daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 701 votes, 3.26 average.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #181
sundar_amu
www.AllAboutMadurai.com

Likes (Received): 94

Madurai Departures

Yet another chart from AllAboutMadurai.Com:

Quote:
Source: http://allaboutmadurai.com/viewtopic...c42939b567#p68
sundar_amu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 4th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #182
Madurai

Likes (Received): 107

Expansion mode

The AAI is on an aggressive expansion and modernisation path to equip the airports for growth. “Our vision is to emerge leaders in air-traffic management and airport management by 2016,” he said.

Outlining the developments, he said the Chennai airport expansion works would be completed by the end of March 2011. “Our current capacity is 10 million passengers per annum. This would expand to 23 million, comprising 10 million international passengers and 13 million domestic post-March 2011,” he said.

Expansion work is also nearing completion in Madurai, while the arrival hall is being modernised in Coimbatore and aero bridges being provided at Mangalore. Similarly, the terminal building project is nearing completion in Rajahmundry, and runway expansion work is in full swing at Vijayawada airport, while the same has been completed in Cudappah.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0550671900.htm
Madurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #183
srinivas

Likes (Received): 0

check out this link .

http://us.makemytrip.com/flights/bir...s-tickets.html

weird !!!
srinivas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #184
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 567

They are just connecting flights with 2 stops sri...not significant that evey dest has..

We have long way to go for flights like IXM-US and all...First we need the intl. airport here and need connections to kuwait,dubai,sharjah,columbo,malaysia,singapore initially...Later on we can move on for the flights to bermingham if needed..But Madurai certainly has a potential to have atleast a weekly flight to US destinations..

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #185
sammyk

Likes (Received): 23

Yah even if IXM had flights to the US in the future they would likely not be to Birmingham, Alabama!
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #186
aranjan

Deleted
aranjan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #187
srinivas

it should be connecting flights . but the delay (in minutes given in the link ) in departure and arrival confused me ... sorry for deviating from the thread ...
srinivas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #188
Madurai

Copied from Sundar (SSC) in another forum,

New road for new Terminal:

Thank you Sundar. Looks like there is some busy activity on the sides. This was not there in the previous updates from others last month.
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #189
Madurai gilli

Thanks Madurai for the pictures...Looks like they had started the works on fitting glasses on exteriors...I can see it on the sides from the above picture..!

But I hope preparing IXM by this May/June as minister said is too difficult as still lot many works are there to be finished..So I wonder if it takes this october/december..

Old March 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #190
mugunthsboa
Mugu

Likes (Received): 2

Doesnt the side angle of the airport building looks like a fish..symbolic of the flag of the pandiyas, whose capital was madurai?
Or is it too much of my imagination
mugunthsboa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #191
allaboutmadurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugunthsboa View Post
Doesnt the side angle of the airport building looks like a fish..symbolic of the flag of the pandiyas, whose capital was madurai?
Or is it too much of my imagination
ha ha great observation
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #192
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai gilli View Post
Thanks Madurai for the pictures...Looks like they had started the works on fitting glasses on exteriors...I can see it on the sides from the above picture..!

But I hope preparing IXM by this May/June as minister said is too difficult as still lot many works are there to be finished..So I wonder if it takes this october/december..
Gili, I dont see any chance of new terminal getting ready before aug/sept. Whatever minister says is just Lipstalk. We have to take it with a pinch of salt.
ANANTH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #193
Madurai

Coutesy Dinakaran.

MP Gnanadesikan stressed the need for making IXM an international airport.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #194
Madurai gilli

Another Petition to Central Govt to make Madurai International airport from Congress MP: GnanaDesikan

Sorry..Repeated Post..I didn't see it before..! Post Deleted--

Old March 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #195
ceeznic pirate
Racine, WI

Likes (Received): 3311

Quote:

A new integrated terminal building was being constructed at Madurai airport and Coimbatore airport terminal building will be expanded and modified by May 2010.

ptinews
ceeznic pirate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #196
dbirlase

i went to see the airport myself last week, and its as per the photos updated on this website. There is no way that the airport would be ready by may 2010. As previously said its just lip talk.
dbirlase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #197
Fusionist
unBANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Is this the latest schedule for Madurai ? Surely this is way behind and route expansion is a must. From top of my head I would think a Madurai-Delhi, and possibly a second Madurai-Chennai-Mumbai route could be planned. Along with this international routes like Madurai-Colombo, Madurai-Kuala Lumpur and Madurai-Dubai can easily be feasible. Even a weekly twice Madurai-Male route could be considred to woo tourism.

To me Madurai is the dark horse in South TN to rival the Kerala airports. I think a significant amount of traffic on the Kochi/TRivandrum-Dubai and Kochi/TRivandrum-Colombo route can be easily be moved over to Madurai if at all some international routes are on the cards once the new airport is complete.
Fusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #198
krmpradeep

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionist View Post

Is this the latest schedule for Madurai ? Surely this is way behind and route expansion is a must. From top of my head I would think a Madurai-Delhi, and possibly a second Madurai-Chennai-Mumbai route could be planned. Along with this international routes like Madurai-Colombo, Madurai-Kuala Lumpur and Madurai-Dubai can easily be feasible. Even a weekly twice Madurai-Male route could be considred to woo tourism.

To me Madurai is the dark horse in South TN to rival the Kerala airports. I think a significant amount of traffic on the Kochi/TRivandrum-Dubai and Kochi/TRivandrum-Colombo route can be easily be moved over to Madurai if at all some international routes are on the cards once the new airport is complete.

Totally agree with you on the "Dark Horse" part. I, for one, had to take a train to TVM last year just to fly to Male. Any Middle-East or SE Asia route from Madurai would be a money-maker for sure. In addition to NRIs living in SE Asia, I am sure a lot of NRIs in US/Australia/SE Asia would love to take a connecting flight to Madurai from Hong Kong/Singapore/Malaysia and totally skip Chennai and the overnight train to Madurai.

Last edited by krmpradeep; March 18th, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
krmpradeep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #199
Madurai

Another MP's demand for starting international flights from Madurai. This time it's Virudhunagar MP Manik Tagore in a meeting with Praful Patel and authorities. He also demanded a Madurai-Delhi flight via Chennai.

Old March 18th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #200
killerk

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionist View Post

I would have expected Madurai passengers to use the not so far off Trichy airport to fly to Gulf and Sri Lanka and not Kerala....
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madurai, madurai airport

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: