daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Scale Models

Scale Models Showcase and discussions

Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Hanzie

Likes (Received): 4

Hanzie's Models

Welcome to my thread friend,

Firstly, I'm not trying to be rude, but I will not take requests, nor collaborate.
I simply wanted to create a page to allow others the chance to build my models, as so many of you have done (which I have enjoyed greatly).

The majority of my models will be from New York City; But I may do some from Boston, Baltimore, Wilmington or Philly being that those are the cities that have personal meaning to me.

I only have Paint to work with, so these models will not be anywhere near the detail of many models on here, but I've done one thus far and I admit I am quite proud of it!

Please don't expect a new model every day, week, maybe even month... I am a college student with 35 hour work weeks and spend a considerable amount of time building your models, so when one of mine pops up, please don't hound me for another and just enjoy what I can do. I wouldn't have spent time creating this thread if I didn't want others to enjoy my models.

I have not tried to use Rei's scale yet, I may in the future but I'm just eying the buildings for now.

Lastly, I can build a computer from scratch, but I have no idea how to do certain things like posting pictures in posts (or make a damn avatar for my account), so until I figure that out, I'm just going to post links to the models on my photobucket account.

Without further hesitation my first model is the Ramada Renaissance Hotel in Times Square. I just realized I never included a base for the model since I have a sheet of sidewalk looking terrain that I just cut off pieces for most bases. If you feel inclined to make a base for it, or modify it in any way please feel free (this model and any future models). Please just post what you do, as I would love to see your creativity!

http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/a...mesSquare2.jpg

Hanzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:18 AM   #2
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

Likes (Received): 554

welcome to the forum and great new models and the way to post pics are copy the url of your pic and find the icon on the message box
that looks like mountains and paste the url there
CNTower246810 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:34 AM   #3
Hanzie

Hi CNTower! Thank you for the greetings!

I assumed the mountain looking picture allows us to post pictures on the page, however I don't know where to find a url for the image. Is that from online, or can I get it from my pictures folder on my computer?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM   #4
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

well you have to upload the pic on what ever you upload it on and right click it and then click properties and copy url (adress) and then paste it on the mountain looking thing well click it first then paste it
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:41 AM   #5
Hanzie

Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:42 AM   #6
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

???... no pic
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:50 AM   #7
Hanzie

[IMG][/IMG]

I've never done this before, took me a couple tries, I couldn't find anything that said properties when I right clicked the image. I'll try to remember what to do for future posts haha. I also tried to delete the blank post, no luck though.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:53 AM   #8
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

you cant delete post only mods can and the properties should have been at the very bottom when you right click
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:01 AM   #9
Hanzie

Thank you for the heads up! I did end up finding the [IMG] link, I had to get it by viewing the image from the album instead of the image directly. I actually got a URL from going into the image info, but when i posted it that is what caused the blank post. Either way its all good now! Thank you again!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:14 AM   #10
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Likes (Received): 136

WOW!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! One question though, are your models at 1:1700 scale?
skyscraperlover9595 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:24 AM   #11
Hanzie

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! Like I said in my first post though, I'm pretty much eying my models, so its not an exact science. I'm not going to call it 1/1700 scale, but i found that when i printed it at 65% using page set up in Microsoft Paint, it comes out to scale compared to my other models, all of which I print at 75% to make sure they fit entirely on a piece of paper. I'm not going to modify what I have now or anytime soon to make sure it absolutely is 1/1700, but if you feel inclined to by all means go right ahead.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:28 AM   #12
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Use this:

Just drag it into MS Paint, go to skyscraperpage.com, choose the building you want, and draw it to scale. That's how I do it.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:36 AM   #13
Hanzie

Thank you, I do have Rei's scale already saved to my models file, like I said though, I have no plans to mess with making it completely accurate for the time being though. I'm going to leave that to anyone who truly desires a 1/1700 model
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:40 AM   #14
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

I know you are not taking requests, but I just wanted to give you a suggestion. Maybe the Bell Atlantic Tower in Philly. Like I said you don't have to make this one. Oh and just to let you know, I am totally building 2 Times Square tomorrow. Oh and if its not to much, could you visit my website, and tell me what you think?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:13 AM   #15
Skyscrapers144
RISING HIGH

Likes (Received): 773

Welcome to SkyscraperCity Hanzie!!! I am Skyscrapers144, you may call me SS144 for short. I like your 1st model!!!!! Way better then mine, lol. Anyways since you like New York skyscrapers why don't you come visit the New York City Skyscraper Models thread!!!! Click here to view!!!
Skyscrapers144 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:21 AM   #16
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

That reminds me, could you post my New York models too?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM   #17
Russian Sam
Real name Илья (Ilia)

Likes (Received): 180

Amazing job, Hanzie! Congrats & Welcome to our forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzie View Post
I only have Paint to work with, so these models will not be anywhere near the detail of many models on here, but I've done one thus far and I admit I am quite proud of it!
Look at my models - they are created with Paint too. So you too can make detailed model. True my models created in larger scale.
Russian Sam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #18
Skyscrapers144
RISING HIGH

Likes (Received): 773

Hanzie everyone here uses Paint too and their models come out as detail as the ones you have seen!!!!!! That means you can make them the way we do!!!
Skyscrapers144 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:39 AM   #19
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144 View Post
Hanzie everyone here uses Paint too and their models come out as detail as the ones you have seen!!!!!! That means you can make them the way we do!!!
Except me. I use Paintbrush. Its a program for Mac users. Yes I have a MacBook
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #20
Hanzie

Thank you all for the kind words!

I had no idea that all these incredibly detailed models were made with paint, that's extremely impressive!

Bell Atlantic Tower would be cool to make, however, I'm still kind of in the box stage at the moment, and while I'm sure I could pull it off, I'd rather save it until I'm more experienced doing this.

I have started a second one, which I'd like to get done before classes begin. I am using the scale so I guess this will be the first legit model of mine haha. All I'm saying is that its in NYC, and its extremely tall for how skinny it is, which narrows it down to one of two really haha

Also started saving in PNG, however Ramada might be blurry in parts (especially the billboards) because I had a little trouble finding unobscured views of the billboards dead ahead. Having thought on it a while I probably will redo the model at some point, I've even thought about just making the frames of the screens and such and having a blank spot where anyone could put whatever they like.