daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old February 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #261
hazlan

Likes (Received): 60

downtown seoul is north side of the river, but not really at river bank area, slightly towards up north the river, right in the middle....
you could trace downtown seoul by searching stn Jongno, Eljiro, Chungmuro, thats downtown seoul...

you could see, lots of subway stns in downtown seoul....every corner of downtown seoul, there's subway stn...and the subway entrance is widespread....almost 5 to 8, and up to 12 subway entrances for each stns....

hope KL MRT study about this..
hazlan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 13th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #262
tunomura

Likes (Received): 19

I have been to the MRT Public Review..from my point of view, there are several items have been miss out about the alignment

1) There is no info of ITT Sungai Buloh location either at Sungai Buloh Station or at RRIM:
2) No station design concept, i mean, how the station going to control the crowd, how many entrance and exit gate..just show simple arrow for each station
3) I know that details of overall Greater KV MRT planning will come out on next month..but why not they show which station within Sungai Buloh-Kajang MRT will be integrate with next future MRT (Proposed Circle Line or Yellow Line)
4) No info how they are going to reduce the environmental impact such as noise and vibration during construction and during operation..

Here is some pics taken by me

The train will be driveless

image hosted on flickr

Proposed feeder bus system

image hosted on flickr

One more thing, during the review, no SPAD representative and those wearing black t-shirt were MMC-GAMUDA.. They can't give exact answer because they are only main contractor not as a project supervisor..Who supervise who? SPAD or Gamuda?
tunomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #263
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 11

looks like one of those Alstom Metropolis trains .....
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #264
patchay

Likes (Received): 962

I was there for longgg................................. and even got interviewed by NST... I said everything is GOOD but still can IMPROVE.

Anyway here's Patchay's Concluding Comments:

1. No mention of Sg Buloh ITT transport hub (for North)

2. Spoken to Mutiara Damansara resident who not too happy with the line so close to homes. I think more info need to be provided to affected residents.

3. The Curve and 1Utama stations seem to be "too close". Would love if See Hoy Chan proposed to integrate both stations into 1 at the Central Park carpark area since New Wing and IKEA will not be too far. This will further become a transport hub for express coaches going to Genting, Singapore and the new KLIA2 (AirAsia bus hub in PJ).

4. Was told it's difficult to get into Damansara Uptown and Tropicana City area since there's no road reserve, 2 ramps and dangerous turns at bottleneck.

5. No mention how KL Sentral station will be linked to the "real KL Sentral Station" or even Nu Sentral and Monorail. It is not an integrated stop and hopefully there'll be a Mid Valley-The Gardens ala bridge that cuts through QSENTRAL OR ST REGIS.

6. Warisan Merdeka 100-storey building was mentioned and shown.

7. Why the need for 2 stations at Bukit Bintang? According to KVMRT ppl, there's huge traffic. No integration with Monorail there.

8. I hope they change Pasar Rakyat name to KLIFD in the future.

9. You may change Taman Bukit Mewah to Taman Midah for commercial/marketing purposes.

10. MISTAKE! Taman Suntex come first before Taman Cuepacs???? I tot is another way round. (Cheras ppl pls clarify?)

11. I think Bandar Sg Long deserve a station. Lotsa young and students there.

12. The name "Bandar Kajang" and "Kajang" is confusing.

13. NO indication of station length and no indication of FUTURE EXPANSION.

14. NO indication of INTEGRATION with FUTURE MRT Lines.

(pls correct my mistakes and share ideas?)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #265
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunomura View Post
I have been to the MRT Public Review..from my point of view, there are several items have been miss out about the alignment

1) There is no info of ITT Sungai Buloh location either at Sungai Buloh Station or at RRIM:
2) No station design concept, i mean, how the station going to control the crowd, how many entrance and exit gate..just show simple arrow for each station
3) I know that details of overall Greater KV MRT planning will come out on next month..but why not they show which station within Sungai Buloh-Kajang MRT will be integrate with next future MRT (Proposed Circle Line or Yellow Line)
4) No info how they are going to reduce the environmental impact such as noise and vibration during construction and during operation..

Here is some pics taken by me

The train will be driveless

image hosted on flickr

Proposed feeder bus system

image hosted on flickr

One more thing, during the review, no SPAD representative and those wearing black t-shirt were MMC-GAMUDA.. They can't give exact answer because they are only main contractor not as a project supervisor..Who supervise who? SPAD or Gamuda?
only one stn bukit bintang covers golden triangle area...

while, puduraya area got lots of rail coverage, MRT, LRT ampang line, LRT kelana jaya line...

I find that jalan pinang, jalan perak, jalan raja chulan, jalan sultan ismail, jln p ramlee which have loads of high rise commercial buildings seriously need to have rail network coverage... those are the places where most of blue collar workers work....
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #266
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
I was there for longgg................................. and even got interviewed by NST... I said everything is GOOD but still can IMPROVE.

Anyway here's Patchay's Concluding Comments:

1. No mention of Sg Buloh ITT transport hub (for North)

2. Spoken to Mutiara Damansara resident who not too happy with the line so close to homes. I think more info need to be provided to affected residents.

3. The Curve and 1Utama stations seem to be "too close". Would love if See Hoy Chan proposed to integrate both stations into 1 at the Central Park carpark area since New Wing and IKEA will not be too far. This will further become a transport hub for express coaches going to Genting, Singapore and the new KLIA2 (AirAsia bus hub in PJ).

4. Was told it's difficult to get into Damansara Uptown and Tropicana City area since there's no road reserve, 2 ramps and dangerous turns at bottleneck.

5. No mention how KL Sentral station will be linked to the "real KL Sentral Station" or even Nu Sentral and Monorail. It is not an integrated stop and hopefully there'll be a Mid Valley-The Gardens ala bridge that cuts through QSENTRAL OR ST REGIS.

6. Warisan Merdeka 100-storey building was mentioned and shown.

7. Why the need for 2 stations at Bukit Bintang? According to KVMRT ppl, there's huge traffic. No integration with Monorail there.

8. I hope they change Pasar Rakyat name to KLIFD in the future.

9. You may change Taman Bukit Mewah to Taman Midah for commercial/marketing purposes.

10. MISTAKE! Taman Suntex come first before Taman Cuepacs???? I tot is another way round. (Cheras ppl pls clarify?)

11. I think Bandar Sg Long deserve a station. Lotsa young and students there.

12. The name "Bandar Kajang" and "Kajang" is confusing.

13. NO indication of station length and no indication of FUTURE EXPANSION.

14. NO indication of INTEGRATION with FUTURE MRT Lines.

(pls correct my mistakes and share ideas?)
2 stns for bkt bintang? its good decision i think... there's where located loads of high rise buildings..
confusing name, same case as station sentul and station sentul timur....
they can replace stn sentul with stn bandar baru sentul instaed...

and, why dont they extend ampang line, from sentul to up north to selayang?
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #267
hazlan

these areas really need rail network coverage....

as we speak, only raja chulan monorail stn is there (super light rail transit - which is not efficient)

these area is fastly growing and keep on growing...any vacant land is now having construction....more and more builings popping out....imagine in next 10 years, how many poeple works here...this is the heart of KL downtown where seriously needs mass rail network...dont u think?

i dont understand why government left out this area from MRT proposal route...otherwise the MRT serve no purpose, just go to pasar seni, pudu, and the get out of city to kajang... who works in pudu? and commuters will overcrowd pasar seni stn to change to kelana jaya line, and cause more congestion in kelana jaya line.....

Last edited by hazlan; February 13th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #268
Ethaniel83

Likes (Received): 93

I agree that Jalan Raja Chulan/Jalan Sultan Ismail area should covered by mrt because of high volume of commuters there. No point to build two mrt stations at the edge of Bukit Bintang. Personally i'm disappointed with the alignment passing thru the golden triangle area.

Another area should give priority is Damansara Utama instead of TTDI, SPNB should not just find an easy way because of lacks of space and construction difficulty.

So far do not see any clear indication on how the mrt is going to integrate with Sg Buloh and Kajang KTM stn? For the Kajang Interchange, maybe it can build a new integrated rail terminal opposite the current underutilized Kajang bus terminal at Jalan Reko. This is an ideal location given it is closer to serve commuters from Bandar Baru Bangi and upcoming Kajang 2 new township development. Further that's another proposed mrt stn in Kajang town and the current railways station is rather old.
Ethaniel83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #269
Sheik

Likes (Received): 7

4 Car Trains

The kvmrt will only have 4 car trains which will carry 1200 passengers. The reason I got for not being 6 or 8 cars is it will be too costly to acquire the land and the other mrt lines will disperse the increase in future ridership.

The underground portion is only 9.5 km. Since they are planning to spend 20 billion, what is a few billion more?

Bukit bintang will have 2 stations. One near federal hotel and the other near pavilion. Heard that there are plans to build and underground shopping mall linking both stations.

Last edited by Sheik; February 14th, 2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typed wrongly
Sheik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #270
bukhrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlan View Post
and, why dont they extend ampang line, from sentul to up north to selayang?
Been wondering about that for years. Currently the line ended in the middle of the city and only serve those people in the south. With such poor coverage, how can they expect to make full use of the Ampang line ?
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #271
benpahang

Likes (Received): 0

how about direct connectivity with Ampang line? I think connection at Maluri is a bit out of the way for people coming from or heading to Sentul side. I think from Pasar Seni to Masjid Jamek is quite a walking distance and those not fimiliar may have difficulties finding the station.

No mention also connection with monorail. This is important for those going along Jln Sultan Ismail up to Jln Tar.
benpahang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #272
asd5139

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
downtown seoul is north side of the river, but not really at river bank area, slightly towards up north the river, right in the middle....
you could trace downtown seoul by searching stn Jongno, Eljiro, Chungmuro, thats downtown seoul...

you could see, lots of subway stns in downtown seoul....every corner of downtown seoul, there's subway stn...and the subway entrance is widespread....almost 5 to 8, and up to 12 subway entrances for each stns....

hope KL MRT study about this..
How can u compare kl with seoul.. the gap is too huge...it also take some time for Seoul to build up all the subway station at every corner of downtown seoul... From my observation.. seoul's subway have a lots of exits due to its location and the length of their platform. most station situated below an intersection/traffic lights, so basically they need to make at least 8 exit to 4 different roads and the length of platform also give advantage to seoul subway to have more number of exits.let see our lrt station location.. most of it are just by the roadside and with short platform result in with only i or 2 exits. Take Sindorim station (intersection of line 1 and 2) for example, it only have 2 exits and the exits is only at line 2 which is underground. So if u get off at line 1(at grade).. u need to go downstairs, exit and take another stair (ascend) to get out of the station... and most people only use one of the exit since the bus stand is only on this side. other than that.. since seoul subways have to many exits.. most of it are not accessible to OKU since its only stairs.

The things that i want kl to learn from the seoul the most is the feeder bus system and their T-money card system. i love when i dont need to pay a single won when i change from subway to public bus.
asd5139 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #273
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 826

Photo from MRT public display in Bangsar LRT

This is the answer, for the length of the MRT train (actual length in mm)

Car 1 : 22000 mm

Gangway : 700 mm

Car 2 : 21500 mm

Car 3 : 21500 mm

Car 4 : 22000 mm

Total length : 89.1 m
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #274
bukhrin

From the "stations view page" and tunnel diagrams. Will we have a stacked platform underground stations ? For the BB East ?
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #275
TWK90
Infrastructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukhrin View Post
From the "stations view page" and tunnel diagrams. Will we have a stacked platform underground stations ? For the BB East ?
From the public display....

BB West and BB East MRT stations, both have stacked side platforms.
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #276
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post
Photo from MRT public display in Bangsar LRT

This is the answer, for the length of the MRT train (actual length in mm)

Car 1 : 22000 mm

Car 2 : 21500 mm

Car 3 : 21500 mm

Car 4 : 22000 mm

Total length : 89.1 m
with that length, the station needs at least four different exits, or else, users will congest the exit doors and escalators
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #277
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukhrin View Post
Been wondering about that for years. Currently the line ended in the middle of the city and only serve those people in the south. With such poor coverage, how can they expect to make full use of the Ampang line ?
thats why, plus, why the need of integration of monorail titiwangsa with ampang line titiwangsa right towards the end of ampang line route, not so effective and useful, unless the ampang line is extended up north to selayang, batu caves or maybe kepong, segambut....
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #278
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
The kvmrt will only have 4 car trains which will carry 1200 passengers. The reason I got for not being 6 or 8 cars is it will be too costly to acquire the land and the other mrt lines will disperse the increase in future ridership.

The underground portion is only 9.5 km. Since they are planning to spend 20 billion, what is a few billion more?

Bukit bintang will have 2 stations. One near federal hotel and the other near pavilion. Heard that there are plans to build and underground shopping mall linking both stations.
where the hell on earth is Federal Hotel, by the way?
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #279
hazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd5139 View Post
How can u compare kl with seoul.. the gap is too huge...it also take some time for Seoul to build up all the subway station at every corner of downtown seoul... From my observation.. seoul's subway have a lots of exits due to its location and the length of their platform. most station situated below an intersection/traffic lights, so basically they need to make at least 8 exit to 4 different roads and the length of platform also give advantage to seoul subway to have more number of exits.let see our lrt station location.. most of it are just by the roadside and with short platform result in with only i or 2 exits. Take Sindorim station (intersection of line 1 and 2) for example, it only have 2 exits and the exits is only at line 2 which is underground. So if u get off at line 1(at grade).. u need to go downstairs, exit and take another stair (ascend) to get out of the station... and most people only use one of the exit since the bus stand is only on this side. other than that.. since seoul subways have to many exits.. most of it are not accessible to OKU since its only stairs.

The things that i want kl to learn from the seoul the most is the feeder bus system and their T-money card system. i love when i dont need to pay a single won when i change from subway to public bus.
Dont we want KL to become world class city of high income developed country by 2020? it is now to implement this or else by the time KL become city of develop country, it cannot be on par with other capital of develop countries like London, Tokyo, Seoul, or even Singapore.

T-Money card, and our Touch and Go card, not same concept?
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #280
TWK90
Infrastructure

Quote:
Dont we want KL to become world class city of high income developed country by 2020? it is now to implement this or else by the time KL become city of develop country, it cannot be on par with other capital of develop countries like London, Tokyo, Seoul, or even Singapore.

T-Money card, and our Touch and Go card, not same concept?
Singapore is far than us in terms of their Ezlink.

The thing is, MRT should not just be just a mode of transport, the associated things such as the contactless card, can serve as a way of life, in terms of shopping.

Touch n Go can be used for shopping, but the outlets that accept the card are very limited.

Another thing is that using Ezlink does have discount on tickets, but our Touch n Go do not have such incentive.

Tags
metro, mrt