friday or saturday night. Oh to be a single man in his 20's in Swansea....
JamesWales no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: