daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #8301
Aziza1121
Investor 1st, Broker 2nd

Likes (Received): 23

Not Available

http://www.taguig.gov.ph/

Sponsored Links

Old September 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #8302
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 535

AusAid donates 3D disaster map of Manila to NDRRMC
GMANews
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ausaid-dona...114805751.html

Almost two years after the destructive typhoon Ondoy wrought havoc on Metro Manila, the country can now be more prepared for similar disasters thanks to a high-resolution geohazard map granted by the Australian government to the Philippines.

Under a P260 million grant awarded by the Australian Government Overseas Aid Program (AusAID) and Geoscience Australia, a high-resolution 1,300-square kilometer map of Metro Manila has been turned over to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) and the National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) on Friday.

Sophisticated LiDAR technology

The map—created through a sophisticated imaging process called Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology, which uses laser beams to capture a three-dimensional model of the capital—will be used in conjunction with the disaster risk reduction efforts of the government.

While having a map does not guarantee zero casualties during disasters, Presidential Adviser on Environmental Protection Nereus Acosta said it will help in better management of the government's disaster risk reduction efforts.

"How can you manage that which you cannot measure? This can be used for measuring. How can you monitor effectively that which you cannot map?" Acosta said.

Mapping surface elements is essential

Compared with existing digital maps owned by the government, which were captured using other technologies such as satellite imagery, the LiDAR maps are more detailed in that they not only capture the topography of the area, but also the various surface elements as well.

Dr. Andy Barnicoat of Geoscience Australia stressed that this is a crucial factor in geohazard mapping, since elements such as buildings, trees and houses are factors in accurately depicting risk in a particular disaster situation.

"Accurate data is needed in building models for different scenarios and simulations," Barnicoat pointed out while showing the audience at a press briefing how water from a local tsunami is often contained by tall buildings.

Further work with NAMRIA, others

The almost 0.5-terabyte LiDAR data set given to the government, however, cannot be used for upcoming disasters just yet, Barnicoat clarified. "It still needs further work to extract relevant data, a process which will be undertaken by NAMRIA and other agencies," he explained.

Once the three-year project has been firmly established, local governments can use data from the LiDAR maps to effectively carry out simulations of strong winds, flooding and earthquake scenarios in their respective areas.

This is especially helpful in crafting disaster-mitigation and prevention procedures in risk-prone cities, according to Barnicoat, as it "enhances the capacity [of decision-makers] to understand the behavior and likely impacts of disasters in their cities."

The project, however, is just the initial phase of a broader disaster risk-reduction development assistance program from the Australian government, which is carried under the banner BRACE program.

Pilot test case in Taguig

Proponents of the umbrella program have picked out Taguig City, one of the burgeoning cities in Metro Manila, as a pilot test case to implement other phases of the program, which include flood risk modeling, impact and risk assessment from severe wind, earthquake risk modeling and information education campaign.

"The key challenge is taking the information from the LiDAR survey and translate that to a concrete understanding of disaster risk," said Andrew Egan of AusAID. "In Taguig, there would be interventions that would use the data to better inform local communities."

Using data generated from the high-resolution maps, Egan said they will work with the Taguig City government to improve land use planning, crafting early warning systems, and relocation of at-risk informal settlers to safer settlements in other parts of the city.

Egan said they chose Taguig because it is one of the few cities in Metro Manila which is still under early development with a significant amount of land that can be used for housing.

"It will be a lot more difficult to carry this out in some other more congested city in Metro Manila. When you apply mapping data, part of it is looking at land use within the area, so this could also influence building codes in the city," he explained.

Once the project has garnered success in Taguig, Egan said they will look into eventually rolling out the same programs in other parts of Metro Manila, or even around the country.
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #8303
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 535

Gov’t receives P19-billion bid for FTI complex
Business World
http://bworldonline.com/content.php?...mplex&id=38403

A P19-BILLION OFFER for Food Terminals, Inc. (FTI) has been received by the Privatization and Management Office, a Cabinet official yesterday said.

“A company has offered P19 billion for FTI. It will be subjected to a Swiss challenge once the president approves it,” Finance Secretary Cesar V. Purisima told reporters at the sidelines of ongoing budget deliberations at the Senate.

Mr. Purisima declined to name the bidder or identify whether it was a listed property firm.

“We’ll publish it at the right time,” he said, adding that FTI would be sold, not leased.

The P19-billion bid is significantly higher than the P13-billion asking price announced when the government put FTI on the market. The 103-hectare property is the centerpiece of the government’s 2011 privatization program. Located in Taguig City, it is described as one of the largest industrial complexes in Metro Manila.

Various property firms have expressed their intention to bid for the property, including Ayala Land Inc., Robinsons Land Corp. and Empire East Land Holdings, Inc. Filinvest Land, Inc. is the latest to throw its hat into the ring.

FTI has already been put on the auction block but the government has been unable to find serious buyers. Sale plans were scrapped back in 2009 and 2010 due to unfavorable market conditions.
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM   #8304
aprilryan

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziza1121 View Post
The Taguig website is now up..but still incomplete.
aprilryan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM   #8305
aprilryan

New (circa December 2010) Parco Supermarket along General Luna St. in Taguig

And btw, the Taguig website is up and is maybe 70-80% complete. It's not bad, actually. Go here --->www.taguig.gov.ph

Last edited by aprilryan; October 23rd, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #8306
Christian_123
MMMPPH!

Likes (Received): 410

I've been to parco. It's nice and spacious...kaso parang kulang lang un variety ng stalls nya. Overall, not bad.

Also, Puregold near the City Hall is now 70 to 80% complete.

Your mom and 10 other relatives liked this post
Christian_123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #8307
GUNDAM168

Likes (Received): 4

Hello Taguigenos!

Hi guys. I'm looking for a route from EDSA Guadalupe going to C6 road specifically the C6 bridge on Napindan Channel.

I'm following JP Rizal east up to Ellisco Road then F. Manalo then Labao. Safe po ba dumaan sa mga kalye na yun particularly sa Labao St.?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
GUNDAM168 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #8308
Christian_123
MMMPPH!

Hinde safe dyan, masikip ang lugar. Pagdating mo sa dulo, lalong sisikip ang daan tapos lubak lubak pa.

Old October 26th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #8309
GUNDAM168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_123 View Post
Hinde safe dyan, masikip ang lugar. Pagdating mo sa dulo, lalong sisikip ang daan tapos lubak lubak pa.
What do you mean "hinde safe dyan"?

Thanks. Btw, I plan to pass by there on mountain bike and not a car.
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #8310
Christian_123
MMMPPH!

Ahhh. In that case, kasya yan. As for hinde safe, remember mo nalang na slum area yan lalong lalo sa arenda.

Old October 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #8311
GUNDAM168

Ok lang sir. Nakadaan na ako sa Arenda kaso sa Labao hindi pa.
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #8312
leechtat
@jpareyes

Likes (Received): 113

@gundam168: nice adventure urban trail.... take photos for us please..

"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #8313
GUNDAM168

^
Will do.

I plan to go to Loyola Sucat this Saturday via the eastern roadways.

C6 from Napindan to Bicutan
ML Quezon road from Bicutan to Sucat

I've plotted it on Google Earth and it looks doable @ 27 kms.
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #8314
blitzmage_89

Likes (Received): 26

A year ago rumors were circulating that DLSU intends to get a parcel of that FTI lot for their new campus. Given that it's prime property I doubt La Salle will get any portion of it, but I hope Ayala donates another parcel of land (similar to DLSZ) if they win the bid.
blitzmage_89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #8315
thomasian
I'm sorry ...moving on

Likes (Received): 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDAM168 View Post
Hello Taguigenos!

Hi guys. I'm looking for a route from EDSA Guadalupe going to C6 road specifically the C6 bridge on Napindan Channel.

I'm following JP Rizal east up to Ellisco Road then F. Manalo then Labao. Safe po ba dumaan sa mga kalye na yun particularly sa Labao St.?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Labao St. is perfectly safe, never mind those who says it's not. I've taken that route (by mountain bike, too, as you will also be doing) many times before and it's not as slum-y as some people here thinks. Even the other alley (Katurian and P. Lucas almost parallel to that road which is more slum-y looks safe too. I've passed it and no matter how ugly the houses may be, mukhang disente and mga nakatira, sa umaga may mga batang naglalakad papunta ng paaralan, may nagwawalis ng kalye, looks very provincial like a rural setting in the city. Sa gilid ng C6-Napindan may mga pato o bibe na maingay sa umaga, parang probinsya lang.

Take this warning though, during the rainy season, the final 250 meters leading up to the foot of the C6-Napindan bridge gets overly muddy (dirt road po itong dulong stretch nung kalye, wala yatang pera ang Taguig para pa-sementohan yun!). The worst that happened to me is being stuck on the mud I had to get off the bike and just walk my way up to stiffer grounds with each step a burden having to pull your feet up from the mud where it sinks on every step. Hayyy. During the dry season naman, the cement factories around Elisco fills the road with a layer of dust that easily flies into the air, clouding it.

That's the route I am taking from Sta. Mesa to Angono and Binangonan, Rizal by bicycle! I'll draw it on Google Earth together with alternate routes and notes about those alternate routes (alternate routes to follow, plot ko muna yun sa Google Earth)

I saw your Tambo route on the MoA thread too, which I also use frequently before when birdwatching on the Bulungan Market.

Would you like to go biking with me one of these days? There's this lakeside park in Angono, Rizal which we could go into passing that route of Elisco-Napindan-C6-Floodway and then Taytay-Angono Coastal Road.

By the way, underneath that C6 bridge in Napindan is a "talipapa" where I used to buy "Ulang", yung hipon na galing freshwater at hindi dagat tapos may malaking sipit na kulay blue mukhang cross between hipon at lobster, 230 lang per kilo yun a few months ago, perfect for sinigang na hipon lalo na at mas matamis ito kasi hindi sa tubig-alat nanggaling, I've tried it for ginataan too and it's also good. I just make sure that aling tindera gives me three additional plastic bags kasi sa dami ng mga lubak at humps na madadaanan pabalik ng Sta. Mesa eh unti-unting nabubutas ng sipit ng ulang yung supot.

Last edited by thomasian; October 28th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #8316
GUNDAM168

^
Thanks for the info! I was actually thinking of biking to the Angono Antenna/Petroglyphs something. I think that's a shorter way compared to taking Ortigas. Maybe on Nov. 1 or 2.

Here's my route from Guadalupe to Napindan

and here is my route from C6 to Loyola Sucat

Old October 29th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #8317
ipur
Proud Gutgut

Likes (Received): 56

Guys, 13 days left to continuously vote for our Puerto Princesa Underground River (PPUR) as one New 7 Wonders of Nature. There are three ways to vote. Please the check below link:
http://www.filamnation.com/2011/07/v...nd-river-ppur/

Sa mga nasa Pilipinas, pwedeng bomoto through text. Text PPUR to 2861 or for automatic 1 vote per day Text PPUR<space>ON to 2861.VOTE NA para hindi pababa ang trend ng PPUR natin.
ipur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #8318
GUNDAM168

Finished my ride Mandaluyong to Loyola Sucat via C6 and back via Makati CBD = 49kms.

Observations:

- Guadalupe to Napindan via Elisco and Labao is nice. Except for a flooded part of Elisco. Mud and water on the streets.
- C6 is slowly deteriorating. Ruts on the southbound sides of the roads.
- Cars going at >60kph suddenly taking the opposite lane to avoid the ruts are accidents waiting to happen.
- C6 is too long, too dusty, to gravelly. Not excited to go there again.

Looking over Labao...

Looking over Arenda

The long dusty road south...Daang Matuwid.

Singit ko lang...Barangay Sucat lakeside park looking over NAPOCOR Power Plant. Nice.

Old October 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #8319
aprilryan

^good job with the pics!
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:31 AM   #8320
thomasian
I'm sorry ...moving on

Likes (Received): 311

Nice @Gundam168. I noticed you arrived at C6 around 8-9 am judging from the shadows in the pic so you may not have noticed that Labao doesn't have streetlights a few hundred meters before approaching C6. I usually pass Labao before dawn so I know how dark the area is just before you get to C6. Its a wonder the area doesn't seem to be crime prone, and yes, I'm still alive despite passing there by bicycle in the dark several times before, but I wonder if the Taguig city government is just waiting for someone to get killed before they install proper street lighting there. The lack of pavement in that area doesn't help as well, imagine biking in the dark and on dirt (or on mud if it rained the night earlier) and you'll know how it can be a nightmare to walk there by foot during the night.

I'm not exactly complaining for myself as I am not a Taguig City resident and there are better routes which I can take but I can't help comparing the stark contrast between the developed and under-developed areas of Taguig. Surely the residents of the area deserve better than a dirt road without street lights.

Tags
fort bonifacio, taguig