daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #5261
sherwinm26
"byahero"

Likes (Received): 0

image hosted on flickr

Visita Iglesia: Dauis Church in Bohol
Albay Rising * Byahero
sherwinm26 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #5262
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Sipatan River in Sevilla, Bohol.
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #5263
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Sipatan Hanging Bridge in Sevilla, Bohol.
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #5264
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Bohol Souvenirs and Handicrafts
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #5265
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Whites & Greens Beach Resort in Bohol
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #5266
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

at Whites & Greens Beach Resort in Bohol
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #5267
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #5268
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #5269
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Whites & Greens Beach Resort in Bohol
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #5270
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Sipatan Hanging Bridge in Sevilla, Bohol.
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #5271
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Bohol Souvenirs and Handicrafts

image hosted on flickr
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #5272
sherwinm26
"byahero"

image hosted on flickr

Visita Iglesia: Dauis Church in Bohol
Albay Rising * Byahero
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #5273
archerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaya View Post
kay libre man magdamgo, subway is the solution!, walay eyesore kay obviously underground man tanan hasta stations. unya to solve intersections, build multilevel underground tracks. para convenient sa mga cebuano, build also underground malls sa major stations. unya buhat sad ta ug maglev para sa byahe to santander or bogo or daan bantayan. pun-an pa gyud nato ug dedicated freight rail para sa mga utanon, bisag 100 freight cars lang for each locomotive, OK na.

mura man pud ug japan ug shanghai! para sa mga nagdamgo, money is not the issue.

.... but i need to wake up now.
yes you need to wake up bai kay grabe ang traffic sa gawas..ma late ka sa trabaho nimo dong!
archerfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #5274
vishaya
P.Eng., Structural

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
yes you need to wake up bai kay grabe ang traffic sa gawas..ma late ka sa trabaho nimo dong!
pagla-literal man nimo noy oi!

there's no traffic issues from where I am, moreover, I work 'flex time', I can go to work anytime i want.

sorry for the OT folks...

Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott
vishaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #5275
archerfish

mao lagi sir..dili ko kasing bright nimo LOL! ah! ahente diay ka og insurance siguro sir! or basin model kaha.. did you ride the train sir? or did you ride the bus?
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #5276
Parchie

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfish View Post
mao lagi sir..dili ko kasing bright nimo LOL! ah! ahente diay ka og insurance siguro sir! or basin model kaha.. did you ride the train sir? or did you ride the bus?
Ako la'y tubag bai! Did you walk ra bai! hehehehe
"For want of a nail, the horse's shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. And for want of a battle, the kingdom was lost." - George Herbert wrote in 1640. A small error leads to bigger ones and causes ships to sink!
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #5277
vishaya
P.Eng., Structural

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
nanghuwan ra ko ug lana sa naga bai. (no offense sa mga taga-naga ha!)

bitaw, back to topic na. nilihis man - mura man ug padung personal issues na kung tubayan (which is irrelevant and very immature to engage with).

i will try to answer the last question though: I did rode LRT in Manila back then (there was only one line that time, Baclaran - Monumento). It's nice when you're in the train (above ground - but it ruined the whole Taft avenue on street level - especially the street level of Carriedo station and nearby stations). I also rode subways and train lines in Japan extensively (daily commute) and I really like it - especially the Shinkansen (bullet train). I like the tram and trains in Germany too. I rode trains and buses (both greyhound and city transit) in north america. I also tried all kinds of buses - from high end middle east buses (volvo's and mercedes benz), buses in philippines, south america, even buses in rural vietnam (riding with chickens, frogs and everything else).

to drive the point - yes, i know (and rode) different types of transport sytems. if it is only based on personal preference, it would be nice for Cebu to have a 'properly planned' advance train transporation systems similar to developed countries. As discussed oved and over again here in SSC, the costs associated with such sytems is 'prohibitive' (as pointed by someone before - was it you Parchie?) so why are we still insisting on it? it is becoming irritating to go back again and again in circles with the same arguments. lolo pa nako pasultihon, 'mura na ta ug tyubibo ani'.

i do believe in due time we will have such systems (the optimist in me) if our economy remains on track as it is now, fifteen, twenty years maybe?

Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott

Last edited by vishaya; July 15th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
vishaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #5278
Parchie

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaya View Post
nanghuwan ra ko ug lana sa naga bai. (no offense sa mga taga-naga ha!)

bitaw, back to topic na. nilihis man - mura man ug padung personal issues na kung tubayan (which is irrelevant and very immature to engage with).

i will try to answer the last question though: I did rode LRT in Manila back then (there was only one line that time, Baclaran - Monumento). It's nice when you're in the train (above ground - but it ruined the whole Taft avenue on street level - especially the street level of Carriedo station and nearby stations). I also rode subways and train lines in Japan extensively (daily commute) and I really like it - especially the Shinkansen (bullet train). I like the tram and trains in Germany too. I rode trains and buses (both greyhound and city transit) in north america. I also tried all kinds of buses - from high end middle east buses (volvo's and mercedes benz), buses in philippines, south america, even buses in rural vietnam (riding with chickens, frogs and everything else).

to drive the point - yes, i know (and rode) different types of transport sytems. if it is only based on personal preference, it would be nice for Cebu to have a 'properly planned' advance train transporation systems similar to developed countries. As discussed oved and over again here in SSC, the costs associated with such sytems is 'prohibitive' (as pointed by someone before - was it you Parchie?) so why are we still insisting on it? it is becoming irritating to go back again and again in circles with the same arguments. lolo pa nako pasultihon, 'mura na ta ug tyubibo ani'.

i do believe in due time we will have such systems (the optimist in me) if our economy remains on track as it is now, fifteen, twenty years maybe?
I think it was the BRT main proponent, Engr. Villarete who spelled-out the cost-benefits aspects of having train systems here and on the BRT thread, sir. If my memory serves me right, I was asking for your definitions of some terms in relation to projects go, no-go criteria specifically your statement on having policy decision-makers with "feet planted on the ground". The point I was driving at is that whatever projects aimed at public service should be pursued even if the EIIR/ FIIR are not that rosy. How then are they to provide public service if all they see is money in return? If public money is for the public service, that is.

The fact is, most public agency managers are losing the "public" portion of public service. Government officers think like business managers and lean on the business/money aspect of each project proposals; they avoid measurements on the intangible and sometimes unseen "public service" values. I surfed the internet and found this fitting "cut' n paste":
"private sector managers are more apt to support budget decisions made with analysis and less likely to support them when bargaining is applied. Public sector managers are less likely to support budget decisions backed by analysis and more likely to support those that are derived from bargaining with agency people." - Paul C. Nutt, (2006 - PMRA)
Above-posted differences are somehow merged into one, with the entry of business-oriented managers into our public offices; e.g. most of them count the beans and discard "public service" as part of their decision-making considerations. I was looking for some answers as to the why's on this abrupt changes!
"For want of a nail, the horse's shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. And for want of a battle, the kingdom was lost." - George Herbert wrote in 1640. A small error leads to bigger ones and causes ships to sink!
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #5279
archerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #5280
archerfish

[QUOTE=Parchie;81478128]I think it was the BRT main proponent, Engr. Villarete who spelled-out the cost-benefits aspects of having train systems here and on the BRT thread, sir. If my memory serves me right, I was asking for your definitions of some terms in relation to projects go, no-go criteria specifically your statement on having policy decision-makers with "feet planted on the ground". The point I was driving at is that whatever projects aimed at public service should be pursued even if the EIIR/ FIIR are not that rosy. How then are they to provide public service if all they see is money in return? If public money is for the public service, that is.

The fact is, most public agency managers are losing the "public" portion of public service. Government officers think like business managers and lean on the business/money aspect of each project proposals; they avoid measurements on the intangible and sometimes unseen "public service" values. I surfed the internet and found this fitting "cut' n paste":
"private sector managers are more apt to support budget decisions made with analysis and less likely to support them when bargaining is applied. Public sector managers are less likely to support budget decisions backed by analysis and more likely to support those that are derived from bargaining with agency people." - Paul C. Nutt, (2006 - PMRA)
Above-posted differences are somehow merged into one, with the entry of business-oriented managers into our public offices; e.g. most of them count the beans and discard "public service" as part of their decision-making considerations. I was looking for some answers as to the why's on this abrupt changes![/QUOTE]

maybe because a lot of them finished MBA courses here and there? there are some government executives taking up courses too at Asian Institute of Management(AIM). and you know what is being taught there right? it is how to make lots of money efficiently..and effortlessly!

Tags
bohol, cebu, siquijor, tourism