daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #81
Pius
The Urban Man
 
Pius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,320
Likes (Received): 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
Still very slow.
Do you mean the pace of the work? If so, I would suggest the contrary: it is speeding up. One can see in the background the reclamation work progressing on the other side of the island. Remember, the heavy equipment is still not there.
Besides, the first phase of construction will start soon (probably in August)
Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #82
alama
Registered User
 
alama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,929
Likes (Received): 1019

I am definitely going to move to Kinshasa after this project is done!
alama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #83
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 39,676
Likes (Received): 2879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius View Post
Do you mean the pace of the work? If so, I would suggest the contrary: it is speeding up. One can see in the background the reclamation work progressing on the other side of the island. Remember, the heavy equipment is still not there.
Besides, the first phase of construction will start soon (probably in August)
Yes , the pace of the work is too slow. they must bring the heavy machines in faster to speed up the reclamation.

Reason why i say too slow is because , the land reclamation is in a river and its not deep like Ocean.
__________________
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #84
screenshotartist
Engineer
 
screenshotartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 4,440
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
Reason why i say too slow is because , the land reclamation is in a river and its not deep like Ocean.
Very good point that I was about to bring up.


Not even in the isle of a river but in a swamp area. I guess we just have to wait for the "Big boys" to come and speed up the process
__________________
Raikage
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:51 PM   #85
Royale
Registered User
 
Royale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kinshasa
Posts: 39
Likes (Received): 4

Cité du Fleuve : le plus grand projet de développement immobilier en Afrique centrale.



La société " Hawkwood Property Investment LTD réalise un projet ambitieux à Kinshasa, capitale de la RDC. Un projet qui s’étend sur 370 hectares. Un projet qui déclenchera certes, un rush d'investissement et c'est bien pour l'économie mais aussi l'emploi. Que gagne la RDC dans la réalisation de ce grand projet, « la cité du fleuve » ? Robert Choudury, Directeur gérant du projet Cité du Fleuve en RDC explique…

« La RD Congo gagne énormément dans la réalisation du projet Cité du Fleuve. C’est le plus grand projet de développement immobilier en Afrique centrale. Avec ce projet, Kinshasa sera une ville phare. Les gens viendront des pays limitrophes et de toute la région d’Afrique centrale pour venir voir ce qui a été réalisé, car ils en auront entendu parler. C’est un grand projet qui requiert le soutien de l’autorité publique (nous bénéficions déjà de ce soutien) et de la population pour que nous donnions à Kinshasa, et surtout à la RD Congo, sa place de leader en Afrique centrale et non celle de victime qui est la sienne aujourd’hui. »
A quel niveau se trouve ce chantier

« Le chantier se trouve dans la phase où nous avons remblayé assez de terrain où nous pouvons déjà construire un centre commercial, dans le deux mois, de 20 mille mètres carrés. Deux supermarchés sud-africains ont signé et accepté de s’établir ici. Les travaux se poursuivront avec la construction de 22 immeubles de trois étages d’appartements, lesquels seront livrés à la fin de l’année ou au début de l’an prochain. A partir d’août prochain, les travaux vont s’accélérer. L’entreprise Vinci arrive le 30 août 2010 avec de grosses dragues qui sont capables de remblayer 4 hectares par mois. Dans ce projet, il n’y a pas que Vinci, toutes les grandes entreprises de construction de la sous-région d’Afrique centrale travaillent d’ores et déjà avec nous. »
Royale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:47 PM   #86
Pius
The Urban Man
 
Pius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,320
Likes (Received): 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royale View Post
Cité du Fleuve : le plus grand projet de développement immobilier en Afrique centrale.



La société " Hawkwood Property Investment LTD réalise un projet ambitieux à Kinshasa, capitale de la RDC. Un projet qui s’étend sur 370 hectares. Un projet qui déclenchera certes, un rush d'investissement et c'est bien pour l'économie mais aussi l'emploi. Que gagne la RDC dans la réalisation de ce grand projet, « la cité du fleuve » ? Robert Choudury, Directeur gérant du projet Cité du Fleuve en RDC explique…

« La RD Congo gagne énormément dans la réalisation du projet Cité du Fleuve. C’est le plus grand projet de développement immobilier en Afrique centrale. Avec ce projet, Kinshasa sera une ville phare. Les gens viendront des pays limitrophes et de toute la région d’Afrique centrale pour venir voir ce qui a été réalisé, car ils en auront entendu parler. C’est un grand projet qui requiert le soutien de l’autorité publique (nous bénéficions déjà de ce soutien) et de la population pour que nous donnions à Kinshasa, et surtout à la RD Congo, sa place de leader en Afrique centrale et non celle de victime qui est la sienne aujourd’hui. »
A quel niveau se trouve ce chantier

« Le chantier se trouve dans la phase où nous avons remblayé assez de terrain où nous pouvons déjà construire un centre commercial, dans le deux mois, de 20 mille mètres carrés. Deux supermarchés sud-africains ont signé et accepté de s’établir ici. Les travaux se poursuivront avec la construction de 22 immeubles de trois étages d’appartements, lesquels seront livrés à la fin de l’année ou au début de l’an prochain. A partir d’août prochain, les travaux vont s’accélérer. L’entreprise Vinci arrive le 30 août 2010 avec de grosses dragues qui sont capables de remblayer 4 hectares par mois. Dans ce projet, il n’y a pas que Vinci, toutes les grandes entreprises de construction de la sous-région d’Afrique centrale travaillent d’ores et déjà avec nous. »
Very good news that confirms my information
Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM   #87
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 39,676
Likes (Received): 2879

June 2010.

__________________
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #88
Pius
The Urban Man
 
Pius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,320
Likes (Received): 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
June 2010.

Good progress. I can't wait to see the first buildings soon arising from the sand. They will probably be built by SAFRICAS, which will give the project a real Congolese touch.
Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #89
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 9,192
Likes (Received): 879

i'm pessimistic! i mean it's just a project that investors can abandon it...
__________________
W.A.O blog
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #90
nairoberry
Registered User
 
nairoberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,524
Likes (Received): 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
i'm pessimistic! i mean it's just a project that investors can abandon it...
or it is a real estate investment that will handly pay off the investors. which means the investors will flock to get a slice of the future city.
nairoberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #91
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 39,676
Likes (Received): 2879

Its a real estate investment. facts are that real estate investments by Congolese themselves has been booming for couple years now, not just in Kinshasa , but in many parts of the country especially( Kinshasa, Bukavu, Goma, Lubumbashi and Butembo city). Kinshasa has some of the most expensive estates.

This project will only have 700 mansions and 10,000 condos. When they start getting built, trust me they will be sold out before they're finished. Congolese are crazy spenders. Besides, the economy is just growing. should the infrastructures and planned investments in energy industries go ahead, you'll see more projects like this one.

And the market is just too big. Kinshasa is at 10 million people and growing. 700 mansions and 10k condos is a small fry for that many people. let alone the people in the diaspora and the rest of the country.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 05:00 AM   #92
nairoberry
Registered User
 
nairoberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,524
Likes (Received): 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I don't see any aparthied style living here. this project is a private progam and has nothing to do with the government.

I look at it as a benefit for Kinshasa people and Congolese in general. Angola is having a similar projects and we are happy for them, but we can't be happy for ourselves?

There are people that have money to perchase the houses, be it foreigners or locals, Congolese will benefit from it.

It brings money into the country.

The whole country can't be rich. those who work hard have the right to enjoy their hard earned living.

The government should go ahead and develop affordable Estates for the lower class. thats what every country does. But people can't be stoped building because there are poor people in the country.

Gombe, Ngaliema got some better off people, whats the difference from Cite du Fleuve.?

We have to live the communist mentality behind us, it never worked and it will never work.
wow!!! well said, its a private venture and it is capitalsm. those who got the money should be allowed to spend their money as they please as long its legal and as far as i can tell this project is absolutely legal
nairoberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #93
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 39,676
Likes (Received): 2879

As of june , 2010.





Last edited by BUTEMBO21; July 11th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #94
Abidrovia
Registered User
 
Abidrovia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC suburbs
Posts: 1,554
Likes (Received): 13

The thing I don't get is that wouldn't it be more timely and cost effective just to build on the existing land instead of creating a new land mass? I mean, is there really that much of a lack of land availability where they have to go as far as to create a new land mass?

But either way i'm sure this project will turn out beautiful
Abidrovia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #95
Lubum09
Registered User
 
Lubum09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lubumbashi
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abidrovia View Post
The thing I don't get is that wouldn't it be more timely and cost effective just to build on the existing land instead of creating a new land mass? I mean, is there really that much of a lack of land availability where they have to go as far as to create a new land mass?

But either way i'm sure this project will turn out beautiful

Because if you want to get such a great piece of land you have to go at least 30 km away from Gombe (where there are no roads, no electricity or water)!!!! Kinshasa is a very big city and it's quite impossible to get such a great area!!!!!
Lubum09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #96
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 39,676
Likes (Received): 2879

July 2010.















BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #97
èđđeůx
DrEameR
 
èđđeůx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,527
Likes (Received): 1473

trés beau, trés beau.
J'ai hâte de voir les bâtiments une fois le commencement de construction (mauvais français ).
__________________
Èddeůx »» *
-\('o^)-
Sig Reconstruction
èđđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #98
young po
Registered User
 
young po's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 196
Likes (Received): 14

I think that congoleses need this kind of amazing project to attract investors. This kind of project will make people aware that everything is possible in RDC. People will start to rush once the first building completed and on and on... Now let is see how long is gonna take. There is nothing to worry about those investors know what they are doing. You cannot invest such amount of time and money without knowing the outcome.

Last edited by young po; July 15th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
young po no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM   #99
Tbite
Expert
 
Tbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sud
Posts: 20,818

C'est magnifique, tres bien.
__________________
TBITE stands for; Thriving Better In Things Essential
In Architecture we find a way of celebrating Humanity and of raising ourselves above the concerns of the matter of fact - Jonathan Glancey
Tbite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #100
kaps76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbite View Post
C'est magnifique, tres bien.
Was watching the news this week, construction of the first buildings are to start this August. The guy mentioned a set of 15 buildings will start rising up. However, he mentioned that additional construction will be progressing as the building and appartments will be sold/rented in order to prevent the price from collapsing by delivering multiple buildings at once.
kaps76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
artificial island, congo, kinshasa, rdc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu