daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Architecture

Architecture architecture news, historical buildings and structures, places of worship, iconic buildings and structures, and famous architects & architecture

Old June 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #481
James Foong

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo

Despite of it all JKR found a easy way out they put 2 additional "mini tiangs "I will try to snap a photo of it when i have chance.
D u mean the blue color steel columns?
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 15th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #482
dengilo

Likes (Received): 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Foong View Post
D u mean the blue color steel columns?
Nope. i know those are temporary.Its concrete 2 vertical slim ones a few meters away from the joint, closer to the roadside.

[/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG]

I was wrong,The 2 tiangs seem like the original design and i think they did correct the problem like what james had explain.

Last edited by dengilo; June 16th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #483
XNeo

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
+1000How many times bigger than the white house?I wonder how big of a space would actually be the kings private residence on the istana grounds?How many people(dayang dayang )would it take to maintain the palace?

cari la maklumat pasal fungsi setiap blok bangunan Istana ni .
bukan buat andaian sendiri dan main hentam jew.kalau org tuduh kita bukan2 pun kita marah jugak.

do homework sikit.aku pun nak tahu juga.kalau dah tahu baru lah aku leh decide nak protes ke tak projek ni.
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #484
dengilo

Hmm where do i start?I surely like to know more about this project too!
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #485
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 976

New palace ready soon

CYBERJAYA: The construction of the RM800mil new Istana Negara complex will be completed by the end of August without additional cost, said Works Minister Datuk Seri Shaziman Abu Mansor.

He said the structure was complete but it was two months behind schedule as there was some interior design work that needed to be done according to royal specifications.

“We are in the final stages. The only thing left is the interior design. The Rulers have asked for more time on the interior design,” he said yesterday after visiting the Global Prefab System Sdn Bhd precast factory.

Majestic: View of the new Istana Negara near Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur. – M. AZHAR ARIF / The Star

Shaziman, however, stressed that the cost of the new palace, which would span a 100,000sqm area, would remain the same despite the delay. He added that the road links leading to the palace would be completed on schedule without additional cost.

Last October, Shaziman told Parliament the Istana Negara complex would cost RM797mil.

It would comprise the palace building, mini army camp, parking area, security office and housing for the palace staff and police.

The cost for the elevated access flyover from Jalan Duta was tagged at RM106mil with another RM32.5mil allocated to upgrade Jalan Changkat Semantan, the second access road to the palace.

On the construction industry, Shaziman said the ministry expected it to grow between 3.5% and 4% from this year until 2015.

He urged Class F and Class E contractors to take part in the industrialised building system (IBS)-based industry as it was the best method in the construction industry and was no longer very costly.

“It is also the best system to use to build houses for the Government’s My First Home scheme at competitive prices,” he said.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #486
dengilo

Taken today

[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG],
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by dengilo; June 16th, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #487
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 263

nice picture deng

wonder if i complain that the dome look like Buddhism open lotus thinggy,will the gomen go and change those not so nice looking dome

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #488
LeeighIam

Likes (Received): 80

quite nice but lack 'details' in my opinion. little more cosmetic enhancements would make it stand out better than other 'similar' looking buildings in and around KL ... and Putrajaya.
LeeighIam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #489
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

to me, it looks like a very large multi-purpose hall

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #490
dengilo

Thats what went thru my mind when i look at it,May be more than one.All has different purpose like state dinner,coronation ohh never mind the list can go on and on for JKR to justify the cost!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM   #491
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 976

rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:03 PM   #492
skyscraperboy

Likes (Received): 10

lack of wow factor for me..
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #493
ben_23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

The electric cable spoil the beauty of this project...it was too disturbing me!
ben_23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM   #494
cattivo

Likes (Received): 1

Syeikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi is 1000 times better than this. they should fired the architect. the design look so plain.
cattivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #495
acela

Likes (Received): 9

Haha it's not even closer than Buckingham palace! The design is not unique unfortunately didn't know who gave the green light to build this "marvelous" palace. I don't know how the tourist guide will tell to the tourist about its uniqueness or specialty; so plain. Not something to be proud of. If you want to "waste" the money i think you should look how the Saudis whack their efforts and money at the 2 holy mosques. Now that is something not even anyone will dare challenge the capacity or beauty of these mosques not even the Abu Dhabi's grand mosque got to that standard.
acela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #496
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 93

It is large and nothing more
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #497
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 1121

even i'm not a qualified architect. i think i can design much better than that.
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #498
cattivo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acela View Post
Haha it's not even closer than Buckingham palace! The design is not unique unfortunately didn't know who gave the green light to build this "marvelous" palace. I don't know how the tourist guide will tell to the tourist about its uniqueness or specialty; so plain. Not something to be proud of. If you want to "waste" the money i think you should look how the Saudis whack their efforts and money at the 2 holy mosques. Now that is something not even anyone will dare challenge the capacity or beauty of these mosques not even the Abu Dhabi's grand mosque got to that standard.
dude, the mosques in Saudi are important for Islam. we're talking about 2-3 millions people praying at the same site.

they're not whacking the money but spending for expansion. the major cost is land at US$500k per sqft (yes bloody expansive).

the size & capacity is just too stupid for other countries to follow because Makkah & Madinah are holy land but not Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi's Syeikh Zayed mosque is even smaller than the largest mosque in Pakistan.

anyway, Syeikh Zayed Mosque is my favourite for Friday prayers. they got army controlling the whole mosque 24 hours because the late 'Our Father' Syeikh Zayed was buried right next to the main prayer hall. if u walk into it, the main prayer hall is the most exclusive & luxurious area i have ever been.
cattivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #499
James Foong

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
Nope. i know those are temporary.Its concrete 2 vertical slim ones a few meters away from the joint, closer to the roadside.

[/IMG]
thanks 4d pic. strange to see two columns so close apart. what you think is for?
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #500
sc4

Likes (Received): 61

Lol, another test question...interesting...
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote