daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old December 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #41
infolex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post
How many Turkey fail euro bids?
atleast 3.
infolex no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #42
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 1880

Yes 3.

2008: Turkey and Greece. "3rd place"
2012: Turkey "4th place"
2016: Turkey "2nd place"

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #43
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 253

I think Romania should bid with Bulgaria if they ever intend to do such a thing that I doubt.
The reasons are simple. Hungary already have lost bids and it's quite clear for them it's not a useful for them as it is for Bulgaria, a country that still has interest for football. What would Hungary do with those stadiums? Plus, our two countries are well close to each other when It comes to close history like that be both joined NATO in 2004, EU in 2007 and we have very similar financial income situations, Bucharest is close to Bulgaria, Sofia isn't that far from Bucharest as Budapest is, we have 0 things in common with Hungary as origins of our people, they are simply just neighbors but nothing in common.
Of course, IMO, it would be a wise decision for either of them to take Serbia as a co-bidder since I don't think Romania should host a competition even in 10 years cause I won't trust it would be a good organization. If there's something Romania could do, is have the Olympic Games in Bucharest, sounds much better.
As for stadiums having only 30k apart from the 2 big ones ( Bucharest and Sofia/Budapest ) stadiums isn't enough anymore, we would need at least 40k for some.
I would say host cities could well be Bucharest with the New Lia Manoliu with small modifications to 63k,. Cluj with the New Moina stadium but extended to 40k, hopefully eliminating the athletics track by digging, Timisoara with a new stadium to be built 40k, Craiova with a 30k new one and eventually a extra for the help in Constanta 30k would do.
But I'm pretty sure we should leave these discussions for 2-3 years later when things would be clear, Romania is just a wikipedia bid for now and it could well be Sci-Fi anyway.

Last edited by PaulFCB; December 6th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #44
cornelinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujdoso CH View Post
How nice that would be

Where would you place the 4th romanian stadium? Sure, there's Ghencea as a good second option in Bukarest, but what about a 3rd city like for example Constanta? I have no idea about their team, but it would make sense to place a stadium there (sea, tourism is already at high level).

In Hungary it's more difficult to judge, where they should play. Debrecen has to be, but I doubt, that they will biuld there a 44k arena. They are waiting now for ages for a european standard stadium, plans for a new 21k stadium were presented this year. But I have no idea if this stadium could be upgraded in case of EC 2020. Györ has completed this year a brand new stadium, there are if I'm right 20 and something k places, I don't think that it could be upgraded. Fehérvár has only a new main tribune, so they could demolish the old stands and build new ones for the EC.
u must be hungarian... constanta would be a good choice but it has no team at the moment... so citys like craviova or brasov would be better...
as for the hungary part... you the cand make temporary seets like all other stadiums and remove after the tournament... i see this bid as very simple... but its just a dream at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
I think Romania should bid with Bulgaria if they ever intend to do such a thing that I doubt.
The reasons are simple. Hungary already have lost bids and it's quite clear for them it's not a useful for them as it is for Bulgaria, a country that still has interest for football. What would Hungary do with those stadiums? Plus, our two countries are well close to each other when It comes to close history like that be both joined NATO in 2004, EU in 2007 and we have very similar financial income situations, Bucharest is close to Bulgaria, Sofia isn't that far from Bucharest as Budapest is, we have 0 things in common with Hungary as origins of our people, they are simply just neighbors but nothing in common.
Of course, IMO, it would be a wise decision for either of them to take Serbia as a co-bidder since I don't think Romania should host a competition even in 10 years cause I won't trust it would be a good organization. If there's something Romania could do, is have the Olympic Games in Bucharest, sounds much better.
As for stadiums having only 30k apart from the 2 big ones ( Bucharest and Sofia/Budapest ) stadiums isn't enough anymore, we would need at least 40k for some.
I would say host cities could well be Bucharest with the New Lia Manoliu with small modifications to 63k,. Cluj with the New Moina stadium but extended to 40k, hopefully eliminating the athletics track by digging, Timisoara with a new stadium to be built 40k, Craiova with a 30k new one and eventually a extra for the help in Constanta 30k would do.
But I'm pretty sure we should leave these discussions for 2-3 years later when things would be clear, Romania is just a wikipedia bid for now and it could well be Sci-Fi anyway.

your annoying...
were in the world will bucharest get a 80k stadium plus the exrea stadiums arenas and other facilities for the olympics? olympics are more complicated then football events plus the codidates are 5 times more then at an euro
what do we have in commen whit bulgaria? hungary had transilvania fr a long time plus that the biggest minority in romania are hungaryans
the fact that they lost the tournament in the past is irelevant... look at turckey or italy or even england for wc...they did not won but its not because a bad bid...
hungary has more money better infrastucture and much more thend bulgaria and is the best co-bider we can get.
##################
##################

Romania

Last edited by cornelinho; December 6th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #45
Rus 2018
BANNED

Italy or Serbia\Croatia
Rus 2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #46
CaliforniaJones

2020: Turkey
2024: Italy
2028: Spain
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #47
Elensar77
Aslantepe Stadium

%99 Turkey.
Not too much words.
Elensar77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #48
infolex
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elensar77 View Post
%99 Turkey.
Not too much words.
Sometimes 1% > 99%
infolex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #49
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 867

Italy will win this time around! It is like the tourney of great countries organizing euro has started
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #50
ensarsever
COOL USER

Likes (Received): 1

It's time for Turkey guys.

Or will be interesting Serbia/Croatia/Macedonia
ensarsever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #51
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 29

Serbia-Croatia-Bosnia would be interesting, but maybe a little soon after the war.
So what about Serbia-Bulgaria, or maybe together with Macedonia?
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #52
Gecko1989

Its good to know people have no faith in Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia coming together in 10 years to stage this event lol. Being croatian i would hope that the majority of my people could put aside their differences and bring something great to our reign same goes for the people of serbia and bosnia.

However the sad fact is that as many good understanding people there are in those 3 countries they are usually overshadowed by the crazy nationalists. But i will say nothing will make me happier than being proved wrong and seeing Croats/Serbs and Bosnians come together.
Gecko1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #53
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus 2018 View Post
Italy or Serbia\Croatia
Italy will invest on Rome 2020, so will no race for Euro2020.

Cornelinho, what do you think about the joint bid Hungary-Czech Republic? I see, infact, more natural a joint bid Romania-Bulgaria and not with Hungary.
Mr.Underground no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #54
cornelinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Italy will invest on Rome 2020, so will no race for Euro2020.

Cornelinho, what do you think about the joint bid Hungary-Czech Republic? I see, infact, more natural a joint bid Romania-Bulgaria and not with Hungary.
why do you say natural? austria and hungury was more natural then austria and switzerland... but they did it ... i just think that hungary is more prepared to co-host an euro then bulgaia is...

Hungary-Czech Republic? i don.t know...

a hungaryan can talk more about this...
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #55
slodziak
BANNED

2020: Lichtenstein
2024: San Marino
2028: Vatican
slodziak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #56
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 1880

Turkey's 2020 bid is "official".
Yesterday the TFF president said on CNBC Turkey, that they already start to work for the 2020 bid.

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #57
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodziak View Post
2020: Lichtenstein
2024: San Marino
2028: Vatican
hmm. I admit they have the money...
Red85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #58
bifdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
I don't know why it shouldn't be ?? Since the election process has to be based on bids and evaluation reports... SO, the best bid should win ! (and as far I know there's no rotations policy for the hosts of this competition)

Look at the "Grande Nation" as ze Germans used to call France : Euro '60, Winter Olympics '68, Euro '84, Winter Olympics '92, World Cup '98, Rugby World Cup 2007, Euro 2016... (+ Winter Olympics 2018 & Summer Olympics 2024 )..... etc

------

Come on, of course you do !

And a 24-team Euro is not "a consolation prize" but simply a World Cup without Brazil and Argentina !!!

Anyway..see you in France in 2016 !! I'm pretty sure the atmosphere (from Nice to Lille, inside and outside the stadiums) will be as good as during France '98 and Germany 2006 !
i think unlike the world cup it is just a matter of waiting our turn to host the euro's. i strongly believe that if turkey can present a strong enough bid then they should get it, also italy are due another finals before us, as are spain. eastern europe and scandinavia should get there turn too and maybe germany.

a joint scottish/welsh/english bid would make sense what with nearly half of europe qualifying anyway we could make use of some decent celtic stadiums too.
bifdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #59
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 867

You know, don't forget platini got euro for france and now with its italian origin he will do the same for italy bid
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #60
TataMuminka

I'm not an expert but I think UEFA will follow FIFA in trying to enter new markets as, let's face it, the Euro is as much a business deal and opportunity as it is a tournament. UEFA is not an investor but the development and promotion of soccer in countries in the center, east and south of Europe seems a good idea. Also for the game - new stadiums help poorer countries improve their level of playing as they make more people attend the games which results in more money for clubs.

I can see it in Poland where a new stadium in Poznań is a perfect example of what I've just written. A lot more people come to see the games now and this results in a big improvement in the revenue (even though only the Europa League games and the national team game in Novemeber were sold out) and that can result in new, better players. The best thing is, two more Euro 2012 stadiums are going to be used by clubs and the national trend in building new stadiums has been started. You wouldn't believe how much our sports infrastructure improved since we got the right to host the Euro - pretty much every team in the Ekstraklasa either has a brand new stadium, is building/renovating or has some plans to do so.

I do understand that countries like Italy or Spain want to host such tournaments too - but it really is a chance for less developed (in terms of sports infrastructure) countries to catch up. And that, as I said, is good for the game.

As for the proposed bids, I think Czech Republic&Slovakia and Romania&Hungary/Bulgaria are pretty much safe as the countries are developed enough to handle such a thing. I don't think Euro held in Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia would be a good thing, first because it's three countries so it's kind of impractical and also the Serbian hooligans do not bring a positive image to the bid. I'd be OK with Turkey hosting the tournament since they've tried so many times.

Last edited by TataMuminka; December 7th, 2010 at 08:22 PM.
TataMuminka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
uefa