daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Trivandrum

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #41
sakrishna

Likes (Received): 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin_a_p View Post
Ok so you were waiting for the invitation. any way thanks.
I thought of not invovling myself into this debate, as I already mentioned,eventhough I wanted action taken against this guy.No one here called for any action against this guy for his remarks.

But after seeing your 'Samadhanavadi' remark , I thought of replying.

Anyways, i request mods to take necessary action on 'iamalwaysyourbestfriend' for posting the hate post.

Last edited by sakrishna; March 20th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #42
KMC

Likes (Received): 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
This 50,000 seater stadium will be the first purpose built Cricket Stadium in Kerala and the most advanced in India.
are you sure ??
oru paridhi illeydey
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #43
Venunair

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
are you sure ??
oru paridhi illeydey

VERY SURE, U WILL SEE SOON.

ORU PARIDHIYUM ILLALLODEEY KUTTAAA
Venunair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #44
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 385

35th National Games

bids invited for the construction of accommodation for Games participants

Project:

Complete construction and development of the ready-to-use facility of at least 50,000 square meters on about 5 acres of land, in and around Thiruvananthapuram wherein the Project Provider is paid a lease rent by National Games Secretariat for availing the facility for accommodation of 35th National Games participants.

One of the primary responsibilities for NGS is to develop the infrastructure for the Games. State-of-the-art sporting facilities are being added to 16 stadiums across Kerala and with respect to new development, 3 Greenfield stadiums and a Games Village have been planned. In addition, certain accommodation during the Games Period for the Games’ participants, including athletes, team officials, media etc. may be developed in Thiruvananthapuram (the “Games Village”).

details...

Last edited by vinodtnt; March 20th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
vinodtnt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #45
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
are you sure ??
oru paridhi illeydey
- Unlike a lot of other folks, I like to be sure of my facts. It usually saves many a blush later on.

In case you are interested in the reason behind my comment, although facts are unlikely to interest you, do check this out and understand why the Karyavattom Stadium will be the first purpose built international cricket stadium in Kerala.

Adios!

Last edited by Ajaypp; March 20th, 2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Adding extra details including web-link
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM   #46
KMC

Quote:
- Unlike a lot of other folks, I like to be sure of my facts. It usually saves many a blush later on.

In case you are interested in the reason behind my comment, although facts are unlikely to interest you, do check this out and understand why the Karyavattom Stadium will be the first purpose built international cricket stadium in Kerala.

Adios!
Cant ignore this , so I thought to give u a smile on your "Facts" presenting skills, have a nice day...
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:41 AM   #47
iamalwaysyourbestfri
ilovecochin

Likes (Received): 1

Kochi joins IPl IV...What say...

Quote:

Adios!
Hi...

The link given by Mr. Ajay PP was of wikipedia of JN stadium stadium at Kaloor, where it explains about Kochi stadium! Did you mean that?

Good News:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/452856.html

Kochi gets new IPl team. The team will choose some other venue for its home match in 2011 season, till the new world class stadium is built at Edakochi. So till Edakochi stadium is built, we may have matches at JN stadium Kochi.

Also news in most reliabe news source BBC on IPL Kochi:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/8578606.stm

Kudos..

Best Friend,

(Those who want action against me can contact at email id: iamalwaysyourbestfriend@gmail.com)

Last edited by iamalwaysyourbestfri; March 21st, 2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: new data added
iamalwaysyourbestfri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM   #48
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamalwaysyourbestfri View Post
Hi...

The link given by Mr. Ajay PP was of wikipedia of JN stadium stadium at Kaloor, where it explains about Kochi stadium! Did you mean that?

Good News:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/452856.html

Kochi gets new IPl team. The team will choose some other venue for its home match in 2011 season, till the new world class stadium is built at Edakochi. So till Edakochi stadium is built, we may have matches at JN stadium Kochi.

Also news in most reliabe news source BBC on IPL Kochi:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/8578606.stm

Kudos..
Mods, please kill this internet worm. Also 'yuketrivandrum' needs to spend some time in the class room before putting posts in SSC trivandrum .. we must maintain a certain standard for posts!

Last edited by BabuCS; March 21st, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM   #49
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 16

Ya, agree..I had deleted yuketrivandrum's posts manytimes, had send him a PM also.

Just having a wait and watch policy regarding the 'worm' & others. Infact he got has got all reprieval since he seems to be too small for any action Anyway will keep my baseball bat ready
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM   #50
yuketrivandrum
Unnikrishnan

Sorry.... leaving this forum

Sorry for disturbing you all... I am a frequent visitor of this forum... i think from 2006..... but i am not accepted when i entered here...got abused... i am a true and sincere Trivandrum lover... not like you people... Sorry again... But u can see me as a man for my great trivandrum..... I will become the creator of a new Trivandrum.... bye......

Hail Trivandrum
yuketrivandrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM   #51
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuketrivandrum View Post
Sorry for disturbing you all... I am a frequent visitor of this forum... i think from 2006..... but i am not accepted when i entered here...got abused... i am a true and sincere Trivandrum lover... not like you people... Sorry again... But u can see me as a man for my great trivandrum..... I will become the creator of a new Trivandrum.... bye......

Hail Trivandrum
Yuke, please don't take such an emotional decision to quit! I only meant that you better spend a little time in evaluating your post, whether that is really relevant to the rest of us and indeed for Trivandrum! You may take a break, for now, to study other posts here and please do come back!! We desperately need you!!
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:35 PM   #52
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Quote:
Cant ignore this , so I thought to give u a smile on your "Facts" presenting skills, have a nice day...
Thanks for your lovely smile, buddy! Much appreciated!

I have had the occasion to discuss the whole IPL with Dr Tharoor himself on behalf of TDF just a couple of days ago where he clarified that the team, should his consortium win it, would be a "Kerala" franchise and would end up playing matches in both Trivandrum and Cochin.

Trivandrum's 50,000 seater, International Cricket Stadium's tender is due to be floated in the next few days as the project received clearance from an empowered committee headed by the Hon' Finance Minister last week. The stadium should be ready in the latter half of 2011 as we are anticipating a completion time of 15 - 18 months starting in June/July 2010.

By then, it will be the only purpose-built Cricket Stadium in Kerala. The JLN Stadium is a converted football stadium and the IPL concern has made it clear that the Kerala team will have to play matches at venues outside the State till a new Stadium is available. So it's clear that the JLN is currently not ready to host day-and-night IPL matches. Even if its lighting system is upgraded, it will be a stop-gap at best.

So, let's wait for Dr Tharoor to explain his plans. As far as I understood from his secretary today evening, there may be a few surprises for the morrow!

Cheers!
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:45 PM   #53
karunakaranashok

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:

I have had the occasion to discuss the whole IPL with Dr Tharoor himself on behalf of TDF just a couple of days ago where he clarified that the team, should his consortium win it, would be a "Kerala" franchise and would end up playing matches in both Trivandrum and Cochin.

Trivandrum's 50,000 seater, International Cricket Stadium's tender is due to be floated in the next few days as the project received clearance from an empowered committee headed by the Hon' Finance Minister last week. The stadium should be ready in the latter half of 2011 as we are anticipating a completion time of 15 - 18 months starting in June/July 2010.

By then, it will be the only purpose-built Cricket Stadium in Kerala. The JLN Stadium is a converted football stadium and the IPL concern has made it clear that the Kerala team will have to play matches at venues outside the State till a new Stadium is available. So it's clear that the JLN is currently not ready to host day-and-night IPL matches. Even if its lighting system is upgraded, it will be a stop-gap at best.

So, let's wait for Dr Tharoor to explain his plans. As far as I understood from his secretary today evening, there may be a few surprises for the morrow!

Cheers!
Dr Tharoor has gone on record stating that he has no financial stake in the new IPL team. He said that he has just facilitated the whole thing in a mentor sort of way. I dont think that we should bash him using SSC forums. Our local politicians of the last couple of decades have allowed Trivandrum to slip behind other cities and if today when a North Indian industrialist thinks about industry/business in Kerala , Trivandrum is not the name that comes to his mind except may be in the IT field.
It is heartening to see organisations such as TDF trying to undo the damage done to Trivandrum by the spine less local politicians that we sent to Assembly /Parliament since the sixties.
karunakaranashok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM   #54
Venunair

IPL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED IN TRIVANDRUM AS WELL.

IPL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED IN TRIVANDRUM AS WELL .
WHEN THE NEW STADIUM IS READY SASHI THAROOR IS PLANNING TO BRING MATCHES TO TRIVANDRUM ALSO.
SOME THING TO CHEER ABOUT.

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...RIAL&BV_ID=@@@

Last edited by Venunair; March 22nd, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
Venunair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM   #55
vjfile
From "Trivandrum Lobby"

Likes (Received): 7

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...e-turf/594145/

Sasi Tharoor's plans for Trivandrum.......
vjfile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM   #56
KMC

Quote:

Cheers!
Dont make me smile again and again . You are yet to understand that ordinary man has many limitations ... you are knowledgeable , but you are not the only one ...
We in Kochi thanks Tharoor for his valiant effort ... and KCA will do the rest.. No need to worry man , there are big guns out there ...
If possible try and expedite Emaars Kochi project ... rather tahn wasting time for things which are not within your control even remotely...

your previous quote

"Anyways, my $ 0.02 about the whole IPL deal. As many of you know, TDF has been working closely with Dr Tharoor and his team on a number of initiatives. I spoke to his secretary a few days ago, and the IPL thing also came up in the course of our discussion. I understand that Dr Tharoor has taken a clear stance that he would be part of an IPL bid as sort of Chairman Emeritus only if the team was to be based in Trivandrum.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM   #57
RajeshVR

Likes (Received): 1830

[QUOTE=KMC;53860607]Dont make me smile again and again . You are yet to understand that ordinary man has many limitations ... you are knowledgeable , but you are not the only one ... We in Kochi thanks Tharoor for his valiant effort ... and KCA will do the rest.. No need to worry man , there are big guns out there ...
If possible try and expedite Emaars Kochi project ... rather tahn wasting time for things which are not within your control even remotely...

The moderator is allowing these idiot's, post with personal harrassment and deleting my comments in the other forum and even in this forum-that is double standard
RajeshVR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM   #58
Kannan46

Likes (Received): 31

IPL team will be Kerala's: Tharoor -Karyavattom stadium to be used for IPL matches
Source: thehinduonline
Quote:

Shashi Tharoor says it took immense pressure and protest to include a city from Kerala in IPL.

Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor said here on Monday that the new IPL cricket team would be Kerala's and not of Kochi's alone.

Speaking after inaugurating the Trivandrum Citizens' Action Network (TCAN), an umbrella organisation for the integrated development of the capital region, he said the stadium to be constructed at Karyavattam for the National Games would also be used to host IPL matches.

Dr. Tharoor said the successful bid for the IPL team by Kerala demonstrated the need for concerted action for other projects such as the development of the Thiruvananthapuram international airport and the Vizhinjam container terminal. “There is no point in grieving about our shortcomings. It takes concerted action to achieve anything.”

He said Kerala did not figure in the initial list of places for the two new IPL teams to be based.

“It took immense pressure and protest to include a city from Kerala. Though Thiruvananthapuram was the first choice, Kochi emerged the choice because it had a stadium.”

Dr. Tharoor also released a logo for TCAN. Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs Salman Khurshid was also present.
Cheers!!!
Kannan46 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:24 AM   #59
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Oh my, this is getting hilarious!

Quote:
Dont make me smile again and again . You are yet to understand that ordinary man has many limitations ...
- So I see, a lot of limitations, starting with grammar and spelling, perhaps?

Quote:
you are knowledgeable , but you are not the only one ...
Graciously accepted!

Quote:
We in Kochi thanks Tharoor for his valiant effort ... and KCA will do the rest..
Yeap, it needs Trivandrum's MP to do something for you in the end. Whatever happened to assorted Thomases, Georges and Chandys of the world?

Just as "KCA" has been doing IT for the last three years?! Just like the big ol' stadium which was supposed to be ready in Thripoonithara? Or the Vigilance investigation into that land-scam which is ongoing? Or perhaps the Kerala Biodiversity Board saying that the current site is ecologically fragile and no place for a big ol' concrete bowl?

Quote:
No need to worry man , there are big guns out there ...
I assume you mean the rusting cannons at Fort Kochi? Always talking of the "boom" and never of the bust. Hot air seems to be the usual commonality. And yes, the word "city" is common too.

Quote:
Lol, I am taking good care of my professional responsibilities, thank you. Considering the current bust in the Kochi market, the emphasis is on "salvage" and not "expedite". And that goes for every builder. A lot of perspectives and little else. With the small matter of over 10,000 unsold residential units in the local market, expediting is going to be lil' bit tough.

And the mere fact that you are telling me how to do my job is a consequence of the happy fact that I have a real identity. A name, a job and an email ID, not just three letters or a nickname without a face. I prefer it that way.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM   #60
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan46 View Post
IPL team will be Kerala's: Tharoor -Karyavattom stadium to be used for IPL matches
Source: thehinduonline
Cheers!!!
Kannan, please give links to the news always you quote.

http://www.hindu.com/2010/03/23/stor...2360260400.htm
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote