daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai

Mumbai Project news from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region - Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
» skyscrapers and supertalls | highrises

Old July 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #1341
IchimaruGin1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

WEH Near TOI on 6pm in the evening (as the vid says) watch muted

IchimaruGin1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #1342
anujkb
Man at work!

Likes (Received): 12

SAHAR ELEVATED ACCESS ROAD:

Hi everyone,

I visited the deck and the construction activities and this access road has many of its firsts in india. The site engineer told me foll info.

The pier width at deck level is mere 5.5 m, on this 9.1 m spine rests. This has been built by segment launching/lifting by launching crane. Now the last section (P1-P2) remains as a temple is waiting to be demolished. The pier span distance is 35 m.

Besides the 9.1 m spine, 9.1 m cantilever segments are attached to bridge at both ends, so total width of bridge is 27.3 m. Total 360 spinal segments are there and 720 cantilever segments. The casting yard is nearby.

The prestressing is carried both laterally and longitudinally.

The total road length is 2.3 km of which 1 km is elevated, 450 m is at surface and remaining is UNDERGROUND TUNNEL. The road will start from the slight turn at WEH by a DOWN RAMP crossing the north-south carriageway of WEH FROM BELOW (reason is that airspace comes in the cone of no construction of the airport).

The work includes demolition of 12 major buildings (3+ storey) almost done, 120 hutments of bharat nagar, demolition of a Water Tank and SHIFTING OF 3.5 M PIPELINE which is considered Mumbai;s lifeline.

The project is built by MMRDA upto P-30 after this the work is to be done by MIAL. But for both, the contractor is the same- L&T. Upto P30 the work is done by segment launching but later the spine is curved so it will be usual PSC girder (but even this will have cantilever segments). The work by MIAL is lagging behind so even if this bridge is completed it will be a hanging bridge. The work by MIAL includes 4 arms of this bridge to 4 terminals, and again rejoining of these 4 arms together to P25/26. This, even if done, will be of no use till new terminal (deadline 2014 set by LnT) is in use.

I will upload pics soon...
anujkb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #1343
kingfisher09
Mumbai, Toronto

Likes (Received): 15

Thank you Anujkb for the detailed info.

The first time I saw the SEAR was on my last trip to India in Aug 2009. At that time I had not even heard of the SEAR and my first impression on the way home was.. wow what is this thing? The SEAR will go a long way in reaching the airport quicker and faster. Please post the pics.
kingfisher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #1344
shanware

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujkb View Post

Thanks for the update Anuj !
shanware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #1345
bhargavsura

Great update, thanks.
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1346
IchimaruGin1
BANNED

60 complaints for Mumbai potholes daily

Old July 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1347
sumant

Likes (Received): 13

nothing new. Happens every monsoon except last year was an exception.
sumant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #1348
amit1980

Likes (Received): 0

Hi Guys ,

Any update on thw work going on for SCLR?
amit1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1349
williemore

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujkb View Post

Hi everyone,

I visited the deck and the construction activities and this access road has many of its firsts in india. The site engineer told me foll info.

The pier width at deck level is mere 5.5 m, on this 9.1 m spine rests. This has been built by segment launching/lifting by launching crane. Now the last section (P1-P2) remains as a temple is waiting to be demolished. The pier span distance is 35 m.

Besides the 9.1 m spine, 9.1 m cantilever segments are attached to bridge at both ends, so total width of bridge is 27.3 m. Total 360 spinal segments are there and 720 cantilever segments. The casting yard is nearby.

The prestressing is carried both laterally and longitudinally.

The total road length is 2.3 km of which 1 km is elevated, 450 m is at surface and remaining is UNDERGROUND TUNNEL. The road will start from the slight turn at WEH by a DOWN RAMP crossing the north-south carriageway of WEH FROM BELOW (reason is that airspace comes in the cone of no construction of the airport).

The work includes demolition of 12 major buildings (3+ storey) almost done, 120 hutments of bharat nagar, demolition of a Water Tank and SHIFTING OF 3.5 M PIPELINE which is considered Mumbai;s lifeline.

The project is built by MMRDA upto P-30 after this the work is to be done by MIAL. But for both, the contractor is the same- L&T. Upto P30 the work is done by segment launching but later the spine is curved so it will be usual PSC girder (but even this will have cantilever segments). The work by MIAL is lagging behind so even if this bridge is completed it will be a hanging bridge. The work by MIAL includes 4 arms of this bridge to 4 terminals, and again rejoining of these 4 arms together to P25/26. This, even if done, will be of no use till new terminal (deadline 2014 set by LnT) is in use.

I will upload pics soon...
pics ne?? thnks...
williemore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1350
nmogre11

Any word on the progress of Suman Nagar Flyover ?? Last I heard that the completion had been push to End of 2010. Does anyone have any pics ?? Iam not in Mumbai and any update would be appreciated. Thank you.
nmogre11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #1351
occupiedinthought

I have no idea what these guys mean...What 8 tracks are they talking about ?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Rail-o...e1-579227.aspx

Panjorpol, near Wadala, will be home to one of the longest railway overbridges in the city. The 60 metre overbridge, built at an estimated cost of Rs 30 crore by the MMRDA, will start from Sahyadri Nagar up to Rahul Nagar. The overbridges at Wadala and Matunga are more than 60 metres long.With nine pillars on either side, the bridge will go across eight tracks at Stanvack Nagar.

“This overbridge will be a safer mode of commute for locals,” Metropolitan Commissioner Ratnakar Gaikwad said.
While 30 per cent of the work is done, the remaining construction is expected to be complete by the end of this year.
The project is part of the Anik Panjarpol link road.
occupiedinthought no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #1352
occupiedinthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmogre11 View Post
Any word on the progress of Suman Nagar Flyover ?? Last I heard that the completion had been push to End of 2010. Does anyone have any pics ?? Iam not in Mumbai and any update would be appreciated. Thank you.
Looks like December completion but of course...can't be sure...

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets...ers/4874226973

Quote:
The Rs. 25-crore worth and 500 meter long Suman Nagar flyover and the Rs. 42-crore worth and 650 meter long Burfiwalla Junction Flyover both are more than 50% ready and are heading towards December completion.
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #1353
shanware

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by occupiedinthought View Post

Panjorpol, near Wadala, will be home to one of the longest railway overbridges in the city. The 60 metre overbridge, built at an estimated cost of Rs 30 crore by the MMRDA, will start from Sahyadri Nagar up to Rahul Nagar. The overbridges at Wadala and Matunga are more than 60 metres long.With nine pillars on either side, the bridge will go across eight tracks at Stanvack Nagar.

“This overbridge will be a safer mode of commute for locals,” Metropolitan Commissioner Ratnakar Gaikwad said.
While 30 per cent of the work is done, the remaining construction is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

If their past history is anything to go by, the idiots would still not have gotten permission from the Railways. As a result 'unavoidable circumstances' will delay the Eastern freeway.
shanware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #1354
koresh

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:

This bridge is coming near Mahul refinery in Chembur.
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #1355
occupiedinthought

thanks koresh...but what are these 8 tracks (tracks from the refinery to Kurla ) ? I could not find any in the map.
Also I remember someone had plotted the exact eastern freeway route all the way including exits. Can someone resend that link if they have it ?
Old July 29th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #1356
koresh

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:
thanks koresh...but what are these 8 tracks (tracks from the refinery to Kurla ) ? I could not find any in the map.
Also I remember someone had plotted the exact eastern freeway route all the way including exits. Can someone resend that link if they have it ?
The railway line from Kurla to Mahul refinery.The bridge is over the railway yard at Mahul. it will then head towards the tunnel and reach Panjrapole.
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1357
Coolguyz

Likes (Received): 5529

Quote:
Originally Posted by koresh View Post
The railway line from Kurla to Mahul refinery.The bridge is over the railway yard at Mahul. it will then head towards the tunnel and reach Panjrapole.
I guess it passes through RCF marg too, over monorail because i saw pillars at one of the junctions going towards the hills.
Coolguyz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1358
Coolguyz

Likes (Received): 5529

Updates of flyovers being built on Ambedkar marg. 3 segment launcher are working on the bharatmata-lalbaug flyover while the one at maheshwari udyan is being bulit by keeping segments on platforms between pillars

Northbound section of this flyover will open first, southbound will open later when merge the existing flyover here on the right to the new one
Coolguyz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1359
IchimaruGin1
BANNED

hmm nice pics cool guys

they seem on track
Old July 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #1360
IchimaruGin1
BANNED