daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Los Angeles > Los Angeles forums > Greater L.A. Area

Greater L.A. Area Urban Issues Outside the L.A. City Limits » Orange County | Ventura County | San Bernardino and Riverside Counties

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1
vicecityguy

Likes (Received): 1

Red face Long Beach City Hall East Site

This evening, many developers proposing on an intersection (3 Parcels) in Downtown Long Beach (Broadway and Long Beach Blvd) attended a community event where they displayed their projects. I snapped some pictures for you to see the interest in Long Beach:

Toll Brothers (City Living)

Art Exchange Block:

The site located on the north east corner of long Beach blvd and Broadway will be developed with an electic mix of art-focused uses to compliment the 40,000 square foot Art Exchange. The project will incorporate a 200 mixed-use podium style building with an average residential unit size of 1,206 sqare feet with 24,010 square feet of retail at the first ploor. many of the residential units will include live/work artist loft spaces. The development will contain 400 assigned residential parking spaces, 80 art exchange parking spaces, and 72 retail parking spaces.

The proposal also includes a 150 room boutique hotel on the southwest corner of the block. The boutique hotel may contain a video art veil utilized for cultural and community events to be held on the 20,000 square foot outdoor public plaza. All buildings and uses will be compatible with Art Exchange

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Block:

This site is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Broadway and Long Beach Blvd. The highlight of the site is the 42-story high rise residential tower with 628 units with an average unit size of 1,232 square feet located on the northeast corner of the site. The top floor of the tower will contain a restaurant club offering expansive views of Southern California and specifically the Long Beach waterfront.

The development will include 2,464 assigned residential parking spaces, 350 MTA parking spaces, and 74 retail parking spaces to serve the 24,634 square feet of retail. The parking structure core will be surrounded by mixed-use retail, commercial and residential units.

The top of the parking deck will feature walk-up townhome residential units and an amenity deck providing residential facilities. There is also an additional 240 ft, 21 story residential tower located to the south of the main tower. Improvements will also include the preservation of the historic American Hotel Building facade.

City Hall East Block:

This site is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Broadway and Long Beach Blvd. The project will incorporate a 32 story, high rise residential tower with 377 units with an average unit size of 1,306 square feet located on the northwest corner of the site.

The development will include 754 assigned residential parking spaces and 108 retail parking spaces to serve the 54,050 square feet of retail and a small upscale supermarket. The top of the parking deck will feature walk-up townhome residential units and an amenity deck privding resident facilities.

Lennar (The Boulevard)

Key Points:
  • Connectivity to East Village and Downtwon
  • New Higher Quality Retail: Mix of National and Local retailers
  • Activation and Revitalization of the Neighborhood
  • A 40,000 SF Art Exchange Building - Fully Funded by Lennar
  • Public Gathering Spaces
  • Transit Oritented Development
  • 350 MTA Parking Spaces
  • Designed to be Compatible with the Surrounding Neighborhood
  • Historic Preservation of American Hotel and Acres of Books
  • Opertunities for Integration of Existing Local Businesses
  • Responsive to Community Interests
  • Maximum Financial Return to City and RDA
  • Approximatley 120,000 SF of ground floor retail
  • 1,062 for sale homes

Entire Project "The Boulevard"

City Hall East Block:

Looking North on Long Beach Blvd from 1st Street

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Block:
36 Story Tower

Looking East on Broadway - American Hotel on Right

Art Exchange Block:

Looking North on Long Beach Blvd - Acres of Books in center

Williams & Dame (Art Exchange Site Only)

Three Buildings along Elm and Broadway are 7 stories. Two buildings along 3rd & Long Beach are 10 and 19 stories, respectively.

The Arts Center is a sustainalbe place where artists, residents and visitors can come together and experience open space, gallaries, exhibitions, dining, shopping and living.

The Related Companies (MTA Site Only)
Approximatley 1 Million square feet including structured parking (1,218 parking spaces) retail live/work space (serving the neighborhood) and residential condominiums (454) units. The residential component is comprised of two towers and a podium structure, each with different housing type in order to appeal to a broad range of buyers.

Tower "One" is a 22 story loft condominium building with relatively narrow and deep units, in an open-plan type arrangement with high celings. Units range in size from 730 to 2,500 sq. ft. Tower "Two" is a 14 story soft-loft condominium building with units ranging in size from 750 to 2,500 sq. ft. The podium structure will be activated by live/work units, many with street access and units ranging in size from 960 to 1,900 sq ft. Other than proper signage at street level, the parking garage will not be visible from the street.

Grand Prix Place

MTA Block:
A 20 story loft-style new residential tower, almost 12,000 sf of street level retail and restaurant opportunties and a 350 stal parking structure designed to service the needs of the MTA. This tower will integrate the restored facade of the American Hotel and wil be used to define a welcoming landscaped courthard which will serve as the front door to the new East Village Tower.

City Hall East Block:

10 Story Adaptive Reuse of existing City Hall East Building:

New on Left, Reuse on the Right:
vicecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 31st, 2006, 07:50 PM   #2
Vidiot
California Love

Likes (Received): 0

wow. this would be a maaaajor overhaul.
I love your grand old ocean and I love your rugged shore.
I love your old gray Missions - love your vineyards stretching far,
I love you, California, with your Golden Gate ajar,
I love your purple sunsets, love your skies of azure blue,
I love you, California; I just can't help loving you..
Vidiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Vidiot
California Love

I love your grand old ocean and I love your rugged shore.
I love your old gray Missions - love your vineyards stretching far,
I love you, California, with your Golden Gate ajar,
I love your purple sunsets, love your skies of azure blue,
I love you, California; I just can't help loving you..

Last edited by Vidiot; January 31st, 2006 at 07:56 PM.
Vidiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:32 AM   #4
soup or man
Diamondz...

Likes (Received): 174

Holy shit
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM   #5
LANative
Smile!

Wow! Thats some good stuff. I especially like the first one; it reminds me of the L.A. Live project. Long Beach is in store for a bright future.
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:32 PM   #6
vicecityguy

Thanks to Scottb, Here are cleaner versions of a couple of the images posted above:

vicecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:17 PM   #7
soup or man
Diamondz...

Likes (Received): 174

I like the first proposals. Seems as though one of the buildings has hanging gardens. That's cool.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 05:07 AM   #8
PotatoGuy

OMG they´re doing all this in dtlb??? awesome!