daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #81
chris_nigel
change is when you decide

Likes (Received): 4

well primarily hindi po iyan ginawa para mag host lang ng public event sila ang mag adjust hindi naman sila pipilitin kung ayaw nila dun mag perform..kasi hamon yan sa gobyerno na magtayo ng isang staduim na para talaga sa publiko

Sponsored Links

Old August 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #82
rjmolera20

Likes (Received): 0

i really like the project.. but, i really dont like the interior design.. mas maganda sana kung 360 degrees ung seats.. pero lets be thankful.. merong project na mga ganito..
rjmolera20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #83
btarroja

jobs for filipinos...

this means jobs for at least 5000 Filipinos for at least 2.5 years... Kudos to our INC kababayans...
btarroja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #84
Knitemplar

Likes (Received): 203

Georgia Dome has seated 75,000+ at a concert; and the new Cowboys Stadium seats 80,000 on an average football game. How can this Philippine Arena be the largest with ONLY 55,000 max? Self-delusion and kasinungalingan again by Filipinos -- of a religious stripe pa.
Knitemplar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #85
icarusrising

Likes (Received): 1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitemplar View Post
Georgia Dome has seated 75,000+ at a concert; and the new Cowboys Stadium seats 80,000 on an average football game. How can this Philippine Arena be the largest with ONLY 55,000 max? Self-delusion and kasinungalingan again by Filipinos -- of a religious stripe pa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitemplar View Post
/\ Actually, hyperbole again ng mga Pilipino. That is NOT (going to be) the largest domed stadium in terms of capacity. The footprint might be large--but stadia are measured in size by their capacities; not their footprints.

Stats on the Georgia Dome in Atlanta: It seats 71,228 for football, and can hold approximately: 75,000 for concerts, 53,000 for basketball when the dome is fully open and 40,000 for basketball and gymnastics each side when the dome is sectioned off (one half closed off by a large curtain; as it was so used during the 1996 Olympics). The record for overall attendance at the Georgia Dome is 75,892 for the 2008 SEC Championship Game in football.

The newly opened Cowboys Stadium outside Dallas (where Pacquiao already boxed earlier this year) seats 80,000 in its football configuration. OK, it's a retractable roof -- still when closed, it is a "domed" stadium.

And if this is a claim sponsored by a "church," what more if it were the Phil gov't doing it? I mean, when will the dishonesty and self-delusion stop?

Please stop spreading lies by getting your facts straight. It doesn't anywhere claim to be a "stadium". It's an "arena". There's a difference.

Quote:
An arena is an enclosed area, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theater, musical performances, or sporting events. It is composed of a large open space surrounded on most or all sides by tiered seating for spectators. The key feature of an arena is that the event space is the lowest point, allowing for maximum visibility. Usually, an arena is designed to accommodate a fairly large number of spectators.

The term arena is sometimes used as a synonym for a very large venue such as Pasadena's Rose Bowl, but such a facility is typically called a stadium. The use of one term over the other has mostly to do with the type of event. Football is typically played in a stadium while basketball and hockey are typically played in an arena, although many of the larger arenas hold more spectators than do the stadiums of smaller colleges or high schools. And there are exceptions. The home of the Duke University basketball team would qualify as an arena, but the facility is called Cameron Indoor Stadium

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena
Three international giants in the engineering and construction industry know what they are talking about...

1. The architectural designer's Populous of Australia (O2 World Arena-Germany, O2 Arena- UK, ANZ Stadium-Sydney, Anaheim Convention Center- USA, Wembley Stadium- UK, Taipei Dome- Taiwan, etc.)

2. The contractor's Hanwha of Korea (Kintex 2nd Exhibition Center- Korea, SK; Ansan Sports Complex- Korea, SK; Bucheon Sports Complex- Korea, etc.)

3. The structural engineering consultant's Buro Happold of UK (Hong Kong -Zhuhai-Macao Bridge, Guangzhou-Shenzen Express Rail Link, Aviva Stadium-UK, Arsenal Emirates-UK, etc.)

Heto nood ka ng kumpletong video...

Old August 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #86
Kriscojuanco
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmolera20 View Post
i really like the project.. but, i really dont like the interior design.. mas maganda sana kung 360 degrees ung seats.. pero lets be thankful.. merong project na mga ganito..

TAMA

Hindi sya pwedeng i compare sa Beijing Olympic Stadium masyadong simple parang tinipid ang baduy ng design. Sana imbes Populous, Arquitectonica o kaya Broadway Malyan nalang ang pinag design.
Kriscojuanco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #87
innerchie

Likes (Received): 269

Check this video that POPULOUS did about Leeds Arena.. The same concept must have been used for the Philippine Arena..

innerchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #88
icarusrising

Wink

Thanks for the link. So the layout is designed in the Greek amphitheater style. The big difference is in the capacity- 12, 000 of Leed vs. 50,000 of the Philippine Arena so I hope there'd be huge overhanging monitors to magnify the images for the benefit of the audience at farthest corners of the facility.

@ Kriscojuangco please post in English. This is after all, the International Forums. Also, it would be a good thing to use smaller fonts to express forum etiquette
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #89
chris_nigel
change is when you decide

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriscojuanco View Post
TAMA

Hindi sya pwedeng i compare sa Beijing Olympic Stadium masyadong simple parang tinipid ang baduy ng design. Sana imbes Populous, Arquitectonica o kaya Broadway Malyan nalang ang pinag design.
Well you build your own stadium or arena to ease your great envy to INC...
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #90
phoete
User Friendly

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriscojuanco View Post
TAMA

It could have been bigger as originally planned, but the time limited its size. Well, it is not being compared to Beijing Olympic Stadium because it is an arena. Well, may be can wait for other religious groups to build their own arena or stadium for that matter, because many people here asks for a stadium.
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #91
Knitemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusrising View Post
Please stop spreading lies by getting your facts straight. It doesn't anywhere claim to be a "stadium". It's an "arena". There's a difference.
Oh please. Stop splitting hairs. An arena is an enclosed stadium. And a retractable roof is just a modern innovation and optional feature. But they are essentially large, arena-like structures that house thousands of people in the round for some sort of mass event!!!

Uhmmm, the Cow Palace in San Francisco is NOT a "palace" per se. It is an arena.

To go by your wonky thinking, then the Araneta Coliseum (or the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, NY) should NOT be called Coliseums because the original Coloseum in Rome is without a roof?

Madison Square Garden in New York City is NOT "Square" NOR a "Garden" in the traditional sense, either.

Semantics. An arena is a stadium is a coliseum by any other name. Do the Jehovah's Witnesses stop and say...oh, we will not rent that hall because it is a coliseum...not an "arena"? DUH!!
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #92
icarusrising

Yes, there's still a difference based on the activities held in them. The Araneta Coliseum is an indoor arena. That's why the Azkals cannot play there.

Quote:
An arena is an enclosed area, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theater, musical performances, or sporting events. It is composed of a large open space surrounded on most or all sides by tiered seating for spectators. The key feature of an arena is that the event space is the lowest point, allowing for maximum visibility. Usually, an arena is designed to accommodate a fairly large number of spectators.

The term arena is sometimes used as a synonym for a very large venue such as Pasadena's Rose Bowl, but such a facility is typically called a stadium. The use of one term over the other has mostly to do with the type of event. Football is typically played in a stadium while basketball and hockey are typically played in an arena, although many of the larger arenas hold more spectators than do the stadiums of smaller colleges or high schools. And there are exceptions. The home of the Duke University basketball team would qualify as an arena, but the facility is called Cameron Indoor Stadium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena

Here's a list of indoor arenas by capacity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indoor_arenas

Here's a list of stadiums by capacity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ms_by_capacity

Convince the three international structural and construction collaborators they're wrong and you are right.

Anyway, you know it still gets built though that makes you very unhappy. I'm sorry but such is life.

Last edited by icarusrising; August 25th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
icarusrising no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #93
dc88

Likes (Received): 44

it has a weird configuration..focused on one point..well,ofcourse mr.eduardo v manalo wants to be the center of it all when he gives speeches.

Wish we had this kind of stadium, even better.
escalators..people movers. maybe even a monorail inside? 500k seating capacity..

haha this is only a vision..

pthegreat liked this post

Last edited by dc88; August 25th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
dc88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #94
Knitemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusrising View Post

Yes, there's still a difference based on the activities held in them. The Araneta Coliseum is an indoor arena. That's why the Azkals cannot play there.

Convince the three international structural and construction collaborators they're wrong and you are right.

Anyway, you know it still gets built though that makes you very unhappy. I'm sorry but such is life.
Of course, I know that, idiot. Did I say that the Azkals should play at the Araneta Coliseum? DId I say that the 49ers should play at Cow Palace?

I know those wikipedia lists. U're not the only one who knows how to type wikipedia, yaknow.

The point is, the Georgia Dome is still a DOMED, NON-RETRACTABLE-ROOF ARENA, exactly like what the new PA is hoping to be, but it is an 80,000+ capacity arena in a big sports event, probably in a Manny Pacquiao event, if you want to push the envelope.

I don't care what those 3 companies say. I have more important things to do with my time than spend it on listening to their BS which I know they just slanted to please their client, the Philippine INC.

It's you who are stuck on semantic labels and deviating from the issue. You can't see beyond the hair on your nose. A nose is a nariz, an ilong, a proboscis...however you want to call it...but it's still a nose. DUH!
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #95
Aka

Likes (Received): 128

The question is not if it is domed or not, not even the size of its stands.

If its playing field is large enough to host games like football, rugby, american football, baseball, etc. then it's a stadium. I still don't know if that's the case, but it doesn't seem so.

Telenor Arena, StabŠk's stadium, has a capacity of 15.500 only, fully covered. Yet, it's able to host football, then it's a stadium too!

pthegreat liked this post
Aka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #96
Aka

What I could question is: is this even a sports arena?
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #97
Knitemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
The question is not if it is domed or not, not even the size of its stands.

If its playing field is large enough to host games like football, rugby, american football, baseball, etc. then it's a stadium. I still don't know if that's the case, but it doesn't seem so.

Telenor Arena, StabŠk's stadium, has a capacity of 15.500 only, fully covered. Yet, it's able to host football, then it's a stadium too!

Exactly!! It doesn't matter whether it's called a stadium, an arena, a coliseum. So what happens when the Pope holds a mass in a stadium (as has happened before)? It all of sudden becomes a church?

Naming is stupid and arbitrary. But the point is...is that the projected Philippine Arena has no right calling itself the "World's largest domed arena" when in fact, just one of the others, the Georgia Dome (NOTICE "Dome" -- not arena or stadium or coliseum) can hold up to 80,000 for a major boxing match! So it is a big FAT LIE perpetrated by a so-called "church" nonetheless!!
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #98
Aka

It might be the largest non-sports dome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome). That's why I'm questioning if this is really a sports arena and should be here.

A bullfighting arena is also an arena and yet bullfighting is not a sport.
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #99
roland21

Likes (Received): 45

to: Knitemplar

Arena and Stadium are too different things. kindly read this, it's from wikipedia - "Even though enclosed, dome stadiums are called stadiums because they are large enough for, and designed for, what are generally considered to be outdoor sports. Those designed for what are usually indoor sports are generally called arenas" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium)

it's very clear that arena and stadium are too different things. outdoor sports, such as soccer, rugby and football, are played in stadium, but of course you can play indoor sports, such as boxing, tennis etc in stadiums since it's big enough to accommodate the sports. but arena can only cater indoor sports such as basketball etc. that is the difference.

and i don't understand why you have agreed with AKA when he said "The question is not if it is domed or not, not even the size of its stands.

Telenor Arena, StabŠk's stadium, has a capacity of 15.500 only, fully covered. Yet, it's able to host football, then it's a stadium too!"
. it is clearly against what your crying for. he said that it's doesn't matter if it is domed or not, as long as it is large enough to host games like football, rugby or baseball, it's a stadium. an since, arena can't cater those kind of sports, they are not stadium, they are arena.
roland21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #100
red_eagle_1982
frustrated architect

Likes (Received): 52

Guys, KrisCojuanco and his former name RafaelCojuanco is a TROLL. Don't mind him.

Again, this project is amazing because it's being built here in the Philippines. Whether it serves other people's interests (i.e., a stadium for the Azkals, a SEA or Asiad Games Stadium) is IRRELEVANT because this is an INC project. They are building it because it will serve their group's needs.

Kudos to our sisters and brothers in the INC.
red_eagle_1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
arena, metro manila, philippines