daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Urbanism related discussions > Projects and Constructions > Abuja

Old August 2nd, 2010, 08:18 AM   #41
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Now, how can you not be pushing your tastes on anyone when you're giving height rules for architectural taste itself? Is preferring tall buildings not a taste? You need to quote somebody correctly before you start rewriting what they said in order to make your point. Nobody is even forcing tastes on anyone, the fact is that the first reason for the preference of a taller building was because of the same pattern buildings in Abuja are styled in, which is just clutter. Posting pictures of Cathedrals to counter my point of "can you think of an iconic building that isn't tall" (that's what I wrote, so please quote me correctly) purposely ignores the context, or at least I hope it does. That would be the equivalent of posting pictures of American yellow school buses if I asked if anyone has seen an iconic car that isn't slim....when we're talking about a fast car that is being manufactured.
When you are in a hole, stop digging.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM   #42
eze
Ai mie ose vbe imina

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoblessBeggar View Post
When you are in a hole, stop digging.
I looked hard, but I couldn't see your response to my last post. I guess that was supposed to be smart, as opposed to on topic.

kw ndi Afurika nọ̀ n'l! Biawa'zie ị hụ anyi!
eze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #43
Tbite
Expert

Courtesy of antonio rizza

I don't know if any of you guys remember what the project looked like, we seem to have lost the renders.

but this is what the project looks like right now. Still no work done, but they have put some covering over it.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM   #44
Tbite
Expert

I was wrong this is not Centre Point - it's the Old Nitel Building.

And was recently demolished