daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery Cityscapes, skylines and landscapes

Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:42 PM   #81
Pius
The Urban Man

Likes (Received): 648

Additional economic activities must be developed in Eastern Kasai for the province to be lifted out of a quasi self-imposed misery. A rent-seeking economy based on diamond revenue is a curse, not a blessing, to the province. Even if MIBA were managed properly and all “private” diamond dealers were brought under state control, the province would still not be in a position to ensure its economic survival. The limited diamond reserves, the population growth and the volatility of the market price reduce profitability and make it structurally impossible for the diamond sector alone to lift the whole province out of poverty.

Why not develop the agriculture sector? The province can grow, even export wheat. Why not invest in food-processing industry or in light industry in general?
There are enough rich Kasaians who should set an example by investing their diamond revenues in their province instead of bragging in Kinshasa or buying mansions abroad.

Last edited by Pius; September 2nd, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:17 AM   #82
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 2838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius View Post
Additional economic activities must be developed in Eastern Kasai for the province to be lifted out of a quasi self-imposed misery. A rent-seeking economy based on diamond revenue is a curse, not a blessing, to the province. Even if MIBA were managed properly and all “private” diamond dealers were brought under state control, the province would still not be in a position to ensure its economic survival. The limited diamond reserves, the population growth and the volatility of the market price reduce profitability and make it structurally impossible for the diamond sector alone to lift the whole province out of poverty.
I have repeated that so many times.

The cure for Congo is not minerals. Agriculture is the cure. Look at Indonesia, Viet-Nam, Maleysia ect... they export rice and just palm Oil all over the world and we export minerals. but we are poorer than them.
Quote:
Why not develop the agriculture sector? The province can grow, even export wheat. Why not invest in food-processing industry or in light industry in general?
There are enough rich Kasaians who should set an example by investing their diamond revenues in their province instead of bragging in Kinshasa or buying mansions abroad.
I have brought up this agriculture investment countless times in my life. But sadly most Congolese view Agriculture as the poor man's job (Just like the rest of South of Sahara Africa).

No country can become wealthy and industrial without Agriculture. Now days the agriculture industry is a massive world business. Look at Brazil, South Africa, US, they make more money from Agriculture than any other industry.

There is no industry that employs more people indirectly than Agriculture in developed and developing countries.

Diamond will always end in the hands of the few in the CG (Central government) and the provincial officials. People will ever barely see anything.

If they use the supposed 10 million dollars , they could use 3 million dollars to buy tractors, then use the 7 million dollars farm.

But to have a successful agriculture, you need infrastructures in place. How would you evacuate the products for exports? even just from the rural to the city?

Every province can invest in agriculture with only 200,000 Hectares each for commercial agriculture. Financed by the provincial governments. Corn wheat Soy Bean,

Then small farming (15-50 hectares/family willing to farm Veggies, Potatoes, Fruits, Rice, Cotton).

We need infrastructures to make that happen, There are no excuses why we can't do it.

Diamonds just involves a couple hundreds dudes. how much development is that?

Even the other mining. Look at Katanga.
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #83
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I have repeated that so many times.

The cure for Congo is not minerals. Agriculture is the cure. Look at Indonesia, Viet-Nam, Maleysia ect... they export rice and just palm Oil all over the world and we export minerals. but we are poorer than them.

I have brought up this agriculture investment countless times in my life. But sadly most Congolese view Agriculture as the poor man's job (Just like the rest of South of Sahara Africa).

No country can become wealthy and industrial without Agriculture. Now days the agriculture industry is a massive world business. Look at Brazil, South Africa, US, they make more money from Agriculture than any other industry.

There is no industry that employs more people indirectly than Agriculture in developed and developing countries.

Diamond will always end in the hands of the few in the CG (Central government) and the provincial officials. People will ever barely see anything.

If they use the supposed 10 million dollars , they could use 3 million dollars to buy tractors, then use the 7 million dollars farm.

But to have a successful agriculture, you need infrastructures in place. How would you evacuate the products for exports? even just from the rural to the city?

Every province can invest in agriculture with only 200,000 Hectares each for commercial agriculture. Financed by the provincial governments. Corn wheat Soy Bean,

Then small farming (15-50 hectares/family willing to farm Veggies, Potatoes, Fruits, Rice, Cotton).

We need infrastructures to make that happen, There are no excuses why we can't do it.

Diamonds just involves a couple hundreds dudes. how much development is that?

Even the other mining. Look at Katanga.
How can you expand or develop others industries without dependable source of energy ?

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #84
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
How can you expand or develop others industries without dependable source of energy ?

Mulopwe
Thats why mentioned INFRASTRUCTURES (Energy , Roads, Rail). I know i should have been specific.

Quote:

But electricity alone is the driver of the modern industrial developed world we have today.

However. Just for agriculture output or mass productions alone, one doesn't need electricity. Uganda an agroculture is Surplus country though the lectricity is only available to 15% only. Malawi is a Corn surplus country as well.

There are no excuses why this country can't be a surplus in this age. i know we were once.

But now its embarrassing. This government is ......
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #85
Albert1313
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

great country

Albert1313 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #86
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Mulopwe,

You don't need electricity to mass produce corn, soy bean, rice etc.. Nor do You need electricity to transport the mass production.

Of course you need electricity to transform or process certain foods productions.

You can't have a successful agriculture if there is not Roads.

If in my province i have 10 million people and then you give me a choice to produce 30 million Carats of Diamond/year or 15 million Tonnes of corn or beans or rice/year.

I will choose 15 million tonnes of corn or beans or rice. I wouldn't even need electricity to produce this. and I will employ waaaaaay more people because of this industry that i can with Diamond and have a more balanced distribution of wealth.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #87
Mulopwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
Mulopwe,

You don't need electricity to mass produce corn, soy bean, rice etc.. Nor do You need electricity to transport the mass production.

Of course you need electricity to transform or process certain foods productions.

You can't have a successful agriculture if there is not Roads.

If in my province i have 10 million people and then you give me a choice to produce 30 million Carats of Diamond/year or 15 million Tonnes of corn or beans or rice/year.

I will choose 15 million tonnes of corn or beans or rice. I wouldn't even need electricity to produce this. and I will employ waaaaaay more people because of this industry that i can with Diamond and have a more balanced distribution of wealth.
For your information, Grand kasai produce enough corn and cassava (Self-sufficient). My point is that without electricity, it will be difficult to transform these product to add value and increase producers income.

Mulopwe
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #88
preme3000

Likes (Received): 601

Mulopwe, thanks for the pics, the hotels were a nice surprise.
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #89
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
For your information, Grand kasai produce enough corn and cassava (Self-sufficient). My point is that without electricity, it will be difficult to transform these product to add value and increase producers income.

Mulopwe
I know they self sufficient and know the production can easily be raised. Thats why i said that Roads must be built. But the diamonds have ended in few people's pockets , we all know that. Both Kasais gets almost nothing from the production.

The majority of people never profited from the production.

However: I'm not a big fan of mineral run economy . I prefer agriculture because it benefits most people. Unlike minerals that end up in Central Government Dinosaurs' mouths.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; September 8th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #90
Mulopwe

Cathedrale Bonzulu

Rond Point Etoile

Bio-Congo

MBM 2010

Mulopwe
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #91
243.cd

Likes (Received): 0

being a muluba, raised out side my country, never been to the kasai provinces before? i realy would like to be seeing more and more pictures from my homeland!!!!!!!!!!
243.cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 05:59 PM   #92
Nijal

Likes (Received): 777

Merci pour les photos.

A ce qu'il paraît, MBuji-Mayi est la ville la plus chère de la RDC... devant Kinshasa!
Nijal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:25 AM   #93
Karavia

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijal View Post
Merci pour les photos.

A ce qu'il paraît, MBuji-Mayi est la ville la plus chère de la RDC... devant Kinshasa!
Could be but because there is nothing. La rareté fait que tout devient cher et précieux.
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM   #94
Mulopwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karavia View Post
Could be but because there is nothing. La rareté fait que tout devient cher et précieux.
Depuis la fermeture de la Miba;bcp des choses ont changer. Des jeunnes gens s'interressent des plus en plus aux activites agricoles ... y'a des petites societes des transformations des produits agricoles etc.... Les prix des aliments de base ont sensiblement baisser.

Mulopwe

Last edited by Mulopwe; August 10th, 2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM   #95
Karavia

Quote:
Depuis la fermeture de la Miba;bcp des choses ont changer. Des jeunnes gens s'interressent des plus en plus aux activites agricoles ... y'a des petits societes de transformations des produits agricoles etc.... Les prix des aliments de base ont sensiblement baisser.

Mulopwe
Dieu merci! C'est dommage, il a fallu atteindre l'extrême pour que les gens se réveillent! Pas seulement au Kasai mais partout ailleurs au Congo. Ici je pense que c'est qui est cher, ce sont les produits importés, manufacturés vu le coût du transport.
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM   #96
Nijal

Likes (Received): 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karavia View Post
Ici je pense que c'est qui est cher, ce sont les produits importés, manufacturés vu le coût du transport.
Oui. A Lubumbashi les produits arrivent de la Zambie, et la route est bonne jusqu'à Kasumbalesa, à la frontière. Mais pour aller de Lubumbashi jusqu'au Kasaï, pas vraiment de route bitumée... Dur! Mais peut-être que les produits arrivent de Kinshasa ou de l'Angola... Qu'en pensez-vous?
Nijal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM   #97
Karavia

Quote:
Oui. A Lubumbashi les produits arrivent de la Zambie, et la route est bonne jusqu'à Kasumbalesa, à la frontière. Mais pour aller de Lubumbashi jusqu'au Kasaï, pas vraiment de route bitumée... Dur! Mais peut-être que les produits arrivent de Kinshasa ou de l'Angola... Qu'en pensez-vous?
Le coût est encore très élevé car arrivant par voie aérienne. La seule bonne solution durable et peu couteuse est le réhabilitation de la voie ferroviaire, le Katanga , le Maniena et les deux Kasais en profiteront largement. A nouveau comme le management semble n'est pas être inscrit dans les gênes de nos dirigeants, on subit ...
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM   #98
Mulopwe

Quote:
La plus part des produits manufacturer provienent de la Zambie est Lubumbashi. Un sac de ciment qui se vent a $14 partout ailleurs est vendu a MBM a $30-50 dollars ...terrible !

Neamoin, y'a une brasserie , Sogakor qui produit des boissons sucre , 4 grand boulangeries , usine de fabrication de glace etc...

Mulopwe
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:01 PM   #99
Mulopwe

Quote:
Voici la reponse.

Mulopwe

Augmentation de 16% de la production agricole au Kasaï Oriental

Mbuji-Mayi, 01/11(ACP).- Une augmentation de 16% a été enregistrée sur la production agricole dans la province du Kasaï Oriental, grâce à la mécanisation de l’agriculture, au recours aux tracteurs dans les différents villages, a déclaré le ministre provincial de l'agriculture devant l'assemblée provinciale. Le ministre provincial a souligné que la mécanisation de l'agriculture a permis de combler le déficit alimentaire à cause de la culture manuelle jusque là pratiquée par les paysans qui ne pouvaient augmenter les superficies, et dont la production ne servait qu'à une partie de l'alimentation. Anaclet Mbuyi Cileo, ministre de l'Agriculture répondait ainsi à une question orale du député Jean de Dieu Kalombo wa Mpunga, sur l'impact du labour mécanique et la visibilité des champs du gouvernement provincial et de ses membres. Pour ce qui est de la distribution des tracteurs aux paysans, des frais sont exigés comme contribution des paysans à la maintenance des engins. Il est vrai que tous les paysans n'ont pas facilement accès à ces tracteurs, à cause des frais dépassant leurs bourses, mais qu'il est installé dans les différents territoires, des services d'encadrement technique du secteur agricole. Quant à la question sur la visibilité des champs du gouvernement provincial, le ministre de l'agriculture a affirmé que des vastes étendues de champs existent dans le territoire de Ngandajika, choisi ainsi à cause de la fertilité de son sol et des bonnes conditions climatiques.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #100
Mulopwe

Chers tous,

La ville de Mbujimayi va fêter avant la fin de l'année son cinquantenaire. Un siteweb a été créé et mis en place à ce propos. Visitez à l'adresse suivante :

http://www.mbujimayi.org/

Mulopwe