daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Aarhus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Asbjoern
Grave Architecture

Likes (Received): 82

PROJECT | Europaplads 16 | 57 m | 16 fl | Pro

Description

The property developers Claes Remien, Peter Andersen and Flemming Rasmussen is planning a new highrise at Europaplads 16 next to the new main library of Aarhus currently under construction. The existing building at Europaplads 16 was built in ? and it will either be demolished completely or the steel structure will be reused for the new highrise. The architects on the project are Aarhus Arkitekterne.

Quote from Aarhus Arkitekterne:

Quote:
I fremtiden vil det nye Europaplads sammen med det nye multimediehus blive et af de vigtigste rum i byen, og med beliggenheden tæt ved cityområdet og åens udløb vil det igen komme til at udgøre et centralt bindeled mellem byen og bugten.
The new highrise will be 57 meters high with a total of 16 floors. It is expected to be completed in 2014. Though there is currently no tenants, which will either kill or severely delay the project.

Visualizations

Links

- The architects' page regarding Europaplads 16
- Local plan proposal

Last edited by Asbjoern; May 26th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Asbjoern no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #2
TH_DK

Likes (Received): 195

Couldn't the owner of the hotel on the right hand side of the proposed highrise modernize the facade . It is so ugly. The aerea could be really nice with hotel Atlantic renovated next to the river, new main libary and the new highrise. Anybody knows if It is gonna be renovated any time soon?
TH_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #3
TH_DK

I was just starting to believe that this highrise would never be realized, but fortunately a public hearing has beeen initiated.

I would invite all in favor of the highrise to send a comment to aahus municipality. I will indeed do so today

From Aarhus.dk:

Forudgående offentlig høring
(09.05.12 - 30.05.12)

Link to the public hearing folder:

http://lokalplanerweb.aarhuskommune....an.aspx?id=986
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 8101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I would invite all in favor of the highrise to send a comment to aahus municipality.
I second that

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Asbjoern
Grave Architecture

The public hearing brings a new visualization of the highrise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH_DK View Post
I would invite all in favor of the highrise to send a comment to aahus municipality. I will indeed do so today
You are aware that your personal approval or for that sake dislike of the highrise has no influence on the municipality's decision, right?
The local plan process does not function like a democratic vote. I think it is dangerous to encourage people to send in comments based entirely on their personal viewpoint regarding a sepcific building project, which they are not neighbours of.
It is dangerous because it creates a precedent where also people that dislikes the project and are not neighbours can make their personal opinions heard making the whole process unprofessional. It then becomes a contest of popularity instead of adhering to the regulations that govern construction. In fact the official highrise politic in Aarhus allows for highrise construction on the very spot, so there is no reason at all to send in positive comments, because it will be approved. The project can of course change based on valid arguments like those made by the industries on the harbour with large polluting chimneys, which meant the ventilation in the Værkmestergade highrise were changed from the upper 25th floor to a much lower floor. Something the architect's had not taken into consideration.

Last edited by Asbjoern; May 9th, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #6
aarhusforever
EU citizen

I don't agree with you at all. I am aware that the official highrise politic in Aarhus allows for highrise construction on that spot, but It is always important to state your opinion in these matters IMO. There are so many nimbies in denmark, so it is very important to show the city council and developers/contractors, that 'where there's a will there's a way'. Even though a project intirely depends on the municipality's decision, there is always a chance that it can change based on valid arguments (..as you mentioned).

Every time a new major construction project is published, it is always the nimbies, who are heard in the media. I belive, that It is very important that the city council and developers/contractors are aware of all the positive voices in the city.

I have, for many years now, supported the major buildingprojects in Aarhus and has, in that respect, since been contacted by several developers, who wanted to thank me for my positive support concerning their specific projects...so your opinion matters, now and for future projects.

...I would also invite all in favor of the highrise to send a comment to Aarhus municipality...let them know your opinion...and help to make it easier for future projects in Aarhus

Aarhus...my Aarhus
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Riverdale

Likes (Received): 96

Jyllands Posten withdraw their plans of moving in the new building

http://jp.dk/aarhus/erhverv/article2787586.ece

The project is not dead despite the lack of potential renters
Riverdale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #8
simondk

Likes (Received): 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Rather disappointing though.
simondk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #9
simondk

Likes (Received): 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Rather disappointing though!

Hope they will find some other tenants!

Last edited by simondk; May 26th, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: missed the hope part...
simondk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #10
Asbjoern
Grave Architecture

The probability of this highrise being built just went from good to bad. Furthermore the local plan was just sent to public hearing so this comes as a complete surprise.

It will be interesting to see where JP is going to relocate now. The positive aspect of today's news is that they still have plans for relocating.
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #11
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Actually, I don't think this is a surprise at all. This was an obvious high-risk target and is surely the reason they have not found other tenants. Now they can start over again and get the right tenants in the building although there still appear to be a so-called "economic crisis" in Denmark.

This is, of course, a step backwards, but it is a correct and sensible setback IMO.

JP should relocate to a new and safe building outside the city center

Aarhus...my Aarhus
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Never give up

Likes (Received): 1727

Work starts today on the new flood sluse and pump system at the mouth of the Aarhus river by Europa Plads.
Next year the final section of the river will opened.

http://www.realdania.dk/Presse/Nyhed...er_020113.aspx

http://www.aarhus.dk/~/media/Dokumen...ing-sluse.ashx

Last edited by Never give up; January 2nd, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM   #13
johnDisney

Likes (Received): 93

Maybe this project is now comming closer to be realized.

At least, the "Lokalplan 962" has been moved from "Sager under vurdering" to "Igangværende lokalplansager" and the dates in the timeline have been updated.

Today, 1st of May 2013, the preparation work of the lokalplan will be started.

Indeed good news

Blingchampion liked this post
johnDisney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM   #14
Riverdale

Likes (Received): 96

That's great news. I had hoped that it would be just a tad higher, but still. The question is then who the renters of this building is going to be now that JP has decided not to relocate?
Riverdale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #15
TH_DK

Apparently the project is not dead yet. The planing milestones have just been updated at aarhus.dk:

Tidslinje

Byrådets 1. behandling (11.06.14)

Lokalplanforslaget er offentligt fremlagt i mindst 8 uger, hvor interesserede kan indsende deres bemærkninger til forslaget. Lokalplanforslagets offentlige fremlæggelse (25.06.14 - 20.08.14)

Byrådets endelige vedtagelse af lokalplanforslaget. Byrådets 2. behandling (15.10.14)

Anybody knows who the investor is?

aarhusforever liked this post

Last edited by TH_DK; March 27th, 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #16
johnDisney

Likes (Received): 93

unfortunately, I don't think you should put too much faith into those dates: once in a while, like every second month or so, the dates are updated. The date for 1. Behandling has been postponed several times throughout the last 10 months. I think the administration just use a 'Best guess' approach... 😰

(I have been disappointed more than once)

TH_DK liked this post
johnDisney no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: