daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM   #121
dis.agree

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_r View Post
Maharashtra building plan based on carpet area only

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6845460.cms

TN Govt, should enact a similar law straight away.Guys please shoot E-mail's to CM's office.
what's the difference? that article is written as if buyers need only to pay for carpet area and commom areas cannot be charged. if only carpet area needs to be quoted, then either builders will charge higher price for carpet area or have separate line items for carpet area & different common areas.
dis.agree no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:14 AM   #122
karthikarthik

Likes (Received): 72

Education:Our education system is not in favor of entrepreneurship. Even the Vice Chancellor of Anna University said he was proud that the the university provided 100% placement. We have so many Eng colleges but incubators are dismal in numbers. Even the students from the so called prime institution like IIM/IIT's prefer job compared to becoming an entrepreneur. But 30-40% of the students from elite US institution becomes entrepreneur.

Goverment:I was part of a team which created industry portal for few states in India and none of the portals have online payment system. Even though we had expertise but implementing it will avoid people approaching Govt officers for clearance(loss of bribe) if implemented the project will be a failure. In US you can start an industry within 3 days and India is way behind 30 days. Getting investment from banks/Govt is a herculean task in India.

Society: One of my friend a budding entrepreneur found it very difficult in getting married. Many brides family rejected citing fear. Recently visited Namakkal known for its entrepreneurship and I noticed a sharp decline/interest in becoming an entrepreneur. Many educational institutions has come around in a span of 6 yrs and mostly prefer govt/IT jobs.

Very few venture into manufacturing when compared with retail and services. Govt should encourage an holistic ecosystem suitable for students to become entrepreneur.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:54 AM   #123
THEGREAT

Likes (Received): 0

Chennai is losing out on all fronts ...Infrastructure is crumbling...Roads are getting dirtier day by day....
Chennai was voted as the the second highest in quality life in mercer in 2007...Now i dont know how it stands....
I think instead of attracting more industries,the govt must enhance the existing infrastructure with PLANNING....Many projects have been executed without planning like the ADYAR_CLRI flyover which is a menace now..
In the name of widening the roads,they have demolished footpaths and the present footpaths are either occupied by hawkers or too small for the people to walk...
Not enough dustbins in any part of the city...Toilets are not present anywhere or if they are present ,they are overcharged...People are just cunning and want to make only more money...Even though this govt has done some efforts to bring in jobs,it does not sustain any project it has taken...like the OMR,no proper drainage and service lanes and the govt calls it world class infrastructure.....This govt is only fit for bragging...Inauguration of project even before it is finished....
I think its high time that chennai should leave bangalore model and look out for chandigarh for planning and development..i was just stunned after travelling to the city...Every lane and area was planned beautifully....
The only thing we can do to decrease the effect of chennai humid climate for outsiders is to increase tree covers....We dont need beautiful decorative plants...but big trees which cool down the entire area....Energy efficient buildings and green campuses should be made mandatory....
Entertainment is very lagging in chennai...Even the existing theme parks are not maintained properly...When i took my friends to the marina beach,they said that they were dissapointed as they were expecting to see a world class/decent beach....they never expected people to shit in the beaches......No wonder,now people prefer Elliots beach.....

I think this is due to the unplanned efforts of the govt and the high density of population....
THEGREAT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM   #124
darkprinz
DP

Likes (Received): 565

Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM   #125
Indian Sun

Likes (Received): 284

wrong place, GREAT son of Chennai. You should have googled "Chennai sucks", found a comment section and pasted it there.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM   #126
THEGREAT

Its just my view on negative aspects of chennai.... i posted it from my point of view....Chennai has undergone so much change since the IT bloom...

iam getting sick of this govt eventhough they are bringing in projects due to lack of planning....Too much bragging..like "empty vessels make more noise"....
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM   #127
THEGREAT

What about R&D institutions in chennai??? i know why they do not aggresively market chennai for r&d......Since the manufacturing sector provides more emplyment than r&d that too at a low level....Nothing but vote bank politics......See how bangalore is developing in R&D..(i know because of many favourable factors like climate)...but still,chennai is highly behind in r&d...

Hyderabad and bangalore are very much on the path to become a knowledge city because of aggressive promotion....
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #128
seku

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGREAT View Post
I think its high time that chennai should leave bangalore model and look out for chandigarh for planning and development..i was just stunned after travelling to the city...Every lane and area was planned beautifully....
Quote:
What about R&D institutions in chennai??? i know why they do not aggresively market chennai for r&d......Since the manufacturing sector provides more emplyment than r&d that too at a low level....Nothing but vote bank politics......See how bangalore is developing in R&D..(i know because of many favourable factors like climate)...but still,chennai is highly behind in r&d...

Hyderabad and bangalore are very much on the path to become a knowledge city because of aggressive promotion....
i can understand only your frustration...nothing much. in prior post u talk about not to follow Bangalore model, in the next u prefer supporting the same. and u started with planned city, and ended so far with knowledge city.

by the way, giving employment for ppl in low level is not a bad. city growth should include each n every1, not just cream layer.
seku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM   #129
THEGREAT

[i can understand only your frustration...nothing much. in prior post u talk about not to follow Bangalore model, in the next u prefer supporting the same. and u started with planned city, and ended so far with knowledge city.

by the way, giving employment for ppl in low level is not a bad. city growth should include each n every1, not just cream layer. ]

Sorry,i didnt know how to quote....
what iam telling is chennai has to follow bangalore in promotional areas and chandigarh in infrastructure and planning....

Iam not against low level jobs...But giving only preference to low level jobs for votes is ridiculous.....It must be balanced....then only a city can easily develop...
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:22 PM   #130
darkprinz
DP

Likes (Received): 565

So in your view bangalore is very much developed in terms of Infrastructure ??

Please clarify , so that i can check in google maps that the city am living in is Bangalore u r reffering or some other remote town

Take a Break friend ...
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #131
ranga

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_r View Post
Maharashtra building plan based on carpet area only

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6845460.cms

TN Govt, should enact a similar law straight away.Guys please shoot E-mail's to CM's office.
Try to purchase a flat in mumbai or its suburbs or even in perubs &the rate quoted per sq ft will be so high that it would make the present chennai rate as the rate that prevailed two decades back in mumbai.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:52 AM   #132
R2IChennai
R2IChennai

Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikarthik View Post
Education:Our education system is not in favor of entrepreneurship. Even the Vice Chancellor of Anna University said he was proud that the the university provided 100% placement. We have so many Eng colleges but incubators are dismal in numbers. Even the students from the so called prime institution like IIM/IIT's prefer job compared to becoming an entrepreneur. But 30-40% of the students from elite US institution becomes entrepreneur.

Goverment:I was part of a team which created industry portal for few states in India and none of the portals have online payment system. Even though we had expertise but implementing it will avoid people approaching Govt officers for clearance(loss of bribe) if implemented the project will be a failure. In US you can start an industry within 3 days and India is way behind 30 days. Getting investment from banks/Govt is a herculean task in India.

Society: One of my friend a budding entrepreneur found it very difficult in getting married. Many brides family rejected citing fear. Recently visited Namakkal known for its entrepreneurship and I noticed a sharp decline/interest in becoming an entrepreneur. Many educational institutions has come around in a span of 6 yrs and mostly prefer govt/IT jobs.

Very few venture into manufacturing when compared with retail and services. Govt should encourage an holistic ecosystem suitable for students to become entrepreneur.
Well said, nailed all they key points, People are very judgemental and social security is very important for bride's parents.
R2IChennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM   #133
R2IChennai
R2IChennai

Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranga View Post
Try to purchase a flat in mumbai or its suburbs or even in perubs &the rate quoted per sq ft will be so high that it would make the present chennai rate as the rate that prevailed two decades back in mumbai.
Thats besides the point,The overall price wouldnt change but We can atleast get apples to apples comparison
lets say if Hiranandani is charging 4000Rs per sq feet and TVH is charging 3000
we would want to know why hira is charging 1000rs extra is it because of better amenities, more common area?, more undivided share etc.
R2IChennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #134
THEGREAT

@DARKPRINZ
Please read my posts agin...i told chennai should follow bangalore in "promotional" i.e marketization of the city and chandigarh in terms of infrastructure...
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #135
Indian Sun

Likes (Received): 284

Yes, but there is no point in marketing infra when it is non-existent (or yet to come) as Bangalore is doing.

We'd do better to finish that bloody IT Corridor. Then do all the marketing.
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #136
THEGREAT

+1..

OMR has become one of the dirtiest roads in our city...How will companies set up their bases if the road is still under repairs...
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #137
H Factor

Likes (Received): 75

Guys,

Today i used the Thoraipakkam Pallavaram road to reach GST from OMR. Though this road is blessing i feel this road s gng to increase what our Northies & investors already has on chennai. Remember a investor or Techi or foreign client who visits OMR is going to see the following: (when coming from the airport)

Congested roads, shops in Pallavaram
After taking the bridge & crossing the railway line- (a) Huge garbage dump (b) Buffalos on the road roaming freely (c) Vehicles getting washed in the already polluted lake (d) Improper median & rough road (e) Unfinished old buildings (f) Parked metro water lorries (g) Stinking marshland (h) Another huge dumping ground in Perungudi.

Previously they used Mt road, Kathipara, Raj Bhawan road which is a much better option
H Factor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #138
bharathkasthuri

Add to that, in the night (if they travel to airport) the medians are not visible because the street lights are not working properly. I read in TOI that TNEB has not given permanent connection to street lights. What they have given for inaguration was only temporary for Dy CM visit.

Very good planning and excection by TN govt for a very important road for the future which is going to be used by so many ppl.
bharathkasthuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #139
bharathkasthuri

Add to that, since its going to be used by more OMR young IT population we are going to see more accidents. No one is worried about human life here.
bharathkasthuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #140
ChennaiIndian

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Factor View Post
Guys,

Today i used the Thoraipakkam Pallavaram road to reach GST from OMR. Though this road is blessing i feel this road s gng to increase what our Northies & investors already has on chennai. Remember a investor or Techi or foreign client who visits OMR is going to see the following: (when coming from the airport)

Congested roads, shops in Pallavaram
After taking the bridge & crossing the railway line- (a) Huge garbage dump (b) Buffalos on the road roaming freely (c) Vehicles getting washed in the already polluted lake (d) Improper median & rough road (e) Unfinished old buildings (f) Parked metro water lorries (g) Stinking marshland (h) Another huge dumping ground in Perungudi.

Previously they used Mt road, Kathipara, Raj Bhawan road which is a much better option
When investments pour in, a sea change will happen. Lakes will go away. The only things that will remain there intact after a few years will be a portion of the marshland and the Perungudi dumping ground (modernized though).
ChennaiIndian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: