daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Never Built

Never Built Projects once planned for construction but never built.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #381
234sale

Likes (Received): 6

Please stop using here for legal issue, suggest you set up a facebook group.

Sponsored Links

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #382
rallyman
rallyman

Likes (Received): 0

sorry !!
rallyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #383
234sale

Its ok, Just imagine if all we had was adds and disputes in threads.

I can give you somewhere to get together, if you can't find a space to discuss between yourselves.
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #384
live action
live action

Email received today from ACI:

Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from ACI!

It is a great achievement and a pleasure for us to be able to announce that we have obtained the new payment plan for Niki Lauda Twin Towers approved by RERA.
The new payment plan accordingly to the rules and regulations of RERA is a construction linked payment plan to serve as a benefit to both parties, our investors and ACI.
Kindly find attached the stamped copy from RERA for your records and kind information.
live action no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #385
cayman1

It's hard to belive , that exist a company like aci
But the project going on ?
cayman1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #386
rallyman
rallyman

we went to rera today about this and they were surprised it was used in this way ..apparently there are clauses they have to meet before this can be implemented and its very unlikely they will meet them ... one is a building permit needed ..!! they can not get this in 7 days !! more like 7 years !
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #387
building1

Likes (Received): 14

how does the new payment plan look like ?
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #388
cayman1

They have a building permit or not ?
Old May 19th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #389
cayman1

they have or not building permit ?
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #390
rallyman
rallyman

there is no building permit ... the new plan is same as old one but the small change says that 5 % more is due retrospect ie they can claim it now ( if you believe that shoring is done and no piling is required !!!) in actual fact shoring is not done as they do not have permission to do it and no engineering decision has been made as to whether you can build 2 towers like this without piling !! hence no building permission
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #391
cayman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyman View Post
there is no building permit ... the new plan is same as old one but the small change says that 5 % more is due retrospect ie they can claim it now ( if you believe that shoring is done and no piling is required !!!) in actual fact shoring is not done as they do not have permission to do it and no engineering decision has been made as to whether you can build 2 towers like this without piling !! hence no building permission
I received same letter in november for sami Tower , to pay 5% to finish raft foundation , If you go to Rera can you ask if there is building permit for Sami T. ? Because i 'm in Europe .
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #392
234sale

I will ask at their office on site for you, but the raft is completed.
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #393
cayman1

I receive this days ago from aci

We are awaiting the necessary approvals from competent authorities, upon which we will resume construction at the earliest.

For more information, kindly contact customer service

In case of any clarifications, please contact
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #394
camac

NL revised payment plan

This is total nonsense! How can ACI get approval to revise/change the payment plan half way through the build process! You agree terms & conditions at the start and stick to them.....
camac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #395
234sale

You can amend a contract at any stage,

This would be agreed by both parties.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #396
rallyman
rallyman

niki lauda

i just visited the site and saw some sewage tankers dumping into it ... its about 4 ft deep undewater now i dont know how long they have been doing this but it would make a a very unworthy photo if 234 or imre are in the area worth a quick visit ! not a pretty site (!)
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #397
234sale

http://www.skyscraperlist.com/showth...-33F-30F-Com-m

Going in about 30minutes to check it out..
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #398
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2750

I don’t know Robin Lohmann, claims Niki Lauda

By Claire Ferris-Lay | Tuesday, 16 November 2010 12:25 PM

Ex Formula One racing driver Niki Lauda

Ex Formula One racing driver Niki Lauda has denied knowing Robin Lohmann, the man who he co-launched the Niki Lauda Twin Towers real estate project with in Dubai three years ago.

Speaking to Arabian Business, Lauda claimed he had only met the CEO of Alternative Capital Invest, the developer behind a string of now-stalled Dubai property projects, on one occasion.

“All I did was give my name to a builder in Dubai but unfortunately they are in a mess,” he said on the sidelines of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

“I don’t know exactly what the details are because I have nothing to do with bringing the tower up, this was the builder who did it.”

Asked if he was still in contact with Lohmann, the three-time F1 world champion said he hadn’t heard from the developer since the launch of the project in December 2007.

“Who is he? No, I only met him once, when I was there in the beginning and I haven’t heard from him since then,” he told Arabian Business.

German developer ACI launched a string of celebrity-branded towers in Dubai in 2007, including Michael Schumacher Business Avenue, Boris Becker Business Tower and Niki Lauda Twin Towers.

The project, to be built in Dubai’s Business Bay district, spanned two 29 and 26 storey skyscrapers and was designed to include retail and office space,

ACI’s website describes the development as “truly fit to be named after a legend”.

The Austrian-born F1 driver attended a high profile launch of the towers at Dubai’s Al Qasr Hotel in December 2007, where he told reporters he had been won over by the project.

“Robin approached me with this idea and I was very impressed. The property market here is booming so it is nice to be part of it in some way,” he said.

“It is something different, something new and something that I think will make our investors a lot of money,” said Lohmann at the time.

Construction on all three branded projects stalled last year, following the collapse of Dubai’s real estate market.

ACI’s website still lists 11 projects that it claims are under development, with another six being undertaken by “alternate third party developers”.

In September, ACI Real Estate filed for bankruptcy on four of its seven property funds. Payments were due in March last year but did not materialise.

Shortly after, Lohmann told Arabian Business that giving money back to investors in ACI’s real estate projects was “not an option.”

“The money has been invested in the land, which is fully paid for, and the money has been spent in the development, which is normal - the contractor and suppliers are not working for free,” he said.

Last year Lohmann hit back at claims that the projects were being cancelled and that investors would lose their cash. “For me there is no chance I will do a hit and run,” he said. “You know why? Because I haven’t even collected the money I have invested and spent here. I’m not going ahead and losing AED500m ($136.1m). It’s not the way.”

Arabian Business
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #399
tomas1810

Likes (Received): 32

seems there might happen something? a new sign is on now at least....

Old February 26th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #400
building1

Likes (Received): 14

Is there a new developer on the project ? Define Properties ?
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
business bay, dubai