daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #5761
SouthernGeneral
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemby View Post
Yes, the architect was Leandro V. Locsin, a National Artist.... I was hoping that the Davao Historical Commission start looking into the old terminal... that is where Blessed John Paul II held his first mass in mindanao in 1981. countless dignitaries have passed through its halls. A memorial also for that bombing that happened in the early part of previous decade.
Lahi ra jud basta ginama sa mga artist kay masterpiece jud. Way pagkunhob sa face value...in fact gataas nuon in the passing of time. Sana hindi ito mabaon sa limot...sayang din talaga...
SouthernGeneral no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #5762
cemby
Demented User

Likes (Received): 116

napagtripan ko lang..hehe

Arrivals at DIA (based on the schedules published and with a time of Oct. 2011 po yan ha)

525 2P981 daily Manila
530 2P391 daily Cebu
540 5J961 daily Manila
545 Z2390 daily Manila
600 5J593 daily Cebu
620 PR819 daily Manila
715 5J959 daily Manila
715 DG7022 daily Manila
730 5J394 daily Zamboanga
800 5J599 daily Cebu
910 5J347 daily Iloilo
935 5J963 daily Manila
1015 2P247 daily Cebu
1050 PR811 daily Manila
1120 PR252/2P252 daily Cagayan de Oro
1145 DG7024 daily Manila
1205 5j595 daily Cebu
1255 MI588 M/W/F Singapore
1315 Z2394 M/W/F/Sa Manila
1400 5J965 daily Manila
1435 MI566 sun/thu Singapore
1500 5J597 M/W/F Cebu
1500 5J975 daily Manila
1540 2P983 daily Manila
1640 5J967 daily Manila
1720 PR813 daily Manila
1800 2P289 daily Cebu
1815 5J215 M/T/Th/Sa Cagayan de Oro
1825 DG7028 daily Manila
1945 5J973 daily Manila
2015 Z2392 daily Manila
2035 2P987 daily Manila
2110 5J969 daily Manila
2130 PR821 daily Manila

Busy time of arrivals: 5 Am to 6 Am, 3 pm to 4 pm, 8pm to 930 pm

so.. basing on this plus the fact that at least 2 hours before the flight... it is best to avoid these times para makaupo tayo sa mga silya ng waiting area fronting gates 6,7 and 8...

gate 5 kasi if i remember right is the one hall that is enclosed when you enter the predeparture..yung katabi ng Mabuhay lounge (not the VIP or Canteen). I think that is being used by zest Air....
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #5763
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit31 View Post
maximum is 10 flights per hour. the trick there is to fix the schedules properly para maacomodate lahat. we can extend pa naman the terminal to the left and to the right. facing the terminal, to the left pwede pa 2 jetways, , to the right 1 jetway. pero pang a320 lang.

they can also use the old terminal na. sayang din yun. magagamit din yun. it just needs major renovation. the old ramp can accomodate around 2 a320's and one a330 side by side simultaneously.

terminal 1 and terminal 2 na tayo. hehehehe.
hahaa...ka cute, pwd gani terminal 1, 2 and 3......hahaha...bitaw, diba apil man sa plan na i-ayos ang old terminal ang the construction sa parallel taxiway?...speaking of expansion, hantud ing-ana lang jud ang ka-lapad sa new ramp nato? or pwd pa cya ma-extend, kay na pansin nko sa unahan sa ATC naa pay DAKU na lot na pwd ma ma expand...

basta dapat jud ma-sugdan na ang parallel taxiway, to relieved congestion...
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #5764
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogavilz View Post
i think that's because the airport is 90s architecture, and back in the day, the largest plane to land in Davao was the A300, or even the DC-10. Makes me wonder if the people behind the airport project even anticipated the use of bigger planes to davao

Edit: to answer my own question: i think they did, since the gates can accommodate the 747 and 777, but sana they made the predep and baggage areas bigger
mao jud, and in the 90s, A330s were already flying to DVO, hehehe...ang ang B744 can accomodate up 400 plus passenger and the B773 can accommodate up to 385 passengers, plus the narrow bodies pa? unsaon nalang sa duha ka conveyors? actually ok lang man na duha, pro dapat DAKO KAAU ang conveyors and also the area... hehehe

Last edited by ryairyan; May 13th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
ryairyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #5765
ryairyan
Captain-RN

tama diay, kay napansin nko ug nabasa pud, bays 1, 2, 6 and 7 are for A300 and below... and ang Bays 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9 are for B744 and below, Total of 9 aircraft lang, plus the old ramp na 1 A330/ A343 and 2 A320( I guess, pwd pud A321 and B757 and below eh) total of 12 aircraft at a time...kung pwd pa ma expand ang new ramp much better! hehehe...malay nato in time naa nay A380 na gusto mag anhi sa DIA, although we can handle the take off and landing kay max take off weight at max take off run sa A380 is 2,800m man...i don't know lng kung maka taxi ang A380...pro db 36m man ang width sa A3 and A4???????
Old May 14th, 2011, 04:10 AM   #5766
Teebob

Likes (Received): 1

http://eurocontrol.gryph.de/airports/RPMD.pdf

Nandito lahat tungkol sa DAvao aerodrome kasama ang charts lightings and markings.
Teebob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #5767
Rajah_Soliman
时间致富 與被愛

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Yes, the architect was Leandro V. Locsin, a National Artist.... I was hoping that the Davao Historical Commission start looking into the old terminal... that is where Blessed John Paul II held his first mass in mindanao in 1981. countless dignitaries have passed through its halls. A memorial also for that bombing that happened in the early part of previous decade.
i heard gagawin daw office ng ato, how true?
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #5768
ryairyan
Captain-RN

My shots of RPMD

RPMD's Air Traffic Control Tower

Silk Air's A320 rolling out of runway 05. (unta madungagan ni mga international flights.)

Philippine Airlines PR 819 on short finals runway 05.
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #5769
pthfndr19

Likes (Received): 447

Nice shots!!
pthfndr19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #5770
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthfndr19 View Post
Nice shots!!
Thanks po!

All the best for our dear airport...
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #5771
majaba98

[QUOTE=calbayognon;77687971][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]Hindi pa naman siguro kasi sa Cebu na mas maraming flight di pa masyadong crowded kasi may dead hours naman. In fact ngayon lang dinadagdagan ng dalawang boarding tubes at waiting lounges. Here are the number of flights to Cebu (one way):

Airphilexpress (Manila, Davao, Bacolod, Cagayan, Iloilo, Tacloban, Ozamis, Caticlan, Zamboanga)---- 126 flights/week
(Singapore)---- 7 flights/week

Cebu Pacific (Manila, Davao, Iloilo, Cagayan, Tacloban, Ozamis, Butuan, Surigao, Caticlan, General Santos, Puerto Princesa, Clark, Legaspi, Dumaguete, Siargao, Zamboanga, Bacolod)---- 233 flights/week
(Singapore---- 7/week; Hongkong-7/week; Seoul-7/week;Busan-4/week: Total: 25/week

Philippine Airlines ( Manila)----- 56 flights/week
(Tokyo and Seoul)---- 12 flights/week

Zestair (Manila)----35 flights/week

Seair (Caticlan)----7 flights/week

Cathay Pacific (Hongkong)----7 flights/week
Asiana Airlines (Seoul)---- 7 flights/week
Korean Airlines (Seoul)---- 7 flights/week
Qatar Airways (Doha)---- 3 flights/week
Airbusan (Busan)---- 4 flights/week
Silkair Singapore)--- 7 flights/week TOTAL: 536 FLIGHTS/WEEK (Roundtrip is 1072)

Sa July ang Seair will fly to Cebu from Manila 5x/day or 35x/week; 5J will also add another flight from Manila.

Great stats Calbayognon. Can you do that for Kalibo and Clark too please ?
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #5772
cemby
Demented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah_Soliman View Post
i heard gagawin daw office ng ato, how true?
Hmmm...ang daming rumors actually. Una ATO-CAAP, sunod maging headquarters daw, sunod maging museum... sunod LTO..... hindi talaga malaman kung ano plan... but most probably it will be an office of an agency.

However, totoo bang may mga Informal settlers na?

about sikipan sa loob ng pre departure ng DIA....., Mactan Cebu has a large pre departure space and the pre departure holding area compared to DIA and that is why, it can get more passengers waiting in one spot compared to DIA. Ang medyo mahirap lang sa Mactan Cebu is the check in counters because it has many flights but has a few check in counters/vis flights to accept passengers kaya ang pila mahaba. The check in hall itself is already small considering the passenger loads that has to be processed for check in. I do think the good GM of MCIAA who is also lurking and a forumer already has plans to decongest the check in area.......

The waiting conditions in DIA gets worse most often pag nadedelay ang mga flights....
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #5773
Rajah_Soliman
时间致富 與被愛

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Hmmm...ang daming rumors actually. Una ATO-CAAP, sunod maging headquarters daw, sunod maging museum... sunod LTO..... hindi talaga malaman kung ano plan... but most probably it will be an office of an agency.

However, totoo bang may mga Informal settlers na?

about sikipan sa loob ng pre departure ng DIA....., Mactan Cebu has a large pre departure space and the pre departure holding area compared to DIA and that is why, it can get more passengers waiting in one spot compared to DIA. Ang medyo mahirap lang sa Mactan Cebu is the check in counters because it has many flights but has a few check in counters/vis flights to accept passengers kaya ang pila mahaba. The check in hall itself is already small considering the passenger loads that has to be processed for check in. I do think the good GM of MCIAA who is also lurking and a forumer already has plans to decongest the check in area.......

The waiting conditions in DIA gets worse most often pag nadedelay ang mga flights....

bakit di na lang kasi re-open at i-operate ang old DIA, let say para sa mga smaller or LCC airlines.... imo, tawagin na lang syang TERMINAL 2 to be connected to the new DIA TERMINAL 1 via (hold your breath, katkat tong sasabihin ko ) an underground tunnel or a sky train like those in SQ, FRA or DIA (denver international airport )
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #5774
mCx2
clear minded mortal

Likes (Received): 197

Quote:
bakit di na lang kasi re-open at i-operate ang old DIA, let say para sa mga smaller or LCC airlines.... imo, tawagin na lang syang TERMINAL 2 to be connected to the new DIA TERMINAL 1 via (hold your breath, katkat tong sasabihin ko ) an underground tunnel or a sky train like those in SQ, FRA or DIA (denver international airport )
Vonggasious idea gang.sana magkatotoo.

Political Correctness has Gone Mad!!!
mCx2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #5775
litigs

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
CAAP can't afford to run two terminals. If maintaining one is already a struggle, how much more for two. Best way is to make money out of that old terminal.
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #5776
davaob4now
life down under

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryairyan View Post
My shots of RPMD

RPMD's Air Traffic Control Tower

Silk Air's A320 rolling out of runway 05. (unta madungagan ni mga international flights.)

nindot gihapon kaayo ang Old Airport oh...

2nd picture, until now im still amazed how a big bird made of steel can fly high up in the sky...kung ang tabanog gani nako nga tukog ra, di gani molupad usahay pero kanang puthaw nga eroplano perteng lupara naa pay kargang mga tao..
Old May 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #5777
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaob4now View Post
nindot gihapon kaayo ang Old Airport oh...

2nd picture, until now im still amazed how a big bird made of steel can fly high up in the sky...kung ang tabanog gani nako nga tukog ra, di gani molupad usahay pero kanang puthaw nga eroplano perteng lupara naa pay kargang mga tao..
sayang jud bitaw ang old terminal...hm..
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #5778
jogavilz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryairyan View Post
My shots of RPMD
Ryan, how were you able to get near the runway? Lampas na ni sa Vincent heights diba?

Last edited by jogavilz; May 16th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
jogavilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #5779
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogavilz View Post
Ryan, how were you able to get near the runway? Lampas na ni sa Vincent heights diba?
sa east side na sa runway 05, hehehe, katong naay mga blay (ambot kng squatters to sila, hehehe)
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #5780
cemby
Demented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by litigs View Post
CAAP can't afford to run two terminals. If maintaining one is already a struggle, how much more for two. Best way is to make money out of that old terminal.
sabi nga niya katkat... it was just like a dream...

in reality, hindi rin puwede maging another functioning terminal ang old DIA as most of the area is under the military/airforce already......

Tags
davao airport, davao city