December 14th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lebanon & USA
Likes (Received): 31
*** SSC-Lebanon Forum Rules ***
SSC-Lebanon Forum Rules
~ New members please check-in here ~
- Respect & Tolerance
Personal attacks or any comments involving racism, sexism, homophobia, or disrespect towards ANY religion are not allowed in this forum. Violations of this rule will be taken very seriously: first-time offenders will be issued a warning, but any subsequent violations may result in infractions and/or having the user banned from SSC.
- User Names/Accounts
* Any member with a user name that is very similar to that of a moderator or another member (with the apparent intent to impersonate) will automatically be banned.
* If any member is caught using multiple accounts, he/she will have both accounts banned.
* User name changes are now only granted by an SSC Administrator under extreme circumstances.
- Signatures & Avatars
* Signatures must be a maximum of three lines and a maximum size 3 font.
* This forum does not allow any religious or political imagery, slogans, quotes, etc. to be used for avatar or signature content. That means no political party flags, logos, or pictures of politicians. If your current avatar or signature contains any such content, please remove/change it immediately, or moderators reserve the right to remove it for you.
- SSC Banners
* Banners featured on SSC are ultimately selected by the site Administrator, Jan. SSC typically features two Lebanon banners each year. It is strongly urged that any Lebanon banner submitted to Jan for consideration first be voted upon by the members of this forum. Any member that opts to by-pass this process and directly submit a Lebanon banner to Jan will be banned.
* If you are interested in entering your banner into the forum's competition, please post it in the Lebanon Banner Submissions thread (banners must be 719 x 123 px, .JPG, 72 dpi)
- General Posting Restrictions
* ALL photos that you post in this forum must be credited. Please include "courtesy of ....." below each photo, even if it is your own.
* English is the official language used in this forum. Arabic and French are permitted ONLY if a translation is provided. The reason for this is that the majority of the international community and SSC members/visitors can read English and we want this forum to be accessible to everyone.
* Personal conversations are only permitted in the Cedar Cafe section of the forum, specifically the Random Chat Thread. For privacy reasons, it is advised that members not share their personal information on this public forum.
* Please do not address or refer to another member using his/her real name in any thread (Private Messages are OK), since this may cause confusion regarding users who's real names are different from their user names. More importantly, this is a privacy concern for those who do not wish to publicize their real name.
- Political Discussions
* Any issues related to Lebanese or international politics are not allowed to be posted about in this forum. Any such posts involving political issues will be deleted (this includes news articles).
* The only thread in which political discussions are permitted is the "[Enter At Your Own Risk]" (EAYOR) thread located in the Cedar Cafe.
NOTE: This thread is currently closed and will remain so until further notice.
- Lebanese Cities and Villages Photo Forum
Please try to keep the Lebanese Cities and Villages threads pure picture threads and only comment if you have a question or relevant information/stories to share. There is no need to post simply to thank a person for updating the thread or stating that you like a photo.
- Projects Forum
* The Projects forum is reserved only for threads on individual projects in Lebanon.
* Please review the Project Index prior to starting any new threads to make sure that the project does not already have a thread.
* When creating a new thread, please make sure that you at least have the project's rendering and basic information. For the thread title, use the following format: #PROJECT-[city]: "[name]" | [#Floors] [Res/Com/Hotel/Mixed use] - [#meters]
Other variations include: #PROPOSED, #APPROVED, #UNDER C. Please do not include your signature in the introductory posts of Project threads.
*** Please try to keep the Project threads focused and on topic by strictly posting ONLY about the project at hand and ONLY posting if you have something substantial to add to the thread. This means you can only post status updates, renderings, photos, and news articles about the project. You can also ask questions and provide relevant information. DO NOT simply reply with one-liners reflecting your personal views and there is no need for posting just to thank those who post updates.
NOTE: Moderators reserve the right to delete any post at any time as well as edit thread titles and introductory posts to have them in the proper format.
If you have any questions about the rules or any suggestions to make this forum better, please post them in the About the Forum
Last edited by Beiruti; December 14th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.