daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Midwest and Plains

Midwest and Plains » Development News | Includes all plains states, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MO

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #21
EastSider
Fresh Coast

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo2219
Oh I forgot the final shots.
Is this the best residential density in the midwest outside of Chicago or what?!
Great density shots, but you seriously don't believe that's highest residential density outside of Chicago. Right?
EastSider no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #22
ShowMeKC

Likes (Received): 0

no he doesn't, he's just trying to promote the city. I can't blame him because I used to prop KC up farther than what it actually is.

Our residential density is nothing compared to the cities in Ohio, St. Louis or Minneapolis... (never seen detroit in pics or anything)
ShowMeKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #23
james2390
Tribune Tower

Likes (Received): 12

Nice pics. Some of them suprised me.
james2390 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #24
Angelo2219

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeKC
no he doesn't, he's just trying to promote the city. I can't blame him because I used to prop KC up farther than what it actually is.

Our residential density is nothing compared to the cities in Ohio, St. Louis or Minneapolis... (never seen detroit in pics or anything)
Only 2 posts yet you used to promote KC? An STL pretender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSider
Great density shots, but you seriously don't believe that's highest residential density outside of Chicago. Right?
My comment referred specifically to this single block which has over 150 floors in 9 residential towers.

[IMG]http://photos.***************/kcgridlock/aerialskcurban/IMG_6089_mod.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Angelo2219; May 16th, 2006 at 06:50 PM.
Angelo2219 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #25
ShowMeKC

Over 150 floors? lol

The Regis- 12 floors
The Locarno- 10 floors
Hemingway Plaza East Condos- 10 floors
Kirkwood Circle- 13 floors
Wornall- 13 floors
Plaza Pointe- 15 floors
Alameda Tower- 21 floors
Regency- 21 floors
Sulgrave- 21 floors
That is just 136 floors in 9 buildings OVER 1 block... Not over 150...

Unless you include the smaller building between the Regis and Locarno and the building next to Wornall..., then you have over 150... But regardless, you referred to one block... To say just that block, you take out Alameda, Plaza Pointe, and Kirkwood... Leaving you with about 100-110 floors in one block in 8 buildings...

To get technical, the Regis, Locarno, Wornall and the other small building are on the same block, but a different block than the Sulgrave, Regency and the other.

If your talking highrise residential, some cities still beat us out in the midwest, like Minneapolis.
Talking density period, we are nowhere near number 1

Last edited by ShowMeKC; May 16th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #26
Angelo2219

Devin (also known as KCDevin, ICXCookieIXOYC and other screenames)

I know you're only 18 but maybe you could read what was said. I said THIS block. What part of "THIS block" don't you understand? You've never been to Chicago or Minneapolis so how would you know what's there?

Count the actual number of levels yourself instead and cutting and pasting number of floors from some obscure website. These are residential towers and use shorter floor plans than offices. Count the number of levels by window.

Why some feel the need to argue every single (and stupid) point is beyond me.
If someone has an issue with it, simply post a photo from another midwest city that shows this residential density in only one block.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:02 PM   #27
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

Quote:
If someone has an issue with it, simply post a photo from another midwest city that shows this residential density in only one block.
And set this powder keg off? No thanks.
Urban Elitist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #28
ShowMeKC

lol I have been to Chicago, that's another instance of you speaking before you think.

BTW Michael, I'm the one who came up with that information from reliable resources, you know me, I'm the skyscraper freak of the KC site. I added 90% of stuff on KC to SSP, I have reviewed news articles, fire insurance maps, talked to people with buildings, visited reliable/official websites, I know my stuff

Quit being such a troll Michael, if you've already been banned from SSC, why do you keep coming back??? I've stayed away from the SSP forums since 2002/2003 b/c I was banned from there.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #29
Angelo2219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Elitist
And set this powder keg off? No thanks.
That's a good excuse.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #30
Angelo2219

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeKC
lol I have been to Chicago, that's another instance of you speaking before you think.

BTW Michael, I'm the one who came up with that information from reliable resources, you know me, I'm the skyscraper freak of the KC site. I added 90% of stuff on KC to SSP, I have reviewed news articles, fire insurance maps, talked to people with buildings, visited reliable/official websites, I know my stuff

Quit being such a troll Michael, if you've already been banned from SSC, why do you keep coming back??? I've stayed away from the SSP forums since 2002/2003 b/c I was banned from there.
Devin, you have zero credibility with anyone. You are the laughingstock of all skyscraper forums. You may have passed through Chicago once and you've never been to Minneapolis. So? All you know is cutting and pasting from skyscraper forums on the Internet. The KC forumers laugh at you and the same here too. Keep letting the jealous idiot from STL use you like a pawn, all you're doing is disrupting great threads about KC.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #31
ShowMeKC

Michael, you are so stupid... You are the one who is the laughingstock, it is entirely because you have no credibility. You don't have an important job, you have not been around but for 2-3 years, you have not contributed to spreading/improving our reputation, you haven't attempted to reconcile or apologize to people you've insulted, you keep on going back to forums from which you've been banned. You insult other people when they have done nothing but challenged you (pot calling the kettle black).

BTW Michael, who was the one who put the information on SSP? Who is the one who put information on the architecture of KC and such on Wikipedia? Who has been here since 2002? Who is the one who has talked to developers, architects, and people directly involved with projects? Who is the one who has personally seen news articles and fire insurance maps with heights/information about buildings in KC, who is the one who has read books and articles on architecture/skyscrapers in Kansas City? Who is the one who knows multiple building heights by memory?

I could go on and on and on... I could also copy and paste all your posts on the KC forums, but you know why I don't? Because that would be very childish and immature, it would do me no good, not to mention that although I don't like you, I still will respect you as a fellow human being.

Oh and it's nice that you have so much hate for people from St. Louis... OMG, it's the STL Nazis coming to take us all out!...
Aren't you the one who mostly starts the KC-STL fights... Ask anyone on the KC forums, here or SSP... You are sounding exactly like I did several years ago...

if I could report your posts, I would, but unfortunately it's disabled... however, if you continue to flame me, insult me, and threaten me, I will report you... Otherwise, if you keep this at a constructive and civil debate, I will respect your right as a forumer.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #32
Angelo2219

^ what a dork...lol

Devin you are Raytownthug... let's see if you'll confess that.
I KNOW it's the truth. Will you be a man and confess?

KCDevin/ShowMeKC/ICXCookieIXOYC/Raytownthug

We know who the flamers are... what does everyone think of this density?
[IMG]http://photos.***************/kcgridlock/aerialskcurban/IMG_6089_mod.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #33
ShowMeKC

no i'm not raytown thug, as far as I know, i've never been in raytown besides just passing through it. I don't know who he is.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #34
Steely Dan
facist lord of the cosmos

Likes (Received): 111

just when i thought the words "kansas city", "skyscrapercity", and "mental retardation" couldn't get any more intertwined..............

Old May 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM   #35
ShowMeKC

lol... I'm just hoping this doesn't spill over into the KC forums...
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #36
downtownVital.org
You can call me Dan

Likes (Received): 4

There should be one big KC forumers / StL forumers pissing match thread. That way, every other week when one or five of these matches breaks out between those select forumers who can avoid this stuff, it can be contained in one place... it would help keep pissing match continuity. I suppose it would never work though, there's no containing this much crap.

http://www.downtownvital.org
downtownVital.org no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:02 AM   #37
ShowMeKC

This isn't KC v STL as far as I'm concerned... STL is my third most favorite city, I have no reason to bash it or the people from there.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #38
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

This is KC vs KC. STL isn't in this one. Anyways every STL vs KC match is started by Michael, just under different aliases of his, usually Raytownthug.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #39
JivecitySTL
The Jive is Alive.

Quote:
Keep letting the jealous idiot from STL use you like a pawn, all you're doing is disrupting great threads about KC.
No offense, but why would anyone from St. Louis be jealous of Kansas City?

Great pics, btw.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #40
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

^Uh oh. Kaboom.