daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #121
razpatrol99

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
I totally agree with u!Its scarry at night too.
yeah... ive been mugged once overthere. Never i have put my foot on that skybridge since then..
razpatrol99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #122
lohxy

Likes (Received): 25

Narrow and dirty. And does not connect directly to the stations...
lohxy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #123
dengilo

Likes (Received): 910

Its the most not user friendly bridge just like the one next to wisma simedarby!!Whats the point of it looking nice from the street level but not serving its purpose.I think they should clear the HUTAN on the bank negara side!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #124
ebar86

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
Its the most not user friendly bridge just like the one next to wisma simedarby!!Whats the point of it looking nice from the street level but not serving its purpose.I think they should clear the HUTAN on the bank negara side!
always imagine someone will come and stab me there!!

tht bridge should be revamp,,make it flatter,, at least
ebar86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:15 AM   #125
dengilo

I agree with u!I am trying to figure which came first the bridge or the commuter train service?All we need is a simple,practical and well lit bridge thats all.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM   #126
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 99

the impiana - KL convention centre skybridge rendering is up
will post up photo later. Similar facade as the convention centre
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM   #127
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2150

Impiana - KL convention centre skybridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by msyukry08 View Post
image hosted on flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #128
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1078

walkways at CM almost complted
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #129
XNeo

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
this one in Spore very nicee.

wish KL have beautiful and modern skybridge .
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #130
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1078

About
upgrading the pedestrian linkage around KL city.
to ease pedestrian's walkway.
to green up the city.

Client : DBKL
Building status : ongoing building work
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #131
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 1201

nice
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #132
izwanadzman

Likes (Received): 0

Pavilion Brige

I like the one at Pavilion KL brige, looks modern
izwanadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #133
aim11086

Likes (Received): 3

OMG..rizal! tats great!
reli green!!
gud effort! izit all over KL or juz BB area?
aim11086 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #134
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 99

Wonder why KL don't get underground passage instead of sky bridges. Budget reason?
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #135
dengilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^ View Post
Wonder why KL don't get underground passage instead of sky bridges. Budget reason?
Try visiting the ones at KTM old station and,Masjid Negara see if anyone uses them
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #136
PlanetNova

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Impiana - KL convention centre skybridge
Such a short distance, what a waste of money. Please do the sidewalks properly instead!!
PlanetNova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #137
andyf

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetNova View Post
Please do the sidewalks properly instead!!
I agree. Spend money on the pavements and not allow vehicles to park on them. Also, for my benefit, do something about crossing Jln Imbi at Berjaya
Times Square at night. I've been dicing with death crossing the road and jumping the floral barrier coming from Plaza Berjaya.
andyf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #138
shasujka

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^ View Post
Is easier to build in atmosphere rather than mess up yourself to realign the water pipes, telephone lines, sanitation pipes blabla... along the way
shasujka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #139
constipation

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim11086 View Post
OMG..rizal! tats great!
reli green!!
gud effort! izit all over KL or juz BB area?
don't be so over excited,that just an artist impression..believe me,after its done,its totally different... it definitely will be, BREATHTAKING,AMAZING,GORGEOUS WALKWAYS!
constipation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #140
constipation

Likes (Received): 106

Teen menace in Bukit Bintang 2010/10/18
By Noel Achariam
streets@nstp.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Residents and business operators in Bukit Bintang are claiming that they're being terrorised by groups of teenagers who hang out in front of a bank in Bukit Bintang on weekends.
They say the teenagers would start to gather in the area about 4pm onwards and would turn rowdy and fight, drink alcohol and harass tourists and passers-by.

They also say that it is not safe to walk around the Bukit Bintang area with the rowdy teenagers around.

A Bukit Bintang resident was recently assaulted by a group of teenagers in front of his home after having supper with friends in Jalan Alor. Resident Johnny Leong Ngai Siong, 31, who lives near the Ain-Arabia garden in Jalan Berangan, was confronted by a group of teenagers when he arrived at his three-storey walk-up flats at 4.30am.

Leong said he saw the group of 12 teenagers and young adults kicking and stomping on his father's motorcycle which was parked in front of his home.

"When I approached the teens and asked them to stop damaging the motorcycle and leave, three of them turned on me and started punching and kicking me.

"Fearing for my safety, I grabbed a short iron pipe from my house to defend myself. Seeing the iron rod, the teens fled down the hill towards Hotel Istana. Frustrated and angry, I called Rakan Cop and then proceeded to chase the youths," he said.

After a short chase, Leong said the youths stopped near a bank in Bukit Bintang, where some of their friends were having a drink.

"When I reached them, I recognised one of the youths who hit me. I grabbed him and wrestled him to the ground. The security guard at the bank also helped me detain the youth.

"After a few minutes, the police arrived and told us to lodge a report. They then took the youth in their patrol car to the Tun HS Lee police station at Jalan Stadium.

"After explaining my ordeal, the police officer said that they could not do much and had to let the youngster go. They asked me to wait for the investigating officer to look into the case," he said.

Leong was disappointed that the police did not detain the youth whom he claimed had assaulted him.

"The police should have detained the youth. Do we need to wait until someone gets badly injured before the police takes action?" he asked.

About three months ago, a photographer from a local daily was hit on the head by a group of youngsters in the area. The photographer received four stitches on the head.

Residents living in the three-storey walk-up flats in Jalan Beremi and Jalan Berangan have also complained that the Arabian-themed garden has turned into a playground for rowdy teenagers over the past two years.

The residents also claimed that on weekends, the Ain-Arabia was full of rowdy teenagers making a din. The residents have also complained of thefts, car break-ins, drug addicts and vandals in their area.

Leong said the residents are still not satisfied with the level of security in their area despite police patrols. "The presence of police officers here has still not deterred the teenagers from coming here and misbehaving," he said.

Leong said that the residents want to start a community watch with the police to combat crime in their area. "They have suggested having a meeting with the police officer in-charge of the district every month. We urge the police to place a police beat base at Ain-Arabia," he said.

A manager of a fast food outlet in Bukit Bintang who declined to be named said that he has seen the teenagers, particularly the "skinheads", harassing his customers.

"The teenagers will come into the restaurant and steal my customers' food while they are eating. Some of them will also eat the leftovers," he said. The manager said he has received several complaints about these rowdies and has asked his colleagues to watch out for these troublemakers.

"If we see them in the restaurant, our managers will chase them out," he said.

A front-office staff at a hotel in Jalan Berangan, next to the Ain-Arabia, claimed that her hotel guests were harassed by a group of teenagers at 4am last week. "The Middle-Eastern tourists were returning to the hotel when they were harassed by these teenagers hanging out at the Ain-Arabia garden. The guests complained that several teenagers were shouting and throwing stones at them," she said.

A bakery shop owner in Jalan Bukit Bintang claimed that a group of teenagers had threatened to beat him up two weeks ago. "Some of the teenagers had illegally parked their motorcycles on the road next to my shop. When I asked them to move their motorcycles, they hurled abuses at me and threatened to hit me if I knocked into their motorcycles," he said.

A coffee outlet manager who also declined to be named said that the teenagers have been fighting among themselves and harassing passers-by for years. "Although, there're police patrols here, the authorities won't act until a crime is committed. We hope the authorities will look into this because Bukit Bintang is a major tourist hub in the city," he said.

The Ain-Arabia garden was set up in 2006 to cater to Middle Eastern tourists visiting the restaurants in the area.

Most of the Middle Eastern restaurants in the area, however, have since closed down and the garden has become a haunt for these rowdies.

anyhow,it's quite scary to walk along Jln Bukit Bintang nowadays,those rowdy teen always harassing tourist, students, people, etc..n their fashion so not-up to date,tights jeans, gothic style..disgusting to see those animals roaming around our city
constipation no está en línea   Reply With Quote