daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums > Archive

Archive For threads worth keeping

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #241
Sou-jiro
Left Midfielder-UnionFC

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boybaha
hmm. sad, medyo.

Allow me to use this as a place to vent off some steam to some not-so-strangers. I don't know where else to go right now since all my good friends have their own huge problems as well and I don't want them to worry about me when they have bigger stuff to worry about.

I don't know it seems like when things are crappy, things just all happen simultaneously. Anyway, a little bit of career angst. I'm kind of getting fed up with departmental politics at my uni and I'm questioning whether I really want to get into academia after spending the past 10 years of my life trying to do it. But then, what is there besides this for me? I've been so far removed from the job market that I feel I have no other marketable skills other than teaching and I just feel tired of it. I used to be a computer programmer but my technological expertise is circa 1996. And I don't really want to go back to computers anyway. I feel a need to take a break... But I feel that in any job I do, I'll be competing with the best college graduates 10 years younger than me.

And then on top of this, some personal stuff. I still really haven't gotten over my ex-gf. I guess I have but I just can't stand it when I'm watching relationships change their nature, aware of it, but not being able to do anything about it. We've been just very good friends-- best friends even since we've split up when she decided to move back to New York, and we used to call each other every night or every other night. But I feel that now, 6 months after, she's already starting to have a life and meeting new people, and I feel that she needs me a lot less now than she used to. And I'm just here, not even meeting new people (trust me SSC has nothing to do with it because I still party and still go to the bars-- I still have a social life, just not with anybody new. What happens when you hang out with a lot of lesbians is that all the new people you meet turn out to also be lesbians haha.). And with all my problems, I feel I need her as a friend more than she cares to acknowledge me because of the newness of a big city with interesting people.

Anyway, whatever.... I'm opening myself up a lot. But oh well, this is pathetic. Thanks for indulging me.
i hope things turn out well for you in 2006 i read this and i can relate to some things you said.....i remember when i was still new to these forums and i had a big problem and i let it out in these forum ( yung dating job issue ko na naka stress sakin that i ended up quiting which was so risky but i did it anyway)....actually it help me a bit....its better to let it out than let it build up diba?....Mike btw have to tried to meet new people in a different atmosphere?...u dont seem to be visiting SSC as much as you use too...

me when i feel so depressed i play my guoitar and it inspires me to to compositions...

i had a painful experience sa ex ko na kaibigan pa rin ng mga ibang ka friends ko...(i was able to write a song tapus tnugtog namin ng mga kabanda ko...taglish nga lang) ...anyway hope you feel better

Last edited by Sou-jiro; January 30th, 2006 at 11:02 AM.
Sou-jiro no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #242
mhe-ann
Federer Express!!!

Likes (Received): 0

glad ako kagabi dahil nanalo si federrer.

sad ako kanina kc...wala lang. tapos nun nabasa ko un ke lolo mike, naisip kong mas fortunate pa ako kahit paano...

hmm..lolo mike, wag ka ng sad. di ako magaling na adviser kaya wala akong masabi kundi hamo na un ex-gf mo, meet other people, or focus ka naman sa ibang bagay. kaya mo yan.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #243
flashlight
Balik-SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhe-ann
glad ako kagabi dahil nanalo si federrer.
ako sad kagabi kasi nanalo si federer
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #244
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

GLAD-kasi lilipat na kami ng office sa Insular Life sa Ayala Ave.
SAD-kasi di pa ako makahanap ng new job na pampalit sa current job ko.
SAD-kasi di pa ako makahanap ng new pad.
MAD-kasi nakipag-break ako and we decided to be friends pero nagseselos pa rin ako pag may kasama syang iba.
GLAD MAD SAD-kasi feeling ko nababaliw na ako kasi di ko alam kung ano ang gusto kong mangyari sa buhay ko.
normandb no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #245
driftwood
gomu gomu no...

Ah pareho tayo, di ko rin alam kung ano gusto kong mangyari sa buhay. Ewan ko ba...

Nabubuset na rin ako rito sa trabaho... daming ka-ek-ekan. Hay nako!!! Arrrrgggghhhh... dapat tumama na ako sa lotto.
driftwood no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #246
Hawayano

Likes (Received): 31

@boybaha--hang in there! I hate to make things more complicated or offend anyone in here, but life isn't always guaranteed to improve with that post-grad degree. Although it does provide an asset that may prove beneficial at some point, by remaining in your area of specialization, you must truly believe that it will be the career where you can feel happy. I wonder how many of us just work to primarily pay the bills--I mean, a job has to have some redeeming qualities where you can feel productive and find some sense of reward in what you do.

Anyway, to all those forumers who came to the aid of boybaha, you each deserve multiple dosages of Godiva chocolates basking in a heap of Cold Stone Mountain French vanilla ice cream--what true friends you are indeed! This is one unique blog where a sense of family or security has obviously developed among some forumers. Way to go!!
Hawayano no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #247
driftwood
gomu gomu no...

Uy sarap, Cold Stone ice cream with Godiva chocolate!!!

You're absolutely right on the job thingy... I absolutely envy people who really like what they're doing, though it doesn't pay much (though, of course, it would be better if it did, hehe). My current job pays well, but I can't say that I'm fully satisfied. I guess it's up to each of us to find the 'balance' that would keep us happy.
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #248
Sou-jiro
Left Midfielder-UnionFC

Likes (Received): 7

asan na penge?...hehehe....anyway wag na so sad pipol......nag eemote din tuloy ako...mejo depress din me lately
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #249
driftwood
gomu gomu no...

Ano ba 'yun?! Ba't nga ba tayo malungkot?! Must be the weather...

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year!!!

恭喜发财 [gong xi fa cai]
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #250
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 261

Phew! I was gone the weekend and all this drama transpired! Well Mike (and the rest reading), I know it sounds cliche, but "This too shall pass." There you have it, my own two cents on the topic, it may not be much right now but it appreciates in value as time pass by and you're far removed from the situation you're currently in.

BTW, feeling GLAD because two classmates of mine from high school in the Philippines (but are currently living here in the US for some time now) paid me a surprised visit over the weekend! I'm still feeling high from a totally unplanned, unexpected and unscripted fun weekend.
Old January 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #251
weirdo
helter skelter

Likes (Received): 14

glad - bagong gupit at nakamura
mad - taeng practicum magbabayad pa ng transcript at good moral para maka apply. pineperahan ako ng university bwisit
mad - hindi ko maayos yung bibliography dahil may nagtatago/nagnakaw ng source ko sa filipiniana. nakakaasar

kuya mike, easy lang.
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #252
ramvingar
Taipan in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce
Phew! I was gone the weekend and all this drama transpired! Well Mike (and the rest reading), I know it sounds cliche, but "This too shall pass." There you have it, my own two cents on the topic, it may not be much right now but it appreciates in value as time pass by and you're far removed from the situation you're currently in.

BTW, feeling GLAD because two classmates of mine from high school in the Philippines (but are currently living here in the US for some time now) paid me a surprised visit over the weekend! I'm still feeling high from a totally unplanned, unexpected and unscripted fun weekend.

Good for you Kimber! I love surprise visits except when they drop by to find that I haven't taken a shower and my hair is in a mess! Hehe!
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #253
ramvingar
Taipan in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawayano
@boybaha--hang in there! I hate to make things more complicated or offend anyone in here, but life isn't always guaranteed to improve with that post-grad degree. Although it does provide an asset that may prove beneficial at some point, by remaining in your area of specialization, you must truly believe that it will be the career where you can feel happy. I wonder how many of us just work to primarily pay the bills--I mean, a job has to have some redeeming qualities where you can feel productive and find some sense of reward in what you do.

Anyway, to all those forumers who came to the aid of boybaha, you each deserve multiple dosages of Godiva chocolates basking in a heap of Cold Stone Mountain French vanilla ice cream--what true friends you are indeed! This is one unique blog where a sense of family or security has obviously developed among some forumers. Way to go!!
mmmm....yummy. Got me salivating there now Hawayano. I suppose it would work with just plain Vanilla ice cream, right? I'll give this a try this weekend.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #254
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvingar
Good for you Kimber! I love surprise visits except when they drop by to find that I haven't taken a shower and my hair is in a mess! Hehe!
It didn't come to that....I was just jarred awake by my cellphone ringing at 6:00am last Saturday saying that they just arrived in town and want to spend the weekend with me. I was too groggy to comprehend at first but when I got my senses straight I jumped out of bed and into the shower and got myself ready, then met them at the hotel they were staying at.
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #255
ramvingar
Taipan in the making

yup! as long as they call beforehand. i don't know but my friends in the Phils before had the habit of just dropping by whenever. One time, they dropped by and I was just in a holey Tshirt and boxers. Plus I didn't have any hair product on and so my hair was in a semi-aphro (my hair tends to stand up even if it is 6inches long. my head looked like a fuzz ball). To top it off, they brought along a girl that I've never met. I told her, "Of course now you realize I'm going to have to kill you!"
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #256
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Hmm....maybe I should pay you a surprise visit too, but this time I'll bring a camera to document the moment!
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #257
Lili
The Original is The Best

Likes (Received): 8

-delete-

Last edited by Lili; January 30th, 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Lili no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #258
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Hmm....I wonder why you deleted that post of yours Lili, now I'm intrigued by it.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #259
Lili
The Original is The Best

Likes (Received): 8

Sensitive joke. Baka magalit. Pasensiya na.
Lili no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #260
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

I understand.