daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Other discussions > Photography, Heritage & Architecture > General Photography & Videos

Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM   #301
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhavoc View Post
Uncalled for.
Frankly, I just don't get unnecessary colorful language (coupled with the penchance to hurl personal invective and insults) that has relatively recently become rather standard fare on this site.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #302
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Likes (Received): 383

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks
GAR3TH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #303
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Quote:
U.S. Navy sailors conduct visit, board, search and seizure training with Nigerian special operations sailors at the Joint Maritime Special Operations Training Command as part of Africa Partnership Station West in Lagos, Nigeria, on April 13, 2011. Africa Partnership Station is an international security cooperation initiative facilitated by Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa aimed at strengthening global maritime partnerships through training and collaborative activities in order to improve maritime safety and security in Africa. DoD photo by Petty Officer 1st Class Darryl Wood, U.S. Navy. (Released)

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #304
Rdokoye
I'm The King

Likes (Received): 221

USCGC Chase (sailing into habour on the day before hand over)

Close up of the ship showing name plate

I still believe that the one thing that will bring peace, absolute peace, to this country, the type of peace we want attached to development, is to liberate Ndi Igbo and there is no better act of liberation than accepting that they have equal right in Nigeria.

~ Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ikemba
Rdokoye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #305
Rdokoye
I'm The King

NIGERIAN ADMIRAL ON GULF OF GUINEA NAVIES, SAYS "WE NEED 20 OPVs"

Nigerian Admiral Says, “We Need 20 OPVs”

Written by: Capt. Edward H. Lundquist, U.S. Navy (Ret.) on April 26, 2011

Quote:
An admiral in the Nigerian Navy told attendees at a conference on Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) that the nations in the area of the Gulf of Guinea (GoG) on the west coast of Africa have a need for 20 offshore patrol vessels (OPVs). OPVs are generally smaller than corvettes but have the ability to patrol far from shore.

The Gulf of Guinea Commission (GGC) was established in 2001, with its headquarters based in Angola. The GGC includes the eight nations of Angola, Cameroon, the Republic of Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Sao Tome and Principe.

Rear Adm. D.J. Ezeoba, former chief of training and operations for the Nigerian navy and presently the chief of administration at defence headquarters (DHQ), told delegates at the IQPC 4th annual OPV Asia Pacific Conference in Singapore that the GGC nations must work together for their collective security and called for the eight nations to acquire OPVs.

The Gulf is an area rich with resources, including vast oil deposits. It is also a region where the Exclusive Economic Zones of those nations overlap. So the GGC provides a platform for economic cooperation and a mechanism for conflict resolution particularly as they involve exploration and exploitation of oil and fisheries resources. “The global village in which we live in today make it very difficult to have boundaries,” Ezeoba said.

The hydrocarbon reserves in the region are not only abundant, but very low in sulphur content which makes them even more attractive. Ezeoba acknowledges there are security challenges in the region, such as piracy and illegal fishing, and that all GGC nations share a role in the collective security and stability of the region because their fortunes are tied so closely together.

The nations in the region must contend with the challenges of poverty and political instability and have limited resources to provide adequate maritime domain awareness and security by themselves.

Through “syndication of funds to drive the acquisition process,” Ezeoba said that the GGC nations need a phased and timely acquisition of OPVs through a strategic partnership.” The 20 ships should be acquired “within a five to ten year plan period,” he said.

Ezeoba said the ships could be of foreign design or construction, but that the approach should include “local content” and utilization of local shipyards to develop their local industrial capabilities. The ships might be of different sizes, capabilities and complexities. “It is not a ‘one jacket fits all sizes’ approach.”

Although he was speaking for himself, Ezeoba said the Nigerian Navy would be willing to lead the way with starting the program and ordering the first ships.
I still believe that the one thing that will bring peace, absolute peace, to this country, the type of peace we want attached to development, is to liberate Ndi Igbo and there is no better act of liberation than accepting that they have equal right in Nigeria.

Old May 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #306
Rdokoye
I'm The King

ROYAL NAVY'S 847 NAVAL AIR SQUADRON TRAIN IN NIGERIA

Quote:
Lynx helicopters from 847 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) have been helping to train Nigeria Armed Forces. As part of HMS Ocean’s embarked Squadrons they visited the Joint Maritime Security Training Centre (JMSTC) in Lagos while the ship visited the country.

While HMS Ocean was berthed alongside, conducting diplomatic work, military training and out-reach work in local communities, the ship’s TAG assisted in training ashore. The first task was to take part in the Nigerian Navy Fleet Review to celebrate Nigeria’s 50th anniversary of their independence from the Britain. Two Lynx helicopters joined a formation of three Nigerian Navy Air Arm helicopters as their President reviewed the assembled fleet.

The following day aircraft conducted trooping training with Nigerian maritime security personnel. This involved familiarisation with the British Lynx helicopters, followed by trooping flights with small teams of soldiers. The Nigerian personnel based at the JMSTC were being trained by a small team of international military instructors. On the anniversary of their independence the centre was officially handed over to the Nigerian training team.

As HMS Ocean was due to depart Lagos the embarked Squadrons were instructed to be on standby for counter piracy operations. Utilising the wide range of experience within the 847 NAS the aircrew and aircraft were rapidly prepared. For three days the aircrew, aircraft and maintainers were poised to conduct flying at short notice. Ultimately the necessity did not arise.

847 NAS has had a small detachment embarked on HMS Ocean since the start of June. The Lynx Mk7 battlefield helicopters were initially joined by their sister Commando Helicopter Force (CHF) ‘Jungly’ Sea King Mk4 support helicopters. After the large scale AURIGA amphibious exercise off America the Sea Kings of returned to the UK to deploy on operations in Afghanistan. The embarked Squadron was then joined by a flight of Lynx Mk3 Maritime helicopters for counter-piracy and counter-trafficking operations. HMS Ocean and the TAG are now sailing towards Sierra Leone to conduct further military training and maritime security patrol.

Old May 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #307
general weird

Likes (Received): 0

what variant of t 55 tank does nigeria use?
general weird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:30 AM   #308
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Last edited by GAR3TH; May 31st, 2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:30 AM   #309
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Old May 31st, 2011, 02:31 AM   #310
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM   #311
general weird

who knows what variant of t 55 tank does nigeria use?
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #312
general weird

what battle tanks does nigeria use...please does anybody have any idea..and what will nigeria most likely be replaces on the chase ship?
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #313
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 786

DUDE!!, Give it a break please, what next will u be asking??............
Probably, what kind of boots the Nigerian Armed forces wear??
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #314
general weird

at naija boy,i advise if you have nothing you can say...you should learn to try silence.....CLOWN...instead of giving the answer a fool will give,okay?
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #315
Naijaborn

look man, I dont know what hole it is that u crawled out from.... Whatever, It is obvious that u have nothing tangible to contribute to this forum than your incessant pesty questions, as if we look like people from the army barracks or something.........
Whatever is the case, DONT Cross my path.....NUTCASE!!!
Old June 7th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #316
general weird

no reply
Old June 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #317
Naijaborn

I thought as much... Empty barrel.!
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #318
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Shooting Exercise...NASAC 2006

Notice the 'FN FAL'...I know alot of you are happy since they aren't using the ak47.

Old June 8th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #319
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

NNS ARADU

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #320
Rdokoye
I'm The King

Daily Champion (Lagos)
Nigeria: Navy Signs Pact to Expand Facilities
8 June 2011

Quote:
The Nigerian Navy (NN) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with TP Marine Global Services - a Norwegian firm, to manage and maintain its fleets in Nigeria.

According to NN authorities, the firm is also expected to put up building facilities at the Naval Dockyard in Lagos that would make the yard a leading ship building and repairing destination in the world.

Signing the agreement yesterday at the Navy Headquarters in Abuja, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Ola Sa'ad Ibrahim revealed that the project had already commenced, adding that when completed the facilities would provide training for officers and men of the service in unprecedented ways.

The navy boss who was represented by his Chief of Policy and Plans, Rear Admiral James Oladimeji said, "The Company is to undertake operation and management of ship building, repair and maintenance of vessels in this country.

"Of course, the facilities would provide additional training for the personnel of the Nigerian navy and also make the naval dockyard a world leading ship building and repairing destination in the world".

In his remarks, Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr Harold Kraff assured that the partnership would go a long to improve the economy of the nation by creating more job opportunities.