daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Midwest and Plains

Midwest and Plains » Development News | Includes all plains states, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MO

Old January 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #41
edsg25
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou
The Spartan football program used to be a powerhouse in the 50's and 60's and produced some of the greatest teams and players to play college football. Although Michigan is king in the state as of right now I think MSU is capable of climbing the mountain again. It takes the right coach with a commitment to the university. Saban was the coach but didnt have the commitment. I think a guy like Steve Mariucci would be perfect for the Spartans. He has always been charismatic and a great recruiter, and I think he could do better in college than he did in the pros. Plus at MSU his best friend is right next door in Breslin. MSU would have the coach and commitment they so desperately need. That would be a good foundation to build on to become a power once again.
U-M worked incredibly hard to prevent MSU from joining the Big Ten. The Spartans responded by winning the conference's football championship during its first full season. Meanwhile, few people knew there was a football team in Ann Arbor when MSU and ND played their 10-10 "Game of the Century".

Can MSU have a strong football program in a state it shares with U-M? I would say Fla/FSU, Ala/Aub, among others, says "why not"
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links