daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Romania & Moldova > Development Forums > Infrastructure & Transport

Infrastructure & Transport Infrastructure projects, transport & mobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #981
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5260

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Paris - London is much faster with the Eurostar.
You can tell you're no aviation enthusiast.

Yes, I know the Eurostar rocks. I was talking about the opportunity to fly on the A380 at the price of a LON-PAR ticket.

Sponsored Links

Old May 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #982
bogdymol
bogdymod

I assure you that I am an aviation enthusiast and I love flying, but on such a short distance Eurostar rocks. I travelled once with that train and it was fantastic to make that journey in 2 hours.

As for the opportunity to fly with the A380, I wouldn't miss it for anything, especially after I saw X reports about it on Discovery and I saw it live for a few seconds on JFK.

What I wanted to say is that is not comfortable for a bussiness man for example, who makes this trip every week, to go to the airport when he has Eurostar so close.
bogdymol no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #983
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Well, there are a couple of flight per day between Paris and London, so people do fly between these two cities anyway. It's just that now they'll receive one hell of an upgrade.

And, as I understand, these flights will be economy-only, so no business and first.

P.S. I only saw its tail in Hong Kong. It was a Singapore Airlines.
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #984
EduardSA

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
As for the opportunity to fly with the A380, I wouldn't miss it for anything, especially after I saw X reports about it on Discovery and I saw it live for a few seconds on JFK.
Come to SA! Air France is flying A380's to SA already. Emirates will follow suit by the World Cup and Lufthansa also during the world cup or latest by August. The choice is yours My second cousin is coming down for the world cup and we're trying to get him Air France tickets so he can see the new plane. Now that will be a tale to tell about back home

I think increasing the competition between air travel and rail is the best thing that could happen for the London-Paris route. Right now rail might be more scenic and comfortable, but if airports become more accessible and planes become more economical and faster, air travel could definitely be a better option.

I'm hoping that the high-speed rail link to Bucharest will come to fruit so it can increase competition in the transport market One day Romania could very much become the crossroads of Europe!

Last edited by EduardSA; May 8th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
EduardSA no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #985
orioane

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
Well, there are a couple of flight per day between Paris and London, so people do fly between these two cities anyway. It's just that now they'll receive one hell of an upgrade.

And, as I understand, these flights will be economy-only, so no business and first.
The flights between CDG and LHR are there mainly for connection passengers. One should be totally insane to take the plane from Paris to London.

Looked on their web-site, it says nothing. They are flying A320/321 or ATRs.
orioane no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #986
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioane View Post
The flights between CDG and LHR are there mainly for connection passengers.
Correct.
Quote:
One should be totally insane to take the plane from Paris to London.
*blushes* But then again, I'm the kind of idiot that actually likes airports.
Quote:
Looked on their web-site, it says nothing. They are flying A320/321 or ATRs.
I know. That's the same problem the folks on Airliners.net are having.
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #987
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
P.S. I only saw its tail in Hong Kong. It was a Singapore Airlines.
The one I saw in JFK was Emirates, but I was on the wrong side of my plane so I only saw it for few seconds on the other side window. My first tought when I saw it was "OMG, it has to many windows, something's wrong!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardSA View Post
Come to SA! Air France is flying A380's to SA already. Emirates will follow suit by the World Cup and Lufthansa also during the world cup or latest by August. The choice is yours My second cousin is coming down for the world cup and we're trying to get him Air France tickets so he can see the new plane. Now that will be a tale to tell about back home

I think increasing the competition between air travel and rail is the best thing that could happen for the London-Paris route. Right now rail might be more scenic and comfortable, but if airports become more accessible and planes become more economical and faster, air travel could definitely be a better option.

I'm hoping that the high-speed rail link to Bucharest will come to fruit so it can increase competition in the transport market One day Romania could very much become the crossroads of Europe!
Romania has such a good football team that they didn't want to go to SA and play with those amateurs, so I won't go, but I heard that AirFrance will use A380 on CDG - MIA, and if I will have the chance to go to MIA again be sure that I will do my best to book an AF A380 ticket.
bogdymol no está en línea  
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #988
EduardSA

Likes (Received): 118

I agree. Brazil has got nothing on Romania!

Never knew about that. I'm planning to visit Florida so I might try get some Air France tickets and make the whole journey on an A380 Thanks for letting me know!
EduardSA no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
airlines, airports, romania