daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Estonia

Estonia » Tallinn

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #21
xkala1x

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
Skinest Ehitus has made rough plan of Riisipere-Haapsalu line reconstruction.

Skinest Ehitus has already made pre-project plans of railway reconstruction on demand of Harjumaa Ühistranspordikeskus who is also negotiating with other Estonian railway construction companies (8 in total) for projects. Skinest plan shows that old railway dam is in good condition for building new tracks. According to Harjumaa Ühistranspordikeskus construction cost is 'confidential',but estimated cost of rebuilding entire line is 35 million euros.

Source: http://www.e24.ee/?id=395084
Rahvusringhäälingu uudislõik:
http://uudised.err.ee/index.php?06224789
xkala1x no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:01 AM   #22
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 428

I hate to say this but I don't think we'll see anything more than an extension to Turba in the next 10 years. Our politicians are extremely short-sighted and don't seem to realise the potential of a decent public transport system. Maybe, maybe we will see a non-electrified railway reach Haapsalu in the distant future but an electrified one...not very likely.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #23
Urbanisaatio

Likes (Received): 0

Are there really need for a railroad to Haapsalu? Just wondering, because there are only 11 000 inhabitants. Or is there massive industry which need a railroad?
Urbanisaatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM   #24
Tin_Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanisaatio View Post
Are there really need for a railroad to Haapsalu? Just wondering, because there are only 11 000 inhabitants. Or is there massive industry which need a railroad?
Good question. Leaving passenger traffic and all benefits from it aside,there are few factories & companies which could benefit from railway connection. Timber logging industry around Risti,peat harvesting South of Turba & Risti,forage plant in Taebla and quarries are few examples. Hmm,I guess Rohuküla harbour could be used for cargo shipping to islands,although it's only capable of handling small cargo ships.

Sadly loss of railway connection decade ago resulted demise of several companies which needed railway connection - there were also fisheries in Haapsalu and few machine shops & light industry.
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #25
Tin_Can

Riisipere-Haapsalu railway line was discussed today on radio and proposed unofficial deadlines are for Riisipere-Turba - 2015 and for Turba-Rohuküla - 2020.
It was also said that project is very dependant on next decade's EU infrastructure funding & Rail Baltica project,which draws most of finances planned for railways. In next year more more secure decision will be made about the project funding.
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #26
Tin_Can

Official preparation works for restoring Riisipere-Haapsalu railway line have begun.

Lääne county governor has formed commission,which does preparation works for restoring Riisipere-Haapsalu railway line. On first meeting commission studied project background & various feasibility studies.
Commission proposed Lääne county governor to send application to Ministry of Economics & Communications for entering Riisipere-Haapsalu railway line reconstruction to infrastructure investment priorities list.

Commission concluded that it's in the interests of Lääne county to restore train service all the way to Rohuküla harbour (Tin_Can - that's the maximum extent of previously demolished & currently proposed railway network)

Source: http://uudised.err.ee/index.php?06253256

Old May 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #27
Maadeuurija

Likes (Received): 160

fu@k YEAH
Maadeuurija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #28
kr!sto

Likes (Received): 24

So does this mean Haapsalu railway station will go into use once more?
kr!sto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #29
romanzone

Likes (Received): 28

Stadler FLIRT arriving to Haapsalu... That would be awesome!
romanzone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #30
rauno

Likes (Received): 148

Unfortunately the ministry of economic affiars and communications is against this as much as I know. It's too expencive project. It would be cool to switch the train to ferry at the port of Rohuküla to continue to islands, but there are just not enough people there to justify this project.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #31
Tin_Can

Based on what? Almost every study and research shows that line would not generate losses. In fact,in long term it would be profitable line.

Public pro-Riisipere-Haapsalu Railway Line meet-up is held tomorrow in Haapsalu.

Public meeting is held tomorrow in Haapsalu to discuss importance of railway lines and to jointly address statement to minister of economics Juhan Parts.
Representatives from Lääne,Harju & Hiiu counties,county & parish elders,mayor of Haapsalu and other pro-railway civil servants participate in addition to interested local inhabitants in the meeting.

Goal of the meeting is to write down all reasons for reconstruction of railway line and switching the project into state transportation projects investments list.

Source: http://online.le.ee/2013/01/16/kolme...eks-haapsallu/
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #32
Tin_Can

Estimated costs of project,based on several options (electrified railway,conventional railway,length of line):
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #33
Tin_Can

Ma juhiksin tähelepanu Ellamaa viaduktile - tegu oleks siis uue viaduktiga mis eraldaks Ääsmäe-Haapsalu-Rohuküla maantee (Riigimaantee nr.9) raudteest endise Ellamaa raudtee ülesõidu kohas.

Praegune olukord: http://goo.gl/maps/3Je0g
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #34
Rebasepoiss

Does anybody know or remember, in which stations did the Tallinn-Haapsalu train stop and how long did the ride take?
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #35
Tin_Can

I remember that Tallinn-Haapsalu trip had train transfer in Riisipere,where you had to switch from electric train to diesel train. So until Riisipere,train stopped at all current stations (excluding stations built after Haapsalu line was shut down). From Riisipere onward - Turba,Ellamaa,Metsa (entire place is dead thanks to loss of rail connection),Risti,one small station which name I can't remember (also completely deserted),Nigula,Taebla,Ridala,Uuemõisa (Haapsalu metro),Haapsalu (centre).

Trip from Tallinn to Haapsalu took about 2,5h. Maybe others remember travel time more precisely?
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #36
Rebasepoiss

That's interesting. Thanks! I thought there was a direct train between Talinn and Haapsalu, probably because of this photo: http://gallery.balticrailpics.net/di...h&cat=0&pos=17 .
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #37
romanzone

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
I remember that Tallinn-Haapsalu trip had train transfer in Riisipere,where you had to switch from electric train to diesel train. So until Riisipere,train stopped at all current stations (excluding stations built after Haapsalu line was shut down). From Riisipere onward - Turba,Ellamaa,Metsa (entire place is dead thanks to loss of rail connection),Risti,one small station which name I can't remember (also completely deserted),Nigula,Taebla,Ridala,Uuemõisa (Haapsalu metro),Haapsalu (centre).
Jaakna and Palivere - http://est-train.ertas.eu/laane/kei-haaps.php?lng=est (more info available in Russian only)

About travelling time... from that website i read following: "in the first half of 1990's, track condition on Riisipere-Haapsalu line has seriously deteriorated, thus increasing travel time between Tallinn and Haapsalu to 3 hours..."

For example, distance between Tallinn and Tartu by rail is about 2 times longer, but daily passenger trains (those with more stops) cover it in 3 hours.
romanzone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #38
Tin_Can

Ah yes,that small stop was indeed Jaakna. And sorry that I forgot to add Palivere station.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #39
Rebasepoiss

Hmm, how long would it take if the railway was rebuilt... The express train covers Tallinn-Keila in 30min so I think 25 min for the Haapsalu train shouldn't be a problem. From Keila to Haapsalu it's 77km. Let's say an average speed of 70km/h. So it would take more or less 1,5h in total. Currently the bus takes 1h45min, so not a significant decrease in time, actually.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #40
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Hmm, how long would it take if the railway was rebuilt... The express train covers Tallinn-Keila in 30min so I think 25 min for the Haapsalu train shouldn't be a problem. From Keila to Haapsalu it's 77km. Let's say an average speed of 70km/h. So it would take more or less 1,5h in total. Currently the bus takes 1h45min, so not a significant decrease in time, actually.
Current average speed of express train to Tartu is 2:13 for 190 km. So for the 77 km Keila-Haapsalu, 55 minutes should be fine.

If Riisipere-Haapsalu were rebuilt anyway, with new rails, would the alignment of the path allow 120 km/h, like Tapa-Tartu does?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
estonian railways