daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Old December 28th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #141
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3249

Highway 67
San Carlos, Negros Occidental

Linguine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 5th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #142
Linguine
leisure cook

Bacolod Central Market

Sweet Corn Vendors at the Bacolod Central Market
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #143
Linguine
leisure cook

Organic Market
Bacolod, Negros Occidental

Organic Fruit Jams by Fresh Start Organics

Organic Rice

Rainforest Organic Coffee

Chili & Turmeric Flavored Banana Chips by Alter Trade
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #144
boypad

Likes (Received): 11

SM to convert public markets into malls

BusinessWorld Online
January 9, 2011

SM Prime Holdings, Inc., the country’s largest mall developer, will start commercial operations of seven new malls this year, adding 400,000 square meters (sq. m.) of commercial area for lease.
THE soon-to-be-opened Dasmariñas mall will have a basement for wet market stalls below an SM Hypermarket and food shops.
THE soon-to-be-opened Dasmariñas mall will have a basement for wet market stalls below an SM Hypermarket and food shops.

The mall developer of retail and banking tycoon Henry Sy, Sr. will also pilot test its “public market-to-mall” concept, a partnering with local governments.

This year will see the highest number of new malls opened to the public by the SM group, an executive said late last week.

“We will open seven or eight smaller malls this year,” Jeffrey C. Lim, SM Prime executive vice-president and chief finance officer, told reporters.

The list includes SM Masinag in Antipolo, SM San Fernando in La Union, SM Dasmariñas in Cavite, SM Apalit in Pampanga, SM Commonwealth in Quezon City, SM La Consolacion in Cebu, and SM BF-Sucat in Parañaque.

SM Prime will finance projects through P20 billion in capital allotted this year. The amount has already been secured through debt and internal funding.

“[The Dasmariñas branch] will be a pilot project for us. We are converting a public market into a formal retail mall,” Mr. Lim said.

SM Prime is currently building a mall on a two-hectare lot it had leased from the local government for 25 years.

The lease may be extended for another 25 years.

“We will have a semi-basement for wet and dry markets and the ground floor will be the Hypermarket with some food shops,” Mr. Lim said. The third floor will be for third-party tenants and the fourth floor will be for parking spaces.

Under the agreement, SM Prime cannot increase rental rates for public market tenants beyond the fees approved by the local government.

Mr. Lim said the plan to convert public markets into malls in cooperation with local governments will depend on the success of the pilot test and the availability of lots.

The 30,000-sq.-m. SM Dasmariñas is expected to cost P500 million, half of the benchmark P1 billion for each SM mall.

Meanwhile, some of the new malls like SM Apalit will have 20,000 to 30,000 sq. m. of gross leasable area.

Last year, SM Prime started commercial operations of SM Calamba and San Pablo in Laguna, SM Novaliches in Quezon City and SM Tarlac. This increased SM malls in the Philippines to 40, with an estimated gross floor area of 4.8 million sq. m.

The mall developer has started the construction of SM Davao and the 80,000-sq.-m. SM General Santos in South Cotabato, which will be opened next year.

New malls will help the company hike profits by a double-digit rate this year, Mr. Lim said.

Shares in SM Prime, whose profits rose by 11% to P5.6 billion in the nine months that ended in September last year, dropped by P0.02 to P11.30 each on Friday. -- Neil Jerome C. Morales
boypad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #145
Dante_54

Likes (Received): 498

TABACO CITY PUBLIC MARKET

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

-------
BYAHERO
Dante_54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #146
Dante_54

Likes (Received): 498

ALBAY'S ONE TOWN , ONE PRODUCT BUSINESS CENTER

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Landco Business Park, Legazpi City

-------
BYAHERO

mabolo.cebu liked this post
Dante_54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #147
oragon.com
parasogot

Likes (Received): 380

Naga City Public Market

oragon.com no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #148
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Likes (Received): 479

Waterless urinals of the toilet of the public market of Dumaguete, one of the cleanest in the country...

Dumaguete, simply the place to be...

ritche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #149
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Clean Dumaguete Public Market

Here's a quote from the Coca Cola President in the Dumaguete Metropost October 23, 2010 issue when he visited the Dumaguete Public Market.

An old review about the Dumaguete City Public by a stranger:

A typical impression for a public market is that it is dirty, filthy, and smelly. But many have said that the Dumaguete City Public Market is a cut from the rest as it is one of the cleanest in the country. Take it from a total stranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post

Dumaguete Day Tour: Public Markets
Sunday, November 02, 2008

I was told by an online acquaintance not to miss the public market. And miss the public market, I did not!

When I got there however, I thought this was not a singular public market but more of a plural public markets. The area is composed of a number of buildings (six?) that comprises the public market of Dumaguete. Yes Daryll, I now agree with you. This must be one of the cleanest in the country. I did not at all experience the usual “yucky” feeling while roaming around this area. This place can even be compared with that of Marikina!

It starts right behind the bell tower with what is called the Fruit Market and fruits they really sell. Yes, the Dauin-bound ‘esrides’ park here. Too many kinds of fruits on sale; from apples to jackfruits, to oranges, guavas, mangoes, durians to peaches, pears and papayas. They’re all there! I loved the smell at this market – interestingly fruity – what else hehe! The delectable scent of the langka dominates the place. And I wondered how they keep or where they throw their garbage in this place – never had a chance to spot any.

Then there is the Fruit & Vegetable Plaza. Name it you’ll find it there. I was surprised to see there was even a stall selling oregano seeds! Whatever those are hehe! Very first thing I noticed in this area is/was that the vegetables are laid out as they are – fresh or not. No manangs who continuously douse their vegetables with water to make them look fresh.

What actually caught my attention in this area of the market were the numbered coconuts. The style in this place is to mark each “de-husked” coconut with the price for which it is being sold. Hmm, did I say it right? Is there such a word as “de-husked”. Whatever hehe, basta, I mean “with the husk removed”! Am just taking the analogy from “de-boned” and “de-faced” hehehe! And I had to stay a few minutes watching an old man mark each of those coconuts with the big numbers for a price tag! I asked how many marking pens he consumes each day and told me “the equivalent of two”. When I clarified what he meant by “the equivalent of two” he told me that they would usually refill the pen with ink so that it’s cheaper. Hmm, wise!

Then there is also the Fish Terminal & Storage Complex and I actually did not feel bad being in it. While they trade and sale fish of all types, being there does not give you the yucky feel of trotting on wet, slimy and smelly floor. In fact, it sports the same kind of flooring that most every public market in the country are made of - bare concrete. I could not say this place is sparklingly tidy nor sterile but I think the right word is orderliness - and perhaps too dryness of the surroundings.

Next buildings are the meats and poultry, fish and other sections selling everything like DVDs, bags, toys, school items, clothes, etc., like you would see them at Divisoria. So it’s a normal public market after all. But why do I (and other observers) like this particular public market? Is it because it’s right behind the church? Nah! I think the clue is discipline and order. Each stall sticks to its allotted space and each vendor has a stall. This is very much unlike anywhere else where the stall owners would eat up the alleys with their wares or extend protrusions so that they can be more visible to the buying public than their competitors. In this place, I did not see vendors spreading their wares on the streets nor did I see ambulant vendors thrusting their goods at people. In this place, the alleyway is still and alleyway, the sidewalk is still a side walk (you know, that place where people walk on? Remember?), the parking areas are still parking areas – and they even have designated spaces for motorcycles and cars! This is probably the secret. Then again, I could have been visiting at the “wrong” time? I hope not!

Hey, in an inner building of the square that is lined with carinderias on ground floor and what seemed like air-conditioned offices on second level, something caught my curiosity! These are the tarpaulin sheets draped above each carinderia and obviously sponsored/donated by Coke. Each sheet has the logo of coke printed on it with a name at the bottom. I got curious what those names were so I asked one of the stores on the other side of the street. Simple! Those names are the owners of the carinderias. Coolness! In this place, they don’t anymore go to the extremes of creating funny or even silly names like “Kikay’s Kainan” or “Asado ni Mando”! They just sport the FULL NAME (yep, that’s the full first name and full surname of the owner/proprietor of the carinderia)! Unique!

[/CENTER]

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #150
boju2
gigaGO Philippines!

Likes (Received): 18

Market City now open

Read article and see lots of photos here: http://cagayandeorodev.wordpress.com...city-now-open/

SSC is a forum in helping nation building.

Last edited by boju2; June 15th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
boju2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #151
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 1875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguine View Post
Highway 67
San Carlos, Negros Occidental

Reminds me of Tiolas in San Joaquin, Iloilo on the way to Antique
MOST BUSINESS FRIENDLY,CLEANEST AND GREENEST, BEST PLACES TO LIVE, SPORTS CENTER OF THE SOUTH, I.T. HUB, ECO-TOURISM HOTSPOT, ORGANIC FOOD HUB, ADVENTURE GATEWAY,FOOTBALL CITY, CONVENTION CITY
boy muscovado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:10 AM   #152
Fraulein

Likes (Received): 15

Is it true that 7-11 will expand to Visayas and Mindanao?

My travel blog: http://thesimplertraveler.blogspot.com/
More Fun in the Philippines!
Fraulein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #153
joelrm_22

Likes (Received): 36

TUGUEGARAO CITY upgraded central market (still U/C)

TENANTS:
SAVEMORE MARKET
ACE EXPRESS
SAVORY
WATSONS
CD-R-KING
LBC
GENERICS PHARMACY
etc...

with mini theme park at 4th floor.

Christendom liked this post

Last edited by joelrm_22; November 6th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
joelrm_22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #154
Gabriella_S

Likes (Received): 0

When I was on vacation in an international city, I was homesick after a week. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I saw a corner store that looked just like a sarisari store here at Phils! It was rubbing shoulders with luxury malls and brand shops =)
Gabriella_S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #155
Gabriella_S

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, sweet corn! Love them all - inihaw, mais con hielo, cheese corn, pop corn, and all corny things!
Gabriella_S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:49 PM   #156
bacolodchamp
Bacolod On My Mind

Likes (Received): 5528

SAGAY CITY PUBLIC MARKET

bacolodchamp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM   #157
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Mercado de Bais

Old May 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #158
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Mercado de Bais

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #159
dherish09

Likes (Received): 3

wow ang linis ng Market huh
dherish09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #160
bacolodchamp
Bacolod On My Mind

Likes (Received): 5528

website

our version of 7-11 and mini-stop with 15 branches to boot; 12 in bacolod and 3 in iloilo. and still growing.

Last edited by bacolodchamp; July 20th, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
bacolodchamp no está en línea   Reply With Quote