daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Thrissur

Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM   #2241
Prakash Venkat
Prakash

Likes (Received): 2

Hi members,

First of all Pooram Aashamsakal to all.

Pooram has arrived and the city is all ready.
the footpath renovation works are almost over. To be frank this was the first time i had seen some work going on even late nights. the corporation has done a wonderful job to finish the major part of the works before pooram so as to avoid inconvenience for the people during pooram days.

Rest of the work will progress after Pooram. The footpaths look great now.
handrails and tile work is still left in certain parts but they have trid their best to finish it on time.

All the inner roads have been completely trarred and its hassel free driving in the corporation area.. Simply superb is the word.

Work of Shaktan square has already begun. But controversies still around it.
Opposition party wants vegetable market in the place where sakthan square and convention center is decided. With sakthan square coming up, all party conventions , meetings wil happen there and it will free thekkinkaadu maidan which is a great thing. Which will also reduce traffic blocks in the city during Jilla sammelanam's. Another good move.

Prakash Venkat no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:34 AM   #2242
Prakash Venkat
Prakash

Some other news...

KR restaurant and KR Bakes at Patturaikkal is all ready for inauguration.
It was completely lit up yesterday when i went by Patturaikkal.

Malabar Gold work is in full swing. Can expect it to open in another month or so.
EMKE silks also onto its last stages.

I-square mall is in the same state, No major change.
A huge building coming up near shoba wedding galaxy, kuruppam road.

Its in the initial stages. By the look of it, should be a multi storeyed building.
Atleast 8-9 floors. So expecting it to be very big. Since its a commercial area, its not going to be an apartment. Either a hotel or a shopping complex for sure. may also be a shopping mall. will have to wait and watch.

Thrissur developing in terms of looks for sure
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM   #2243
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Likes (Received): 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Venkat View Post
Some other news...

KR restaurant and KR Bakes at Patturaikkal is all ready for inauguration.
It was completely lit up yesterday when i went by Patturaikkal.

Malabar Gold work is in full swing. Can expect it to open in another month or so.
EMKE silks also onto its last stages.

I-square mall is in the same state, No major change.
A huge building coming up near shoba wedding galaxy, kuruppam road.

Its in the initial stages. By the look of it, should be a multi storeyed building.
Atleast 8-9 floors. So expecting it to be very big. Since its a commercial area, its not going to be an apartment. Either a hotel or a shopping complex for sure. may also be a shopping mall. will have to wait and watch.

Thrissur developing in terms of looks for sure
Happy pooram.......

It's simply Superb works Prakash.. Scripting everything wat you saw is really Great... Look'n for more updates...

Bad news for me: I'll not be able to watch this year pooram even though i planned and book'd ticket..

But will certainly be there in 2 two weeks time and i'll make sure SSC - Thrissur Thread will be full with Pictures

Look'n forward to see all those new infrastructures which you have mentioned.

Vinod
vinod_2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM   #2244
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
Hi members,

First of all Pooram Aashamsakal to all.

Pooram has arrived and the city is all ready.
the footpath renovation works are almost over. To be frank this was the first time i had seen some work going on even late nights. the corporation has done a wonderful job to finish the major part of the works before pooram so as to avoid inconvenience for the people during pooram days.

Rest of the work will progress after Pooram. The footpaths look great now.
handrails and tile work is still left in certain parts but they have trid their best to finish it on time.

All the inner roads have been completely trarred and its hassel free driving in the corporation area.. Simply superb is the word.

Work of Shaktan square has already begun. But controversies still around it.
Opposition party wants vegetable market in the place where sakthan square and convention center is decided. With sakthan square coming up, all party conventions , meetings wil happen there and it will free thekkinkaadu maidan which is a great thing. Which will also reduce traffic blocks in the city during Jilla sammelanam's. Another good move.

No... I will never tell this as a handsome work by this corporation...

They are trying to do something to get the votes... They know these works like Sakthan square and convention center will never be complete.. just trying to add one or two things which they can tell during the next election which is almost here...

Main thing is This corporation has not made any road map for next ten years of this cities development. They have not done or planned anything new.

And after 5 years now they need votes

I hope people in Thrissur should ask Both ruling and opposition party each and everything....

Vinod
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #2245
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 405

New thread started as Thrissur Pooram | Culture | Life .

Visit to post your valuable contributions and view latest pooram snaps.
vinodtnt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #2246
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodtnt View Post
New thread started as Thrissur Pooram | Culture | Life .

Visit to post your valuable contributions and view latest pooram snaps.
Thank you very much...

I was looking forward to few pics of road and new footpath...

Vinod
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #2247
apjustin
Justin Aloor, Valapad

Likes (Received): 128

Pooram Kazhchakal 2010

I had been to our city for Pooram Celebrations.
* Footpath moderations are looking good. but, obviously not professional
* Malabar Gold showroom is nearing completion
* There is huge building coming up at Kalvari Road - Nethaji Road Junction in West Fort (Probably a mall, primary works are started)
* Sign boards are placed, but most of them are not visible. Boards placed at Kokkalai and in front of KSTRC bus station are good since they direct to Swaraj Round,not Thrissur. But, the sign board placed at the center of West Fort Junction points to Thrissur. What a fate !!!!!
* How can they allow two way traffic in High Road? It's too narrow to allow one way traffic !!!!!!
Thrissur has a lot of distance to travel to become a good looking city !!! But, the politicians have least interest. fate !!!
apjustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #2248
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
Originally Posted by apjustin View Post
I had been to our city for Pooram Celebrations.
* Footpath moderations are looking good. but, obviously not professional
* Malabar Gold showroom is nearing completion
* There is huge building coming up at Kalvari Road - Nethaji Road Junction in West Fort (Probably a mall, primary works are started)
* Sign boards are placed, but most of them are not visible. Boards placed at Kokkalai and in front of KSTRC bus station are good since they direct to Swaraj Round,not Thrissur. But, the sign board placed at the center of West Fort Junction points to Thrissur. What a fate !!!!!
* How can they allow two way traffic in High Road? It's too narrow to allow one way traffic !!!!!!
Thrissur has a lot of distance to travel to become a good looking city !!! But, the politicians have least interest. fate !!!
Great updates justin... Thanks..

Yes.. there should be a group of City loving people in the corporation and other government authorities to make our city a beautiful place to live in..

I will suggest fast growing trees to be planted in all four line roads like TUDA and Model road.. as soon as possible

Vinod
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #2249
Prakash Venkat
Prakash

great updates justin and vinod...

Just wanted to inform all members that KR Bakes & Restaurant has finally been inaugurated. It opened the day before pooram.

Patturaikkal round about works almost over.. looking great with modern sign boards in the middle. looks great. But i still feel there is still more work to be completed.
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #2250
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
great updates justin and vinod...

Just wanted to inform all members that KR Bakes & Restaurant has finally been inaugurated. It opened the day before pooram.

Patturaikkal round about works almost over.. looking great with modern sign boards in the middle. looks great. But i still feel there is still more work to be completed.
It's great news... Looking forward to see all while i reach there in 2 weeks...

Vinod
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #2251
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
The State Electricity Minister, Mr A. K. Balan, has expressed the opinion that the State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC) needs to be ‘more realistic' while handing out decisions on tariff rates and restrictions on consumption.

Speaking to newspersons here on Thursday, the Minister was apparently referring to the decisions awarded by the SERC earlier this week in response to tweaking of tariff and restrictions on consumption proposed by the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB).

EXPECTATIONS belied

These decisions had belied the expectations of the public utility, which had stated in its petition that it was difficult to meet the increase in demand for power without reducing demand through resort to power cuts, load shedding and restrictions on usage.

In its order, SERC just did not rule out power cuts and load shedding, it also fixed the extent of restriction in usage to 10 per cent, which was much below what the KSEB had bargained for.

This, according to the Minister, could land the KSEB in deeper trouble.

In a different context, Mr Balan said that the State would be capable of finding its own sources of power if only the Centre desisted from putting ‘hurdles' on the way.

The Union Power Minister, Mr Sushil Kumar Shinde, would be advised to prevail upon his Cabinet colleague and Minister for Forests and Environment, Mr Jairam Ramesh, to hold his guns, Mr Balan said.

ATHIRAPPILLY PROJECT

The Minister was referring to the recent controversy in which the Ministry of Forests and Environment had ‘arbitrarily' refused to give clearance to the proposed 163-MW Athirappilly hydro-electric project in the State.

“I request the Centre not to create problems when new projects are being proposed,” Mr Balan said.

He sounded confident that the State would, with the help of industrialists and domestic consumers, be able to reach a stage where power cuts and load-shedding would be a thing of the past.

At least, 25,000 new connections would be provided in the State before the harvest festival of Vishu festival falling on April 14.

The State Government has been able to achieve good progress in the distribution sector in the last four years. More than 17 lakh connections had been sanctioned and a record number of 11 KV lines and transformers installed, he said.

Why aren't these so called ministers look'n at the enviornmental side of this project...

There is a large amount of Flora and Fauna in this region of Kerala.. Distrubing is similar to killing ourself. When World recogonize the fault of Industrialization and decides to GO back to Green... A State Minister does not understand and say the ooposing is a political game.

Vinod
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #2252
apjustin
Justin Aloor, Valapad

Likes (Received): 128

Plastic Roads

A Very Good Idea. Could have implemented earlier !!!!

apjustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #2253
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
Originally Posted by apjustin View Post
A Very Good Idea. Could have implemented earlier !!!!

Great .. It was a option which was implemented in some place before.. I think they all have showed success flags...

It's gud to see this decision but lets wait and see whether it will stay on papers..

But i'm eagerly waiting for this corporation election campaign to see wat is the vision for next 5 years. Can we hope for a change or will we get the same.

Vinod
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:08 PM   #2254
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Patturaikkal roundabout-works going on

Emkey Silks- Building looks like to have just ~50,000 Sq.Ft not 2L Sq.Ft
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM   #2255
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Shots from Hotel Dass Continental

Sakthan stand

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2256
jayadevan_c

Likes (Received): 71

Nice captures of Thrissur. Very nice
jayadevan_c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:14 AM   #2257
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayadevan_c View Post

Nice captures of Thrissur. Very nice
Yes.. Looks really like a Heavy upcoming city

Vinod
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM   #2258
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Thrissur Corporation council approves Lalur model project

Thrissur: The Thrissur Corporation council on Friday approved the Lalur model project for finding a lasting solution to the city's garbage issue, despite protest from the opposition.

The project prepared by Kerala Agricultural University scientist Pathiyur Gopinath envisages a solution to the urgent issues in six months and a complete solution to the city's garbage problem in three years.

The report was prepared after a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanathan asked Mr. Gopinath to prepare a project to solve the more than two-decade-old Lalur garbage issue.

The mounts of accumulated garbage at the dump yard had made life miserable for the residents of Lalur.

The technology and waste management methods of the project were adopted from a study conducted by the Kerala Agricultural University in association with the Department of Science and Technology on solid waste management during 1990-95.

Decentralisation of garbage treatment and a sensitisation campaign to create awareness of how individuals and organisations can actively involve in waste management programmes are the highlights of the project.

Attitude change needed

Source segregation of waste is another major aspect.

“Not any complicated technology, but a paradigm shift in the attitude of the people from not in my backyard (NIMBY) to not in anybody's backyard (NIABY) was the key to the success of the project,” Mr. Pathiyur Gopinath noted in his report.

Household waste constituted 70 per cent of the total garbage generated in the city, he said.

Under the project primary waste collection centres (PWCC) will be set up for every 200-250 houses. The segregated waste from the PWCC will be taken to local waste processing centres (LWPCs) for treatment. For 10 LWPCs, there will be a regional waste processing centre (RWPC). Mr. Gopiath said that the city's entire garbage could be treated in 5-6 RWPCs. There would be great scope for green industries in such treatment centres, he said.

One such centre would function on the Kerala Agricultural University campus as a model project, he said.

The project suggests special waste processing centres for hospitals, hotels and markets. Incinerators will be made compulsory for hospitals.

Accumulated garbage from Lalur dump yard will be dried and filtered. The bio-degradable waste will be used as manure. A 200-strong labour force, including technical experts, workers and office staff, would be the backbone of the project, the report said.

It suggested formING a high-power committee led by the Chief Minister as patron and Minister for Local Administration as vice-patron.

Opposition disapproves

The opposition councillors disapproved the project saying it was impractical and would create more Lalurs in the city.

Opposition leader I.P. Paul said that the condition put forwarded by Mr. Gopinath that there should not be any audit on functioning of the project was not acceptable. “It will lead to misappropriation of funds. Moreover, there are many factual errors in the report that shows Mr. Gopinath has not studied the issue properly,” he said.

Vinod
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM   #2259
Imurfi0253

Likes (Received): 0

nice pictures vinod.. there is a automobile showroom coming up at byepass near brd motors, could plz find out and post the details? i saw last time while going to palakkad.
Imurfi0253 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #2260
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Tyrex opens new showroom in Kochi

The Dubai-based international tyre trading chain Tyrex has opened its renovated showroom in Kochi at NH Bypass near Vytilla. The 10,000 sq ft showroom spread over three floors offers 24-hour service, 7 days a week for the first time in the country.

Modern facilities

According to Mr M.V. Kiran, Chairman, Tyrex, the company has introduced Italian MOMO racing alloys for the first time in Kerala and the lever-less tyre changer for the first time in the country.

With the Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi zone, coffee shop etc. arranged for the leisure and entertainment of the customers, the new showroom will offer a whole new experience to customers. 3D laser-guided computerised wheel alignment, hi tech Hunter and John Bean tyre changer and wheel balancer etc. are some of the facilities available at the showroom, set up at an investment of Rs 2.5 crore, he said.

In Kerala, the company has now showrooms in Kochi and Kollam.

The tyre market in the State is estimated at 40,000 numbers a month and there are plans to open showrooms in Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Thrissur in the next three years.

Another 10 showrooms will be opened in South India during the period, he added.

There are also attractive offers for customers which included a combo offer of Rs 18,000 for four tyres and four alloys. Special exchange offers for tyres and alloys and the 3+1 offer, whereby, customers buying three tyres will get a 4 {+t} {+h} tyre free.

Vinod