daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Highways and Roadways

Old October 10th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #1341
michael677

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayki View Post
Bakit mukhang pera? nangongotong ba sila kapalit ng ticket sa violation na iisue nya? Alam ko pag nahuli ka nila for overspeeding sa may toll gate ka na nila aabangan.

As much as possible i stay at 100 kph speed sa NLEX and stay at the left most lane.. i dont want to change lane as much as possible to lessen fuel consumption. Occasionally i will go 110-120kph when i think vehicles at the right lane are too slow (less than 100kph) and the vehicle behind me wants to overtake.

When i saw patrol cars along the road i make sure i dont go beyond 100 kph mark, when i passed them thats the time it will be safe to increase speed beyond 100kph if necessary. I never experience being apprehended in NLEX ever.
catching violators is big business. May nakasabay ako sa LTO east ave, 105 ang takbo nahuli pa din. Ang sagot ng Nlex officer maski 101 they will fine you 1200 pesos for overspeeding...

ganito ang pagkahuli sa akin, upon nearing the toll gate, around 10 officers approach different vehicles.. ang dami tlga that sunday noontime

meron sila list, ako na ung pang 15 sa list that day na nahuli. the speed of the violators range from 105 to 160

so ingat tlga lagi dun! i never expected na mahuhuli ako dun since im not a reckless driver, somtimes lang tlga hndi ma mabantayan speed mo
michael677 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #1342
metrosuburban

Likes (Received): 23

^ stupid and ridiculous but yeah, catching violators parang sales commission yan, may quota kaya kylangan makahuli ng minimum number of "offenders" kuno.. i doubt kung 24 hours yan nakabantay. tiempo na minalas ka..
metrosuburban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #1343
ICHUO_MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael677 View Post
ingat sa NLEX!!! THEY WILL CATCH U IF U GO 101 KPH!!!

MGA MUKHANG PERA TLGA!

does anyone know where these goons are hiding using their speed guns?

dapat anyone caught going below 80kph should be fined double! i think theyre the ones causing the accidents
for sure sa tollgate ka ng bocaue nahuli.

tip ko na lang.

kapag approaching ka na ng tulay ng balagtas papalapit sa petron gas station, magdahan dahan ka na.

better yet, mag exit ka ng bocaue exit then pasok ka ng bocaue entry.
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1344
ICHUO_MX

Old October 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #1345
dewlin07

Likes (Received): 48

Di ba matagal na yan? Tapos na kaya gumawa ang Segment 8.1 na yan... Hindi na updated yung google ah...

Pero titignan sa picture, parang puro IS ang katabi ng expressway....
dewlin07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #1346
ordunapaulo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewlin07 View Post
Di ba matagal na yan? Tapos na kaya gumawa ang Segment 8.1 na yan... Hindi na updated yung google ah...

Hindi talaga updated iyan, palagay ko last year pa iyan, 2006 ang last feature at ngayon 2009 naman, mabuti sa part ng SLEX ay lagi updated ang view.

Wala na siguro mga IS sa row ngayon, tapos na kasi ang segment 8.1
ordunapaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #1347
ICHUO_MX

san kaya updated maps ng part na to?
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #1348
edly
Planner

Likes (Received): 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewlin07 View Post

Para ngang nawalis ang mga IS sa pagkakagawa ng segment 8.1 eh.

Support LRT and MRT extensions and make our metropolis more livable!
edly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #1349
ordunapaulo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by edly View Post
Para ngang nawalis ang mga IS sa pagkakagawa ng segment 8.1 eh.
Yes, kapag na - i view na ang bagong map, tiyak na ang dating IS row ay naging C-5 road na.
ordunapaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #1350
fall_17
SMILE

Likes (Received): 39

^wala pa sigurong latest update ng google map para sa portion na iyan, Malaki talaga ang sinakop ng clovercleaf.

Old October 13th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #1351
nayki
inBUSYble

Likes (Received): 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael677 View Post
catching violators is big business. May nakasabay ako sa LTO east ave, 105 ang takbo nahuli pa din. Ang sagot ng Nlex officer maski 101 they will fine you 1200 pesos for overspeeding...

ganito ang pagkahuli sa akin, upon nearing the toll gate, around 10 officers approach different vehicles.. ang dami tlga that sunday noontime

meron sila list, ako na ung pang 15 sa list that day na nahuli. the speed of the violators range from 105 to 160

so ingat tlga lagi dun! i never expected na mahuhuli ako dun since im not a reckless driver, somtimes lang tlga hndi ma mabantayan speed mo
Yup i saw those officer several times before waiting for thier catch at the toll gate and I am aware they are apprehending violators.
I think the technique here is if you intend to go a little bit over 100kph watch out for the patrol cars running and those parked at the side. I can spot them as far as 200-300 meters ahead, once i spotted them i quickly release the gas peddal if im travelling more than 100 kph.
nayki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #1352
sushi___
software engr not develpr

Likes (Received): 6

Work on NLEx-Harbor Link scheduled to start late next year

http://www.bworldonline.com/main/content.php?id=19761

CONSTRUCTION of an alternate route to the Manila port area is slated to begin in late 2011 with government now starting to iron out property rights, project proponent Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC) said in a statement yesterday.

Groundwork for the P8-billion 8-kilometer extension of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEx) to the Manila ports, dubbed the "NLEx-Harbor Link," can soon start as the public and private sector parties have agreed to simple right-of-way acquisition processes by building a "substantial" part of the road over the existing Philippine National Railways, the Pangilinan-led firm said.

"With the start of right-of-way acquisition by the government, MNTC is primed to further expand the NLEx towards the west of Metro Manila," the firm said.

"Construction is anticipated to begin by the fourth quarter of 2011, subject to the delivery of the right-of-way by the government," it added.

The firm is targeting to complete the detailed engineering design by December.

Once completed, the highway is expected to decongest traffic in Metro Manila as it provides "alternative West access to the NLEx mainline, bypassing EDSA and the Balintawak interchange," the statement read.

It will connect NLEx to MacArthur Highway in Valenzuela City and then to the C-3 road which leads to the port areas in Manila.

The Department of Environment and Natural Resources, for its part, is expected to issue an Environment Compliance Certificate for the project next month, MNTC said.

MNTC, a subsidiary of the Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (MPTC), is the developer and concessionaire of the North Luzon Expressway.

MPTC is the infrastructure arm of Metro Pacific Investments Corp., the local unit of Hong Kong-based First Pacific Co. Ltd., which partly owns Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) Co. Mediaquest Holdings, Inc., a unit of the PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund, has a minority stake in BusinessWorld. -- JADH
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1353
edly
Planner

Likes (Received): 238

This is a private venture, right? Then, I'm excited on this work and surely will commence albeit the unpredictable decisions of government in terms on infrastructure prioritization.

Support LRT and MRT extensions and make our metropolis more livable!
edly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1354
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 340

MNTC ready to launch NLEX-Harbor Link Project
(The Philippine Star) Updated October 21, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC), a part of the Metro Pacific Group under the leadership of Manuel V. Pangilinan, said yesterday it is ready to launch its NLEX-Harbor Link Project, which “will be MNTC’s first expressway development under the administration of President Benigno S. Aquino III.”

The project, MNTC president Rodrigo E. Franco said, will be undertaken as a public-private partnership to help fill the vital need for infrastructure investments in the country. The government will procure the right-of-way while MNTC will design, build, finance and operate the expressway as part of the company’s Manila North Expressway concession.

To minimize total project cost, MNTC has proposed to build a substantial length of the NLEX-Harbor Link as an elevated road over the existing rail right-of-way of the Philippine National Railways (PNR).

With the start of right-of-way acquisition by the government, Franco said MNTC is “primed to further expand” the NLEX towards the west of Metro Manila. Construction is anticipated to begin by the fourth quarter of 2011, subject to the delivery of the right-of-way by the government. The eight-km NLEX-Harbor Link project involves the construction of an extension of the NLEX main to the Manila North Road (MacArthur Highway) in Valenzuela City, and eventually to the C-3 Road which leads to the Port areas in Manila. Construction of the largely elevated road will cost approximately P8 billion which will be fully funded by MNTC.

The expansion is designed to help decongest traffic in Metro Manila as it provides alternative west access to NLEX mainline, bypassing EDSA and the Balintawak interchange. A direct route will be established to the CAMANAVA and Northern Manila areas from North and Central Luzon. Cargo trucks from the Manila harbors will have an immediate access to the NLEX via the C-3 interchange.

The project also sets the stage for the connector road — the 13-km elevate expressway that will connect NLEX from C-3 to Skyway in Buendia Avenue, Makati City.

“After conducting further studies, we are pleased to confirm that MNTC is now formally launching the NLEX-Harbor Link Project,” Franco stated in a letter dated Oct. 10, 2010 to the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB).

MNTC has taken a number of preparatory steps, notably coordination with pertinent government agencies, in connection with the project that forms part of Phase 2 of the Manila North Expressway concession.

The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) is expected to issue the environment compliance certificate (ECC) for the project next month. Meanwhile, the detailed engineering design (DED) is targeted to be completed by MNTC in December.

The NLEX-Harbor Link Project comes on the heels of the completion early this year of Segment 8.1 which links the NLEX main in Valenzuela City to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City.

MNTC is a subsidiary of the Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. and is the developer and concessionaire of the North Luzon Expressway.
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #1355
ICHUO_MX

Last Friday, Saturday and kanina Sunday, ang daming mga umuwi, bakasyon kasi, dami tao sa Shell NLEX. Daming tambay, kala mong gimikan.
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #1356
NTprime
Travel techie

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHUO_MX View Post
Last Friday, Saturday and kanina Sunday, ang daming mga umuwi, bakasyon kasi, dami tao sa Shell NLEX. Daming tambay, kala mong gimikan.
I noticed that only Petron, Shell and Total are hedging their bets on mega gasoline stations along NLEX and SLEX. Is the Caltex station being built in the southbound direction of NLEX already finished? Caltex seems to be making the wrong decisions when it comes to placement and location of their gas stations
NTprime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM   #1357
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3228

MetroPac unit planning to link two Luzon tollways

MANILA North Tollways Corp. (MNTC) wants to charge users of two expressways in Luzon higher rates as service is promised to improve when the firm integrates both roads, an official told reporters late last week.
Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. wants motorists to enjoy an almost seamless link between the North Luzon Expressway and the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway, but toll rates will have to go up.

Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. wants motorists to enjoy an almost seamless link between the North Luzon Expressway and the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway, but toll rates will have to go up.

But its plans will have to be stalled with a Justice department office still reviewing the contract that will transfer management rights over one of the roads to the company, a government official said.

Already, the state-run Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) has asked the Toll Regulatory Board to hike toll fees at the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEx) on MNTC’s behalf in early October, said Ramoncito S. Fernandez, president of the toll operator’s majority stockholder Metro Pacific Tollways Corp.

BCDA Executive Vice-President Aileen R. Zosa confirmed in a text message that her office had “filed a petition for toll rate adjustment” with the authorities but declined to elaborate.

The state agency is waiting to award the SCTEx concession to MNTC after concluding negotiations, but the contract can only be signed “if the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel issues a favorable opinion on the agreement,” Ms. Zosa told BusinessWorld.

Once awarded, SCTEx will join the North Luzon Expressway (NLEx) in MNTC’s portfolio.

“Integration of both roads will be one feature [we will offer when we take over SCTEx] for seamless travel,” Mr. Fernandez said.

MNTC will remove some toll barriers along the two roads so that instead of the current five stops motorists have from Manila have to make to get to Subic, it will be reduced to just two, he said.

“We will integrate the toll collection between the two ... and provide electronic access when the volume of traffic increases,” he added.

NLEx toll fees currently average P2.13 per kilometer for class one vehicles.

The last rate hike for the NLEx was back in July 2008, according to earlier reports.

SCTEx toll fees for class one vehicles meanwhile are pegged at P2.00 per kilometer.

Metro Pacific Investment Corp., Metro Pacific Tollways’ parent company, is the local unit of Hong Kong-based First Pacific Co. Ltd., which partly owns Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT).

Mediaquest Holdings, Inc., a unit of the PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund, has a minority stake in BusinessWorld. -- Jessica Anne D. Hermosa
|

http://www.bworldonline.com/main/content.php?id=20470
Linguine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1358
Encyclopedia25
Filipino w/ Patriotism

Likes (Received): 2

Does that mean the NLEx and SCTEx will have one toll system? And will they remove the Dau and Clark logistics toll barrier(s)?
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #1359
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3228

North Luzon Expressway starts charging increased toll in January
Thursday, 04 November 2010 12:21 Lenie Lectura / Reporter

THE Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC), builder and concessionaire of the North Luzon Expressway (Nlex), will implement new toll rates at the start of next year.

The proposed toll on the Nlex are as follows: P2.38 per kilometer, up from P2.13 for Class 1 vehicles; for Class 2 vehicles, P5.95 from P5.32; and for Class 3 vehicles, P7.14 from P6.38.

Rodrigo E. Franco, MNTC president and CEO, said in a statement that the new toll matrix, set for implementation starting on January 1, 2011, “is still lower than the initial rates introduced in 2005.” The Nlex’s initial rates were slashed twice—in January 2007 and in July 2008.

Franco said the forthcoming toll adjustment falls within the parameters of MNTC’s supplemental toll operation agreement (STOA) forged between the corporation and the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB). The contract was eventually upheld by the Supreme Court (SC) in a recent decision.

“The level of our toll rates remains very reasonable,” Franco said, adding that in 2005, the toll for class one vehicles in the Open System stood at P42. The proposed toll come January 2011 stands at P41, still lower than the 2005 toll level.

The MNTC has sought the first-ever toll-rate increase for the Nlex after bringing down its toll rates twice in five years.

In its recent ruling, the SC upheld the validity of rate increases for the major expressways linking Metro Manila to the northern and southern provinces, but the TRB decided to put the adjustments on hold pending a public hearing.

“Our motorists will not just continue to enjoy the same brand of service and road quality that the Nlex has been noted for. Additional safety and traffic enhancements designed to provide the utmost in convenience and motoring experience will also continue to be implemented at the Nlex,” Franco said.

The official added that the Nlex’s expansion program will move westward of Metro Manila, providing greater and easier access to vehicles conveying people and products within the urban areas and to and from the north.

Last year the MNTC opened to traffic Segment 8.1, connecting Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City to the Nlex main in Valenzuela City. This road project comprised the first component of Nlex Phase 2 expansion program designed to provide easier access to the 87-kilometer tollway while, at the same time, easing traffic pressure on the Balintawak toll plaza in Caloocan City.

Meanwhile, the MNTC’s Nlex-Harbor Link Project is also poised to break ground. This is the MNTC’s second-road project under the firm’s multibillion-peso Phase 2 expansion program. The road expansion will link the Nlex main to MacArthur Highway in Valenzuela and to C-3 Road in Caloocan City near the Manila harbors.

Still on the drawing board are other projects that will ultimately interconnect the Nlex to the South Luzon Expressway. “In the process, this project will dramatically reduce travel time in both directions,” Franco said.

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/hom...oll-in-january
Linguine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #1360
ICHUO_MX