daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum

Irish Architecture Forum For architecture in both the North and South

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #21
belfastuniguy
Subliving

Likes (Received): 2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-1888 View Post
These cowardly bastards will only succeed in securing themselves a lengthy sentence in Maghaberry.

We have all collectively suffered enough over the last 30 years. Rather than driving a wedge between our two communities it will only strengthen our collective resolve. This is the last gasp of armed republicanism.

Agreed.

Northern Ireland's Trade Unions are supposed to be organising a peace demonstration in Belfast CC on Wednesday, fully fucking intend on going.
belfastuniguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #22
PB-1888

Likes (Received): 0

Any links?
PB-1888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #23
belfastuniguy
Subliving

Was in the Belfast Telegraph....let me see...being organised by the ICTU. Though final dates, times and arrangements still underway. Expected to be around Wednesday lunchtime.
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #24
PB-1888

Should arrange it for Saturday. This could well be a pivotal moment in our history. I think its important that as large a crowd as possible gather to voice their disgust at what is happening.
PB-1888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #25
SLMCC Belfast
Save the Aurora!!

A policeman has been shot dead in Craigavon...What are we falling into? We all need to be at this demonstration if we are going to send a message!
A little slice of Northern Irish humour (edited for those of a sensitive nature) - I was once told Ireland looks like a Baby - the legs in Cork and Kerry, the arms in Mayo and Galway, the belly button at Dublin (a reminent of the chord attached to Britain) and the Brains in the North. Sums it up well I think....
SLMCC Belfast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #26
odlum833

Likes (Received): 582

I don't think these people will care about any march tbh. That is the nature of fanaticism. Worth sending a message though.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1596
odlum833 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #27
belfastuniguy
Subliving

Quote:
TRADE UNIONS ORGANISE SILENT PROTEST

TRADE UNIONS ORGANISE SILENT PROTEST

The Northern Ireland Committee of the Irish Congress of Trade Unions calls on all workers to show their condemnation at the callous murders of two soldiers in Antrim last Saturday by attending one of the silent protest rallies taking place at:

1pm, Wednesday, 11 March 2009-03-09

Belfast City Hall

L’Derry Guildhall Square

Newry Town Hall

Other venues for silent protest and reflection will be announced.

Peter Bunting, Assistant General Secretary of the ICTU, said: “The horror and shock shown by the people of Northern Ireland in response to the repugnant murders last Saturday must be expressed publicly. Those who long for a society at peace with itself and with others can express their solidarity with that most dignified form of protest – a wall of human silence.

“We will be sending a message to the violent perpetrators of the atrocity on Massereene that they have nothing to say which is worth listening to, and that we have nothing to say to them until they stop.

“We are inviting all workers and their families to express their abhorrence at these murders and the direct threat to the peace process.

“We must commonly affirm our determination that not a further single worker will be injured, intimated or murdered by those who seek to derail the Peace Process. ”
I hope we have a great turn out.
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #28
plank007

Likes (Received): 23

As I said you can protest at the City Hall all you want, you can condemn the actions of these mindless criminals BUT it's not going to change a fucking thing.

As I said before. People should be protesting on the doors of the Sinn Fien politicians and councilors who know exactly who is behind these attacks.
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: