daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #3661
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0



very nice! anything can look good as long as there is a will to do it!
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #3662
jochval
Urban Geek
 
jochval's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 2,925
Likes (Received): 278

i hope nga ang cebu brt ma extend pa gikan carcar hangtud danao then dili lang mo stop sa airport diha sa lapu2x kundi lahos pa jud hangtud punta engaño..

we really need it badly na jud, as in ASAP kay karon na jud unta ni siya kinahanglan...what if kaha noh 5 years ago pa ni siya na implement, nindot na unta ron ang Cebu road situation, mas boom pa ato economy..
__________________
Proud Bisdak! Ceboom!!
........\m/(>_<)\m/.......
jochval no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #3663
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

for me bai i would prefer to have one like these from north to south of cebu island..




Sus kalami gyud moadto sa San Remegio pirmi ani!

Last edited by archerfish; June 15th, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #3664
jochval
Urban Geek
 
jochval's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 2,925
Likes (Received): 278

di lagi maklaro imo pictures bay..hehe
__________________
Proud Bisdak! Ceboom!!
........\m/(>_<)\m/.......
jochval no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #3665
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

sulti an nako driver sa train bai nga hinay hinay lang para ma klaro ang pictures he he!
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #3666
wakeuptoreality
#stoked
 
wakeuptoreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Resort City
Posts: 1,623
Likes (Received): 842

Cordova’s ‘mini-Boracay’ expanded

Work on the “mini-Boracay” reclamation project in Cordova town has begun, with the Capitol extending its coverage from 10 hectares to 20 hectares.

Cordova Mayor Adelino Sitoy confirmed to Cebu Daily News that phase I of the reclamation project began with the Provincial Planning and Development Office amending the existing Environmental Certificate Clearance (ECC) in the area.

Sitoy met with engineer Adolfo Quiroga of the PPDO and Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia after the Provincial Development Council (PDC) meeting yesterday afternoon. The project is aimed at providing livelihood for Cordova residents.

Sitoy said they are still processing the permits for the “mini-Boracay” project which covers six barangays as well as the papers for another reclamation project in their area, which covers 132 hectares.

The mayor said they are looking at commercial investments once phase I of the reclamation project is completed.

Sitoy said the project will be funded by the Capitol, which will allocate a share of the revenues with Cordova town.

During the PDC meeting, Garcia said they will conduct an inventory of all reclamation projects in the province.

The governor said the guidelines for the creation of the Cebu Provincial Reclamation Authority (CPRA) are being worked on. Provincial Board (PB) Member Peter John Calderon told the mayors they will send these guidelines after two months.

Under the amended ordinance creating the CPRA, the province is entitled to 10 percent of the usable reclaimed land in all reclamation projects.
__________________
banned for my amusement
wakeuptoreality no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #3667
MatudNilaBaby
BANNED
 
MatudNilaBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cebu and los angeles
Posts: 1,747
Likes (Received): 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
for me bai i would prefer to have one like these from north to south of cebu island..




Sus kalami gyud moadto sa San Remegio pirmi ani!
eventually mahitabo gyud na sa cebu. siguro unahon ang transcentral highway unya idugang pud ang railway system kon gusto gyud ta nga mo lambo. pagkakaron cebu is very limited in its developments kay kuwang paman ta ug transportation infrastructures. mag nga2x lang ta kon maka kita ta sa mga high end development sa china. mora ug layo ra gyud kaayo atoa to think nga mas free ta kay sa kanila.
MatudNilaBaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #3668
zidlakan
Paul Villarete
 
zidlakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lapu-lapu City
Posts: 1,165
Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
that was 20 years ago! the traffic situation in cebu was different then than today.. and what year are we now?
first study was 20 years ago (actually 19). but there were four:

1992: Pre-Feasibility Study of the Metro Cebu Mass Transport Study
1995: Jefferies Study for an Unsolicited Proposal
1999: JICA Study for Cebu LRT
2005: Halcrow Study for Cebu LRT
2009: AMA Group updated the Halcrow Study to submit an Unsolicited Proposal

we're 2011 now, about two years after the AMA Group proposal. It was NOT
accepted by DOTC. And you want another study now? Do you think, after
two years, the feasibility indicators will already be acceptable to DOTC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
who cares about newspapers when you are in high school? bitaw sir busy ko didto tambay sa mango avenue during my younger years..uban nako uyab pirmi!

anything is possible if you have the will! and if you stick to your logic..then an oversized jeepney can be financially and economically feasible pud!
i only pointed out that at that time that i was advocating for the LRT, you
were not reading newspapers. otherwise, you would have known that i was
an advocate of the LRT. its not as if i am not familiar with the costs and
revenue streams of LRTs or its feasibility analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
you just contradicted yourself zid. which is which?
i did not, at least not from my perspective. i've always been consistent in
this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
so you mean to say that those old FS really considered connecting the airport to cebu mainland before? or were they?
oh yes! during the study, initially at the initial part. they immediately drop
off that part after initial analysis because, "surprise," it simply cost too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
because i have lived in places where buses are replaced by trains running on major transport corridors/ to and from the airports because of efficiency issues! WE SHOULD LEARN FROM THEM! not from ourselves!

in short i still prefer a mixed mass transport system for cebu just like this!
because "YOU" have lived in places ...

government does not make decisions because a certain person "lived" in such
and such a place. we don't make billion-peso infrastructure based on the
"experience" of one person. countries don't do projects because "YOU"
"prefer" it. projects such as this are done by procedures set by NEDA which
has been established to ensure that investments are fully used for economic
benefits. if you really believe in what you're saying, SHOW "YOUR" PROOF!



we've been discussing this for quite some time, years actually. from the
very start, all i just wanted from you guys is just factual and authoritative
studies that what you're saying is supported by intelligent analysis based
on transport principles and economic calculations. but its all talk and some
drawings. and now you're complaining why we're not doing studies for the
cebu LRT? why don't you do it! we've done enough, and IT IS SIMPLY NOT
FEASIBLE. want us to do? spend millions and millions of pesos to do studies
for a project which is not feasible?

why don't you do it? i think we've done enough and the BRT is on time with
all the studies supported. and, not only for cebu city but for inter-city
connectivity. as i said before, you can continue to dream and post pictures
here. it will not change the fact that its going to be the BRT which will be
implemented and not the LRT.

unless you give a Feasibility Study that says otherwise ....
__________________
zidlakan, knight of jelme
also known as Paul Villarete ... General Manager, Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority (MCIAA)
Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC)


for any issue and concern, you may contact me at paul@villarete.com . . . . . for updates on the Cebu City BRT Project, check http://cebu-brt.com/forum
zidlakan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #3669
makatiprime
BANNED
 
makatiprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,135
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post


very nice! anything can look good as long as there is a will to do it!
saan to??? the best fly over i've seen in the world
makatiprime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #3670
majaba98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,423
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post


very nice! anything can look good as long as there is a will to do it!
So do you mind to tell us what this is please ?
majaba98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:30 AM   #3671
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play
 
Sleepwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cebu
Posts: 2,154
Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by majaba98 View Post
So do you mind to tell us what this is please ?
Elevated airstrip...
__________________
Come Visit My Cebu! Come Visit My Philippines!



Maui Taylor, Angel Locsin, Ellen Adarna, Nicole Scherzinger, Kate Beckinsale and 100 other supermodels likes this poster
Sleepwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3672
makatiprime
BANNED
 
makatiprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,135
Likes (Received): 0

i think in chennai or pune?
makatiprime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #3673
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidlakan View Post
first study was 20 years ago (actually 19). but there were four:

1992: Pre-Feasibility Study of the Metro Cebu Mass Transport Study
1995: Jefferies Study for an Unsolicited Proposal
1999: JICA Study for Cebu LRT
2005: Halcrow Study for Cebu LRT
2009: AMA Group updated the Halcrow Study to submit an Unsolicited Proposal

we're 2011 now, about two years after the AMA Group proposal. It was NOT
accepted by DOTC. And you want another study now? Do you think, after
two years, the feasibility indicators will already be acceptable to DOTC?



i only pointed out that at that time that i was advocating for the LRT, you
were not reading newspapers. otherwise, you would have known that i was
an advocate of the LRT. its not as if i am not familiar with the costs and
revenue streams of LRTs or its feasibility analysis.



i did not, at least not from my perspective. i've always been consistent in
this issue.



oh yes! during the study, initially at the initial part. they immediately drop
off that part after initial analysis because, "surprise," it simply cost too much!


why don't you do it? i think we've done enough and the BRT is on time with
all the studies supported. and, not only for cebu city but for inter-city
connectivity. as i said before, you can continue to dream and post pictures
here. it will not change the fact that its going to be the BRT which will be
implemented and not the LRT.

unless you give a Feasibility Study that says otherwise ....
thanks for your comprehensive reply sir zid.. as I have said BRT is good within certain routes in Cebu and I support that plan too. however, your planned INTERCITY BRT might not be as efficient as you have promised to cebuanos. Why? because you still have no concrete answer how these buses will go around several intersections without sacrificing travel time! (and i hate to say this again and again )


Quote:
government does not make decisions because a certain person "lived" in such
and such a place. we don't make billion-peso infrastructure based on the
"experience" of one person. countries don't do projects because "YOU"
"prefer" it. projects such as this are done by procedures set by NEDA which
has been established to ensure that investments are fully used for economic
benefits. if you really believe in what you're saying, SHOW "YOUR" PROOF!
i did not say that the government will base their decision based on my opinion! lol! i am just merely stating the fact that i have personal experience riding these systems! and because you were asking me for proof.

as a tax paying resident, maybe i have the right to voice my opinion about what should be BEST for my community and how our taxes should be well spent. not the PWEDE NA solutions.


Quote:
we've been discussing this for quite some time, years actually. from the
very start, all i just wanted from you guys is just factual and authoritative
studies that what you're saying is supported by intelligent analysis based
on transport principles and economic calculations. but its all talk and some
drawings. and now you're complaining why we're not doing studies for the
cebu LRT? why don't you do it! we've done enough, and IT IS SIMPLY NOT
FEASIBLE. want us to do? spend millions and millions of pesos to do studies
for a project which is not feasible?
yes! you are right its been years..but your BRT is still on FS stage! and when are we going to have an intercity BRT? maybe 2020 pa? i hope it will last after your retirement zid!

i can't give you economic calculations but i can state some transport principles.. see this drawing as an example of that principle that im trying to help you understand. and yes another drawing because it speaks a thousand words! and if you have questions about it pls. let me know..

image hosted on flickr
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #3674
bulabog jalaur
Registered User
 
bulabog jalaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 198
Likes (Received): 154





This is the viaduct of DUBAI METRO GREEN LINE..
__________________
If you believe everything you read, better not read.- Japanese Proverb
bulabog jalaur está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #3675
Moon's Eye
Registered User
 
Moon's Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Balamban
Posts: 54
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
thanks for your comprehensive reply sir zid.. as I have said BRT is good within certain routes in Cebu and I support that plan too. however, your planned INTERCITY BRT might not be as efficient as you have promised to cebuanos. Why? because you still have no concrete answer how these buses will go around several intersections without sacrificing travel time! (and i hate to say this again and again )




i did not say that the government will base their decision based on my opinion! lol! i am just merely stating the fact that i have personal experience riding these systems! and because you were asking me for proof.

as a tax paying resident, maybe i have the right to voice my opinion about what should be BEST for my community and how our taxes should be well spent. not the PWEDE NA solutions.




yes! you are right its been years..but your BRT is still on FS stage! and when are we going to have an intercity BRT? maybe 2020 pa? i hope it will last after your retirement zid!

i can't give you economic calculations but i can state some transport principles.. see this drawing as an example of that principle that im trying to help you understand. and yes another drawing because it speaks a thousand words! and if you have questions about it pls. let me know..

Hi Archerfish,
You know what, if it's been years that you were discussing the same topic with Sir Zid about what’s an efficient Mass transport System for Cebu (at least for now or the next 3-5 years), I think it's also been years that you keep on asking the same sentiments here which I believe were already answered by Sir Zid with all the information technicalities/realities/practicalities of the world or whatever it is to support it…

Please do comprehend properly the quoted paragraph below. If you still can’t fathom and still insist that there is some wrong or something fishy behind. I would say: there’s a problem here and it is you, something personal grudge I think.

Quote:
we've been discussing this for quite some time, years actually. from the very start, all i just wanted from you guys is just factual and authoritative
studies that what you're saying is supported by intelligent analysis based
on transport principles and economic calculations. but its all talk and some
drawings. and now you're complaining why we're not doing studies for the
cebu LRT? why don't you do it! we've done enough, and IT IS SIMPLY NOT
FEASIBLE. want us to do? spend millions and millions of pesos to do studies
for a project which is not feasible?
Moon's Eye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3676
Parchie
Registered User
 
Parchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,039
Likes (Received): 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon's Eye View Post
Hi Archerfish,
You know what, if it's been years that you were discussing the same topic with Sir Zid about what’s an efficient Mass transport System for Cebu (at least for now or the next 3-5 years), I think it's also been years that you keep on asking the same sentiments here which I believe were already answered by Sir Zid with all the information technicalities/realities/practicalities of the world or whatever it is to support it…

Please do comprehend properly the quoted paragraph below. If you still can’t fathom and still insist that there is some wrong or something fishy behind. I would say: there’s a problem here and it is you, something personal grudge I think.
I agree with your observations here. Let's continue to question ideas and offer proofs to our claims. If we can't, we should find it a better option to choose silence and stop beating around the bush, they say. Best of all, let's be civil with one another, agree to disagree but to never be disagreeable.
__________________
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #3677
cebuboi
ThE RefLeX..ThE DrEaMeR..
 
cebuboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the unknown
Posts: 794
Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatiprime View Post
saan to??? the best fly over i've seen in the world
nope this is not flyover this is the dubai metro train tracks (the so called driverless metro train line) that i find it so aesthetically pleasing all throughout knowing that that the tracks are 98 percent overhead....but so costly that even the government here incurred heavy debts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by majaba98 View Post
So do you mind to tell us what this is please ?
this is the dubai metro redline viaducts or the overhead train tracks...that i find so pleasing everytime i passes on my way to work...


Quote:
Originally Posted by bulabog jalaur View Post




This is the viaduct of DUBAI METRO GREEN LINE..
not the green line bai but the red line...green line will be online the coming months
__________________
"A Bird In A Hand Is Better Than A Hundred Still Flying"
Our Journey...
Our Choice...
Our Freedom...
cebuboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #3678
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon's Eye View Post
Hi Archerfish,
You know what, if it's been years that you were discussing the same topic with Sir Zid about what’s an efficient Mass transport System for Cebu (at least for now or the next 3-5 years), I think it's also been years that you keep on asking the same sentiments here which I believe were already answered by Sir Zid with all the information technicalities/realities/practicalities of the world or whatever it is to support it…

Please do comprehend properly the quoted paragraph below. If you still can’t fathom and still insist that there is some wrong or something fishy behind. I would say: there’s a problem here and it is you, something personal grudge I think.
@ moon eye
ha ha maybe it is you who should try to remember your english comprehension. because basing on your comment, you seem to have missed the points i have been bringing out here!

you said he has answered my sentiments already? are you sure?
so what was his answer regarding the same issue i have been bringing here again and again about the intersections that these BRT will be passing through especially if he insisted on using BRT for intercity travel without sacrificing travel time? can you answer that very specific question?

well, you said we've been talking about this for years. you should have read all the materials i have posted here before. unfortunately that thread was deleted because some people opted to post stupid comments on it. but you can help yourself by using the internet and try to educate your mind some more..

dont get me wrong zidlakan is my idol too in many ways! i have never met zid in my life nor have crossed paths with him before. so why are you suggesting that i have personal grudge with zidlakan?


@parchie. yes, you are right thaT if there is no studies that will back up your claim you better shut up... you mean to say that zidlakan should shut up too because right now he cant show us any studies to support the viability of intercity BRT for metro cebu? pls. correct me if im wrong...
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #3679
Parchie
Registered User
 
Parchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,039
Likes (Received): 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
@parchie. yes, you are right thaT if there is no studies that will back up your claim you better shut up... you mean to say that zidlakan should shut up too because right now he cant show us any studies to support the viability of intercity BRT for metro cebu? pls. correct me if im wrong...
I purposely chose to use softer phrases knowing some people are sensitive to some words but since you made it a point to be spiteful then we will use the phrase "shut up" from now on!

Back to the OT (original topic), the issue of BRT for the Metro Cebu is on an advanced stage, I guess. We must note that for any project proposal, studies are required before the NEDA even considers any proposal. It will be safe for me to say that the proponents completed studies regarding the project's feasibility, else NEDA could not have entertained this proposal. Honestly, I haven't seen the details myself, but that doesn't prove your point that "there was no feasibility study". You have the right to ask for public documents being a citizen yourself, like me. But i don't believe, NEDA exists just to make me happy when I ask for some documents from them. Or you, in this case. Anybody can come to any government office, ask for documents, pay the necessary fees (provided those documents are un-classified) and you can convince them of no ill will in the reason why you need a copy.

I believe that their are other factors that could make or break a proposal. The strongest of which is the perseverance of the proponents to go thru the process and push for the completion of their pet project. We must credit people for what they did and what they are; persistent in doing what they think is good for the majority of the Cebuano people. Cheers!
__________________
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #3680
archerfish
Registered User
 
archerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

my apologies for using strong words there parch..maybe i should not have used shut up too!

yes i agree we must credit people for doing good things for our city.. but if these public officials sometimes got stuck with tunnel visions, maybe we can remind them also about the beauty of the other side of these tunnels.

i like your explanation as always..




Last edited by archerfish; June 18th, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
cebu

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu