daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Midwest and Plains

Midwest and Plains » Development News | Includes all plains states, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MO

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:09 PM   #21
Avian001
Mostly Sane

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by The anti-cheesehead View Post
You're tougher than I am to be able to sit still in that heat in the stadium.

In the summer, I'm usually outside on my bike riding the greenway and grand rounds when I'm not working. I'll ride when it's 90 no problem, but this last week with the heat and humidity was just too much. I went out on Sunday and those paths were deserted when they're normally packed.

My condo turns into a cave because I have to keep all of the curtains and blinds closed so the air conditioner can keep up. I don't like being in a cave. You shouldn't have cabin fever in the summer.

There's just too many days here where it's a major pain in the ass to be outside. The summer is supposed to be our relief.
Well, I don't think the weather begins and ends at Minnesota's border. There's a huge heatwave throughout the US.

Sponsored Links

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM   #22
Andyxox
Just another user

Likes (Received): 223

Great Photos! I visited Minneapolis from July 1st to the 10th, and absolutely loved it, it felt like a large cultural city with the friendliness of a small town.

There was tons to do, unfortunately I didn't get to see all that I wanted to (government shutdown), but the places I did visit were truly special. I loved the downtown area, a very dense, pedestrian-friendly area, and the whole Skyway system adds a whole other dimension to downtown. It was also refreshing to see a Baseball game with FANS!

The people we're some of the nicest I've ever met. Every time I rode the light rail or the commuter train north, I would have at least one person drum up a conversation with me! It was very fun and interesting to get a local's perspective of the city.

I can only imagine what the winters would be like (I've never seen snow in person!), but the summer was beautiful, and I'm curious and would be interested to see if I could survive an entire year in the cities!
Andyxox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:44 AM   #23
The anti-cheesehead

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian001 View Post
Well, I don't think the weather begins and ends at Minnesota's border. There's a huge heatwave throughout the US.
No, it doesn't, but there isn't another major city in the country that experiences as extreme hot AND cold weather as the Twin Cities. We're the coldest major city and yet we still get a taste of what Houston or New Orleans is like during the summer. Worst of both worlds.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:40 AM   #24
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The anti-cheesehead View Post
I know I've already mentioned it, but an under water condo is what's stopping me. Otherwise, I'd be gone. And I know I'd have to deal with those issues you keep bringing up. If you can somehow manage in Michigan, I know I could manage in California.
One out of control grease fire can rid you of your condo problem