daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues

United States Urban Issues Discussions and pictures of highrises, urbanity, architecture and the built environment of US cities

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: South Bronx or Compton, which is more deadlier??
South Bronx 19 37.25%
Compton 21 41.18%
I don't know 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 13th, 2005, 05:06 AM   #41
TreeBeard
Who yeah gonna call?

Likes (Received): 0

No he is talking about the way Toronto media says Toronto is going to hell because there is 65 murders in a city of 2, 600 000.

You know what the sad part is? It is America's fault if Canada has a bad view of Compton. We don't hear any news about Compton in Canada. We only know about Compton's reputation through your Hollywood movies, and other sources of entertainment. In fact for me personally any bad opinion I have on any major American city except Buffalo is due to movies or entertainment. (By the way I have no bad impression of Buffalo itís just the only major American city I have been to) I have yet to see and positive movie about Detroit. It is all gang and violence related. I guess the American public loves to watch how the poor live and kill each other, and this is why we keep seeing movies such as Get Rich or Die Trying coming out. It would be nice to see something positive about these cities. Maybe the Super Bowl this year can help Detroitís image.

And no 50 cent going from a thug possible drug dealer, to a rapper is not a positive movie. I do like 50 centís music I should add.

One last question to those who live in the Bronx or Compton or any other termed violent area in America. How close are some of these movies to showing the true accuracy of life in these neighbourhoods. I mean Compton or the Bronx could have some nice places, but I would never know this.

You live by the words you choose
TreeBeard no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 13th, 2005, 06:10 AM   #42
LosAngelesSportsFan

Likes (Received): 180

the numbers are slightly off. 80 is the the most they ever had in compton, that was sometime in the early 90's i think. Last year, Compton had 39 murders, its lowest in a long time and this year they have seen a uprising to 56 at the moment i believe, although its been quiet the last month or so. the city population is up to 97,000.
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #43
BigDan35

The most accurate portrayal of Compton as far as movies go would probably be "Boyz N The Hood" although that isn't necessarily Compton but South Los Angeles. Also "Menace II Society" which takes place in Watts, Compton's so called "neighbor".

That is kinda funny though how the Toronto media says the city is going to hell because it had 65 murders in a city of 2,600,000. That would be a murder rate of 2.5 per 100,000. Here in the United States the average murder rate for any given city is 3.6 per 100,000 which is a very low number lol.
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #44
TreeBeard
Who yeah gonna call?

It's all good BigDan I would feel just as safe living in most places in the United States.

You live by the words you choose
TreeBeard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #45
BigDan35

^ Well that's good to know.
Old November 17th, 2005, 06:49 AM   #46
RAS85
BANNED

These polls are really something. I'l go with the whole city of Detroit over Compton and South Bronx.
RAS85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote