daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #41
edwinwang

Likes (Received): 0

Yah I also thought it should be Parkson cause Mid Valley already have Isetan, Metrojaya & Jusco. I think market force will make Nu Sentral to be mid to low as Mid Valley is already occupying the Mid to High market. Something like 1U or Sunway Pyramid would be perfect to fill the gap. Maybe should have a section focus on tourist as well. Tourist theme will work perfectly well there with so many budget motel in Brickfields, the little India attractions and given that most budget tourist arrive there.
edwinwang no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #42
patchay

Likes (Received): 1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinwang View Post
Yah I also thought it should be Parkson cause Mid Valley already have Isetan, Metrojaya & Jusco. I think market force will make Nu Sentral to be mid to low as Mid Valley is already occupying the Mid to High market. Something like 1U or Sunway Pyramid would be perfect to fill the gap. Maybe should have a section focus on tourist as well. Tourist theme will work perfectly well there with so many budget motel in Brickfields, the little India attractions and given that most budget tourist arrive there.

According to The Edge this weekend, a survey shows that Nu Sentral is targeting commuters of KL Sentral and found out that their average income is RM5,300 instead of projected RM3,000.

Household income within a 20-minute radius averages RM6,700 a month.

The office population in KL Sentral earns an average of RM9,000 a month. (thanks alot to PricewaterhouseCoopers, Maxis, UEM Group, etc)

So we (MRCB CEO Mohamed Razeek Hussain) decided to target the mall at the mid to high-income group.

-----

My comment:

NU Sentral will be another middle-class mall given that it is the country's first green mall. Its location also means many tourists will see the mall as the first impression of Kuala Lumpur.

The mall will house a supermarket, an electronics-all-in-one centre, a Golden Screen cinema, a bowling centre, a karaoke lounge, an indoor amusement centre, as well as a hobbies and leisure section.

I guess you will see the normal brands here like GAP, Guess, Topshop, Esprit, Forever 21, MNG Mango, Zara, etc. F&B will be the normal ones too... in particular those that will showcase "Malaysian food". I think several F&B will resemble those in Sooka Sentral.

To our dear mod, I think it's good idea to have PappaRich @ NU Sentral here too before yet another OldTown comes in.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #43
patchay

Don't be surprised to see either LV or Gucci here also........

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #44
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
According to The Edge this weekend, a survey shows that Nu Sentral is targeting commuters of KL Sentral and found out that their average income is RM5,300 instead of projected RM3,000.

Household income within a 20-minute radius averages RM6,700 a month.

The office population in KL Sentral earns an average of RM9,000 a month. (thanks alot to PricewaterhouseCoopers, Maxis, UEM Group, etc)

So we (MRCB CEO Mohamed Razeek Hussain) decided to target the mall at the mid to high-income group.

-----

My comment:

NU Sentral will be another middle-class mall given that it is the country's first green mall. Its location also means many tourists will see the mall as the first impression of Kuala Lumpur.

The mall will house a supermarket, an electronics-all-in-one centre, a Golden Screen cinema, a bowling centre, a karaoke lounge, an indoor amusement centre, as well as a hobbies and leisure section.

I guess you will see the normal brands here like GAP, Guess, Topshop, Esprit, Forever 21, MNG Mango, Zara, etc. F&B will be the normal ones too... in particular those that will showcase "Malaysian food". I think several F&B will resemble those in Sooka Sentral.

To our dear mod, I think it's good idea to have PappaRich @ NU Sentral here too before yet another OldTown comes in.

Hahaha......have tot of that but not too when I first got hold of the mall plans over a year ago but not sure bout the crowd there lah after so use to the MidValley crowd hehe......

It seems that opening shop anywhere other than MidValley seems to be a downgrade haha......cause it is either that rental is too high (e.g. Suria KLCC, Sg. Wang) or that the office crowd simply not enough (1U, Sunway Pyramid & The Curve) which all already have a PappaRich hehe.

Back to topic: I dun think that Nu Sentral had an average income that high lah.....I mean I still knew a few people at Maxis and I can assure you that majority of the people there do not earn an average of RM9k lo......

That goes the same with PWC because I happen to know some accountants there too and they are still at the 'struggling' RM3-4k bracket. Seriously even dining at PappaRich everyday is a luxury, nevermind the fact that upmarket brands that many people like. Normal brands that you've mentioned are fine but I do not expect this to be too upmarket.

My 2 sen......
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #45
musang
abed

Likes (Received): 2

^ where did they get the gaji figures from btw.. some people r known to tipu their gaji figures when asked semata2 nak nampak gah so to speak..

well my 5 cents la.. (hmm 3 cents better than ah sze ha haa jk)
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #46
dengilo

Likes (Received): 821

I think they got the numbers from their fantasy la la land!!!At the end of the day its the "ordinary "people that counts.Most of the people are passing thru sentral to complete their journey or working there!!!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #47
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2066

MRCB sees 6-7pc yearly return from Nu Sentral
By Sharen KaurPublished: 2010/08/09
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...#ixzz0w5as3uSV

MALAYSIAN Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) (1651) expects an annual return of 6-7 per cent from its RM1 billion Nu Sentral retail mall at Kuala Lumpur Sentral in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur.

Chief executive officer Mohamed Razeek Hussain is confident all 270 retail lots will be taken up before its completion in early 2012.

However, he declined to say how much the rental rates for the 1.2 million sq ft mall are.

"We have a lot of enquiries but we are being selective as we want to control the tenant mix. The lease will be reasonable and not as high as Suria KLCC. We expect up to RM70 million in revenue per annum," he said at the Nu Sentral retail launch last Friday.

MRCB has named Parkson department store and Golden Screen Cinemas as its anchor tenants, each taking 138,000 sq ft and 50,000 sq ft of space.

Nu Sentral will undergo both Singapore's BCA Green Mark (compliance) and Malaysia's Green Building Index (certification), making it the first green retail mall in Malaysia.

"The real estate mantra is always location, location, location, which we already have. What we are saying is position, position, position, setting a new standard and experience. We expect the mall to attract a large number of people," Mohamed Razeek said.

The seven-storey mall is part of the RM1.4 billion Lot G integrated development, a 51:49 per cent joint venture between MRCB and Pelaburan Hartanah Bhd (PHB).

The other component at Lot G is a 27-storey office tower with net lettable area of 450,000 sq ft. The building is owned by PHB.

PHB managing director/chief executive officer Kamalul Arifin Othman said the office tower will be leased to a single tenant.

PHB is in talks with a few parties but he declined to name them. MRCB has some RM8 billion worth of on-going projects at KL Sentral.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #48
erwinkarim

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by musang View Post
^ where did they get the gaji figures from btw.. some people r known to tipu their gaji figures when asked semata2 nak nampak gah so to speak..

well my 5 cents la.. (hmm 3 cents better than ah sze ha haa jk)
i think they got from HR which shows only average salary...

there's always a few individuals which always jack up the average... like the 40-60k/month CEO... or the expats who happens to work there...

my 2 cents....
erwinkarim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #49
patchay

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
That goes the same with PWC because I happen to know some accountants there too and they are still at the 'struggling' RM3-4k bracket....
Yeah!! I've just started my struggling not too long ago... but normally PwC bonus is quite good compared to mine (competitor to PwC) as they dominate the audit market share amongst GLCs...

There are also alot of expats working in KL Sentral.... and lotsa very well paid corporate CEOs and also Partners of PwC....... i think ppl at UMW oil & Gas (hq in KL Sentral) have quite good pay as well....... Besides that, I think the survey forgotten to include places like Brickfields, etc.

Old August 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #50
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 1234

I think NU Sentral, in longer term, would be good.

Imagine people who transit flight through KL (just an imagination), fast train to KL Sentral. Then, shop or do short sightseeing in KL before return to KLIA for the next flight.

Not many places in Klang Valley where you can see high number of pedestrians unless if you say KLCC or Bukit Bintang (accessible via rail).

This feels like in Hong Kong. You take Airport Express from the airport to Hong Kong station, which is just beside to the "Two IFC" building.
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #51
edwinwang

Likes (Received): 0

With such a rich demographic in KL Sentral, I always wonder why Sooka Sentral doesn't have much luxury restaurants?
edwinwang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #52
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinwang View Post
With such a rich demographic in KL Sentral, I always wonder why Sooka Sentral doesn't have much luxury restaurants?
kelantan delights quite xpensiv wat....anyway the bzness really good during lunch hour until 6pm and then its a dead area haha...
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #53
choon

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
kelantan delights quite xpensiv wat....anyway the bzness really good during lunch hour until 6pm and then its a dead area haha...
I heard Sushi King closed shop..
choon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #54
patchay

Congrats:

Rumours are rife that another Starwood Hotel will make its presence in KL Sentral. Bear in mind, Starwood in Malaysia owns Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, Four Points and St Regis (planned).

Ireka-Aseana's hotel component (aka Lot G Parcel D, next to Parcel A called Nu Sentral) is getting ALOFT KUALA LUMPUR.

Really a hotel for the hype, youthful and the cheerful !!!!

(aloft in Bangkok is opening in 2011)

Old August 20th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #55
lohxy

Likes (Received): 25

The consturction progress is quite fast. I can see a big hole from KL Sentral
lohxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #56
patchay

WOW NU SENTRAL!!!

Old August 25th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #57
dengilo

Pat is that the lot where all the showrooms are now?
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #58
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
bukanla
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #59
dengilo

The entire length of the mall is the same as the present terminal looking at the top photo but the tower side is beyond that.may be i am wronglah
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #60
patchay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post

nope nope the site now is heavily underconstruction.... opposite the KL Monorail Tun Sambanthan

now this is my favourite building in KL... better than Lot C and Grand Hyatt